• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I would like to use the QTYPro feature with stock control ... so I made

$products_attributes_stock = true;

Sadly, stock that is perfectly working for attributes in the DB, does not get written into my file during export. I get all attributes just fine, but there is another problem:

for attributes using a prefix, trhe prefix is not shown, only the add on price, which is multiplied by 10 (so showing 59.90 instead of 5.99)

Anyone seen these two issues before?

In short:

- no attribute related stock in file

- prefixed price multiplied by 10, no prefix

I see Jared is working on the specials, another thing I will need to add ... if anyone has it working, please share!

TIA

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I would like to use the QTYPro feature with stock control ... so I made

$products_attributes_stock = true;

Sadly, stock that is perfectly working for attributes in the DB, does not get written into my file during export. I get all attributes just fine, but there is another problem:

for attributes using a prefix, trhe prefix is not shown, only the add on price, which is multiplied by 10 (so showing 59.90 instead of 5.99)

Anyone seen these two issues before?

In short:

- no attribute related stock in file

- prefixed price multiplied by 10, no prefix

I see Jared is working on the specials, another thing I will need to add ... if anyone has it working, please share!

TIA

BTW, the attribute price issue happens only in excel, it is ok in the text file I downloaded ... I have NO CLUE how to sort it out ...

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

BTW, the attribute price issue happens only in excel, it is ok in the text file I downloaded ... I have NO CLUE how to sort it out ...

update:

crap!

I changed the language setting on my puter from German to English, and the numbers are correct then in Excel too. The + has gone though ...

Monika

update:

crap!

I changed the language setting on my puter from German to English, and the numbers are correct then in Excel too. The + has gone though ...

ok got the pricething sorted out ... it's awful though, so if anyone else has this issue, here's the deal:

you must not open excel together with the file, but open excel empty and then regularly import the txt file. While importing, you haveto manually change the standard define of the columns having the attribute price to text. That is a major bummer, as it will be a gazillion columns for us.

Still working on the stock control, has noone ever attempted that?

Monika

I have been focusing on a couple of other OScommerce issue, most resolved, so when I saw that there was a new update by Mibble of Easy Pop with attributes I thought that I would return to this contribution to see if I could get it to perform for me. I had previously posted on June 13 and July 12 with the same outstanding problem.

I have been attempting to use EP2.76 (4_Master products) with an OSc 2.2 with Master Products and Download Controller as mods (plus STS but I don't think that has any impact).

I have installed EP (for Master Products) and can download the txt file OK, but I wish it to pick up a field from another table called products_attributes_downloads which was created by the install of Download Controller, and then obviously upload that field after editing

I have been through the thread this morning (all 116 pages)and apart from 2 posts last November which didn't really help, cannot find anything close. most of the posts seem to deal with adding other fields from the products table

I have read the file that comes with Adding New Fields and have read all the docs with the package

If there is a post that I have missed I would be grateful if you could point me at it, if not some help would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance

steve

I now have a new problem, when i go to update my products, only some update, whereas others are classed as a new product even though they are already in my catalog. Any solutions?

it may be due to your model numbers. If they have dots, excel may format them differently and putthe dot ina different spot ... well it def is your model number, as that is the only column checked for insert/update decision.

Monika

I understand that EP will create a 'Link product' of the item if 2 items has the same model# but different category path.

Is there a way to make it 'Duplicate' an item instead if the model# are the same, different category path..AND different manufacturer?

I understand that EP will create a 'Link product' of the item if 2 items has the same model# but different category path.

Is there a way to make it 'Duplicate' an item instead if the model# are the same, different category path..AND different manufacturer?

I just added the code, seems to work, in case someone need it also:

Open: easypopulate.php

Find: // First we check to see if this is a product in the current db.

After Add:

$sqlmang = "SELECT mang.manufacturers_id
	 FROM ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS." as mang
	 WHERE
   mang.manufacturers_name = '" . $items[$filelayout['v_manufacturers_name']] . "'";
 $resultmang = tep_db_query($sqlmang);
 $rowmang =  tep_db_fetch_array($resultmang);
 if ( $rowmang != '' ){
	 $mang = $rowmang['manufacturers_id']; }

Find: $result = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." WHERE (products_model = '". $v_products_model . "')");

Replace with:

$result = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." WHERE (products_model = '". $v_products_model . "' AND manufacturers_id = '". $mang . "')");

Will it?? :o :o :o

I didn't spot that in the documentation - can anyone confirm? :rolleyes:

My thread here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157449

details my search for a contrib to do just that - am I really that stupid?? :blush: :blush: :blush:

Dan

Having decided to give up on attempting to add additional fields from the products_attributes_downloads table, I thought I would just get easy pop to run so I could ammend product names or prices from time to time.

No problem downloading, ammending and uploading the Model/Price/Quantity file but when I attempt to do the same with the Complete EP file, I end up with problems in the catalog eg in attributes all the downloads have lost their file names.

None of my categories have apostrophies in them.

I don't think this is caused by the fact that it is not picking up all the attributes downloads fields

I went through all 116 pages of this forum yesterday re adding the fields and am blurred out....I am not sure if I could face doing it all over again

Steve

I could really use help here!

I have installed and configured the latest easy populate mod. I can download my products file but when I try to upload them after spedning 4 hours editing it, i get a page cannot be displayed error!

I have copied the files over to the catalog/admin again but keep getting the same damn error..

any help would be grand!

Thank You

I could really use help here!

I have installed and configured the latest easy populate mod. I can download my products file but when I try to upload them after spedning 4 hours editing it, i get a page cannot be displayed error!

I have copied the files over to the catalog/admin again but keep getting the same damn error..

any help would be grand!

Thank You

Easy populate may well time out if you try and upload too many products in one go, I suggest you try uploading 200 products at a time and see if that works

or

change the setting for easy populate in admin/easypopulate.php

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 400; // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

hi Sue

Thank you very much for your reply

I have only 4 products! I have downloaded the current product list and then trid to upload it and still get the same error!

I can't figure this out and I can't go home until it's sorted!

Any other suggestions?

Easy populate may well time out if you try and upload too many products in one go, I suggest you try uploading 200 products at a time and see if that works

or

change the setting for easy populate in admin/easypopulate.php

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 400; // default, seems to work for most people.  Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

hi Sue

Thank you very much for your reply

I have only 4 products!  I have downloaded the current product list and then trid to upload it and still get the same error!

I can't figure this out and I can't go home until it's sorted!

Any other suggestions?

When you say you have downloaded the current product list is this list from a different site or the same one you are trying to upload to?

If it is the same site what changes are you making to the listing?

it's the same site

I'm not making any changes to the file at all, i try to simply download it and re-upload it but I get the page not found error.

When you say you have downloaded the current product list is this list from a different site or the same one you are trying to upload to?

If it is the same site what changes are you making to the listing?

it's the same site

I'm not making any changes to the file at all, i try to simply download it and re-upload it but I get the page not found error.

Sorry but I don't think I can help with that particular problem as I am about to start a tournament and don't have the time to look into the problem further, maybe someone else can jump in with the answer.

Sorry but I don't think I can help with that particular problem as I am about to start a tournament and don't have the time to look into the problem further, maybe someone else can jump in with the answer.

Just a quick question, is your /admin/includes/configure.php configured correctly?

There are items similar to below

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.your.domain.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/full/path/to/where/they /are/on server/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/full/path/to/where/they /are/on server/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/full/path/to/where/they /are/on server/'); // absolute path required

The full path to where the files are on the server is required especially for easypopulate to work correctly.

Easypopulate did not work on my site until the configure.php in admin includes was correct.

you most likely need to put a \ prior to any apostrophes in your descriptions. please look thru your descriptions, etc. try to load only one product.

my configure.php is as follows:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.versor.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.versor.co.uk');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/versor/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/versor/public_html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/versor/public_html/'); // absolute path required

all seems fine doesn't it??

you most likely need to put a \ prior to any apostrophes in your descriptions.  please look thru your descriptions, etc.  try to load only one product.

my configure.php is as follows:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.versor.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.versor.co.uk');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/versor/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/versor/public_html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/versor/public_html/'); // absolute path required

all seems fine doesn't it??

It all looks fine, which means the problem must lie elsewhere and at the moment I am at a loss to what it might be, hopefully someone else will chip in with the answer.

I'm having a problem with $zero_qty_inactive = false; it is still making out of stock items dissappear.

In easypopulate.php:

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!

// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.

global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;

$active = 'Active';

$inactive = 'Inactive';

//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet

$zero_qty_inactive = false;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have $zero_qty_inactive = false however this only makes the items with 0 quantity show up in the categories. When I open up the category the products are not shown there. When downloading my catalog with EP after the quantity goes to 0 the v_status is still being set to Inactive eventhough the code clearly says that it shouldn't be.

I have also tried to change $inactive = 'Inactive'; to $inactive = 'Active'; but that didn't seem to work either. I have just recovered my site after making too many wrong changes so I'm looking for some advice before I continue trying more random changes. I frequently run out of products and don't want people to think that I don't offer them so I want them to always be shown.