• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hugh,

I think u are correct, sweating is the best option...

I did a refresh on the browser and still zips up to about 40-50% then goes into a holding pattern.

Model Number in existing database was blank. Upload Text (Tab Deliminated) file from Excel contains Model Numbers from 1 -30

Oh well.... success may not be in the cards today... but I wont give up the ship just yet.

SteveRF

Hugh,

I think u are correct, sweating is the best option...

I did a refresh on the browser and still zips up to about 40-50% then goes into a holding pattern.

Model Number in existing database was blank. Upload Text (Tab Deliminated) file from Excel contains Model Numbers from 1 -30

Oh well.... success may not be in the cards today... but I wont give up the ship just yet.

SteveRF

It took me a week to understand all my mistakes on EP, plus another month to understand that you have to choose a different version depending on what contribs you have installed in your store, hehe! So be patient: time will come and light will be!

Well, thanks so much for the persistance so far...

I have a totally stock test store... not one single contribution and the install was slick..not a single problem.. all configs took place as expected automatically....

All I have to do at this point is get Easy Pop to work so I can actually populate a test store with real data...

Populating from the Admin is definitely not an option...

I'll check back with u from time to time...I hope this is the correct spot to continue with my problems with EP...

Thanks ...really appreciate your help !

Steve

part of the problem you are having, is htdocs is the document_root, yet you have catalog down one more level after srf_test

you need to add srf_test into the /catalog path, ie /srf_test/catalog is your ws_catalog

Hugh,

Here is a copy ... hope I have not blanked anything that is essential. Characters have been replaced with x's and I have not added nor deleted any characters...

Steve

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/xxxxxx/homepages/12/xxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/SRF_TEST/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xx'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xx');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/xxxxxx/homepages/12/xxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/SRF_TEST/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/xxxxxx/homepages/12/xxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/SRF_TEST/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'xxxxx.xxxxxxx.net'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'dboxxxxxxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxxxxxxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Hello,

I have easy populate 2.76c MS2 and everything work fine.

I need just to add another field.

I use the contribution for minimum quantity per product contrib

I need to add the field for use this contrib with easy populate, because in my shop 80% of articles need a minimum order quantity...I have around 700 products and i need to add with easy populate.

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I have easy populate 2.76c MS2 and everything work fine.

I need just to add another field.

I use the contribution for minimum quantity per product contrib

I need to add the field for use this contrib with easy populate, because in my shop 80% of articles need a minimum order quantity...I have around 700 products and i need to add with easy populate.

Thanks a lot

First be sure that you want to install a contrib that supposedly doesn't work, according to what I saw there

Adding a field to your easy populate when the field is in the table "products" is dead simple:

1) open your easypopulate.php file.

2) Do a backup of this file

3) look for every occurence of the products_weight field (meaning do a search on "products_weight"

and add (above or below, your choice, but respect all the variations, like p.products_weight, or $products_weight) ... and add your field occurence which is in that case: "products_min_order_qty" with the same variations. Should be done in 10 minutes with a "search" and "find next"

4) save the file

5) test it in download an upload. If it doesn't work, start from the backup again.

Good luck!

Hello,

When uploading my text file saved from excel and then inserting it into the database using Easy Populate I get the following errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2007Feb07-2008.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.helmut/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php9IYEAs' to '/home/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2007Feb07-2008.txt' in /home/.helmut/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php9IYEAs

User filename: EP2007Feb07-2008.txt

Size: 22722

Warning: file(/home/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2007Feb07-2008.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.helmut/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.helmut/joelski/ways-2-wellness.com/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I have just loaded OSC and it seems to be working fine. I had to perform some mods for the Register Globals to work, and the hosting server is window so there were some changes in the install pages 3 and 7. But other than that it is all standard.

So my problem is that I have followed the readme1st doc supplied with easy populate and installed the mod. But now if I click on the 'Download Complete .txt file to edit' or any of the other import or export options the page appears to do something, but I never get a result file. In other words I never get the popup window offering a 'save to disk' or 'Open With'. There are also no alarms at all. I am sure that it is me and my very bad computor skills.

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks to all who are involved in OSC's development, and to the contibutors too!!! thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Thanks for this!!!

temp directory is:-

//$tempdir = 'x:/domains/c/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/user/htdocs/test/oscommerce/catalog/temp/';

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/temp/';

As you can see, I even tried the absolute path.

config file:-

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

//define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'x:/domains/c/xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/user/htdocs/test/oscommerce/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/test/oscommerce/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'x:/domains/c/xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/user/htdocs/test/oscommerce/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/test/oscommerce/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'x:/domains/c/xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/user/htdocs/test/oscommerce/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

So what do you think???

After fixing the root to my temp directory those errors go away however after uploading the file EasyPopulate comes back with this error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpLFkniv

User filename: EP2007Feb08-2008.txt

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Health'' at line 8

SELECT cat.categories_id FROM categories as cat, categories_description as des WHERE cat.categories_id = des.categories_id AND des.language_id = 1 AND cat.parent_id = 22 AND des.categories_name = 'Children's Health'

[TEP STOP]

How do I fix this? Any help as always is appreciated thanks!

Well...WHEW ! I have tried and tried to figure out what in the "crap" is wrong here with easypopulate... The download went fine..I did get the CVS file that I added to and refined by adding ONE product and attempted to upload... WHEW ! I love the idea and manual population of products is out of the question... but trying to get this to work is becoming a heartache ! and I am only beginning to test the STOCK version of OSCommerce... I am be3ginning to wonder if this is really going to work.... any advice would be appreciated...see my /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file listed above....

HELP !

SteveRF

Well...WHEW ! I have tried and tried to figure out what in the "crap" is wrong here with easypopulate... The download went fine..I did get the CVS file that I added to and refined by adding ONE product and attempted to upload... WHEW ! I love the idea and manual population of products is out of the question... but trying to get this to work is becoming a heartache ! and I am only beginning to test the STOCK version of OSCommerce... I am be3ginning to wonder if this is really going to work.... any advice would be appreciated...see my /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file listed above....

HELP !

SteveRF

your configure.php is fine. you should have your temp folder setting in the EP settings set to '/temp/' with the configure.php you posted.

that is where it says thie:

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php
$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

change it to this

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php
$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/temp/";

I would suggest using $excel_safe_output setting to true -OR- use the setting $replace_quotes to true so you avoid problems with quotes.

Avoid trying to manage product attributes with EP.

After fixing the root to my temp directory those errors go away however after uploading the file EasyPopulate comes back with this error:

File uploaded.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Health'' at line 8

SELECT cat.categories_id FROM categories as cat, categories_description as des WHERE cat.categories_id = des.categories_id AND des.language_id = 1 AND cat.parent_id = 22 AND des.categories_name = 'Children's Health'

[TEP STOP]

I would suggest using $excel_safe_output setting to true -OR- use the setting $replace_quotes to true so you avoid problems with quotes.

with $replace_quotes the caviot is it changes your text, and potetially destroy html in descritions.

with $excel_safe_output the caviot is that PHP versions 4.3.4 - 4.3.11 and some earlier versions of php 5 may not handle a double quote at the begining of a text field.

the other option is to simply remove the one single quote in that Children's Health category name.

Thanks for this!!!

temp directory is:-

//$tempdir = 'x:/domains/c/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/user/htdocs/test/oscommerce/catalog/temp/';

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/temp/';

As you can see, I even tried the absolute path.

So what do you think???

that should be correct. there is an EP setting that displays all the settings on the EP main-page. the full temp directory should be listed at the top. make sure that directory is correct, exists, and is set to 777 permissions. (use your ftp/dev software/ask your host)

with $replace_quotes the caviot is it changes your text, and potetially destroy html in descritions.

with $excel_safe_output the caviot is that PHP versions 4.3.4 - 4.3.11 and some earlier versions of php 5 may not handle a double quote at the begining of a text field.

the other option is to simply remove the one single quote in that Children's Health category name.

Yay I finally got it to work thank you so much!

File uploaded.

[TEP STOP]

remove the quotes in your categories names

First be sure that you want to install a contrib that supposedly doesn't work, according to what I saw there

Adding a field to your easy populate when the field is in the table "products" is dead simple:

1) open your easypopulate.php file.

2) Do a backup of this file

3) look for every occurence of the products_weight field (meaning do a search on "products_weight"

and add (above or below, your choice, but respect all the variations, like p.products_weight, or $products_weight) ... and add your field occurence which is in that case: "products_min_order_qty" with the same variations. Should be done in 10 minutes with a "search" and "find next"

4) save the file

5) test it in download an upload. If it doesn't work, start from the backup again.

Good luck!

Hello,

Thanks for your help!!

The contrib that I was linked to you is not the right one...I was used another one but I didn't find the name...

However, the alias for this contrib is "minorder" and I have added like you say (I make also an upgrade of easy populate to the latest version) and everything working fine...perfect!!!!

I still have just one question...

I need to create also the categories with the easy populate.... the problem is that I have 2 languages (italian and german) and easy populate create just the categories in italian language...I don't know how to make also in german!!do you know how to do? thx!

This is an example of my ep:

v_products_weight	v_minorder	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR
0	1000		31.01.2007 11:00		Alpeda	Gadgets	Ombrelli e penne a sfera		Prodotti da tassare	Active	EOREOR
0	1000		31.01.2007 11:00		Alpeda	Gadgets	Ombrelli e penne a sfera		Prodotti da tassare	Active	EOREOR

has u see the categories give me just the default language...did u know how can I add the support for more language? thx!!!

has u see the categories give me just the default language...did u know how can I add the support for more language? thx!!!

when you are on your easy populate page in admin, you should see Easy populate version (x.x) default language: english (or italian)

in your admin, there is a language drop down menu selector on the top right of the admin startup screen: if you have several languages installed, you should see German as well. Swith to German and see if Esay populate now displays a german default language, run it and see if you get german values.

I never tried this, since I am an exclusive English user, but it may work, who knows...

Edited by pixclinic

when you are on your easy populate page in admin, you should see Easy populate version (x.x) default language: english (or italian)

in your admin, there is a language drop down menu selector on the top right of the admin startup screen: if you have several languages installed, you should see German as well. Swith to German and see if Esay populate now displays a german default language, run it and see if you get german values.

I never tried this, since I am an exclusive English user, but it may work, who knows...

Hello,

I have tryed but it's still show me Italian language (1) ....do you know another way? or...how can I edit directly on the db?

Thanks

Hello,

I have tryed but it's still show me Italian language (1) ....do you know another way? or...how can I edit directly on the db?

Thanks

I've been thinking... If your categories are already defined in German in your backend (even if there are no items in them, there is no need to do anything else: in fact, Esaypopulate recognize the category ID from the italian name that you gave. If you populate all your items with the italian name and then go to your catalog as a customer and switches to german, you should see the categories names in german.

Hello,

Thanks

That's a bug I've found. For some silly reason the categories import and export is tied to the DEFAULT_LANGUAGE config item in EP v2.76x. I'm looking at a corrective solution to this in my next version. DEFAULT_LANGUAGE is defined in your configure items group 6 (which is hidden from us in the standard osCommerce shop). You can find this setting by going to any osCommerce configuration list, find "gID=1" in the URL, change to "gID=6" and resubmit the url, you will see all the hidden config options. I'm sure they are hidden for a reason, so be careful.

In the mean time, find this in your EP 2.76d version.

//elari check default language_id from configuration table DEFAULT_LANGUAGE
$epdlanguage_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, name from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where code = '" . DEFAULT_LANGUAGE . "'");

where it says DEFAULT_LANGUAGE, change that to the numeric value that represents the language you want for your category name export and import. So if I want to specify english I would choose:

$epdlanguage_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, name from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where code = '" . '1' . "'");

On the other hand if you go with this:

$epdlanguage_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, name from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where code = '" . $languages_id . "'");

it might work as pixclinic is suggesting, but I haven't tested that theory. $languages_id should be getting set in the application_top.php.

hope that helps.

Edited by surfalot