• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I wish I had time for that much magic. this may help you.

in my ver 2.76d, find this:

//elari check default language_id from configuration table DEFAULT_LANGUAGE......................

:thumbsup: Surfalot:

Thank you so much. It beats inserting categories manually with less room for human error. Your fix of Apr 13 2007 actually worked! Before, I was unable to make any changes whatsoever in admin / categories - I was inserting 2nd language categories names manually in mysql.

I found this code that includes $l_id (two instances in EP) - dont know how it works:

//multilanguage re-enabled for the categories

foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang){

$l_id = $lang['id'];

// build the categories name section of the array based on the number of categories the user wants to have

for($i=1;$i<$max_categories+1;$i++){

$filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, array('v_categories_name_' . $i . '_' . $l_id => $iii++));

}

}

//end modifications.

By the way, re version v2.76e, other contributions integration, easypopulate-4masterproducts-2-7x.php. There is an extremely important modification from reliablesol that includes products_id – without it, easypopulate-4masterproducts is pretty much useless. A great feature is the ability to order the slaves by product_id on the product_info. I’ll be happy to send you reliablesol’s instructions and my modified easypopulate.php file so that it is included in your version v2.76e.

I will definitely let you know of any progress on the categories_names.

Thank you again. B)

:thumbsup: Surfalot:

Thank you so much. It beats inserting categories manually with less room for human error. Your fix of Apr 13 2007 actually worked! Before, I was unable to make any changes whatsoever in admin / categories - I was inserting 2nd language categories names manually in mysql.

I found this code that includes $l_id (two instances in EP) - dont know how it works:

//multilanguage re-enabled for the categories

foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang){

$l_id = $lang['id'];

// build the categories name section of the array based on the number of categories the user wants to have

for($i=1;$i<$max_categories+1;$i++){

$filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, array('v_categories_name_' . $i . '_' . $l_id => $iii++));

}

}

//end modifications.

By the way, re version v2.76e, other contributions integration, easypopulate-4masterproducts-2-7x.php. There is an extremely important modification from reliablesol that includes products_id – without it, easypopulate-4masterproducts is pretty much useless. A great feature is the ability to order the slaves by product_id on the product_info. I’ll be happy to send you reliablesol’s instructions and my modified easypopulate.php file so that it is included in your version v2.76e.

I will definitely let you know of any progress on the categories_names.

Thank you again. B)

that code would be a small part of what is necessary to complete the multi-language cats. If I'm remembering correctly, it would only setup the file layout for them. Additional code for the actual import/export would be necessary.

help :o /

i put excel.php and the easy populate in to the admin folder... but when i type the ad in the address bar, and i get "forbidden" ...

obviously its somthing im doing wrong... but what?

so you copied easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions.php into the admin folder.

then went to http://www.yoursite.com/admin/easypopulate.php and got a 403 or 406 Forbidden error?

talk to your host about possible permissions problem and a mod_security problem

Edited by surfalot

What is the latest full version of easy populate?

The latest mod says it is a bug fix for v2.78, but I can only find v2.76...

depends on what you need. 2.76d works with a default shop and with minor changes, Separate Pricing Per Customer contrib support. Most version number after that have specific mods for specific contributions added. Sorry, no short list available. If you run into any bugs in 2.76d, many have been posted here.

I am using ultrapics and sts will 2.76d work fine or should I try the one posted that says for ultrapics?

I have few contributions added in my site. Addediotional Image, STS and have same issue as Zekk.

Please advise which version I should use.

regards

zee

I am using ultrapics and sts will 2.76d work fine or should I try the one posted that says for ultrapics?

If you see one for ultrapics, that would be the place to start.

I have few contributions added in my site. Addediotional Image, STS and have same issue as Zekk.

Please advise which version I should use.

regards

zee

To my knowledge, there is no easypopulate version that works with additional images v2.0 that I updated. STS shouldn't be an issue with easypopulate. Look for 2.76e in the future MAY have additional images support.

To my knowledge, there is no easypopulate version that works with additional images v2.0 that I updated. STS shouldn't be an issue with easypopulate. Look for 2.76e in the future MAY have additional images support.

Thanks for your reply.

I installed it succesfully, but got this sort of error

Warning: Unable to create '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt': No such file or directory in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpz24pMf' to '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt' in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpz24pMf

User filename: nuevo.txt

Size: 98039

I hope with by tomorow I wil able to sort this out.

One important question:

Will I be able to Import CSV files using your This contribution. Because at present it seems it is only working text (txt) file.

I need to copy big sizes of CSV files with product details in my website. Will this be helpfull.

Need your advise , Suggestion for this please.

Thanks and regards

zee

Thanks for your reply.

I installed it succesfully, but got this sort of error

Warning: Unable to create '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt': No such file or directory in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpz24pMf' to '/home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/nuevo.txt' in /home/html/mati/html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpz24pMf

User filename: nuevo.txt

Size: 98039

I hope with by tomorow I wil able to sort this out.

One important question:

Will I be able to Import CSV files using your This contribution. Because at present it seems it is only working text (txt) file.

I need to copy big sizes of CSV files with product details in my website. Will this be helpfull.

Need your advise , Suggestion for this please.

Thanks and regards

zee

does /home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/ exist on the site? is it writeable? (chmod 777)

v2.76d does CVS files. have you read the docs and seen the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file?

does /home/html/mati/html/catalog/temp/ exist on the site? is it writeable? (chmod 777)

v2.76d does CVS files. have you read the docs and seen the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file?

Thanks surfaolot.

I am now able to do txt file upload, still not sure about CSV file,

is it possible or straight forward if I upload CSV file in Temp folder and then Upload it through uplodad product option.

I read documentation and easypopulate.php file but dont understand if i require to change any code in order to get CSV files work.

Thanks for your help.

regards

zee

Hi Guys,

EP sean to work, but when i upload and insert my file. It does nothing :(

I had look in the docs and read the troubleshooting instructions.

But nothing to help me.

I have tried version 2.76c/d also version 2.90/b and same thing for all.

I have set temp folder to 777, and change temp variables on easypopulate.php file.

Thanks for your help

Has anyone got this to work with PHP5 with globals off yet

This GLOBALS is the problem from what I can see though i'm only a newbie to php

I have gone through so much many many times and tried everything mentioned but I still can not upload any data

Has anyone got this to work with PHP5 with globals off yet

This GLOBALS is the problem from what I can see though i'm only a newbie to php

I have gone through so much many many times and tried everything mentioned but I still can not upload any data

so you've tried this suggestion for globals?

Post #5775

and you've tried this fix for PHP5?

Post #4827

neither helps?

My suggestion at that point would be to post a link to a sample of your upload, EP vers, server details. all in one post.

Edited by surfalot

Hi Guys,

EP sean to work, but when i upload and insert my file. It does nothing :(

I had look in the docs and read the troubleshooting instructions.

But nothing to help me.

I have tried version 2.76c/d also version 2.90/b and same thing for all.

I have set temp folder to 777, and change temp variables on easypopulate.php file.

Thanks for your help

My suggestion at that point would be to post a link to a sample of your upload, EP vers, server details (PHP vers, PHP globals on/off, MySQL vers), a sample of ANY output you received on upload. all in one post

Thanks surfaolot.

I am now able to do txt file upload, still not sure about CSV file,

is it possible or straight forward if I upload CSV file in Temp folder and then Upload it through uplodad product option.

I read documentation and easypopulate.php file but dont understand if i require to change any code in order to get CSV files work.

Thanks for your help.

regards

zee

see Excel Safe Ouput heading in the /docs/EasyPopulate_Manual.txt

Hi There,

This is my first post and have been doing okay in setting up my first OSC store, thanks to some of the great comments placed on the forum. Thanks to everyone out there. However I have not found a solution to the below issue. I have seen some similar (this topic page 251) looks like my problem but different line numbers. Anyways I managed to download the file okay, I thought I would add one product (as the manual suggests ;) ) so upon saving an attempting to upload I get the following issue.

Much appreciated. BTW, my hats off to those who live in the world of php. you are my heros...

Murray

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jul06-0101.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpdojaij' to '/$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jul06-0101.txt' in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpdojaij

User filename: EP2007Jul06-0101.txt

SIZE_EP16945

Warning: file(/$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jul06-0101.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate.php on line 735

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate.php on line 758

Hi There,

This is my first post and have been doing okay in setting up my first OSC store, thanks to some of the great comments placed on the forum. Thanks to everyone out there. However I have not found a solution to the below issue. I have seen some similar (this topic page 251) looks like my problem but different line numbers. Anyways I managed to download the file okay, I thought I would add one product (as the manual suggests ;) ) so upon saving an attempting to upload I get the following issue.

Much appreciated. BTW, my hats off to those who live in the world of php. you are my heros...

Murray

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jul06-0101.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpdojaij' to '/$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jul06-0101.txt' in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpdojaij

User filename: EP2007Jul06-0101.txt

SIZE_EP16945

Warning: file(/$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jul06-0101.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate.php on line 735

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /$DOCUMENT_ROOT/admin/easypopulate.php on line 758

your admin/includes/configure.php is messed up. restore that back to before this contribution and go from there.

if all else fails, use the following line for the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT definition. search this topic for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT for more help on this.

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

Edited by surfalot

I'm having a problem with Easy Populate 2.67d

I have products in my store with Manufacture names such as "Gillian's Foods" when I try to upload my file I ge this error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Authentic Foods''' at line 4

SELECT man.manufacturers_id FROM manufacturers as man WHERE man.manufacturers_name = 'Authentic Foods''

[TEP STOP]

This is caused by the ' in "Gillian's" if I take out the ' then it works fine. Is there any workaround available so that I can use the ' ?

Thanks.

Travis

I'm having a problem with Easy Populate 2.67d

I have products in my store with Manufacture names such as "Gillian's Foods" when I try to upload my file I ge this error.

This is caused by the ' in "Gillian's" if I take out the ' then it works fine. Is there any workaround available so that I can use the ' ?

Thanks.

Travis

this setting uses CSV file types. This is an export option in excel. should support all special characters in your data.

this setting uses CSV file types. This is an export option in excel. should support all special characters in your data.

Hi Surfalot,

Thanks for your replies helping us alot.

as in your last repl,y for me , I manage to import csv files,

Can i delete Coloumns I dont want from my csv file, like attributes , description 2 , name 2 etc.

Because I am only using one language on website.

Also still have some difficulties in uploading csv in database it is giving error same as in last post

I gave all permissions to temp folder.

Thanks

zee

Hi Surfalot,

Thanks for your replies helping us alot.

as in your last repl,y for me , I manage to import csv files,

Can i delete Coloumns I dont want from my csv file, like attributes , description 2 , name 2 etc.

Because I am only using one language on website.

Also still have some difficulties in uploading csv in database it is giving error same as in last post

I gave all permissions to temp folder.

Thanks

zee

If you use the product name or description or URL, you must use them all. If you don't need to update any, you can remove them all. Always backup before importing !!

the only mandatory columns are the product model number and a column you wish to update.

see post 5895 above about your warning.

Edited by surfalot

so you've tried this suggestion for globals?

Post #5775

and you've tried this fix for PHP5?

Post #4827

neither helps?

My suggestion at that point would be to post a link to a sample of your upload, EP vers, server details. all in one post.

Hi Surfalot thanks for the reply please see below

Windows 2k (SAMBAR)

oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

PHP Version 5.2.3

MySQL 5.0.27

$curver = '2.76d-MS2';

I have tried the two links you highlight and had applied these changes (and read ALL these pages) but to no avail,

It has been a buggy bumpy ride but one keeps going! ...i've modified the rest of the shop with the register globals patches ok and all is settled and running fine so far, just this fact I can't upload... I can download no problem and followed it going through the GET (IF's)

but I cant suss out where it's bailing out... I dont get an error as such just page cannot be displayed, I even tried moving the $split to POST as a hidden form element LOL (digging deep!)

I think it's a FILES upload problem but i'm new to php and just stabbing in the dark now!

any idea's??? (sit's down scratching one's head)