• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I would apprechate if someone will help me with this one.

I tested "Easy Populate" with my oscommerce and love it. I run to one small problom, My Hebrew language is in UTF-8 and windows/Excel write it in ascii, I tried to save as in notepad in UTF-8 but the system bug me and refuse to change any data.

In PHP there a function iconv to convert from windows1255 => utf-8. I can't figure out where in the script is the download of the populeted and the upload, I got confuse. I know PHP but not PEAR

thanks

Hi,

I would apprechate if someone will help me with this one.

I tested "Easy Populate" with my oscommerce and love it. I run to one small problom, My Hebrew language is in UTF-8 and windows/Excel write it in ascii, I tried to save as in notepad in UTF-8 but the system bug me and refuse to change any data.

In PHP there a function iconv to convert from windows1255 => utf-8. I can't figure out where in the script is the download of the populeted and the upload, I got confuse. I know PHP but not PEAR

thanks

what part is not working? saving from excel or exporting from EP, both? which fields do you need to do that to?

PHP ver? 4.4.3

PHP globals (on/ofF) Unsure

MySQL ver? 4.1.21 Std

EP vers? 2.76d MS2

EP settings? It was a download of prod desc, prod number, weight and manufacturer. I don't do a complete download due to excel not being able to cope with the amount of fields.

And I will try what pixclinic recommended.

Thanks heaps :)

are you asigning a unique model number to each product in the first column? Have you specified the categories in the correct columns of the import file? post a link to a download of the import you are trying if you want me to take a look.

They are not all unique model numbers, some of them are the same now that i look at the date, its being provided by a person working on Microsoft Point of sale. Now that i have some of the items in the database, im not sure how to go edit them now.

replace all in excel is a wonderful tool :)

EP is a wonderful tool also when it is setup with the appropriate settings for your situation. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Could someone decipher this for me?

Fresh install of OS +STS and now adding EP. What did I do wrong?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/somethingelse.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpGZdlch' to '/home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/somethingelse.txt' in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpGZdlch

User filename: somethingelse.txt

Size: 2611

Warning: file(/home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/somethingelse.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Why do we have to do this?:

Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT DO THIS!! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

Why do we have to do this?:

you don't. if your configure.php is setup correctly, all you need to do is set the temp directory in the easypopulate.php file to match the temp directory you have created.

Hi all,

Could someone decipher this for me?

Fresh install of OS +STS and now adding EP. What did I do wrong?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/somethingelse.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpGZdlch' to '/home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/somethingelse.txt' in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpGZdlch

User filename: somethingelse.txt

Size: 2611

Warning: file(/home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/somethingelse.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

looks like you have not set the temp directory correctly. is this a valid path to you temp directory you were instructed to create and set permissions to: /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/

please make sure you have read and understand the docs and the settings at the top of easypopulate.php. If you have a specific question about a setting, why to use it or how to set it. we're here.

looks like you have not set the temp directory correctly. is this a valid path to you temp directory you were instructed to create and set permissions to: /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//catalog/temp/

please make sure you have read and understand the docs and the settings at the top of easypopulate.php. If you have a specific question about a setting, why to use it or how to set it. we're here.

I have no clue why there is two forward slashes in front of catalog. Any ideas?

In my file manager it is simply /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/temp

And permission is set to 755

Thoughts?

-Dan

In my file manager it is simply /home/danosonl/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/temp

Thoughts?

-Dan

Permission set to 777 rather

Thoughts?

-Dan

what you really meant was... yes I've read through all the directions and settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file, but I really don't understand how to set the temp folder location setting at the top of the easypopulate.php file, right?

you need to set your temp folder setting to "temp/"

what you really meant was... yes I've read through all the directions and settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file, but I really don't understand how to set the temp folder location setting at the top of the easypopulate.php file, right?

you need to set your temp folder setting to "temp/"

"4. Make sure that you have a directory called catalog/temp, and that it's permissions are set to allow writes to that directory (while you're in the catalog directory, execute "chmod 777 temp").

If you have changed the directory structure of your OSC install (i.e. you don't have /catalog/temp/ in your document root anymore), then you'll need to go into easypopulate.php and change the setting of "$tempdir"."

This is what you are getting at I take it. So how do I change the "temp folder setting to"temp""?

"4. Make sure that you have a directory called catalog/temp, and that it's permissions are set to allow writes to that directory (while you're in the catalog directory, execute "chmod 777 temp").

If you have changed the directory structure of your OSC install (i.e. you don't have /catalog/temp/ in your document root anymore), then you'll need to go into easypopulate.php and change the setting of "$tempdir"."

This is what you are getting at I take it. So how do I change the "temp folder setting to"temp""?

Alright...lets start over...I have read and executed the EP install tasks. I do not have a TEMP folder in my root directory. The question is, how do I set it up?

Thanks,

Dan

Alright...lets start over...I have read and executed the EP install tasks. I do not have a TEMP folder in my root directory. The question is, how do I set it up?

Thanks,

Dan

what file did you download? what version are you using?

Easypopulate v2.72-MS2 (with attributes)

I should have asked that before. I don't know anything about that contrib. most likely there are lots of setting at the top of the file. make sure the temp path is set correctly.

what part is not working? saving from excel or exporting from EP, both? which fields do you need to do that to?

I save from EP, open in notepad and SAVE AS in the encoding ANSI, then I open it in excel so I may read the hebrew, It do not work for some reason the other way

Hi,

Okay,

I imported my .txt minus the duplicate entries and the attributes.

The first import went fine.

I then amended the file, deleted some categories, added descriptions etc and when i tried to import to database i recieve the following error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'large/20/20389.jpg', '20389', '10.49', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", "0000-00-00 00:00:00", '', '0', '888', 'NULL') 

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone (surfalot) suggest what the problem might be here?

Many Thanks

D4

If you are unsure of creating a folder in your webspace and assigning the permissions, ask your host. After which, you need to set that path in the temp directory setting of easypopulate to the location of that temp folder.

I am just setting up a OS 2.2 site I have tinkered with a bunch of the different ep versions but each one gives me different errors I need some help with the following

Which version is the best for downloading catolg to update its contents and reupload

I would also like to do froogle loads in the new froogle format if possible

I am just setting up a OS 2.2 site I have tinkered with a bunch of the different ep versions but each one gives me different errors I need some help with the following

Which version is the best for downloading catolg to update its contents and reupload

I would also like to do froogle loads in the new froogle format if possible

I would suggest the 2.76d version I uploaded. You must read the docs and go through all the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file, understand what they are and what they do. If you don't, yes, the scripts will not work for you. This is not a plug and play script. It does a lot, but needs configuring depending on your location, server environment, and intended use. If you need further help understanding what some of the options do, etc., please post your PHP vers, whether your PHP globals are on/off (ask you host), and your MySQL vers. I would prefer you ask about setup options you don't understand, then to ask "why am I getting this error" after diving in. But that is just me.