• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

document rot is where your whole site is, ie /home/swoop/public_html/ or $document_root (you can see this by going into the store admin, tools, server info and then search for document_root

Ok thanks for the info Mibble, I am am attaching the configure.php and see if you can see what is incorrect. And thanks for the help by the way, greatly appreciated.

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.swoopnswap.com'); // eg, [url="http://localhost"]http://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, [url="https://localhost"]https://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.swoopnswap.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/swoop/public_html/store/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

And yes if you go to the site, its NOT READY!!! LOL

ok After doing some searching and reading, I found my answer, and if anyone else has the problem I had, what I did was I went to the easypopulate.php and changed this

$tempdir = "/temp/";

when it used to say

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

ok After doing some searching and reading, I found my answer, and if anyone else has the problem I had, what I did was I went to the easypopulate.php and changed this

$tempdir = "/temp/";

when it used to say

Filename: EP_SPLIT1

Warning: file(/home/swoop/public_html//temp/EP_SPLIT1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/swoop/public_html/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 685

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/swoop/public_html/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

Now I get this message, so almost there, but lost on this one.

$tempdir = "/temp/";

when it used to say

Filename: EP_SPLIT1

Warning: file(/home/swoop/public_html//temp/EP_SPLIT1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/swoop/public_html/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 685

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/swoop/public_html/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

Now I get this message, so almost there, but lost on this one.

Scratch all needed help, got it working, now just did a test and says there is one product there, but did not see anything there but I believe I saw that answered in this post somewhere do going to do some reading.

Ok still stumped, I am getting this error now

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/php7lngrF
User filename: EP2007Apr25-1111.txt
Size: 433
| 123 | | | Cake - 8' | | 29.57 | 24 each 12 | | | 50 | | * * * * BA | | | | active !New Product!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported 

I searched the forums with little luck to get this soved.......any suggestions??? almost there!!

File uploaded. 
| 123 | | | Cake - 8' | | 29.57 | 24 each 12 | | | 50 | | * * * * BA | | | | active !New Product!

I searched the forums with little luck to get this soved.......any suggestions??? almost there!!

forgot to add that I have 2.76c installed

File uploaded. 

You need to specify a model # in the field labeled "v_products_model

" I do not believe products can be added without a model number.

I hope this helps

Hi,

I've just installed an OS commerce store for the first time and Easy Populate.

I;ve followed the 1readme first instructions very carefully..... but

On the admin tool when I click on easy populate I get this screen,

1054 - Unknown column 'easy_populate' in 'field list'

select products_options_id, products_options_name, easy_populate from products_options order by products_options_name

[TEP STOP]

I've read the forums convinced it's a stupid error - but i'm still stumped

Any help?

Thanks

Tim :'(

Hi,

When I click on “insert into dB”, I obtain the following answer:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpByYNA5

User filename: la_bresse.csv

Size: 19173

When I download a file and upload, without transformation, all functions. When I download, load my data with Excel, and upload. Ca does not function any more.

I have the file in the temp, nothing in the products, nothing in the database. And I have the written column v_products_model well.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_4 v_products_description_4

0_0764M06 0_0764M06.JPG 0_0764M06 1 nicolas

4_0722M06 4_0722M06.JPG.JPG 4_0722M06 4

I have ms2 + easypopulate 2.76d

thanks

Well I get the line that says no product_model to disappear (changed the excel saved file to a CSV) and it says added and even when I am in the admin I can see the new products but when I click the category, there is nothing there. What am I missing??

Well I get the line that says no product_model to disappear (changed the excel saved file to a CSV) and it says added and even when I am in the admin I can see the new products but when I click the category, there is nothing there. What am I missing??

Lol well maybe I should post here more often, when I do I figure it out lol. Finally got it to add with two test products, but there is a problem now, when I did 30, this is what it wrote to me and I do not have a clue to what this means.

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpzYZnVz
User filename: test.txt
Size: 4619
| BA01-00531 | | Baked Misc | Cake - 8' | | 29.57 | 24 each 12 | | 4/25/2007 | 0 | | Baked Misc | | | --none-- | Active Updated
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Round Chocolate Layer - Maplehurst Bakery', '' )' at line 11

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '48', 1, 'Baked Misc.', 'Cake - 8' Round Chocolate Layer - Maplehurst Bakery', '' )

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

I've just installed an OS commerce store for the first time and Easy Populate.

I;ve followed the 1readme first instructions very carefully..... but

On the admin tool when I click on easy populate I get this screen,

1054 - Unknown column 'easy_populate' in 'field list'

select products_options_id, products_options_name, easy_populate from products_options order by products_options_name

[TEP STOP]

I've read the forums convinced it's a stupid error - but i'm still stumped

Any help?

Thanks

Tim :'(

you need to provide some details for help, such as; EP version, php version, php globals (on/off), MySQL version, web server, linux/win, etc. Otherwise its just a guess to know what you are doing.

Hi,

When I click on “insert into dB”, I obtain the following answer:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpByYNA5

User filename: la_bresse.csv

Size: 19173

When I download a file and upload, without transformation, all functions. When I download, load my data with Excel, and upload. Ca does not function any more.

I have the file in the temp, nothing in the products, nothing in the database. And I have the written column v_products_model well.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_4 v_products_description_4

0_0764M06 0_0764M06.JPG 0_0764M06 1 nicolas

4_0722M06 4_0722M06.JPG.JPG 4_0722M06 4

I have ms2 + easypopulate 2.76d

thanks

looks like you have a mismatch in your file types your download is tab diliniated and you are uploading a CVS type file. The format that is downloading has to be the format that is uploaded.

see post 5698, does any of that help you?

Lol well maybe I should post here more often, when I do I figure it out lol. Finally got it to add with two test products, but there is a problem now, when I did 30, this is what it wrote to me and I do not have a clue to what this means.

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpzYZnVz
User filename: test.txt
Size: 4619
| BA01-00531 | | Baked Misc | Cake - 8' | | 29.57 | 24 each 12 | | 4/25/2007 | 0 | | Baked Misc | | | --none-- | Active Updated
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Round Chocolate Layer - Maplehurst Bakery', '' )' at line 11

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '48', 1, 'Baked Misc.', 'Cake - 8' Round Chocolate Layer - Maplehurst Bakery', '' )

[TEP STOP]

you have single quotes in your data. see post 5698, does any of that help you?

Hi :) I just installed Easy Populate 2.76. I made the changes to the temp directory (/temp/ instead of /catalog/temp). When I go to download the Complete txt file, I get the following errors: Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks :) Joelle

$

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 630

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 631

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 637

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 639

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_4 v_attribute_values_id_1_5 v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_5 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_2 v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_2 v_attribute_options_id_4 v_attribute_options_name_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_1 v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_2 v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_2 v_attribute_values_id_4_3 v_attribute_values_name_4_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_3 v_attribute_values_id_4_4 v_attribute_values_name_4_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_4 v_attribute_values_id_4_5 v_attribute_values_name_4_5_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_5 v_attribute_options_id_5 v_attribute_options_name_5_1 v_attribute_values_id_5_1 v_attribute_values_name_5_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_5_1 v_attribute_values_id_5_2 v_attribute_values_name_5_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_5_2 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR BSL55012D SL-dwg.gif Small Light Blowpipe, 0.5" Head 0.5" Small Light Blowpipe - These pipes are especially useful for ornaments and other small work. The have 309 stainless steel heads and a 1/2" diameter shaft of 304 stainless steel with an 1/8" thick wall. This pipe comes standard with a delrin mouthpiece, grip, and stop collar. 78 0.00 2007-04-27 11:59:28 0 1 Grip Color 14 Blue 15 Black 16 Red 17 Green 18 Purple 2 Mouthpiece 19 Delriin 20 Stainless Steel 3 Cone Size 21 2" 22 3" 4 THE Size 23 0.5 (for SmallLight BP with Stainless MP only) 24 .625 (for ExtraLight BP) 25 0.75 26 0.875 (for ExtraLarge Head BP with 0.875" OD Shaft) 27 1" (for ExtraLarge Head BP with 1" OD Shaft) 5 Jack Blade 28 Teardrop 29 Round Blowpipes Small Light --none-- Active EOREOR

Hi :) I just installed Easy Populate 2.76. I made the changes to the temp directory (/temp/ instead of /catalog/temp). When I go to download the Complete txt file, I get the following errors: Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks :) Joelle

$

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 630

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 631

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 637

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /web/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 639

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_4 v_attribute_values_id_1_5 v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_5 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_2 v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_2 v_attribute_options_id_4 v_attribute_options_name_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_1 v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_2 v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_2 v_attribute_values_id_4_3 v_attribute_values_name_4_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_3 v_attribute_values_id_4_4 v_attribute_values_name_4_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_4 v_attribute_values_id_4_5 v_attribute_values_name_4_5_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_5 v_attribute_options_id_5 v_attribute_options_name_5_1 v_attribute_values_id_5_1 v_attribute_values_name_5_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_5_1 v_attribute_values_id_5_2 v_attribute_values_name_5_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_5_2 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR BSL55012D SL-dwg.gif Small Light Blowpipe, 0.5" Head 0.5" Small Light Blowpipe - These pipes are especially useful for ornaments and other small work. The have 309 stainless steel heads and a 1/2" diameter shaft of 304 stainless steel with an 1/8" thick wall. This pipe comes standard with a delrin mouthpiece, grip, and stop collar. 78 0.00 2007-04-27 11:59:28 0 1 Grip Color 14 Blue 15 Black 16 Red 17 Green 18 Purple 2 Mouthpiece 19 Delriin 20 Stainless Steel 3 Cone Size 21 2" 22 3" 4 THE Size 23 0.5 (for SmallLight BP with Stainless MP only) 24 .625 (for ExtraLight BP) 25 0.75 26 0.875 (for ExtraLarge Head BP with 0.875" OD Shaft) 27 1" (for ExtraLarge Head BP with 1" OD Shaft) 5 Jack Blade 28 Teardrop 29 Round Blowpipes Small Light --none-- Active EOREOR

looks to me like you may have some spaces before the start of your easypopulate.php file. the file must start with a begin PHP tag like:

<?php

and you may not have an end/new-start tags until after the export code starts. Maybe you added some spaces in the wrong place when you edited your temp directory setting.

Please I need help with this version "Easy Populate 2.8-MS2" I am trying to populate my SPECIALS. I was able to import all my 4k records with no problems, when I try populate also 4k SPECIAL prices it only imports 20 or 30% of them, no error message is displayed but I dont understand why it is not populating all of them.

Does anyone knows something about this?

Best regards,

JC

Im running into an issue, can somebody please help me out. I got everything to work/upload just fine..But my supplier supplied me with a datafeed and the product image is a url. The pictures are not showing up. How do i resolve this?

looks to me like you may have some spaces before the start of your easypopulate.php file. the file must start with a begin PHP tag like:
<?php

and you may not have an end/new-start tags until after the export code starts. Maybe you added some spaces in the wrong place when you edited your temp directory setting.

Thank you so much, Todd! There was a "$" at the very beginning of the easypopulate.php file that was causing the error. I really appreciate your help! :)

Joelle

Im running into an issue, can somebody please help me out. I got everything to work/upload just fine..But my supplier supplied me with a datafeed and the product image is a url. The pictures are not showing up. How do i resolve this?

that is going to require a change in the osC shop code, and in quite a number of places. Product image names are always considered relative urls to the main domain of your shop. You will most likely need to increase the database field size for the product images to accompany the other changes. Its not a EP thing.