• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

OMG Fotski - you are a legend. I think i love you :P

It works :D *dances strangely around the room*

Oh and just to clarify - I actually did step 2 fully. I'm only on on my test site - but I figured I'd do the work around so when I upload the site later - I won't have to remember to fix it up properly. :)

Hello,

I have used the v2.76 on my sites and it works great, and I see now version 2.76e which has the category image import. Thanks this will save lots of time. The issue I have is that when I up load the file, products do not show up, but show in the database? I manually entered one item in OSC and did the download, and that file is correct, all items linked correctly. I change a price on that one file and up loaded and it works fine. But, as soon as I add one item to the text file with excel, it says imported fine, but item does not show up in OSC, but does in the database? I do have SPPC installed, but have it turned off in EP2.76e. I also have safe output off? I have it down to the basics.

Thanks JR

Oh and just to clarify - I actually did step 2 fully. I'm only on on my test site - but I figured I'd do the work around so when I upload the site later - I won't have to remember to fix it up properly. :)

I've attempted the solution provided on the recently-linked page. I'm not sure I've done it correctly.

For the second suggestion, in the easypopulate.php file, after these lines:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// */
// **** Temp directory **** 
define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/temp/');

I placed this:

// fix by jb 20040815 set the strings to http post/request, since they don't seem to work on the new server, with register globals=off...
$dltype=$_REQUEST['dltype'];
$download=$_REQUEST['download'];

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

foreach( $HTTP_POST_FILES as $varname => $fileinfo ){
$GLOBALS[$varname] = $fileinfo["tmp_name"];
$GLOBALS[$varname.'_name'] = $fileinfo["name"];
}
// end fix jb

I now get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_tax_class_rate() in /home/content/html/SITE_U_demo/test/oscommerce/admin/easypopulate.php on line 765

I assume I placed it in the wrong area.

On the first suggestion, I was unable to locate the following statement in either file:

$tempdir

Instead I did find reference to this:

$temp

So, I placed the following suggested code after the statement in the easypopulate.php file. It did not work.

$_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]

The instructions are a bit vague or maybe outdated. Can someone simply post the files that must be modified? Thank you.

personally i wouldnt even consider running it on a windows box. i think you would do better to setup your own box with linux, centos 4.5 is good one & free, install it with everything, set your web service and mysql service to run, set your mysql root password... get phpmyadmin installed (hardest part) and install osc on it and you got your own testing server with an environment that you wont have to accomodate so much. thats what i'd do... after you download the centos iso and burn it to cd, install the os 1 hour, updates 30 min, config everything+phpmyadmin 2 hours including figuring out how. just hit phpmyadmin website or google for phpmyadmin install on linux centos. thats what i did for my own test box. otherwise you will be perpetually trying to figure out how to do something native on linux but wont run right on your test box on win. 6 hours or less from now you should have your box completed, check the time and holla back.... oh use kde not gnome, kde desktop is best.

Hello,

Update to above post. This is the output I get when I try to load one more item: The Plus123sct shows

in new products for August, but does not show in categories list or anywhere else. I have to manually delete it with a database program?

Thanks JR

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQSWXX8

User filename: EP2007Aug11-1212.txt

Size: 757

| NOV07007 | Novarossi | Novarossi | | 07007.jpg | 40 | 100 | 0.3 | | 8/11/2007 | Warner | Engine Par | 07007.jpg | Vehicle | 07007.jpg | 2.1cc | plus123sct | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| Plus123SCT | Novarossi | Novarossi | | plus123sct | 500 | 100 | 3 | | 8/11/2007 | Warner | Engines | plus123sct | Vehicle | plus123sct | 2.1cc | plus123sct | Taxable Go | Active Updated

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Is there a possibility to duplicate products!?

Cause I have the same model number, different places in my shop, but when I upload it to different subcategories its just "updates" not adding new products.. Any solution?

copy the row (product) to second row, change the category. should put the same product in both categories. Of course, all the other data in that row should be the same.

Hi there,

I've got a problem and I'm not able to find a solution, so I have to ask the profis...

I've installed EP_v2_76d and Master Products.

Download seems to work and I get a file, but this .csv-file does not contain the column "v_products_id". It is just missing.

So the upload is not sucessful, either. The file is uploaded and placed in my /temp/ file, but no products are inserted (I think, they can not be because of the missung v_products_id - column in the .csv

Do you have an idea, where the problem could be? The EP-files are original and there are no further mods except of master products.

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Aeryn

EP_v2_76d does not support master products.

Does anyone know if the catagory images can be uploaded using Easy Populate?

If not, any ideas or contributions that might help, would be appreciated.

Thanks

have you looked at v2.76e?

Hi Surfalot, firstly can I say thanks for a great contribution, I have osCMax V2 and updated the included version to EP 2.76e, as I was having some trouble with the included version, it works great, I can export and import no poroblems, everything is as expected.

The one area I still have a problem with is the support for SPPC, in your release info you said you had fixed a problem with this, but in the config file is states that is untested and may not work, now I can download with the SPPC support switched on no problems, I get the fields and values I expect, but when I upload the product uploads fine, but the Customers_Groups_Price is blank and the following error displays

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 8

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 6.99, 655, )

[TEP STOP]"

Now I am really new to PHP but played with quite a few contribs on my MS2 store before it was moved to osCMax, I think I can see what the problem is, i.e. ( 1, 6.99, 655, ) should actually be ( 1, 6.99, 655 ) the extra comma suggests it is looking for a 4th value that doesn't exist, but I can't identify where this can be fixed, I am hoping you or anyone reading this will have an idea how I can fix the code to make this feature work, I am about to bring a new supplier online who carries in excess of 7000 products and I would really like to do the work through EP, obviously what I think it is could be complete rubbish, and it's not the extra , at all :D

Any help greatfully recieved.

the fix wasn't completed correctly. it will be fixed in v2.76f

find:

// and insert the new record
		if ($v_customer_price_1 != ''){
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
							'.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS.'
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_customer_group_id_1 . ',
							' . $v_customer_price_1 . ',
							' . $v_products_id . ',
							)'
						);
		}
		if ($v_customer_price_2 != ''){
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_customer_group_id_2 . ',
							' . $v_customer_price_2 . ',
							' . $v_products_id . ',
							)'
						);
		}
		if ($v_customer_price_3 != ''){
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_customer_group_id_3 . ',
							' . $v_customer_price_3 . ',
							' . $v_products_id . ',
							)'
						);
		}
		if ($v_customer_price_4 != ''){
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_customer_group_id_4 . ',
							' . $v_customer_price_4 . ',
							' . $v_products_id . ',
							)'
						);
		}

replace with:

$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_products_id . '
							)'
						);
		}
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_products_id . '
							)'
						);
		}
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_products_id . '
							)'
						);
		}
			$result = tep_db_query('
						INSERT INTO
						VALUES
						(
							' . $v_products_id . '
							)'
						);
		}

HELP!!!! I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to get Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 to work. I've done clean OSC 2.2ms2 store installs locally on a windows box, a mac-os box, and 2 linux servers. in each case, registers_globals are OFF (using the patched files contrib) and I very carefully followed the instructions in 1_Installation.txt, read the manual, and spent a long time in easypopulate.php. It appears to be installed properly. When I try "Upload and Import EP File" and point to the supplied "sample_output_file.txt", I click "Insert into db" and get no output messages as far as successful or unsuccessful import. In the admin/categories+products I see no new products. Also, I see no files uploaded into my catalog/temp directory. What in sweet Jesus am I doing wrong here? I've scoured this thread and still can't get this thing to work.

Btw, here's what I see in my admin/easypopulate window:

Settings

Temp Dir:

/virtual/users/e14376-14614/web/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Thanks for any help someone can offer an OSC/easypopulate newbit :)

with Excel safe output: true, you need to use the CSV file type. beyond that, I believe v2.76e is still (still >_< ) not complete rid of the globals off problems. look for v2.76f coming soon.

Hi guys, i've manage to resolve the header error msg, i think its caused by the servers, i migrate my oscommerce to another hosting site and everything worked fine, there is only 1 problem, when i change the status to active, it worked but when i tried to change the status to inactive, after i uploaded the file it shows updated but when i manually check, its still active, btw i used the same case in the setting etc... Inactive

Anyone out there with the same problem???????

status is hosed-up in v2.76e. look for v2.76f coming soon.

Hello all, :)

Question - did that "#1065 Error - Query was Empty error" get sorted out by either Jill or Gonzales?

It was mentioned the last page. I'm having the exact same problem - can't export a file. Can't create a file using the quicklinks etc.

I've broken my poor database and shop a few times trying to figure out the problem but with no luck. (Thank god for database restore though is all I can say! :D )

I've a stock install - I have just installed the SPPC module though. I've not changed anything else though.

//Settings

Temp Dir:

C:/www/sandbox.dev/public_html/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: true

Extra Fields: false

I'm working on a local server - so the site isn't live. I assumed that wouldn't make a difference though.

Any comments would be helpful - I have tried changing the lines Robert mentioned last page.

Thanks in advance :)

Gemma

well, so far, anyone reporting this problem has not follow the guidelines in the how to ask for help section of the docs. so, not much I can do to track down the problem. works fine for me.

personally i wouldnt even consider running it on a windows box. i think you would do better to setup your own box with linux, centos 4.5 is good one & free, install it with everything, set your web service and mysql service to run, set your mysql root password... get phpmyadmin installed (hardest part) and install osc on it and you got your own testing server with an environment that you wont have to accomodate so much. thats what i'd do... after you download the centos iso and burn it to cd, install the os 1 hour, updates 30 min, config everything+phpmyadmin 2 hours including figuring out how. just hit phpmyadmin website or google for phpmyadmin install on linux centos. thats what i did for my own test box. otherwise you will be perpetually trying to figure out how to do something native on linux but wont run right on your test box on win. 6 hours or less from now you should have your box completed, check the time and holla back.... oh use kde not gnome, kde desktop is best.

very good advice. If you try to test osC on windows, you asking for trouble.

OK, I found my problem, partly my fault, created because I was having issues downloading files, so although I am using osCMax I upgraded easypopulate to surfalots latest offering, it's what I had managed to get working on my oscommerce site but never really needed to use it.

Anyway to the solution, the problem is not the extra , at all, the db is expecting 4 fields of data, so I went back to look at the code for the 2.76d and sure enough there are 4 lines of code for each SSPC, so I have pasted below the section how it does need to be, which should be used instead of surfalots previous post, surfalot, this code fixes the problem and just needs replacing in 2.76f, for some reason the line got lost between 2.76d and 2.76e.

Bottom line, it works for me, no errors, I have the contrib I want as I like the table section of 2.76e, it works with osCMax v2.0 and I am now a very happy bunny.

Here's the code for anyone that needs it.

// for the separate prices per customer module

$ll=1;

if (isset($v_customer_price_1)){

if (($v_customer_group_id_1 == '') AND ($v_customer_price_1 != '')) {

echo "<font color=red>ERROR - v_customer_group_id and v_customer_price must occur in pairs</font>";

die();

}

// they spec'd some prices, so clear all existing entries

$result = tep_db_query('

DELETE

FROM

WHERE

products_id = ' . $v_products_id

);

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

' . $v_products_price .'

)'

);

}

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

' . $v_products_price . '

)'

);

}

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

)'

);

}

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

)'

);

}

}

// end: separate prices per customer (SPPC) module

Now if anyone has a fix for the Active/Inactive switch I would love to get that, but for now I'll just remove the products I want inactive from the upload file and add them as they go live.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrisbarbers

OK, I found my problem, partly my fault, created because I was having issues downloading files, so although I am using osCMax I upgraded easypopulate to surfalots latest offering, it's what I had managed to get working on my oscommerce site but never really needed to use it.

Anyway to the solution, the problem is not the extra , at all, the db is expecting 4 fields of data, so I went back to look at the code for the 2.76d and sure enough there are 4 lines of code for each SSPC, so I have pasted below the section how it does need to be, which should be used instead of surfalots previous post, surfalot, this code fixes the problem and just needs replacing in 2.76f, for some reason the line got lost between 2.76d and 2.76e.

Bottom line, it works for me, no errors, I have the contrib I want as I like the table section of 2.76e, it works with osCMax v2.0 and I am now a very happy bunny.

Here's the code for anyone that needs it.

// for the separate prices per customer module

$ll=1;

if (isset($v_customer_price_1)){

if (($v_customer_group_id_1 == '') AND ($v_customer_price_1 != '')) {

echo "<font color=red>ERROR - v_customer_group_id and v_customer_price must occur in pairs</font>";

die();

}

// they spec'd some prices, so clear all existing entries

$result = tep_db_query('

DELETE

FROM

WHERE

products_id = ' . $v_products_id

);

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

' . $v_products_price .'

)'

);

}

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

)'

);

}

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

)'

);

}

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

VALUES

(

' . $v_products_id . ',

)'

);

}

}

// end: separate prices per customer (SPPC) module

Now if anyone has a fix for the Active/Inactive switch I would love to get that, but for now I'll just remove the products I want inactive from the upload file and add them as they go live.

Cheers

Chris

I guess it depends on what version of SPPC you have. The version I was exposed to, yet unknown ver #, only has these fields customers_group_id, customers_group_price, products_id in the table products_groups. Unless someone can prove there is another version that requires another price to follow in a 4th field, I'll stick with the version I know. Should be working correctly in the v2.76f I just posted.

v2.76f released...

Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 (with attributes) surfalot 11 Aug 2007

This is a complete package.

+ Fixed issue with the product status. it wasn't respecting the value of a product already in the db.

+ removed some unneeded defaulted values.

+ Fixed SQL error in revised SPPC contribution support and moved it to tested status.

+ Fixed an issue where Date available could not be NULL

+ Removed more globals use in the importing routine.

+ fixed issue with New Categories not inserting due to wrong language variable.

Hello,

Congrats on a great contribution. I am running Easy Populate v2.76, and have a basic question. I noticed that when you save the excel file as a tab-delimited file, you lose you column organization for rows which have fewer details and attributes. For example, let's say you add an item with only the basic minimum fields filled out, and want to add attributes later. The right-side of the row is brought all the way over to the left. How would you then add attributes?

I am thinking that perhaps you could paste a blank space character into each empty field, so that you can keep your columns when you import/export the file. Will this cause any issues when inserting the file via EP into your database?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Surfalot, I am using an out of the box osCMax v2.0 and I have no idea why the SPPC in that has 4 fields and the others only 3, I took your new release, changed the same section to the 4 data fields again and now eveything including the status is working fine, this is one hell of a contribution, I guess if anyone else wants to use 2.76f with osCMax they can decide whether to use the 4 data fields or not, but I am just greatful that everything I need is working great. thanks for keeping it going.

Hello,

Congrats on a great contribution. I am running Easy Populate v2.76, and have a basic question. I noticed that when you save the excel file as a tab-delimited file, you lose you column organization for rows which have fewer details and attributes. For example, let's say you add an item with only the basic minimum fields filled out, and want to add attributes later. The right-side of the row is brought all the way over to the left. How would you then add attributes?

I am thinking that perhaps you could paste a blank space character into each empty field, so that you can keep your columns when you import/export the file. Will this cause any issues when inserting the file via EP into your database?

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand. are the columns missing or just the spacing is not aligned because there is no attribute data?

Hello,

Sorry to bother again, new version works great, but I did find on error and I might be missing something. When I upload a file with anything retail over $1000.00, it put $1.00 on the site.

Thanks JR

that is most likely because you have formatting on the column in excel that is adding a comma in your 1000s place. like 1,000.

all columns must have general for formatting. eg No formatting.

Hi Surfalot, I am using an out of the box osCMax v2.0 and I have no idea why the SPPC in that has 4 fields and the others only 3, I took your new release, changed the same section to the 4 data fields again and now eveything including the status is working fine, this is one hell of a contribution, I guess if anyone else wants to use 2.76f with osCMax they can decide whether to use the 4 data fields or not, but I am just greatful that everything I need is working great. thanks for keeping it going.

If anyone else is using a SPPC version with more then 3 fields in the products_groups table, please let me know, and what version of SPPC you are using. thanks!

well, so far, anyone reporting this problem has not follow the guidelines in the how to ask for help section of the docs. so, not much I can do to track down the problem. works fine for me.

I searched the forums and read the last..well ok the last 3 pages (instead of 4-5 pages) of the forums. I read the manual (well as much as I could understand anyway), I attempted fixing the problem myself. I posted my settings, I copied the exact error message I got, and all the information I had. And uploading wasn't working so I had no sample data.

So as far as I could see (according to the how to ask for help section) - the only thing I forgot was to post my php version and server type and version. (Knowing my luck its probably the exact thing you needed!)

What other information would you require? (Although that being said - the problem for me was fixed a few posts later thanks to fotski)

PhP Version: 5.2.3

Servertype: Apache 2.2.4 (Er..I am not exactly sure thats what you mean by server type)

I've got my test-box set up with FreeBSD 6.2 - but for my sisters store - she HAD to have Windows ;) Even the brilliance of multiple desktops didn't sway her to KDE.

Even though FreeBSD isn't Linux - i find things a lot less buggy than on this windows piece of s*&t.