The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Hello all.

I installed the ipn 2.9,

setup my paypal sandbox Id's,

config them in the admin.

but then when to the catalog and bang error. >_<

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/XXXXXX.com/httpdocs/catalog/index.php on line 150

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATESTEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/XXXXXX.com/httpdocs/catalog/index.php on line 150

not sure what happened here.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you need to check your files, because you usually get this error in osCommerce when you have installed the same file at two different levels e.g. If you have downloaded and edited the root level index.php, and then you've uploaded it to the includes/languages/english/ level, overwriting the index.php there.  The first file at the root level is called, and then the second file is called, and you get just that error.

Vger

which file would be the problem in, I double checked all the uploaded files.

I just wanted to give everyone an update. My IPN has now started working. I did a few things, which it says are not needed in the instructions, but once I did it, the IPN worked.

First, I synchronized the invoice numbers with the Paypal transaction numbers in the admin.

Second, I turned IPN to ON in my paypal account, and set my page to catalog/admin/paypal.php to receive the information.

Not sure which thing I did to make it work (I guess the 2nd) but it's working now, so I suggest all those who are having trouble to try these things.

To use this new module http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,paypal

do I need to remove all the files added with v2.9 , reverse the changes made to php files and undo changes to the db by paypal.sql before installing the new files?

To use this new module http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,paypal

do I need to remove all the files added with v2.9 , reverse the changes made to php files and undo changes to the db by paypal.sql before installing the new files?

No, this is a totally separate, new module with very easy installation. It will keep the original 2.9 PayPal from showing up during checkout if they are both on.

No files are crossed, no database changes are required!

-Aaron

doesnt effect any core files, takes 3 minutes to install

how does oscommerce's ipn interact with the customer and how does it show up in the admin section?

does anyone have screenshots?

I am only asking this because devosc's paypal ipn has a paypal transaction activity in the order detail page, I was just wondering if the new module does this as well.

if you are talking order detail on paypal nothing changes there. just install it or use wht you have, if u dont like it uninstall it. it doesnt touch the core files.

if you are talking order detail on  paypal nothing changes there.  just install it or use wht you have, if u dont like it uninstall it.  it doesnt touch the core files.

Thanks for your help Mibble. So far I have installed the new IPN from the OsCommerce team (easy) and tested (easy) but have another query. When I attempt to activate the IPN on my Pay Pal account it is asking for the URL at which I will receive the payment notifications. (see screenshot).

What is or where would I look for this URL address?

Thanks for your help Mibble. So far I have installed the new IPN from the OsCommerce team  (easy) and tested (easy) but have another query. When I attempt to activate the IPN on my Pay Pal account it is asking for the URL at which I will receive the payment notifications. (see screenshot).

My appologies help should also be attributed to royalfunk, thanks

HI,

I installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN-Version-2.9 a couple of weeks ago and just started to test it. The payments go through fine and it comes back to the store and says success. But it isn't updating the order status and no Paypal IPN's are showing in the store admin, has anyone got any ideas what may be causing this?

Also this new Paypal IPN that the oscommerce team has brought out, if I was to install it would I have to remove all the code changes I have made for the IPN I installed?

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks for your help Mibble. So far I have installed the new IPN from the OsCommerce team  (easy) and tested (easy) but have another query. When I attempt to activate the IPN on my Pay Pal account it is asking for the URL at which I will receive the payment notifications. (see screenshot).

Am I correct in using the notify URL address line 330 catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php as the URL requested in the PayPal activation in my PayPal account? (see screenshot).

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false);

so the address to enter would be

www.mydomain.com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php'

get it out of your head, the differences between the new osCommerce release and paypal_ipn, they are totally different. if you want to try to integrate them, then fine.

ugh, I am not able to edit my post - I wanted to add that I tried changing the ipn url in the paypal account, from catalog/ipn.php to sethman's suggestion - no changes. Still doesn't work.

I can provide a debug email from osC if needed. I am also getting multiple debug emails for the same transaction.

Installed the PayPal IPN contrib 2.9 from Gregory.. everything went very smooth and worked fine except it took 4-5 minutes for the order to be updated in osCommerce. I got PayPal notifications but no order updates (and of course no download links) then out of nowhere about 5 minutes later it all just happened on it's own.

I think I have the problem solved but I'm not happy with the solution. I activated the IPN and set the return URL to http://www.mysite.com/catalog/admin/paypal.php.

Now things update on-time but this leads me to believe something is hanging then eventually going through (4-5 minutes later). Again, I'm forcing the IPN trigger through PayPal now (and again it's working) but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and what solution they came up with.

I'd like a better solution as I like to have my IPN setting in PayPal free for other things like testing products, etc.

Okay - if its not linked with STS - does anyone know whats going on here?

Okay - I think i've traced the problem but I'm not sure what's needed or not.

It seems like popup_paypal.php is calling:

$page->addCSS('popup_paypal.php?action=css&id=general');

$page->addCSS('popup_paypal.php?action=css&id=stylesheet');

which is from the Page.class.php file - If I comment these out the page comes up.

I can't see any problems with the functions in the Page.class.php file though.

Any ideas or direction here?

I'm also having the same problem with the test IPN panel but my feeling is that they are related.

Mibble has already said this, but it is obviously worth saying in full "Forget about 2.9 - use the new contribution! It's free standing, you can leave the other PayPal mods were they are, just deactivate them, and use the new one - without having to make any changes to the files!"

Vger

Mibble has already said this, but it is obviously worth saying in full "Forget about 2.9 - use the new contribution!  It's free standing, you can leave the other PayPal mods were they are, just deactivate them, and use the new one - without having to make any changes to the files!"

Vger

Can you just confirm that your talking about: osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

Thanks,