[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old paypal filename cannot end with '.php' rename it to '.php.bak'

Thanks for the prompt reply

I normally rename my files like this n_0224_paypal.php . I renamed it to n_0224_paypal.php.bak. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by kenshin

Hi everybody, i just installed the latest module (i think it is anyway - osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1)

and everything works fine, EXCEPT i get no IPN emails. I get the return, etc. Customer gets email as well.

I have followed all the instructions to a tee, i understand i don't have to turn on IPN from paypal itself right? I also have secure transactions turned of in the module.

I also read that nobody was getting IPNs until recently, but now they have "come back" correct?

Thanks for any input guys!!!!!!

Unfortunately, no. At least with my experience anyway. I, too, am able to go through the entire checkout process via PayPal and the funds are transferred, but no PayPal Transaction Information is passed back to my site (ie - there are no details in admin-->PayPal IPN). I've been using both modules (the devosc one and osC's official release) on several sites over the past week, and both are experiencing the same problem. So it is definitely a PayPal issue - at least in their sandbox environment - not sure how things work in live mode.

So back to the IPN notification - email confirmations are not sent out, and when the customer is returned to my site, the item they just bought is still in their shopping cart, as though the transaction never happened. So, in summary, the transfer of funds happens successfully, but PayPal isn't "telling" the store that the transaction occurred. Hopefully they will iron out their problems soon.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

Hi Scott,

Unless your able to handle migrating your existing paypal database tables I would suggest a fresh installation.

I just uploaded PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0.tar.gz which is below the 300KB file size limit.

Hi again. i am testing PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0.tar.gz after i made the payments in my sandbox.paypal account I got this message when it went back to my site "Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/domain/public_html/checkout_success.php on line 41 "

What could have cause this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by kenshin

Unfortunately, no. At least with my experience anyway. I, too, am able to go through the entire checkout process via PayPal and the funds are transferred, but no PayPal Transaction Information is passed back to my site (ie - there are no details in admin-->PayPal IPN). I've been using both modules (the devosc one and osC's official release) on several sites over the past week, and both are experiencing the same problem. So it is definitely a PayPal issue - at least in their sandbox environment - not sure how things work in live mode.

So back to the IPN notification - email confirmations are not sent out, and when the customer is returned to my site, the item they just bought is still in their shopping cart, as though the transaction never happened. So, in summary, the transfer of funds happens successfully, but PayPal isn't "telling" the store that the transaction occurred. Hopefully they will iron out their problems soon.

Right, i don't know what is going on. But i tell you, paypal, 2checkout, those companies suck at this. Wow i dont know if i'll ever get my store up. BTW i am running live...

What about this as a solution - simply look in your store admin or paypal account to see what orders have been placed?

PayPal is returning IPNs but they are delayed, not Instant as they should be. PayPal is getting a lot of complaints about this. Hopefully they will get it fixed.

Mine have been taking about an hour.

Rik Rasmussen

PayPal is returning IPNs but they are delayed, not Instant as they should be. PayPal is getting a lot of complaints about this. Hopefully they will get it fixed.

Mine have been taking about an hour.

I've experienced this as well today. Let me ask you this, though, Rik: Is the order confirmation email being sent out when the IPN finally goes through? Or is it being sent right after the order has been completed, as it should? Or, as in my case some of the times, are you not receiving the confirmation email at all, even though the delayed IPN goes through?

BTW - I wouldn't turn on the 'send debug emails' option until PayPal corrects things - I turned it on and received 3 emails for every order I attempted per minute!! I came home tonight and had like 450 debug emails. As you can probably guess, I went and turned off the feature :-)

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

I get the Paypal emails immediately when the customer pays.

I am using the osC Paypal module. I do not get debug emails. They must be sent by your Paypal contribution, not PayPal.

Rik Rasmussen

Really? Yet another reason why I should give the osC paypal contrib. more effort than what I've done already. Maybe you can help me figure out why I'm getting errors. What follows is my configuration settings in the admin:

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Aggregate

Page Style

cxdixxxxx

Debug E-Mail Address

not set

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True

Your Private Key

/home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/pp/myprivate_key.key

Your Public Certificate

/home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/pp/mypublic_cert.crt

PayPals Public Certificate

/home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/pp/paypal_cert_pem.txt

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

3VZ6BWXXXXXX

Working Directory

/home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/temp

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

And these are the errors I get when landing on the checkout_confirmation.php page:

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign(): error getting private key in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 356

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/temp/599265-1-signed.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 361

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

This forum is not for supporting the osC PayPal IPN.

The reason I am here is to share common PayPal problems. I am not recommending either contrib over another.

Support for the osC IPN is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=124298&hl=ipn

Rik Rasmussen

Stock levels are currently only subtracted once a 'Completed' IPN has been received from PayPal, e.g. the store owner has received the money into their account. So for eChecks or any other 'Pending' type of payment the stock levels currently will not be subtracted untill the final 'Completed' notification has been seen.

It should be possible to have a configurable option in the admin that will allow you to choose whether to automatically update the stock levels if a Pending IPN has been received, then once the Completed IPN is receieved to then just update the order status and send out the customer order notifications.... I'll try and look into but it might be a while.....

There is no difference in processing an IPN / Payment received from either PayPal domain (www.paypal.com or www.sandbox.paypal.com) as far as I recall right now the only thing that would make a difference as to whether stock levels are subtracted or not is dependent on the Payment Status (Pending, Failed, Completed) as mentioned above.

confuxion, it would be better if contribution specific questions where asked in the right thread (there are reasons for this beyond my controll), however in regard to the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN contribution I would first suggest that you try a test transaction via the contributions IPN Test Panel, the PPSCIPN contrib handles errors differently and this will cause PayPal to resend IPN and thus you will receive a debug email per notification, so an error on your site might be causing the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN contribution to respond to PayPal such that PayPal will continue to retry untill successful (or according to PayPal for 4 days). This contribution is completly different from the other one.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for the tips, devosc. Might I add that I think your contribution is excellent and any attrition that may have been reflected in my previous posts is solely because of my belief that things are screwed up on PayPal's end, not with this contrib. I am convinced of this now, after pouring through the paypaldev forums and finding that there are tons of other currently experiencing the same problems I am.

As for there being possible errors in my code that could be causing these problems, I would think that this is impossible b/c I haven't made any changes to the files involved. Quite simply, one day I could check out w/ paypal and receive ipn's and confirmation emails immediately; the next day, I could not; and now, I receive the ipn's hours after the transaction takes place.

Thanks again for your help and I'll jump over to the correct forum to post future issues.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

Hi

I installed Paypal IPN and purchase without account contribution. Eyerything seems to work fine except when a customer did not sign up an account and opted payment by Paypal the order details email did not reflect delivery address and billing address. Otherwise everything works fine. Is there a solution to this problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by akkinmore

Hi

I installed Paypal IPN and purchase without account contribution. Eyerything seems to work fine except when a customer did not sign up an account and opted payment by Paypal the order details email did not reflect delivery address and billing address (blank). Otherwise everything works fine. Is there a solution to this problem?

It seems that, the followings are not working

tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendTo, 0, '', "\n") and

tep_address_label($customer_id, $billTo, 0, '', "\n")

Edited by akkinmore

Hi

I installed Paypal IPN and purchase without account contribution. Eyerything seems to work fine except when a customer did not sign up an account and opted payment by Paypal the order details email did not reflect delivery address and billing address (blank). Otherwise everything works fine. Is there a solution to this problem?

It seems that, the followings are not working

tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendTo, 0, '', "\n") and

tep_address_label($customer_id, $billTo, 0, '', "\n")

akkinmore - I know it's no consolation, but I am experiencing the exact same problem as you. A co-worker and I are currently working on a fix for this, though, and I'll post the solution as soon as it's done.

Kind of a seperate question for you: Are you receiving order confirmation emails right after you complete the order? Or are you not receiving them until the PayPal transaction details for the IPN actually go through (and are visible in your admin section under "PayPal IPN")? Just curious.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

Thanks Greg,

Another question. I upgraded the IPN from 2.4 to 3.0. Do I remove the paypal_payment_status table from the database? I could not find any information in the sql script or change logs. There is no installation for it in the sql script so it appears it is not needed. Only one database script in the tar.gz package.

Thanks again,

Alan :)

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Hi confuxion,

There is some problems with Paypal recently. My customer did not receive any order details emal until the PayPal transaction details for the IPN actually went through.

Hope you can solve the problem. :rolleyes:

I should have a fix for the email details issue, but, unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to address PayPal's IPN delay issue. There are numerous complaints about this issue on paypaldev.org. One thing I'm trying to ascertain is whether the IPN delay issue exists when using paypal's live environment, or if it's just exclusive to their sandbox environment.

Regardless, I don't think "IPN" stands for Instant Payment Notification anymore; it stands for Imminent PayPal Nightmare. Yeah, I know, that's was pretty cheesy. :P

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

Have a look in the misc dir of the v2.6a download, there are notes about about PWA email integration.

Alan, yeah that table is no longer needed and can be dropped. The only tables used now by the current version are paypal, paypal_auction and paypal_payment_status_history.

In regards to the delays that PayPal are incurring; Something that I keep pestering PayPal about is the ability for us to be able to query with PayPal whether a particular invoice has been paid, and something like that may even help in situations when there are delays. In my experience, I suspect that PayPal sends the IPN at the same as when PayPal themselves send their official invoice...... anyhow if you are really bugged by the current delays why not in checkout_success.php put in the main body a statement similiar to the below:

<?php if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
  echo 'Thankyou for your PayPal purchase, due to current technical difficulties PayPal payment notifications are currently experiencing delays. You can login into your PayPal account to verify the details of your transaction and once we have received notification we will process your order accordingly.';
  } ?>

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Good call, devosc, thanks for the idea. I'm going to snag that very chunk of code if you don't mind.

It's funny - in paypaldev.org, I haven't seen many threads about this delay problem in the live environment; it seems only to be a major issue in the sandbox.

It might also be pertinent to note that, if you're on the east coast, you might want to set your Time Zone settings in the Profile section of both the personal and business accounts to GMT. Otherwise, the delay that already exists will take 3 hours longer. That's been my experience anyway.

Thanks again devosc.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

I switched from Sandbox to live today and IPNs are "I"PNs. I am not getting the one hour delay I was getting in the sandbox. PayPal says there should be no difference. Time will tell.

Rik Rasmussen

Can some one explain why I am getting blanks in the text above my fields for PalPal IPN

Think I've tried everything to fix this.

Vesion:

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0a

Driving me nucking futs :)

Screenshot

pp.gif

Thanks!