osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I've changed the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT to this

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "temp/";

Still not working.

I contacted my host and asked them to make sire the temp directory is writeable (chmod 777) and i was told that chmod 777 is not possible but chmod 775 is (which is apparently similar)!

I was asked by pixclinic to post my configuration file, so here it is.

This is NOT your configuration file

Your admin configuration file is located in:

admin/configure.php

for security reasons (for you) don't post the last lines including the username and password to your database.

This is NOT your configuration file

Your admin configuration file is located in:

admin/configure.php

for security reasons (for you) don't post the last lines including the username and password to your database.

Hi,

Do you mean includes/configure.php as there isn't a configure.php in the admin folder.. it just has the configuration.php file

thanks

dave

Hi,

Do you mean includes/configure.php as there isn't a configure.php in the admin folder.. it just has the configuration.php file

thanks

dave

yes that's what I mean. Sorry I forget the includes

yes that's what I mean. Sorry I forget the includes

Here you go

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://gumproductions.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://gumproductions.co.uk');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://gumproductions.co.uk');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/magic/public_html/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/magic/public_html/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/magic/public_html/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*********');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*********');
 define('DB_DATABASE', '**********');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

Thanks

Dave

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/magic/public_html/catalog/');

to

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', DOCUMENT_ROOT);

sorry for twice, the server is responding very slowly.

Edited by Mibble

The correct path for your document root must be:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/magic/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Edited by pixclinic

The correct path for your document root must be:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/magic/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Hi,

I can't write to this file... When i try to edit the file using the file manager in the oscommerce back end i get this message at the top of the screen:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/magic/public_html/catalog//admin/includes/configure.php

How do i set the right user permissions?

Thanks for your help

dave

Hi,

I can't write to this file... When i try to edit the file using the file manager in the oscommerce back end i get this message at the top of the screen:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/magic/public_html/catalog//admin/includes/configure.php

How do i set the right user permissions?

Thanks for your help

dave

Cancel that i got it.... lets see if it works now!!

Thank you very much for all your help, i appreciate it immensly. :thumbsup:

Dave

I've install EP everything went ok

I change my OSC language to spanish then Deleted the sample productos and catergories to add mines.

But this apppear on the top of EP

Strange but there is no default language to work... That may not happen, just in case...

When i tried to export a file this appears:

Strange but there is no default language to work... That may not happen, just in case...
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 337

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 338

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 344

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 346
v_products_model v_products_name_4 v_products_name_3 v_products_price v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 EOREOR 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 5

SELECT categories_name FROM categories_description WHERE categories_id = 11 AND language_id =

I tried to look for this error on English forum and spanish forum... but no luck sad.gif Help me pliz

Cancel that i got it.... lets see if it works now!!

Thank you very much for all your help, i appreciate it immensly. :thumbsup:

Dave

Hi,

Okay i've managed to upload the test file (EP2007Jan12-1212). But i've not noticed any products being added to the store. I tried again using my own spreadsheet which i saved as a txt file, its got 8000+ products so i split the file using the Upload and Split EP File tool, but it didn't work.

Do the row headers need any specific titles?

What happens once the file has been upload?

thanks again

dave

Hi,

I am trying to download my test data to see what kind of file I need to build. But when I click on any of the create and download links, nothing happens (the page just refreshes). Please help. I plan to check the example.txt, and try to upload that to see if I get any error.

What version if EP are you using? Most likely you are using v2.76d, have globals turned off on your php (ask your host), and you are using the globals patch for osCommerce. This version is not coded for that situation, look for a future release.

Hi,

Okay i've managed to upload the test file (EP2007Jan12-1212). But i've not noticed any products being added to the store. I tried again using my own spreadsheet which i saved as a txt file, its got 8000+ products so i split the file using the Upload and Split EP File tool, but it didn't work.

Do the row headers need any specific titles?

What happens once the file has been upload?

thanks again

dave

have you successfully downloaded an export and examined the format? Have you applied that format to your import file?

Have you assigned a unique Model Number to each product as the docs state? have you thoroughly read the docs?

have you successfully downloaded an export and examined the format? Have you applied that format to your import file?

Have you assigned a unique Model Number to each product as the docs state? have you thoroughly read the docs?

Hi,

Yes i've managed to upload 8000 products. But no description have upload or prices.

I've read the manual but to be honest it's a weee bit confusing!

I'm slowly but surely getting there.

Do you know if its possible to delete multiple products. And in regards to categories, do i need to create the categories so that the products go to the right places.

Thanks

dave

www.gumproductions.co.uk/catalog

Hi,

Yes i've managed to upload 8000 products. But no description have upload or prices.

I've read the manual but to be honest it's a weee bit confusing!

I'm slowly but surely getting there.

Do you know if its possible to delete multiple products. And in regards to categories, do i need to create the categories so that the products go to the right places.

Thanks

dave

www.gumproductions.co.uk/catalog

1) EP is not able to delete multiple products.

The best way to do this, if you have 8000 products with no description/prices and want to start from scratch is to use the admin backup/restore function (did you backup first ? ;-)

If not, another solution consists in going in the Myphpadmin control panel on your hosting service and empty the table products and products descriptions, (the "empty" tab at the top of the table display)

2) no need to create categories in admin, if you create your categories and subcategories in easypopulate, they are created on the fly when the file is imported. Just be careful that, if you already have some categories set up and want to retreive your products in them, that the names in the EP file match exactly what you already have on the site.

1) EP is not able to delete multiple products.

The best way to do this, if you have 8000 products with no description/prices and want to start from scratch is to use the admin backup/restore function (did you backup first ? ;-)

If not, another solution consists in going in the Myphpadmin control panel on your hosting service and empty the table products and products descriptions, (the "empty" tab at the top of the table display)

2) no need to create categories in admin, if you create your categories and subcategories in easypopulate, they are created on the fly when the file is imported. Just be careful that, if you already have some categories set up and want to retreive your products in them, that the names in the EP file match exactly what you already have on the site.

If i wanted to delete 1000 products in one go, could i just remove all of the products, remove what i need from the spreadsheet, then reload the ep file?

Thanks

dave

If i wanted to delete 1000 products in one go, could i just remove all of the products, remove what i need from the spreadsheet, then reload the ep file?

EP does not ever remove a product. Everything you upload will be either created or updated. You may upload any sub-set of the products at one time.

I've install EP everything went ok

I change my OSC language to spanish then Deleted the sample productos and catergories to add mines.

But this apppear on the top of EP

When i tried to export a file this appears:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 337

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 338

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 344

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:276) in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 346
v_products_model v_products_name_4 v_products_name_3 v_products_price v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 EOREOR 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 5

SELECT categories_name FROM categories_description WHERE categories_id = 11 AND language_id =

I tried to look for this error on English forum and spanish forum... but no luck sad.gif Help me pliz

looks like you removed your default language. you need to set a configuration variable which is hidden for some reason. Go to your shop admin. Go to Configuration section. Look at your address bar of your browser and find "gID=1". Change that to "gID=6" and resubmit the URL. You should now see the hidden configuration items. Look for "Default Language". Change it to your default language.

EP does not ever remove a product. Everything you upload will be either created or updated. You may upload any sub-set of the products at one time.

So, in my spreadsheet, if i say that there is 1 in stock, once that's sold will it automatially go offline. Also i will be selling books in my actual shop so if i sell something in person (rather than online) how can i delete the product.

Also, i'm going to make a load of categories (i.e. history/biography/science etc etc) should i make these categories first in my store online, then upload the EP.

thanks

dave

So, in my spreadsheet, if i say that there is 1 in stock, once that's sold will it automatially go offline. Also i will be selling books in my actual shop so if i sell something in person (rather than online) how can i delete the product.

Also, i'm going to make a load of categories (i.e. history/biography/science etc etc) should i make these categories first in my store online, then upload the EP.

thanks

dave

As I mentionned in my previous post, EP creates the categories and subcategories for you, when you enter them in your EP file

Edited by pixclinic

Thanks

dave

there is some code in tips and tricks for doing this.

HI i fix the language prob i tried to upload a few products. But now this is the problem.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTvxpress/catalog/temp/subi12ene.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpOWIPVO' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTvxpress/catalog/temp/subi12ene.txt' in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpOWIPVO
User filename: subi12ene.txt
Size: 18923

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTvxpress/catalog/temp/subi12ene.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

I have my OSC installed in a folder called /vxpress/

i know that problem comes from the configure.php file that i need to add

$DOCUMENT_ROOT

But i dont know how i tried many ways look:

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/content/v/i/d/videoxpress/html/vxpress/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/vxpress/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

Please show me how :P :(