• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Well Guys, I have a silly question for you all.

After you followed all of devosc advice and made changes to your files, did you uninstall and then reinstall the paypal module in admin?

This seems to be a painful but necessary step with any module.

Thanks Greg for all your efforts.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you has all for your answer.

Voila the last thing(matter) which I would like to know PLEASE.

I have to have same function(office) when I am in mode Of PayPal Sandbox.

I I am only in this mode

Thank you for all.

And once again sadden for my Englishman

IEUFLR2000

I'm using the PayPal IPN 2.8 module.

I have the module installed and enabled. I set the settings to use my paypal sandbox account. It shows up as a payment option when a user tries to purchase, but the user is never redirected to payal (order goes through as if paid).

Can someone first of all tell me where to find the code that is supposed to redirect the user to PayPal? I've been looking for two days.

Also, has anyone encountered this before and have any hints for me?

Forget sand box with with this module. Just change the admin settings that Greg said. You then click on test ipn in admin to run the test (that is why the additional files are there under catalog/module/paypal). Make sure that the currency and value matches the test order that you made (ie when you go to paypal and then go no further).

I'm using the PayPal IPN 2.8 module.

Well I would suggest that use the V3.0 module and then look at the other posts on this thread.

Personally, I found that sandbox was a waste of time. You had to have everything set up as though you were not using sandbox, and any deviation meant that you were not really testing for live customers.

Forget sand box with with this module. Just change the admin settings that Greg said.  You then click on test ipn in admin to run the test (that is why the additional files are there under catalog/module/paypal).  Make sure that the currency and value matches the test order that you made (ie when you go to paypal and then go no further).

This isn't helpful. My problem is that I don't get redirected to paypal at all when I make a purchase. Therefore I cannot place a test order. (This happens regardless of whether I choose sandbox or regular site in PayPal Module).

The reason I'm using 2.8 is because it comes pre-loaded with CRE Loaded. I want to stick with this one because at least I know that the problem is not something that I did. It must be "installed" properly. I've only changed the graphics and look of the site.

The reason I'd like to use the sandbox is that I don't have a PayPal merchant account yet and I'd like to test it before I sign up.

I've tried using POST instead of GET and that didn't make a difference. I know the originator of this module is obviously quite busy - does anyone else know if anyone else has experience and understanding of this module?

As an Australian business, this is the only module available that we can work with.

Hi Sammy T

I am also an Australian business. You can also use PayMate, Australian Bank Transfer, cheque/money order, COD, local delivery (have not put the last two into my site yet).

This isn't helpful.  My problem is that I don't get redirected to paypal at all when I make a purchase.  Therefore I cannot place a test order.  (This happens regardless of whether I choose sandbox or regular site in PayPal Module).

The reason I'm using 2.8 is because it comes pre-loaded with CRE Loaded.  I want to stick with this one because at least I know that the problem is not something that I did.  It must be "installed" properly.  I've only changed the graphics and look of the site.

The reason I'd like to use the sandbox is that I don't have a PayPal merchant account yet and I'd like to test it before I sign up.

Sorry, not familiar with V 2.8, or CRE loaded, mine is a new osc site. It does not cost anything to sign up with Paypal as a business account. Why not do it and follow Gregory's (devosc) test instuctions on this thread? I found it invaluable and saved it as text file for future reference.

I have many options for Australian customers, I need one for Americans, UKers etc

Paymate doesn't send the amounts over in US dollars, regardless of whether you select it or not. Paymate also charges a fee to the buyer and seller - it is EXPENSIVE in comparison to Pay Pal.

Pay Pal is also more recognised and it's easier to refund when necessary - Paymate is NO GOOD that way.

Paymate also doesn't always add the order to the store, so you get a payment and find there is no order.. so you have no idea what the person actually ordered!

I have many options for Australian customers, I need one for Americans, UKers etc

Paymate doesn't send the amounts over in US dollars, regardless of whether you select it or not. Paymate also charges a fee to the buyer and seller - it is EXPENSIVE in comparison to Pay Pal.

Pay Pal is also more recognised and it's easier to refund when necessary - Paymate is NO GOOD that way.

Paymate also doesn't always add the order to the store, so you get a payment and find there is no order.. so you have no idea what the person actually ordered!

Hi Samy T

I understand where you are coming from.

My os customers still pay via paypal but order via e-mail. This does not matter to us, we still get orders (but not enough).

I have offered the other options as an alternative payment method, and as such, paymate is still an alternative payment method (ie paypal is not the only option available). I don't really know about the actual costs involved with paymate vs paypal, it is irrelevant to me because I just want to get orders.

This matter may be better discussed on a new thread and may induce some competition. For me, one advatage of using paymate is that it gives us the option of absorbing the buyers costs associated with using paymate.

Hope you get your paypal module working.

Do you only sell in Australian dollars? If not, how do you get paymate to work with USD?

Unfortunately, with an affiliate program paying 10% to those who send us customers, paymate taking another few dollars out of every SMALL order is not viable. Fees on larger orders are, of course, even more ridiculous.

Not being able to add a handling fee to the paymate module doesn't help either.

Thanks for the good wishes, I hope I do too. If only I understood the code enough to know where to actually look for the errors. I can't work out what would need to be different about my setup for this to not work for me while it works perfectly for others.

Sorry, not familiar with V 2.8, or CRE loaded, mine is a new osc site. It does not cost anything to sign up with Paypal as a business account. Why not do it and follow Gregory's (devosc) test instuctions on this thread? I found it invaluable and saved it as text file for future reference.

I would be happy to use that testing method, or any testing method, using either real or sandbox account. But none of that is going to work if my site just skips over paypal completely and doesn't even try to use it.

My problem is simpler than all that. Under what conditions does the PayPal module just skip sending the customer to PayPal's site? If I could find the code that did this then I could find out for myself. But there are dozens of php files with "payment", "paypal", and "order" in their names scattered all over the place. I need direction.

Do you only sell in Australian dollars? If not, how do you get paymate to work with USD?

Unfortunately, with an affiliate program paying 10% to those who send us customers, paymate taking another few dollars out of every SMALL order is not viable. Fees on larger orders are, of course, even more ridiculous.

Not being able to add a handling fee to the paymate module doesn't help either.

Thanks for the good wishes, I hope I do too. If only I understood the code enough to know where to actually look for the errors. I can't work out what would need to be different about my setup for this to not work for me while it works perfectly for others.

Hi Samy T

I have set paymate to work with AUD, and paypate to work with USD. However, I have many currencies enabled on my site. Any (I hope) customer can view the prices in their loacl currency ( to me, it makes more sense). If somebody views my site from outside of Oz, I add that currency as an option. (get the country of origin from webaliser)

I am a user, not a programmer.

You can set your handling fee in Admin, cannot remeber exactly here at the moment (but I think it is in shipping).

I am only using Australia Post as a shipping optioin at the moment. and have only installed those options by various neans.

At the moment, I need to go to bed so that I can go to my real job in a few hours (and too many De Bortioli Cab Merlots).

Send me a PM if to discuss further. on Fridaty and the Weekend).

I would be happy to use that testing method, or any testing method, using either real or sandbox account.  But none of that is going to work if my site just skips over paypal completely and doesn't even try to use it.

My problem is simpler than all that.  Under what conditions does the PayPal module just skip sending the customer to PayPal's site?  If I could find the code that did this then I could find out for myself.  But there are dozens of php files with "payment", "paypal", and "order" in their names scattered all over the place.  I need direction.

I am about to sign out, but, follow the steps provided by devosc (he does not mention sandbox as a testing method).

If you do not get to the stage of using paypal as a payment option, have you installed it proprely? Have you set up a paypal business accoun?

Does paypal come up in your payment options in Admin?

I am going off line and will be back tomorrow night (gmt +10)

I am about to sign out, but, follow the steps provided by devosc (he does not mention sandbox as a testing method).

If you do not get to the stage of using paypal as a payment option, have you installed it proprely? Have you set up a paypal business accoun?

Does paypal come up in your payment options in Admin?

I am going off line and will be back tomorrow night (gmt +10)

I get the option of using paypal as a payment method during checkout. But nothing happens when I continue, it just goes straight to order confirmation. I don't even know at which point it is SUPPOSED to send me to paypal.

I didn't install it myself. It came installed with CRE loaded. I assume the did it correctly, or else a billion other people would have posted messages about it before.

I've only set up a sandbox paypal business account, but as far as OScommerce it concerned it should be identical to a real one.

Thanks for you help so far. If anyone else has any input, that would also be appreciated.

I expect Devosc is the only person with this answer at the tip of his fingers..... But..

I did all my testing on the site in a sub dir off my server.

www.domain.com/catalog

Now I've moved the install to

shop.domain.com/

Somehow in this process it woudl appear IPN has been broken. No big drama so I've been running with it not working. Spent some time today trying to suss out what is happening and found that when I Edit my PayPal_IPN settings the link to "IPN Test Panel" points to:

http://www.domain.com/catalog/admin/paypal.php?action=itp

To me this implies that somewhere I've got to change a pointer to the correct location. Where on earth are these pointers stashed?

Thanks

A.

wfnet you need to find a support thread for your version of oscommerce, this thread is for a SPECIFIC module which you don't even seem to have installed. I don't think you will get the help you need here as it's nothing to do with your version.

HI

I have just finish installing the IPN for paypal and found its great. It was also good to find the fix to the problem of No amount being uploaded to Paypal.

I do however have a problem with my Catalog/admin/orders.php.

I put all the mods in by pasting them from the check sheet. to remove the unwanted code I just marked it out using // at the start of the line so i did not delete anything.

All the mods worked in this file except one. Its the mod on line 173. shown below.

catalog/admin/orders.php (line 173)

Find:

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

Replace with:

<?php

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal') {

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/admin/TransactionSummaryLogs.inc.php');

} else {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}//else not paypal

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

This is how it apears in my file

//<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

//<tr>

//<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>

//<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>

//</tr>

//<?php

<?php

begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal') {

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/admin/TransactionSummaryLogs.inc.php');

} else {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}//else not paypal

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

When I try to look at orders in the Admin>Customers>orders I just get a blank page.

Can one of you wizzards help with this.

Is it something I have done or not done. or have I copied it wrong. Without the new code and keeping the old code everything seems to be working fine.

I do have another question not directly related but you are bond to know the answer. Should I be getting e-mails every time a customer places an order?

I not at this time!

Thanks for your help

Could my issue have anything to do with the settings IN pay pal itself?

Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
Instant Payment Notification integrates PayPal payment notification and authentication with your website's back-end operations. Check this box to activate Instant Payment Notification, and enter the URL at which you will receive the payment notifications below. This URL should be a URL which you own and at which you receive HTML posts.

Could it have something to do with the way this is set?

Hi,

First of all, I searched but couldn't find the solution. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

I have been using this contrib since a long time now. I haven't faced any problem, but today one of my customers paid the amount and I got the confirmation from Paypal, but didn't get any notification from my store (generally I get 2). Moreover the status of the order didn't change to "Processing" from "Pending". Last thing I modified was Ultimate SEO URLs and Guest Reviews. I don't think they have created any problem, but can someone let me know what file(s) or segment of code responsible for updating the order status and sending the emails to the admin.

I also have another question, when I provide Gift Vouchers or Discount Coupons to my customers and sometimes they are 10 - 15 cents less than the order's total. I manualy change the order's status to "Processing" (which is fine with me), but the problem is that, the item(s) sold are not listed in the best sellers.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with these problems. Thanks in advance.

wfnet you need to find a support thread for your version of oscommerce, this thread is for a SPECIFIC module which you don't even seem to have installed. I don't think you will get the help you need here as it's nothing to do with your version.

My question is solely about the Paypal IPN module. My question is in the proper place.

All I want is for someone to direct me to where in the code the user gets redirected to PayPal's site so I can debug my own problem.

My guess is that it is at line 36 of the catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal.php

which reads

$this->form_paypal_url = 'https://' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DOMAIN . '/cgi-bin/webscr';

This file should have overwritten the original paypal.php file in step 2 of the install instructions.

G'day Adam, hope you find a solution as this is exactly what is happening to me!

Make that Three! I have the same issue, no Paypal IPN info inserted in the order, shows Pending, Paypal account shows the transaction OK. I have made NO site changes in the time frame of this starting to happen, so I'm wondering if Paypal made a code change?