• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I need help. I have no clue what the following error means.

I can download the EP files without problems.

I keep one line of the download EP file, add another line of new product, there is EORDER at the end of the line. temp file is set up under catalog with 777 permission. So what shall I do for now?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2007Jun08-1705.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpWgndAz' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2007Jun08-1705.txt' in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpWgndAz

User filename: EP2007Jun08-1705.txt

Size: 4723

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2007Jun08-1705.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

I keep one line of the download EP file, add another line of new product, there is EORDER at the end of the line. temp file is set up under catalog with 777 permission. So what shall I do for now?

be sure your type EOREOR and not EORDER like you mentioned and that you have installed the easy populate FUNCTIONS file (there are 2 files to install - besides the language file)

Edited by pixclinic

Hi Can any one help me please on

Its I think a very basic question

how can I resolve the problem..

My EP version I tried was..

I was using version

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.78-MS2';

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.74 2004/05/03 VJ Exp $

*/

The hosting companies reply was...

'The problem is that easypopulate.php sends raw sql commands via http post commands. We block these on the server as they are usually only used by hackers to try to insert data into mysql databases. No web application should ever allow raw sql commands to be sent.

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

to the .htaccess file it is trying to turn off the checks we do on the http post commands.'

Regards

Matt

be sure your type EOREOR and not EORDER like you mentioned and that you have installed the easy populate FUNCTIONS file (there are 2 files to install - besides the language file)

Thank you for your help. Yeah, I did put EOREOR in the upload file.

I downloaded the Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) by surfalot. There are only these two files under catalog/admin. Did I miss the "language file" you mentioned?

easypopulate.php

easypopulate_functions.php

I also tried this link. The link says

"1. Many people had problems with the temp directory which often on a shared server got assiged wrong - this was my first issue which I solved with adding $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] before each $tempdir.

this will give the correct root path on a shared server i.e. /usr/local/apache/www/catalog/temp/"

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...l=easy+populate

I am not good at php, I just replace 14 $tempdir and then get error message saying:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 22

I guess what I did was wrong, so I changed it back.

I am try to download filenames from excell csv and past to DB (products_attributes_download).

My excell file like this:

v_products_model v_filename v_products_image v_products_largeimage v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1

I insert one column: v_filename

Add code to easypopulate.php file

Line: 265

#'MY CODE!!!',

'v_filename',
'v_products_attributes_id'

#'MY CODE!!!',

Line: 534

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE

if (isset($filelayout['v_filename'])){
		if ($row['v_products_attributes_id'] != ''){
			$sql2 = "SELECT products_attributes_filename
				FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD."
				WHERE
				products_attributes_id = " . $row['v_products_attributes_id']
		;
			$result2 = tep_db_query($sql2);
			$row2 =  tep_db_fetch_array($result2);
			$row['v_filename'] = $row2['products_attributes_filename'];
		}
	}

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE

Line: 1049

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE 

$cells[0][] = array('text' => '<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="smallText">' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('epcust_filename', 'show', (!empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['epcust_filename'])?true:false)) . '</td><td class="smallText"> filename' . '</td></tr></table>');

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE

Line: 1339

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$header_array['v_filename'] = $iii++;
	$filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, $header_array);

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Line: 1497

//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE
	if (!empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['epcust_filename'])) {
	  $filelayout  = array_merge($filelayout , array( 'v_filename' => $iii++ ));
	}
//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CODE

Line: 1597

# !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY CODE

'v_filename'		=> $iii++,

# !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY CODE

To insert into DB (products_attributes_download) I need to do this:

INSERT INTO `products_attributes_download` ( `products_attributes_id` , `products_attributes_filename` , `products_attributes_maxdays` , `products_attributes_maxcount` ) 
VALUES ('41380', 'unreal.zip', '2', '3');

How can I insert to my DB this column with filename?

Thank you for the help...

Did you find the answer to your problem? I too am trying to add Products_attributes_filemane field to easypopulate with no luck.

hi Surfalot, thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying, for now.. I will test out will lower amount of inventory

Another question, I have is in regards to inventory management

It is my understanding that EP only "imports" (adds) , but Im assuming it doesnt remove or change the database on the fly. I cant just download the .csv and remove products, and upload to process the change right?

In other words, the only way I can do this on a monthly basis, would be to complete erase all values in the catalog (db), and upload using EP each time to ensure that all products are updated at that time . Thats my thinking, to kind of start "fresh" on each upload.

Hope I didnt confuse you ..

thanks again for your help

EP will export and import the catalog, insert and update products based on an unique Product Model number. No delete is available in v2.76d. I think remember someone has posted a patch to do deletes, but you need to do some searching for it.

I too have a large inventory (over a thousand items) that can change from month to month (mostly availablity). So far what I have tried doing is editing my distributors data file that I receive every few weeks with Microsoft Excel 2003, I then import it through phpMyAdmin. The editing process is still very time consuming as I have to add such things as an item description, weight, etc...

I was also looking at something like connecting Excel to MySQL via ODBC.

Connecting Office Applications to MySQL and PostgreSQL via ODBC

Step-by-step Guide to Connecting to a MySQL Database through Connector/ODBC

Using Connector/ODBC with Microsoft Word or Excel

Using Connector/ODBC with Microsoft Access

MySQL Migration Toolkit

MySQL Connector/ODBC

But it looks like that might be a lot of work to setup and implement.

I am considering doing away with the individual item description pages and possibly the click for larger image.

Would EP be easier to implement and maintain my database tables?

Any help or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I am considering doing away with the individual item description pages and possibly the click for larger image.

Incidentally, if you have 50 quid spare, you could do worse than magneticone's OSCommerce Store MAnager.

I tried excelimport, and had some issues with my products. Knowing that Easypopulate was based on it, and an easypopulate user had had the same probleme, I decided to buy this software. I exported everything to a CSV, deleted it all and then re-added it, fixing my language problem.

But it allows you to copy, paste, export to excel, import from CSV (just like easypopulate), and you can download a demo from their site to try it out as well. If EasyPopulate is missing some features you may find them in this software. Think of it as PHPMyAdmin with EasyPopulate integrated into it, and a large proportion of the OsCommerce admin interface integrated as well.

No i dont work for magneticone, I am just pleased it could fix my problems (And another i have had since as well.)!!

:)

php 4.4.7

globals on

mysql client api version 5

Linux server

I had EP version 2.6 installed and then I replaced the easypopulate.php file with the v2.4 instead. Could that be part of the problem? I would be so happy for some insight to this. :-"

May be an issue with MySQL 5. search for that solution in this topic.

Hi,

This is my first time at both subs and also with easypopulate.

please forgive me if I am asking something that is quite simple...

the company hosting my site has blocked 'raw sql commands via http post commands'

Question which version of easy populate should I use ?

My EP version I tried was..

I was using version

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.78-MS2';

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.74 2004/05/03 VJ Exp $

*/

The hosting companies reply was...

'The problem is that easypopulate.php sends raw sql commands via http post commands. We block these on the server as they are usually only used by hackers to try to insert data into mysql databases. No web application should ever allow raw sql commands to be sent.

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

to the .htaccess file it is trying to turn off the checks we do on the http post commands.'

---------------------------------------------------

Regards

Matt

I think they are wrong. EP does not send SQL anywhere. All it does it upload data files and locally process them.

Our dilemna is, we understand that OSC can do "copy to" link function (which allows to put one product under multiple categories, but how can we utilized Easy Populate to upload the products while maintaining this?

if you want to "copy by link" using EP, just duplicate a product line in your upload, then change the category name. the result will be the same product (same product ID) in 2 cats.

Hi,

Which easy populate runs with mod_sec active ?

Regards

Matt

all of them do. mod_sec runs based on rules sets. if your host has a restrictive set, none may work. I run EP on my servers with mod_security and have no trouble. Your host can make an exception for the easypopulate.php file specifically for your convenience if their rule set is buggering you. If they refuse to, move to a host that will accommodate osC and all it's glory. Make sure they understand that your EP file is secured by an admin login as it should be.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2007Jun08-1705.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpWgndAz' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2007Jun08-1705.txt' in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpWgndAz

User filename: EP2007Jun08-1705.txt

Size: 4723

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2007Jun08-1705.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

your DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is configured incorrectly in your /admin/includes/configure.php. search this topic for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT for more help with that.

no it doesn't. I think I just replied to this. But check my last post about mod_security for more info.

Thank you for your help. Yeah, I did put EOREOR in the upload file.

I downloaded the Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) by surfalot. There are only these two files under catalog/admin. Did I miss the "language file" you mentioned?

easypopulate.php

easypopulate_functions.php

I also tried this link. The link says

"1. Many people had problems with the temp directory which often on a shared server got assiged wrong - this was my first issue which I solved with adding $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] before each $tempdir.

this will give the correct root path on a shared server i.e. /usr/local/apache/www/catalog/temp/"

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...l=easy+populate

I am not good at php, I just replace 14 $tempdir and then get error message saying:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/onead3/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 22

I guess what I did was wrong, so I changed it back.

see my reply to your first question. (above)

I too have a large inventory (over a thousand items) that can change from month to month (mostly availablity). So far what I have tried doing is editing my distributors data file that I receive every few weeks with Microsoft Excel 2003, I then import it through phpMyAdmin. The editing process is still very time consuming as I have to add such things as an item description, weight, etc...

MySQL Migration Toolkit

MySQL Connector/ODBC

This contrib may be a little work also. But I think much less then going the "connector" route. once you catalog is setup, and all you need to do is update prices and quantities, getting EP working for you is your best route. It can be customized to do just about anything.

MySQL Migration Toolkit

MySQL Connector/ODBC

I am new to osCommerce and not an expert or a developer but a PHP developer has told me that there is a flaw with EP. Do not use this to update large amounts of data (I need to update thousands). Each time you update the same product model no's, a new Product ID is generated for that model no. (in fact for all the data in the system) so if someone has bookmarked a particular product page then it will be messed up when you do an update. This developer is looking at MySql Maestro and Navicat as options instead of easypopulate. I suggest this unless you have a version of EP that has the Product ID built into it (this is in addition to the product model no. field). EP was designed for an initial upload of all the data once with updates being done via Admin.

I am new to osCommerce and not an expert or a developer but a PHP developer has told me that there is a flaw with EP. Do not use this to update large amounts of data (I need to update thousands). Each time you update the same product model no's, a new Product ID is generated for that model no. (in fact for all the data in the system) so if someone has bookmarked a particular product page then it will be messed up when you do an update. This developer is looking at MySql Maestro and Navicat as options instead of easypopulate. I suggest this unless you have a version of EP that has the Product ID built into it (this is in addition to the product model no. field). EP was designed for an initial upload of all the data once with updates being done via Admin.

That is not true. your developer doesn't understand EP.

no it doesn't. I think I just replied to this. But check my last post about mod_security for more info.

Thats geat many thanks I have passed this over to the hosting agent we use, what is the latest version

of EP there are so many bits and bobs.

Regards

Matt

I think they are wrong. EP does not send SQL anywhere. All it does it upload data files and locally process them.

Thank you for the reply, I will pass this onto the hosting company I use, Question what is the latest stable basic version is it 2.x or 3.x ?

Regards

Matt

Thank you for the reply, I will pass this onto the hosting company I use, Question what is the latest stable basic version is it 2.x or 3.x ?

Regards

Matt

if you are talking about an EP version. And you have a basic-to-lightly-modified shop, start with the v2.76d (29 Nov 2006) I uploaded.

That is not true. your developer doesn't understand EP.

Hi Surfalot

Is there any way that I can put my developer in contact with you? I need to find a system for uploading and updating large numbers of products and we want the product ID to remain the same for each product every time we upload. Maybe the version I am using is set up incorrectly.

Thanks

e-new

This contrib may be a little work also. But I think much less then going the "connector" route. once you catalog is setup, and all you need to do is update prices and quantities, getting EP working for you is your best route. It can be customized to do just about anything.

Thank you Todd! ;)

I will add it to my modifications list and give it a try. :thumbsup:

Thank you again for the reply and advise.

Jim

Incidentally, if you have 50 quid spare, you could do worse than magneticone's OSCommerce Store MAnager.

I tried excelimport, and had some issues with my products. Knowing that Easypopulate was based on it, and an easypopulate user had had the same probleme, I decided to buy this software. I exported everything to a CSV, deleted it all and then re-added it, fixing my language problem.

But it allows you to copy, paste, export to excel, import from CSV (just like easypopulate), and you can download a demo from their site to try it out as well. If EasyPopulate is missing some features you may find them in this software. Think of it as PHPMyAdmin with EasyPopulate integrated into it, and a large proportion of the OsCommerce admin interface integrated as well.

No i dont work for magneticone, I am just pleased it could fix my problems (And another i have had since as well.)!!

:)

Thank you Jon.

I bookmarked the site and will read up on it when I get a chance. :thumbsup:

Thanks again,

Jim

Thank you Nicole.

Very interesting information, I did not realize. :huh:

Thanks again,

Jim

hey guys i have Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 installed but never really used it.... now i will be adding alot more products so need a working version of EP. i also have QTP installed so can any one please tell me what version i should install?

thankyou