• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

:) SamyT, no.

Two others asked the question, I did 2 tests yesterday and received everything ok.

I can't remember the exact symantics, but for example the address details returned by PayPal is when a verified address is 'required', what I'm trying to say is that if the the customer is prompted by PayPal to select a shipping address then the 'PayPal Shipping' address details will be returned in the IPN info.

Also another factor is the 'no_shipping' option (in osC->Admin->Paypal) depending on its selection AND (?) whether a 'verified' PayPal Shipping Address is required (PayPal Profile Account Config) then an option can 'also' appear that will allow the customer not to have to select a 'PayPal' shipping address. You have to test to see.

Also another factor is that PayPal only verifies Shipping Addresses in certain countries (US,UK and DE ?).

Have at that transaction in your PayPal Account and see whether an Address appears there.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I've been trying to integrate this contribution into my installation of osCommerce but get the same failure each time. Basically I get all the way through the checkout process, my customer information transfers to the PayPal sandbox, but when I try to pay for the item and hit "Continue Checkout", I get the following error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.sandbox.paypal.com Port 443

Any ideas? I've installed the module twice with the same results. Thanks.

Alfredo Nevarez

I installed the contribution, but when I go to admin -> modules -> payment and click to install the paypal module, nothing happens. I went over all the steps twice and everything seems to be in order. What's wrong?

After installing it seems to work, but I don't get the options described in step 4 of the installation. Where are they suppose to appear? What did I do wrong?

Hey,

I installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN. I am getting a parse error in admin>>modules>>payment. The error is Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/customers.php on line 32

Here is my code for customers.php:

<?php
/*
 $Id: customers.php,v 1.16 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- customers //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS,
                    'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers'));

if ($selected_box == 'customers') {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS . '</a><br>' .
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
    '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">'. BOX_CUSTOMERS_PAYPAL .'</a>');
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?></td></tr><!-- customers_eof //-->

Any help would be wonderful! Thank You.

Thank You,

Steve Martis

I know nothing - except what I do know - which is nothing - Atleast I know something!

alfinator, because your error msg has [email protected] seems to a PayPal error and not an error on your site.

JDDunn9, click remove and click install the new fields should then appear, if not make sure that the new contrib file catalo/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php has been correctly copied/uploaded.

stevemartis, looks like you're missing the closing '}' for the 'if' statement, try

<?php

/*

$Id: customers.php,v 1.16 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- customers //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS,

'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers'));

if ($selected_box == 'customers') {

$contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">'. BOX_CUSTOMERS_PAYPAL .'</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?></td></tr><!-- customers_eof //-->

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered, but nothing came up in my search. I want to install the contribution, but I'm not sure how to perform the following in phpmyadmin:

ALTER TABLE orders ADD paypal_ipn_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

At your convenience, could someone instruct me (or point me to instructions) on how to alter the above tables?

Thanks in advance,

cb

Hi, I need some help here.

I just installed this contrib and got the following message:

<b>

Warning: main(includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/paypal_order.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ocssl/public_html/oc/includes/application_top.php on line 129

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/paypal_order.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ocssl/public_html/oc/includes/application_top.php on line 129

</b>

I have double checked the files. All the files are in place and the above error message appears. Can anyone tell me where is the problem? Thank you.:o

I just installed 2.6a version , and everything seems to work fine, except that when paypal sends e-mail after succesful payment received the Item Title: shows the store's name, and Item Number: shows ordered product's name. Here is the email:

Dear Andew Ozlan,

This email confirms that you have received a Payment for $2.00 USD from

Michael Jack ([email protected])

View the details of this transaction online at:

https://www.paypal.com/us/vst/.........................

Payment Details:

------------------------------

Total Amount: $2.00 USD

Currency: U.S. Dollars

Transaction ID: 5FRXXXXXXXX

Total Shipping: $1.00 USD

Quantity: 1

Item Title: Eva Bookstore -this is the store's name

Item Number: Harry Potter - this is the title of purchased item

Custom: 03xxxxxxxxxxxx

Buyer: Michael Jack

Michael Jack CONFIRMED Address

Michael Jack

9745 s State # 205

Chicago, IL 60453

United States

Thank you for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team

-----------------------------

Does anyone know how to fix it? Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Andrew

My "internal error" problem from before was indeed a PayPal problem. Thanks. I'm now able to get to the payment screen, but when I click on the "Return to Merchant" button after paying, I get directed to an empty shopping cart on my site. Here is the code snippet from my checkout_success.php file:

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {
   $notify_string = 'action=notify&';
   $notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];
   if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';
   }
   if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));
 }
 else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
   paypal_order::reset_checkout_cart_session();
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS);

Can anyone see what I might have done wrong? I'm also not getting any emails to my debug email address and my virtual customer is not getting emailed once the transaction is paid. I see the orders show up as pending on my admin screen, but don't see any IPN traffic. Thanks again for all of your help.

Hi, I need some help here.

I just installed this contrib and got the following message:

<b>

Warning: main(includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/paypal_order.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ocssl/public_html/oc/includes/application_top.php on line 129

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/paypal_order.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ocssl/public_html/oc/includes/application_top.php on line 129

</b>

I have double checked the files. All the files are in place and the above error message appears. Can anyone tell me where is the problem? Thank you.:o

Hi

Ignored my previous posting. Problem solved. :D

Is there a definition page for the test ipn?

I have the following:

receiver_email:

business:

item_name:

item_number:

quantity:

invoice:

custom:

option_name1:

option_selection1:

option_name2:

option_selection2:

num_cart_items:

payment_status: Completed Pending Failed Denied

pending_reason: echeck intl verify address upgrade unilateral other

payment_date:

payment_gross:

payment_fee:

mc_gross:

mc_fee:

mc_currency: USD EUR GBP CAD JPY

txn_id:

txn_type: web_accept cart send_money

first_name:

last_name:

address_street:

address_city:

address_state:

address_zip:

address_country: AfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntarcticaAntigua & BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBa

rbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia HerzegovinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBritish Indian Ocean TerritoryBritish Virgin IslandsBrunei DarussalamBulgariaBurkina FasoBurmaBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCanary IslandsCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos Keeling IslandsColombiaComorosCongo Democratic RepublicCongo RepublicCook IslandsCosta RicaCote dIvoire Ivory CoastCroatiaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEast TimorEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEnglandEquatorial GuineaEritreaEspanaEstoniaEthiopiaFalkland-IslandsFaroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaFrench Southern TerritoriesGabonGambiaGeorgia RepublicGermanyGhanaGibraltarGreat BritainGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupeGuamGuatemalaGuineaGuinea BissauGuyanaHaitiHeard & Mc Donald IslandsHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIranIreland EireIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKorea SouthKorea RepublicKuwaitKyrgyzstanLao Democratic RepublicLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacaoMac

edonia RepublicMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesia Federated StatesMoldova RepublicMonacoMongoliaMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherl

andsNetherlands AntillesNew CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorthern IrelandNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanPakistanPaluaPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPitcairn IslandPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarReunionRomaniaRussiaRussian FederationRwandaSaint HelenaSaint Kitts & NevisSaint LuciaSaint Pierre & MiquelonSaint Vincent & GrenadinesSamoa IndependentSan MarinoSao Tome & PrincipeSaudi ArabiaScotlandSenegalSerbia Montenegro YugoslaviaSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovak Republic SlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth Georgia Sandwich IslandsSouth KoreaSpainSri LankaSudanSurinameSvalbard & Jan Mayen IslandsSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandSyrian Arab Republic SyriaTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTogoTokelauTongaTrinidadTrinidad & TobagoTristan da CunhaTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks & Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited KingdomUnited StatesUruguayUS Virgin IslandsUzbekistanVanuatuVatican CityVenezuelaVietnamWalesWallis & Futuna IslandsWestern SamoaYemenZambiaZimbabwe

address_status: confirmed unconfirmed

payer_email:

payer_id:

payer_status: verified unverified intl_verified intl_unverified

payment_type: echeck instant

notify_version:

verify_sign:

thus would like to find the definitions, if they are somewhere, else i will just create them.

Hi,

I'm performing a new install of 2.6a, and have a question regarding step 2 which reads:

Copy the following files from this contribution to their respective locations (these are all new).

catalog/info_paypal.php

catalog/ipn.php

The file I downloaded doesn't have catalog/info_paypal.php but instead it has: popup_paypal.php

Am I missing a file, or as that part of the installation instructions out of date?

Thanks

c

John,

I read through the instructions, and did a search for "popup_paypal.php", but I didn't find any mention of that file, or mention of why I info_paypal.php is missing from the file I downloaded.

thank you for your quick response.

c

whoops, I just caught the text on the download page that reads "

v2.6 users can just copy over the contrib files, however catalog/info_paypal.php has now been renamed to popup_paypal.php for STS compatibility

thanks

c

Two Questions about the Paypal IPN Module:

1) What should be under the "Digest Key" in the Paypal Admin config?

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN or my "Payment Data Transfer Token key" from paypal or something else????

2) What should I set my "Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:" to? because I'm not receiving IPNs from paypal when I look under my admin/customers/paypal ipns section!!

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

So here is what debug gave me and when I run it I can get the IPN but when I complete payment through paypal nothing...

Test Complete!

------------------------------------------------------

Debug

Original Post

[email protected]

[email protected]

verify_sign=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN-TEST_TRANSACTION-00000000000000

payment_date=17:28:13 Aug 15, 2004 PDT

digest_key=9649d3edc68b63f177143a965fade074

first_name=John

last_name=Doe

payer_business_name=ACME Inc.

payer_email=root@localhost

payer_id=PAYERID000000

payer_status=verified

invoice=

address_name=John Doe

address_street=1 Way Street

address_city=NeverNever

address_state=CA

address_zip=12345

address_country=United States

address_status=confirmed

payment_type=instant

txn_type=cart

custom=cdd1dec50d401aa5b0bfa9087f7d9e87

txn_id=PAYPAL00000000000

num_cart_items=cdd1dec50d401aa5b0bfa9087f7d9e87

notify_version=1.6

memo=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN TEST

mc_currency=USD

mc_gross=350.34

mc_fee=0.01

settle_amount=0.00

settle_currency=

exchange_rate=0.00

payment_status=Completed

pending_reason=

reason_code=

submit=Test IPN

Reconstructed Post

cmd=_notify-validate

business=info%40homewetbar.com

receiver_email=info%40homewetbar.com

verify_sign=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN-TEST_TRANSACTION-00000000000000

payment_date=17%3A28%3A13+Aug+15%2C+2004+PDT

digest_key=9649d3edc68b63f177143a965fade074

first_name=John

last_name=Doe

payer_business_name=ACME+Inc.

payer_email=root%40localhost

payer_id=PAYERID000000

payer_status=verified

invoice=

address_name=John+Doe

address_street=1+Way+Street

address_city=NeverNever

address_state=CA

address_zip=12345

address_country=United+States

address_status=confirmed

payment_type=instant

txn_type=cart

custom=cdd1dec50d401aa5b0bfa9087f7d9e87

txn_id=PAYPAL00000000000

num_cart_items=cdd1dec50d401aa5b0bfa9087f7d9e87

notify_version=1.6

memo=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN+TEST

mc_currency=USD

mc_gross=350.34

mc_fee=0.01

settle_amount=0.00

settle_currency=

exchange_rate=0.00

payment_status=Completed

pending_reason=

reason_code=

submit=Test+IPN

Invalid PayPal Response

Connection Type

curl= 1, socket= , domain= www.sandbox.paypal.com, port=

PayPal Response

INVALID

Email and Business ID config

Store Configuration Settings

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]

Business ID: [email protected]

PayPal Configuration Settings

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]

Business ID: [email protected]

IPN INSERTED

IPN 4 has been inserted

My paypal account is setup for business and here are some of my other sandbox settings:

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://www.homewetbar.com/shopping/ipn.php

Return URL:

http://www.homewetbar.com/shopping/checkout_success.php

Payment Data Transfer :

Set to "Off"

I've been wrecking my brain for hours, paypal seems to get the info but I can't get an IPN back from them. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

BIG Thanks in advance!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Homewetbar,

I just figured out a few days ago that in test mode for PayPal (ie. "Cart Test" = true, "Use sandbox.com", etc.), you don't seem to get IPN data back from PayPal when you make your transaction. Nor does PayPal send you any emails, nor do you get emails from osC. Also Greg said that under test mode the "INVALID RESPONSE" in your test file is normal.

So to find this out I read the first 20 pages of this this thread last night. :D So today I turned off all the test settings in my PayPal setup in admin (live now) and the IPN data works perfectly so far as I can tell. I setup a .10 product so I don't go broke testing it.

Hope this helps! Anyone, let me know if I'm wrong here. :)

PS. The thing about PayPal that bugs me is all the restrictions they have regarding "There's already an email address that exists in another account.", etc. a few message that really bug me and make me think that PayPal is going to frustrate some potential buyers. We'll see... Or NOT see is more like it. :D

Question:

I want to change this line in catalog/includes/languages/english/module/payment/paypal.php from:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal'); //Do not change!!!

To:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card or PayPal'); //Do not change!!!

But I noticed the comment "Do not change!!" :) Luckily.

So I did a "grep" on all the files for "paypal" and for 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE' to see if I could determine what would be effected if I changed it. But the word "paypal" is assigned in a lot of places, almost like it's "hard-coded" instead of using the variable, and 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE' is not in as many places. But I'm still not sure what mods I'd have to make.

Has anyone changed this successfully (correctly)? What places need to be changes?

Also I forgot to mention... When the user gets to the payment screen, I want the "PayPal" payment option to be selected by default when they see this screen. Currently none of the options are selected.

I tried to find the code to change but I'm lost. It's probably a simple matter of tweaking a setting to "checked = true" or something but I just can't find it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by ChrisW123

John, I'm assuming that the PayPal IPN Manual may be appropiate?

homewetbar, you do have your Primary Email and Business ID configured, note that this will probably need to adjusted for when using the Sandbox, I say probably because earlier I did a sandbox test purchase from your store and noted the real looking email addresses, unfortunately I could seem to determine what your Primary Email address might be because it seemed you've also configured the 'Customer Service' address too.

Posting the debug email for a real or rather Sandbox transaction would be more useful, note however, if I can recall, that in such cases, eg. to at least get the debug email when purchasing via PayPal or their Sandbox, is that you must have the Primary and Business ID fields correctly configured - I'll make a note to try and resolve this level of debug.

ChrisW123, in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php change

'payment_method' => $order->info['payment_method'],
to
'payment_method' => 'PayPal',
For your last post not sure if that is immediately configurable without having to revise either osC's classes/payment.php or catalog/checkout_payment.php.

Although if not having any other payment module it will be immediately selected, maybe this/that (code at least) will help.

i am returning to comment for, hopefullly, the last time. after seeing the frustrations these many business people have had trying to work in a php environment that they have not had, and should not expect to have to gain, much experience; i suggested on 4-7 jul that a working, clean, installation download be provided for them (and me). after being confronted by someone with the denotation/connotation of the symantics of the use of "should" and my attendant lack of humility in the face of greg's great contribution; i was daunted by this person's lack of a careful read of my ample praise of all the yeoman effort greg has put into shepherding this contribution through the many pitfalls.

then i was confronted by a pico-manager of the internet bandwidth that presumed, from his apparent lack of technical knowledge, that my suggestion of an extra 40KB being transmitted with the contribution was going to be exorbitantly expensive. i promptly offered one of my servers to handle the extra couple of seconds per month of processing/transmission time. thus far there have been no takers.

except for greg! even though, in an unrelated post, he seemed to express mis-givings about the approach; in his release 2.6 on 14 jul he included a "misc" directory in the distribution that provides the necessary files to copy straight over the basic installation to get an instantly working copy of osc/ipn. voila!

hopefully the lead-in paragraph(s) of all future updates and the installation page itself will strongly stress this in layman's terms so that people will not miss what is available -- as two private msgs have led me to believe is happening.

so, after all this, what am i really suggesting? these are my thoughts:

1.) make the "misc" directory cumulative. i discovered that the changed file list omitted a file that had been changed and the changes had been subsequently abandonded. this was my fault for not going back through umpteen versions to discover this; but a cumulative update would have made this essentially, wasteful time-burning unnecessary. collaterally, i am not sure why there always seems to be mysql snippets not included in the sql run -- are they of an erratum/addendum nature or what? these really belong in the sql file covering everyone.

2.) continue on the laudable dis-integration of ipn code from main-stream code so that the only lines of code outside the ipn directories are "includes" or calling routines.

3.) enlist the legion of people with other contributions that have been inordinately assisted in their own integration efforts to provide copies of their successfully operating results. i see many people going on for days and then they disappear. obviously some of these people got their integration working and their success would -- and should (there is that word, again) -- benefit everyone; but i have yet to see such an example.

4.) i realize that fora are meant to be the ultimate dissemination vehicle and, for the most part, they serve their purpose well. one thing i do notice is that this threadless version often gets cluttered with back-and-forths while working on a very specific problem that may take several postings to get resolved. perhaps pm's would better serve this effort and then have the resultant solution itself posted without all the in interim clutter.

i can have no higher praise for this contribution than to say that when it attains stand-alone stability it is a must-have for the paypal module of osc. i use "stability" in light of the somewhat moving target paypal itself presents and do not suppose that it can ever remain static.

greg has obviously continued in this project as a labor of love since otherwise it could be regarded as nothing if not a yoke of poverty. with all the time and effort he has devoted to it, it seems inescapable that he is financially unrewarded.

thank you, greg, and i hope you accept my suggestions as they have ingenuously been offered.

johann

Can someone help me please

First of all there is no payment method in my payment page(user site)

and also i am getting these error messages

1- 1054 - Unknown column 'paypal_ipn_id' in 'field list'

select paypal_ipn_id from orders where orders_id ='2'

2- when trying to see order in history in my accounts

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_id' in 'field list'

select products_options_id, products_options_values_id, products_options, products_options_values, options_values_price, price_prefix from orders_products_attributes where orders_id = '2' and orders_products_id = '2'

3- in admin page when i click on orders

1054 - Unknown column 'o.paypal_ipn_id' in 'on clause'

select p.payment_status from paypal p left join orders o on p.paypal_ipn_id = o.paypal_ipn_id where o.orders_id ='2'

4- in admin area when click on paypal ipn

1054 - Unknown column 'o.paypal_ipn_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from paypal as p left join orders as o on p.paypal_ipn_id=o.paypal_ipn_id

5- when i click on any order this message will comes up

1054 - Unknown column 'paypal_ipn_id' in 'field list'

select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified, paypal_ipn_id from orders where orders_id = '2'

i am 100% sure that i added the fields to the database and i follow the instruction step by step and double check everything(maybe not) any way but i don't know why it doesn't work

can any one help me please