• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

sounds like something I should look at the status logic. it should default to active if the v_staus column is not included.

what are you refering to by "the prefix" ? to what?

The prefix on the price of the attributes.

This is the same concern I have (see previous post quoted below)

Can someone who knows the code in this contrib real well please explain how the attributes prices are collected and display with this contrib?

Here's why I ask ...

I'm using the Actual Attributes Price contrib. With it, the options menu diplays the actual price of an option (with no prefix), instead of the price difference (with a + or -). To do this, I just leave the price prefix blank when adding an attribute to an item in the osCommerce web-based admin. Basically, the attribute price replaces the normal price, instead of being added or subtracted from it.

With easy populate, when I add an attribute price to the spread sheet without adding a price prefix, and then I upload it, it shows up with a + in the attribute drop down menu on the product page. Is it added automatically? If so, how can I turn that off and stop the addition and subtraction of the attribute price? When there is no prefix, I want the product price to be replace.

Thanks!

So folks using actual prices contrib enter attributes differently then everyone else. EP will not be able to compensate for that.

you can prevent the import of the addition and subtraction signs

near line 2767 there are 2 places (in 2 lines near here), find

'" . $attribute_values_price_prefix . "'

replace with:

''

(2 single quotes)

So folks using actual prices contrib enter attributes differently then everyone else. EP will not be able to compensate for that.

you can prevent the import of the addition and subtraction signs

near line 2767 there are 2 places (in 2 lines near here), find

'" . $attribute_values_price_prefix . "'

replace with:

''

(2 single quotes)

Thanks ever so much for that it works perfectly!!!!

Have another question. I am not using default weights and I have 'add weights to attributes' so I can not use the weights column in the EP excel.

I decided to experiment and tried adding a column after each of my attributes and named it v_attributes_values_weight_?_? the question marks being the various values of the attribute. This did not work. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Mind you I only inserted the column after each attribute value I was using. Maybe I need to insert the column on all of the attribute values.

The v_attribute_values_name_?_?_? has 3 numbers after it. I supoose I could try that as well.

Any ideas on whether what I want to achieve is possible?

v2.76e Released ! Anyone using v2.76d, and are having trouble, please update and enjoy the more readable docs included.

Most modifications were made because of problems reported in the forum. Thanks to all that helped debug.

I'll bet y'all thought I wasn't keeping track....

+ cleaned up some redundant code.

+ cleaned up the docs for readability.

+ Removed various excess files.

+ fixed a problem where the currency precision was being ignored.

+ Added a currency precision configuration item.

+ Added code to pick the Excel list separator based on the language choice in your web browser.

see post 4939: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...244&st=4920

+ Removed all global use for those with global registration restricted servers.

see post: (almost every post) :)

+ Set default Products Model to 12 since orginal osC database size is 12 chars - thanks HallMarc

+ Set Froogle's URLs to osC standard constants eliminating user configuration - thanks HallMarc

+ Fixed Froogle's outdated code - thanks HallMarc

see post: 4854 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry984338

+ Fixed an issue where Product Descriptions and URLs were being blanked when only the

Product Name was uploaded.

+ Fixed problem with PHP 5 and array_walk() function reported in forum.

See post: 4827 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry982309

(note: function name has changed to avoid confusion)

+ cleared-up an issue with the Date Added being assigned to the Date Available & other date issues.

+ Fixed issue with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP failing to set the Date Added date to a product import.

See post: 5036 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...244&st=5020

(Note: I changed this fix since CURRENT_TIMESTAMP didn't work with all servers)

+ Fixed issue with products status not keeping original value.

See Post: 5315 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1030113

+ Fixed a problem where category insertions where not handled correctly in multi-language shops.

This does not yet offer multi-language category support. :( But will at least setup the

first imported language and other languages so that the admin works correctly.

See post: 5671 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1059786

+ Changed the working (current) language to be the current admin language instead of the

hidden osC default language setting. This should allow those with multiple Category languages

to work with them by changing the current language from the admin main page when importing that

specific language. OK, this and the last fix makes it possible to work with multi-language cats.

But its still not an ideal solution.

See post: 5503 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1042183

+ Fixed a bug where negative product attributes where being imported with a double negative.

See Post 5517: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...244&st=5500

+ fixed a problem with inclusion of the easypopulate functions file. function_exists syntax was wrong.

+ Added support for category images. (v_categories_image_1, v_categories_image_2, etc.)

+ Included pui30576's fix for SPPC (9 Apr 2007)

+ Included OPTIONAL Extra Field Contribution support offered by minhmaster DEVSOFTVN

+ Included support for product deletes thanks to bruyndoncx

see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=235945&hl=

+ Included a contribution by PerlSOL to populate a dropdown list from your temp directory

for easy picking uploaded files for import.

see post: 5908 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1101458

SUPPORT

I will be watching this thread for support. I will be supporting this version only.

Due to time constraints I will help find problems with this version as I uploaded it and I will not be helping integrate other contributions, sorry. I'd be more then happy to integrate code you have developed for other contributions.

Hi surfalot,

Thanks very much for this, I managed to get EP working for the first time on a test store.

I've tried several times before but this is the first time I've been able to download and upload data sucessfully.

Thankyou its really made my week.

PS

I have noticed you didn't keep the nice admin control panel (stored in DB) features that were added by Moosey Jude - I feel this is a shame as it was a much nicer way. Instead you have reverted back to making changes to the easypopulate file.

WARNING to those who have installed Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin - if you do 'upgrade' you will loose these features.

Thanks ever so much for that it works perfectly!!!!

Have another question. I am not using default weights and I have 'add weights to attributes' so I can not use the weights column in the EP excel.

I decided to experiment and tried adding a column after each of my attributes and named it v_attributes_values_weight_?_? the question marks being the various values of the attribute. This did not work. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Mind you I only inserted the column after each attribute value I was using. Maybe I need to insert the column on all of the attribute values.

The v_attribute_values_name_?_?_? has 3 numbers after it. I supoose I could try that as well.

Any ideas on whether what I want to achieve is possible?

for any column you have in the spreadsheet, you need code in EP to process it. just adding a column won't help. unfortunately I can't afford the time to help everyone integrate their contrib-du Jour. At the moment, just trying to get the base code to work for everyone.

Edited by surfalot

Hi surfalot,

Thanks very much for this, I managed to get EP working for the first time on a test store.

I've tried several times before but this is the first time I've been able to download and upload data sucessfully.

Thankyou its really made my week.

PS

I have noticed you didn't keep the nice admin control panel (stored in DB) features that were added by Moosey Jude - I feel this is a shame as it was a much nicer way. Instead you have reverted back to making changes to the easypopulate file.

WARNING to those who have installed Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin - if you do 'upgrade' you will loose these features.

the problem with that is documentation. we only have 255 chars worth of text available to the admin config options. most features needed more docs, which means less posts and confusion. Too many folks will either read the docs or go through the setting, but not both. So I headed them off at the pass.

It also helps with those that manage many sites on the same server. In that case, all we have to do is copy the files from site to site and don't have to deal with setup admin vars.

the problem with that is documentation. we only have 255 chars worth of text available to the admin config options. most features needed more docs, which means less posts and confusion. Too many folks will either read the docs or go through the setting, but not both. So I headed them off at the pass.

It also helps with those that manage many sites on the same server. In that case, all we have to do is copy the files from site to site and don't have to deal with setup admin vars.

I supose from that angle it make v good sense.

I'm now stuck on a few attribute issues.

I understand how the headings work and have managed to upload attributes sucessfully.

However, lets say products have size as an attribute with small, medium and large as options - and I want to add X Large to some of them.

This sounds pretty simple... so I create the CSV (like below) file & upload - all seems successfull - but its not, the size attribute vanishes on those products when viewed.

v_products_model......prod906
v_status......Active
v_attribute_options_id_1......1
v_attribute_options_name_1_1......Size
v_attribute_values_id_1_4......4
v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1......X Large
v_attribute_values_price_1_4......20
EOREOR......EOREOR

Am I asking EP to do the impossible? or have I made a mistake?

Many thanks

for any column you have in the spreadsheet, you need code in EP to process it. just adding a column won't help. unfortunately I can't afford the time to help everyone integrate their contrib-du Jour. At the moment, just trying to get the base code to work for everyone.

No problem, thanks for the help thus far, I may even have a crack at it myself! :D

Would anyone know why my categories are not being created? Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 (with attributes) r1

If I manually create them in the admin, then the products go into the correct categories. At this point, if I make a complete download, the categories show up in the csv. Now if I truncate all the products and categories tables, and reupload the same file, the products will go in but it will not create the categories. If I look at the tables, the categories table has data, but the categories_descriptions is empty and that must be the problem. It does not throw any errors when uploading, and finishes like it went ok. but the categories didn't make it once again.

Ideas? Thanks!

Ok, I tried stripping the INSERT INTO table_categories_descriptions at about line 2300 back to the older pre-language selection code. That helped by at least writing to that table, but it was writing the language_id in as 0 instead of 1. I only use English. When I edited the 0 to a 1 on a product, it would show the category. So I hacked in a line $epdlanguage_id = "1"; to force it to use a 1. It is working now, but it is a kludge.

I installed this and everything but the status works. It kicks everything to Active. I have lots of seasonal products that I do not want to delete.

The downloaded CSV shows them as Inactive, for a test, I uploaded the file without any mods and it turns the status. ALL my products have a model number.

please help

i am builidng my store and using Ulatra pics

now if you look at the images

www.vivastyle.co.uk

it shows in the category listing but not in v__products_image_med

and it is trying to call all other images sizes even though they are not filled in on the EP spreadsheet

any help is gratefully appreciated

I am trying to modify this to suit my store, I have sppc, volume discounts, product tabs, groups and more.. I want to adapt my version to accomodate all the fields i have in my database. So i can easily import/export.

Here's the fields in products table that i need to add:

products_retail_price

products_cost

products_price1

products_price2

products_price3

products_price4

products_price5

products_price6

products_price7

products_price8

products_price1_qty

products_price2_qty

products_price3_qty

products_price4_qty

products_price5_qty

products_price6_qty

products_price7_qty

products_price8_qty

products_qty_blocks

products_spec

products_to_rss

Here's the tables in products_description that i need to add

products_moreinfo

products_extra1

products_manual

products_extraimage

products_musthave

products_spec

and in my products_groups:

customers_group_id

customers_group_price

products_price1

products_price2

products_price3

products_price4

products_price5

products_price6

products_price7

products_price8

products_price1_qty

products_price2_qty

products_price3_qty

products_price4_qty

products_price5_qty

products_price6_qty

products_price7_qty

products_price8_qty

products_qty_blocks

I realize you cant sit down and write it out like i need, but some advise on which section i should edit for each part would be helpful. I have tried all previous versions to get it to support all of my fields and have failed every time. I'm hoping you can help. I need it to be able to do a full export of all fields plus the ones i listed and as well be able to import them. please help.

Hi guys, i just installed Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 (with attributes) r1 and after i've done all the steps i got this error while trying to access the easy populate menu

Error message:

Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php

I'm a newbie at this, please let me know what other info should i post, thanks in advance

EXPORT

It's been a while since I've used osCommerce, but getting back into it, I'm looking to import and export products from two sites. It appears I followed the instructions and am getting an error upon product export.

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

IMPORT

Upon import, using the "sample_output_file.csv" and "sample_output_file.txt" files, exchanging the default data therein to import four test products, no products we imported. I have tested several other options, such as the Excel Import 1.51 (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27305&hl=csv), but the Excel Import 1.51 does not have a working export tool and doesn't have the extensive data manipulation tools this add on does. I've read through many of the pages here but have not been able to figure out what the issues are with my situation. Any advice?

Is there a possibility to duplicate products!?

Cause I have the same model number, different places in my shop, but when I upload it to different subcategories its just "updates" not adding new products.. Any solution?

Hi there,

I've got a problem and I'm not able to find a solution, so I have to ask the profis...

I've installed EP_v2_76d and Master Products.

Download seems to work and I get a file, but this .csv-file does not contain the column "v_products_id". It is just missing.

So the upload is not sucessful, either. The file is uploaded and placed in my /temp/ file, but no products are inserted (I think, they can not be because of the missung v_products_id - column in the .csv

Do you have an idea, where the problem could be? The EP-files are original and there are no further mods except of master products.

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Aeryn

This contribution was worth the wait, thanks so much for making it!

This is my hacked together version that accomodates almost everything for my shop, only thing it doesnt do is export/import my group pricing. i have sppc and groups, in other words i have 4 price levels... retail and 3 wholesale levels each with their own sppc.

I get info for:

v_products_price1

v_products_price2

v_products_price3

v_products_price4

v_products_price5

v_products_price6

v_products_price7

v_products_price8

v_products_price1_qty

v_products_price2_qty

v_products_price3_qty

v_products_price4_qty

v_products_price5_qty

v_products_price6_qty

v_products_price7_qty

v_products_price8_qty

v_products_qty_blocks

all that is only my retail group, i get nothing for any of my other groups.

I need to be able to export/import these fields as well. If anyone has a similar setup and can get this working before i do, i'd appreciate a copy of it dearly.

Here's my working version so far, you'll have to compare it to the contribution to see what all i changed:

its too large, so find it here:

http://pastebin.ca/649214

Edited by Robert972

Does anyone know if the catagory images can be uploaded using Easy Populate?

If not, any ideas or contributions that might help, would be appreciated.

Thanks