• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

hmmm

my credit card total w/ authorize.net is fine... but the PayPal amount is different. I think you hit it on the nose tho...

now to figure it out...

PayPal IPN and CCGV - Two great tastes that taste great together

I have Greg's PayPal IPN and Strider's CCGV working great together. I just tested it using:

1. Gift Voucher: Check

2. Discount Coupon: Check

3. Gift Voucher and Discount Coupon: Check

There is also a bug report about checkout_process.php's logic. You can see this here: Error in checkout_process.php's logic 

The fix for the above code is here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...10entry333815

The only thing that I can see might give people an issue is with the sort order of the order totals module. That is the fix for 85% of questions Strider gets asked about order totals.

Make sure they are set up as follows (Your numbers may vary, but make sure they are in this order):

1. Shipping

2. Discount Coupons

3. Gift Vouchers

4. Sub-Total

5. Tax

6. Total

1. Shipping is static - You want this for the total of the order, nat after discounts/Gift certs are applied.

2. Discount Coupons - You want discounts to be applied before gift certificates, not after.

3. You want their gift certificates taken off after you apply shipping and a discount.

4. Sub total - When placed here, You get the true subtotal of everything. This is the number passed to PayPal or your CC processor.

5. Tax - You want tax applied to the subtotal.

6. Total - This is the total price you pay.

PayPal IPN sends the shipping total and the sub-total to PayPal. Its not that it's sending the incorrect amount to PayPal, but you may not have the correct sort order.

There is also an issue with these modules both calling the order module. To fix this, do this:

In \catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal\checkout_process.php find:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules = new order_total;

Change that to:

if(!class_exists('order_total')) {
 include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;
}

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Noel

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modules Sort Order Action

Discount Coupons 10 Info

Gift Vouchers 200 Info

Low Order Fee Info

Shipping 100 Info

Sub-Total 1 Info

Tax

Total 900 Info

You know... I disagree with this.

1. Shipping is static - You want this for the total of the order, nat after discounts/Gift certs are applied.

2. Discount Coupons - You want discounts to be applied before gift certificates, not after.

3. You want their gift certificates taken off after you apply shipping and a discount.

4. Sub total - When placed here, You get the true subtotal of everything. This is the number passed to PayPal or your CC processor.

5. Tax - You want tax applied to the subtotal.

6. Total - This is the total price you pay.

1. Subtotal should be first. that's the itemization of your products in card.

2. Discount Coupon. discount should be before tax. otherwise we have to pay tax on a higher amount.

3. tax.

4. Shipping - shipping isn't taxed

5. Gift voucher - same as cash really...

6. Total

So basically I'm really confused as to this whole thing...

Item $200

<$20 or 10% discount>

= $180

x 10% tax ($18)

=$198

+ $10 shipping

= $208

<$50 voucher>

= $158 total (updated total due)

Edited by remixstore

I have (unfortunately) installed this contribution on 4 websites and all have the exact same problems:

Shipping and handling is showing as if they paid it in my asC control panel, but when I check in PayPal, I see that nobody is actually paying any shipping fees. Only the items are being charged for.

Then....sometimes the order is not even visible in my control panel. Usually yes, but sometimes nothing so I can't tell that an order ever occurred unless I go to PayPal. Then when I do go to PayPal any item attributes are not shown, nd their address is not shown so when I lose an order, I can't even go to PayPal's site to find their order and I am stuck emailing the customer to ask what size they ordered and asking them to please pay the shipping.

I read in another post somewhere someone said that 2.9 does not work, and that poster recommended just going back to the old version from Pablo. Anyone care to comment?

I really liked the idea of this contribution and thought it was working great but now I am in headache hell.

Also - on the contribution page there is reference made to "the 3.0 version below" but I don't see any .zip 30 version below as stated...???

"Your focus is your reality"

I have noticed that the PayPal IPN module does not subtract option stock. I am using QTPro v4.0 to track product option/attribute stock. When the customer uses PayPal as the payment method, even if they place the order and come back to our site from PayPal, it only subtracts the overall stock for the product, not the stock for the product attributes as well. Has anyone figured a work-around for this?

-Aaron

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with version 2.9 of this mod. I had version 2.6 running fine but I decided to upgrade and now I'm having several problems.

PROBLEM #1

I can't open the test panel. When I click to open it I get a blank page. I saw that someone else was getting the same problem and the suggestion was to turn the error_reporting on which is what I did without any success. Anyone have any ideas?

PROBLEM #2

When I make a payment through my store I get the debug emails and everything is fine, but when I go to my order admin page I just get a message saying:

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (4fcde2b38bd927b477703f4621e26eeb)

In addition the order doesn't show up in the PayPal IPN page.

Does anyone have any tips so that I can get this wonderful contribution to work again?

Thanks,

Pete

I have noticed that the PayPal IPN module does not subtract option stock. I am using QTPro v4.0 to track product option/attribute stock. When the customer uses PayPal as the payment method, even if they place the order and come back to our site from PayPal, it only subtracts the overall stock for the product, not the stock for the product attributes as well. Has anyone figured a work-around for this?

-Aaron

I was just about to look at this as well - doesn't seem to be working for me either using the new osc paypal ipn

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed Paypal IPN 3.0. When I check out, I see the paypal images under 'payment method' but when I click continue it does nothing with paypal. I am wondering if it was installed correctly or if anyone else has this problem. I do have a business account. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have installed Paypal IPN 3.0. When I check out, I see the paypal images under 'payment method' but when I click continue it does nothing with paypal. I am wondering if it was installed correctly or if anyone else has this problem. I do have a business account. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have installed Paypal IPN 3.0. When I check out, I see the paypal images under 'payment method' but when I click continue it does nothing with paypal. I am wondering if it was installed correctly or if anyone else has this problem. I do have a business account. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you checked out the support thread? If not that would be a good place to start.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi

I have the paypal ipn installed and working great. I have installed the option type feature.

I have been able to get it to work.

The problem I have having is:

I have a text box the user will fill out for a name. When they get to check it is still showing on the order.

If they do COD for the order it will email the order process complete with the name intack.

If they do paypal it takes the name away and puts TEXT in place of the name.

It is also putting TEXT on my invoices.

I have merged my files and have went over them alot of times. Does anyone seen this problem before?

So one has posted a fix for a different ipn below is the fix can some one tell me where I need to do this to this mod.

Ok, Here is the solution I found by JGofGFS so that your order emails and the admin side says the option choices and not just 'TEXT' when checking out with paypal.

in catalog/paypal.ipn (I changed includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php it fixed it)

change this line:

CODE'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'],

to this:

CODE'products_options_values' => $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'],

change this line:

CODE$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

to this:

CODE$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . tep_decode_specialchars($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);

I really hope this helps someone, because the options contrib is really helpful for a lot of folks and the paypal ipn not pulling the info is the only set back.

Good luck.

Pete, there *might* be a varitety of answers to this, I would suggest that you create another fresh installation of osCommerce with this contribution installed, and then make comparisons, one in particular is what is your currency?

Happy New Year.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

okay, somebody please help me.

I searched the whole support board for like two hours hoping to find an answer and I've found nothing.

I just installed IPN and it is off to a good start... but as soon as I get to my checkout_process.php page, it comes up with a page that says, "No input file specified".

That's it. That's all it says.

Please someone tell me how to fix this.

Pete, there *might* be a varitety of answers to this, I would suggest that you create another fresh installation of osCommerce with this contribution installed, and then make comparisons, one in particular is what is your currency?

Happy New Year.

After taking i look i still can't work it out. I am working with GBP.

Is there any chance someone could come and take a look at it to see if they can see whats wrong?

Thanks.

Pete.

Hi,

Just installed this contrib. Everything seemed to go ok but I'm getting the following error when I try and view customer orders in admin.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/lookgr8/public_html/v2/atlantis/includes/classes/order.php on line 118

What could I have done wrong. I used DW to do the changes.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Can you guys please throw some help my way?

Here is my thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=129025

Basically, I just installed the contribution that is "built and maintained" by osCommerce. I'm very much an amateur forced to design his own site.

So far I'm not having much fun with this new contribution....

Also, I'll add that I have "IPN Notification" set to "off" in my paypal account - I heard that's correct.

Please, someone help me I've read everything I coudl find and I'm still lost.

Thanks

JL

please post from about line 110 to 130 for us to see what may be going on.

Hi,

Just installed this contrib. Everything seemed to go ok but I'm getting the following error when I try and view customer orders in admin.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/lookgr8/public_html/v2/atlantis/includes/classes/order.php on line 118

What could I have done wrong. I used DW to do the changes.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi I am tying to remove this contribution from my site.

I have removed all the php stuff from the site now I need to clean up the database.

I have removed the tables that it creates but I dont know what I am suppose to change

ALTER TABLE orders ADD payment_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

Can some let me know what these should be since I am removing

I installed this contribution and it seemed to be running flawlessly even with the ccgv installed. UNTIL...lol i received an order via paypal and it went to an on hold status. I had to click accept and it gave me some odd error (which i will work through) but it changed the status of all my shipped (delivered) orders to cancelled. :( Is there an easier way to change them back other than doing each one individually? There are 900+ orders. I was hoping to find a sql db query that'll do it for me. I was gonna try and figure out my own but that is probably not a good idea. :huh:

thanks

Stayce