• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

v_products_id,v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_1,v_manufacturer

s_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_products_qua

ntity,v_products_price,v_products_weight,v_products_description_1,v_date_added,v_

tax_class_title,v_status,v_status,EOREOR

13508,6550000,,3-Way Swivels Brass Size 1 3pc,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,33,0.47 ,0.05,,,,,,EOREOR

i would be inclined to the price break is the problem

John

It works out after 3 weeks of uninstalling & reinstalling different things, the problem was, I had formatted the Excel cells that had the prices in them to "accounting" instead of just leaving them at "general".

I am now forging ahead with my Online Shop

Thanks for your help.

G'Day from Australia

Ray

what osCommerce version are you using? reason I ask, none of the ep files i know of have the column v_products_id

v_products_id,v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_1,v_manufacturer

s_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_products_qua

ntity,v_products_price,v_products_weight,v_products_description_1,v_date_added,v_

tax_class_title,v_status,v_status,EOREOR

13508,6550000,,3-Way Swivels Brass Size  1 3pc,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,33,0.47 ,0.05,,,,,,EOREOR

I have read through the manual and this thread but still cannot solve my problem which is that i cannot seem to get a download to the created temp directory. when I click on download nothing happens and no file is created.

Can someone help.

Hi Folks !!!

I managed to get this fantastic contrib working but I still have problem with images. It seems that only telling the exact name of the image is not enough. I have to have the correct path also. I've tried a few things but can't get it right.

Do we have any sharp brain here, I know you all are, but anyone who can take the time and explain to me.......

my pictures are located in: www.ssssss.ss/catalog/images

What should it say in the field v_products_image ????

// StoreMan:-

:devil:

did you read a few pages back, to double check your document_root setting?

what do you have for that in your admin/includes/configure.php?

My web store now has about 1300 products and I can no longer download or load to a temp directory the spreadsheet from the web store. the browser just keeps timing out. I am using IE 6.0

the problem started happening when we got over 1000 products, but one in a blue monn we could get it to work. now it just times out.

any ideas on how I can download an updated spreadsheet?

any particular reason for the download? most people keep the uploads they use for keeping track of what they have, and do the updates from those.

My web store now has about 1300 products and I can no longer download or load to a temp directory the spreadsheet from the web store.  the browser just keeps timing out.  I am using IE 6.0

the problem started happening when we got over 1000 products, but one in a blue monn we could get it to work. now it just times out.

any ideas on how I can download an updated spreadsheet?

Have you set up both temp dir. or just one? You have the option to set up two. Also you need to set your time out settings thingy in the easypopulate.php file. It tends to not like files larger then 300.

I have read through the manual and this thread but still cannot solve my problem which is that i cannot seem to get a download to the created temp directory. when I click on download nothing happens and no file is created.

Can someone help.

Is the temp dir path correct in the easypopulate.php?

it is most likely timing out because of a large number of attributes with products, and you may be on a shared server, where they have a time limit set on the script execution time.

you can setup in your ep file the attributes you want to download, do it a certain group at a time.

Hello All,

I have just installed EP, and everything works fine, I just have a couple of questions that will make it work easier for me.

1. When I download a text delimited file, can I delete columns that I don't use such as the secondary languages. Does EP expect these columns when I upload the file?

2. The second download option is for:

"Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit"

is there a way to specify the exact columns I want to work with? For instance, could I download only: Model, Name, Description, Price, Qty?

Thanks for any advice

Hi,

I just installed EP, and I am trying to test it by exporting data from aa MS ACCESS product database I am using.

I imported the sample EP tab delimited file and saved as a new table, but it imports all as text fields.

Does anyone know where can I find the field formats fo all the fields? thanks.

downloading just certain columns other then the options displayed would have to be custom written

Hello All,

I have just installed EP, and everything works fine, I just have a couple of questions that will make it work easier for me.

1.  When I download a text delimited file, can I delete columns that I don't use such as the secondary languages.  Does EP expect these columns when I upload the file?

2.  The second download option is for: 

"Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit"

is there a way to specify the exact columns I want to work with?  For instance, could I download only:  Model, Name, Description, Price, Qty?

Thanks for any advice

formats are all based upon what is in the database. all fields need to be in text format for importing into oscommerce, they also get exported in text format.

Hi,

I just installed EP, and I am trying to test it by exporting data from aa MS ACCESS product database I am using.

I imported the sample EP tab delimited file and saved as a new table, but it imports all as text fields.

Does anyone know where can I find the field formats fo all the fields? thanks.

downloading just certain columns other then the options displayed would have to be custom written

Where does it have to be written?

I am also interested in specify the exact columns I want to work with.

Another question: I ran into a problem on a test install where I populated a site with some new products and the product display on the client side but no where in the admin side.

Familiar bug?

Thanks!

no bugs reported, it works fine, perhaps something wrong with your setup.

you can read thru the thread, there are a few spots where it discusses where to add the different columns..

Just installed into my working OSC site. I can export fine and open files in excel but when I try and import I get a

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@<mydomain>.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have tried just adding a few things on one line... same problem.

Tried different delimiters and checked my temp dir permissions. They are fine.

Server error log only shows that I made a request. I don't have access to the mysql logs but OSC works fine as does the rest of my site.

This isn't difficult, I'm just stumped as to what may be causing the error.

Trying to upload products to a new site using easy populate. I downloaded the products using ep from another of my websites. They are on the same webserver.

When I come to upload to the new site I get no errors; just this output:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpxwF39m

User filename: products.txt

Size: 10793

I have set ep up in the same way for both websites and the temp directory is setup with 777 permissions as described in the readme, yet I get no list of inserted rows and the products do not appear.

admin/includes/configure.php is correctly setup. Everything else besides ep works perfectly. I originally had 2.74 and I had the same problem with that. I upgraded to 2,76, but this did not fix it. I am running MS2.

Thanks in advance, Any help would be appreciated.

Frank

Edited by Frostbite

2.76 had a problem, plus it is semicolon separated, not tab delimited (someone decided to put it that way, dont know why)

what do you have set for your document_root