• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi, whenever I want to import a file to DB in easypopulate I encountre this problem.

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpybdAzn' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt' in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpybdAzn

User filename: EP2007Mar10-1402.txt

Size: 406

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Hi, whenever I want to import a file to DB in easypopulate I encountre this problem.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar10-1402.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

your definition for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in you configure.php file is not correct. Search for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in the topic search box on the lower left for help with this.

Edited by surfalot

I am just now starting to use easy populate, and maybe i did something wrong when i installed it, but the contribution works the problem is when I upload a bulk file of items, and say i forgot to put the right image path in my excel file, so i go to my osc admin panel and try to update that one item with the correct image path, I click preview and nothing happens i cannot update any items using the Osc admin if there uploaded using EP. Is it supposed to work like this?

Also say i make the correction in the EP file and re-upload it, instead of it overwriting the old data it creates duplicates of everything, I am guessing this has something to do with the temp directory.

Am i supposed to upload to the temp directory then install the items or something so they are permant?

I am just now starting to use easy populate, and maybe i did something wrong when i installed it, but the contribution works the problem is when I upload a bulk file of items, and say i forgot to put the right image path in my excel file, so i go to my osc admin panel and try to update that one item with the correct image path, I click preview and nothing happens i cannot update any items using the Osc admin if there uploaded using EP. Is it supposed to work like this?

Also say i make the correction in the EP file and re-upload it, instead of it overwriting the old data it creates duplicates of everything, I am guessing this has something to do with the temp directory.

Am i supposed to upload to the temp directory then install the items or something so they are permant?

if its creating duplicate, you missed the instruction to make sure all your products have a unique model number specified in the first column. You should be able to edit any product uploaded with EP.

Edited by surfalot

I did change my FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in my admin/configure.php

From : define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/public_html/');

To: define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

But now i received this error : It is longer than the first one, and why there are temp and tmp ??!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar11-1301.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpnRZQqD' to '/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar11-1301.txt' in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpnRZQqD

User filename: EP2007Mar11-1301.txt

Size: 398

Warning: file(/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar11-1301.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Edited by Alexandero

wow 137 pages of support... must be quite popular.. or a bit harder tp work/install than the common contribution.

i installed EP 2.79b-ms2final (by dABserver) i didnt use it untill now, it downloaded fine for me, but when i am trying to insert it in to the DB nothing seems to happen. if i a mdoing it through the "Import catalog's file:" i only get this at the end of it:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpRakMZs

User filename: ep2.txt

Size: 264620

nothing is changed in the database.

if i am first uploading it in to temp and then inserting it i get this message

User filename: ep2.txt

i have 2 questions - first(obviously) can you guys tell me what am i doing wrong ?

second, am i using the best version of easy populate with attributes? there is so much clutter and confusion on the contribution page that its hard to figure out which is best to use...

thanks in advance

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

forgot to add and cant edit

php - version 4.3.11

MySQL- 4.1.20

register globals ON

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

I have posted a question above asking for help, but noone seems able to give an answer even if it is a popular contribution. Hope a kind memebre will help.

please don't bump your post (forum rules). If & when someone has an answer, they will respond.

I did change my FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in my admin/configure.php

From : define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user/public_html/');

To: define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

But now i received this error : It is longer than the first one, and why there are temp and tmp ??!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar11-1301.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpnRZQqD' to '/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar11-1301.txt' in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpnRZQqD

User filename: EP2007Mar11-1301.txt

Size: 398

Warning: file(/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar11-1301.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

what is a better question is why the path is doubled?

/home/user/public_html/home/user/public_html/temp/

If your temp folder is in the root of your site (/home/user/public_html/temp/) make sure you have set the permissions correctly and your temp folder location defined in the easypopulate.php file should be set to:

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/temp/'

forgot to add and cant edit

php - version 4.3.11

MySQL- 4.1.20

register globals ON

Good Man! Like to see that forethought.

You have to use whatever version has the contributions you have integrated.

At the moment, any of them should be fine with that server setup.

since your file is 200K+ I'm guessing your upload runs a while. Try adding just 10 products. does it work then?

if so, you'll have to upload in sections, or use the file splitter function of EP.

PHP has a time limit set by your host. You may be able to override that limit with one of the commented setting in the beggining of your easy populate file.

if its creating duplicate, you missed the instruction to make sure all your products have a unique model number specified in the first column. You should be able to edit any product uploaded with EP.

I am using unique model numbers but for some reason it won't overight it just creates two of the same product.

I also dont know why i cant edit anything in the admin panel if I am using EP, anthing that I add manually in the admin panel works like normal, just the EP uploaded items wont edit.

I think I figured out why I couldnt edit items, for some reason i had my define_admin http server as https:// instead of http, so everthing was running on secure mode, i corrected this in my configuration and its working to edit products now.

Also I may have figured out why my items duplicated, I never set up the products_model table to use more then 12 char, so when I would upload my products with long model numbers where being cut in half, so when I re-upload the full model number would seem different. So i corrected my products_model table to support 24 chars and changed EP accordingly we will see if this works.

You have to use whatever version has the contributions you have integrated.

At the moment, any of them should be fine with that server setup.

i dont understand what that mean. do you mean that some EP will run with some contributions, and some with other? the situation seems to get more complex all the time.

it seems that you offer the most suport on these forums so i think i will uninstall the last EP and install yours instead, this way if there are any more problems at least i can read through your previous answers and maybe find a solution or maybe even get some more of your help.

I edited the prices, and uploaded successfully, but nothing changed.

In fact i can see the products in admin catalogue contents doubled. The new ones have the new price.

read through this page, the issue is being discussed and possible solutions provided.

surfalot,

great - easy uninstalling the previous version of easypopulate and installing the latest one from here, allmost all seem to work fine right out of the box. i got a few products wrecked and some fonts changed, but i have yet to tested your safe excel format, hopefully that will sort this.

i have a couple of questions though:

- i have a shop with a lot of attributes - and to download the lot will be over 256 columns, is there a way to get over the excel limitation ?

-the update to your contribution adds an admin panel to adjust all the settings, is it an approved version ? do you you know if it has transfered the settings in a way that wont cuz any conflicts?

-is there away to delete products through excel? i noticed in the file comments it said not functional yet, are there any plans on getting it functional any time soon ?

-also in the file i saw options to download the header tag controller fields but in the front end of it , i cant find any option to enable it - is it supported?

sorry if these are 'obvious' questions, i am not a coder and dont know what that coed means(other then the commented parts ;) )

- i have a shop with a lot of attributes - and to download the lot will be over 256 columns, is there a way to get over the excel limitation ?

no that I know of. attribute are back-seat to simply ironing the base code problems out. but I have been giving some thought to doing it in a way that doesn't cause that column expansion. (no eta)

-the update to your contribution adds an admin panel to adjust all the settings, is it an approved version ? do you you know if it has transfered the settings in a way that wont cuz any conflicts?

no conflicts, but my next version won't use it. It's better if the project stay more portable rather then integrated, I feal.

-is there away to delete products through excel? i noticed in the file comments it said not functional yet, are there any plans on getting it functional any time soon ?

not that I know of, again, given some thought, but nothing more.

-also in the file i saw options to download the header tag controller fields but in the front end of it , i cant find any option to enable it - is it supported?

It's a matter of uncommenting the code. search around the file for it. I haven't tried it, but everything needed appears to be there. the only benefit is if you are customizing the HTC content. The autofill funtions of HTC work well in most cases.

If you don't mind spending the money, Excel 2007 does not have this limit, at least from what I have read.

Take a look at this post. I've never tried it but it looks possible. Be sure and do a backup first.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

no conflicts, but my next version won't use it. It's better if the project stay more portable rather then integrated, I feal.

I agree, but editing the code could be trickier than the web interface. not that i would know how to do it, but maybe adding an sql file to add unique tables for your contribution and ading an sql file to remove these tables would make it very simple to add the interface in the same page as the uploading and downloading page.

this way if some one ever wants to remove it all the'll have to do is run the 'remove' sql file to eliminate any trace of the contribution...just a thought

It's a matter of uncommenting the code. search around the file for it. I haven't tried it, but everything needed appears to be there. the only benefit is if you are customizing the HTC content. The autofill funtions of HTC work well in most cases.

thats probably true but to get good page optimizaion its best if the meta data matches the product, so the auto fill is not enough. will look in to it to see if i can grasp it and deal with it

If you don't mind spending the money, Excel 2007 does not have this limit, at least from what I have read.

offcourse i mind it - its quite expensive, i think corel quadro is capable of it will try it out. though the thought of handling a file with hundreds of coulmns makes me gitter..thanks for the tip though...

thanks for your help jack and surfalot ;)

one other thing - sorry for flooding this post....

for what ever reason this line in the DataBase:

<p><font size=ŗ">bla bla bla ' buy' it for £0.00 more bla bla bla <font color="#993300"><u><strong>i should be REDISH</strong></u></font> sfinal bla bla bla</font><br />

instead of redish(colour #993300) comes out greenish (i think colour #339933)

the original Database line read:

<p><font size=\"3\">blabla bla bla \' buy\' it for £0.00 more bla bla bla  <font color=\"#993300\"><u><strong>final bla bla bla </strong></u></font> bla bla bla</font><br />

when i looked at the file in notepad instead of excel i noticed that thee are many duplicated double quotes(like font color = ""#993300"") is that intentional, or could that be the problem.

for privacy reason i will send you the text snippet in a PM - if thats ok...

any idea why that might happen? is it a bug, or am i doing something wrong?

Done a search, but couldn't find a solution.

I've just done a single category upload with 57 active items. Strangely after the import only 19 were active. Any ideas on what I can do, to make good please?

Is there a contrib to activate or de-activate a whole category, if so what's it called or location please?

Thanks in advance :)