• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

It should do both. On the PayPal landing screen you should (if you already have a PayPal cookie on your computer) see your login e-mail address, but also a button above that which says something like 'I am a new customer'. If you click that then (provided you use a different e-mail address to the one/s in your PayPal account) you should be able to just provide an e-mail address and a password and proceed through to the screen where you enter your card details.

Vger

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should do both.  On the PayPal landing screen you should (if you already have a PayPal cookie on your computer) see your login e-mail address, but also a button above that which says something like 'I am a new customer'.  If you click that then (provided you use a different e-mail address to the one/s in your PayPal account) you should be able to just provide an e-mail address and a password and proceed through to the screen where you enter your card details.

Vger

but when i click new account/user i need to enter all the restistration details, inckluding the securety image text, and the new paypal passowrd, meaning like its registering me non the less... would it owuld be perfect, is to enable payments without paypal registration... is that possible?

The only 'registration' details you should have to enter with the PayPal IPN are an e-mail address, password, and then input the text from the text image. This is much more slimline than setting up a PayPal account the old way, with having to enter d.o.b, name, street address, zip/postal code, county/state, country etc (after you've already entered these details in osCommerce to register with the website).

If you want to enable payments without PayPal registration then, if you are in the UK, you need to set up an e-secure account with HSBC, pay an arm and a leg, and tear your hair out for weeks trying to install their module!

Vger

but when i click new account/user i need to enter all the restistration details, inckluding the securety image text, and the new paypal passowrd, meaning like its registering me non the less... would it owuld be perfect, is to enable payments without paypal registration... is that possible?

The only 'registration' details you should have to enter with the PayPal IPN are an e-mail address, password, and then input the text from the text image.  This is much more slimline than setting up a PayPal account the old way, with having to enter d.o.b, name, street address, zip/postal code, county/state, country etc (after you've already entered these details in osCommerce to register with the website).

If you want to enable payments without PayPal registration then, if you are in the UK, you need to set up an e-secure account with HSBC, pay an arm and a leg, and tear your hair out for weeks trying to install their module!

Vger

Yeah, I had a look at the your web site and saw the module... i guess, because this web site is gonne be 70% italian based, people who wona use credit card can be happy wit hthe offer of paypal or nochex... WHAT MORE DO POEPLE WANT! ;) HEHEHEHE

Thanks...

by the way, I am not getting any IPN back, all my test orders are not being updated... i get an email with a message;

Are you trying some testing...?

I dunno what to do, 'cause on live I have a Business account, with my primary and other email addresses (on of which is from my commerce website) but still nothing happens... what Am i doing wrong?

You do have to make sure that your 'Primary' e-mail address with PayPal is the one you are using for the IPN module on your osCommerce website.

If you have your PayPal IPN Module on your website set to run in test mode, you have to make sure that the address it goes to (in that module) is to the PayPal Sandbox, and then you have to sign up to use that Sandbox - two accounts, one for your business and one as a make-believe customer.

Vger

Hello,

I was reading through the general forum, and I came across

this thread

in which a user of the "nochex" credit card processor received an email from a customer stating:

I have recently made an order on your site, it seems my order has been processed

and I appear to have used a credit card to pay.  This is not the case, as you will know

when you check you're financial records.  I do not wish to purchase these products.

It appears you have a flaw with your site in the checkout process.  You must make

sure that the file checkout_process.php is actually is re-directed to from your credit

card processor with a valid indicator representing a successful transaction which you

can test in that file, and in the case of failure redirect to checkout_confirmation.php or

an otherwise appropriate page.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thought you might like to know that the default install

of oscommerce does not address this problem, you must verify that your own site

cannot be abused in this manner.

Does anyone know if Paypal performs the checkout process correctly with oscommerce for successful/unsuccessful transactions, or is a modification needed?

Thanks

c

Hi,

Got a small problem with PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN-Version-2.9

Everything is running ok regarding orders etc etc....

The problem I'm having is that no order total is being transfered to Paypal, so the customer has to manually enter the total amount themselves.

Could someone help me with this please.

Thank you,

Gazza....

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

I just installed the latest version of Paypal IPN and everything works like a charm except that customers are not getting a download link when they are supposed to. I've read through this thread and found a couple replies and tried them but still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I can't keep going into the orders download table and adding the data by hand.

oh yes, the problem is, the orders_products_download table is not being updated with information needed to create the link if that helps

Hello, I get this error still, seems like every time I get a PayPal order:

------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn was received.

Are you running any tests?

PayPal Response

Connection Type

curl: 1 transport: domain: www.paypal.com port:

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why, but I'd like to get it to stop. I have turned off the debug, and I am not set to use the TEST site, and I'm not debugging anything.

Anyone know what causes this, so I can fix it? Could it be something wrong with my Paypal account information on either end?

Thanks

after i added the following contribution (PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN-version 2.9), i get this error when OSC sends the order to the Paypal system:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.<br><br>If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

now, ive added this contribution to another persons store just fine, and this is the second time ive added this contribution from scratch. it's the only contribution i have right now.... do anyone know the problem??

K-Fresh

If you have enabled the IPN in your PayPal account profile then you can only use your Primary PayPal account e-mail address in the IPN Module. According to the FAQ's with the most recent modules you don't have to enable IPN in your PayPal account for it to work - which was news to me.

Vger

also...

in a separate problem for a store that i got the IPN working... after the order has been processed... the IPN notification doesnt send the address over.....they all say no address provided..... whats withthat??

k

Edited by kfresh

I just installed the latest version of Paypal IPN and everything works like a charm except that customers are not getting a download link when they are supposed to. I've read through this thread and found a couple replies and tried them but still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I can't keep going into the orders download table and adding the data by hand.

oh yes, the problem is, the orders_products_download table is not being updated with information needed to create the link if that helps

well I saw someone post an answer to this but now its gone??!

i did check order status settings and i have

pending orders->pending

order status->processing

on hold->processing

the only one I can see that's out of wack is on hold but that shouldn't have anything to do with the data getting into the downloads table??

ms

Which PayPal module are you running? I don't remember ever seeing a 'on hold' feature.

Vger

well I saw someone post an answer to this but now its gone??!

i did check order status settings and i have

pending orders->pending

order status->processing

on hold->processing

the only one I can see that's out of wack is on hold but that shouldn't have anything to do with the data getting into the downloads table??

ms

This isn't a problem I've ever heard of with the PayPal modules, so I'm guessing that it must have something to do with the install of the mod.

Vger

Any idea what might be wrong with it then?

I've double check the install docs a couple times and tried to search on it but nothing - when youclick the link it just hangs.

Hi

My customer told me that they did not receive any order confirmation email. I have tested with other payment modules and they all work fine and order confirmation emails were received. Any ideas?

The Paypal IPN v2.9 works OK except the order confirmation email. Can someone let me know if this is normal. How do I make the order email send to customers using this contribute? :(

Well I hate to say it.... This contribution gives me the most problems. :'(

or may be I might resort back to using the original paypal!!

in order for a customer to get the download link for your virtual products, the order needs to be set to 'updated' which will then trigger the download code to create the link. usually for paypal, check/money order this is not set that way, as most want to ensure the funds are there.

so if you want to possibly lose money, without checking to make sure the payment is there properly set the default payment status to 'updated'

after i added the following contribution (PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN-version 2.9), i get this error when OSC sends the order to the Paypal system:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.<br><br>If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

now, ive added this contribution to another persons store just fine, and this is the second time ive added this contribution from scratch. it's the only contribution i have right now.... do anyone know the problem??

also...

in a separate problem for a store that i got the IPN working... after the order has been processed... the IPN notification doesnt send the address over.....they all say no address provided..... whats withthat??

I installed the module and get the following error when i goto Oscommerce>Admin>Modules>payments

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 20

Okay, you need to check your files, because you usually get this error in osCommerce when you have installed the same file at two different levels e.g. If you have downloaded and edited the root level index.php, and then you've uploaded it to the includes/languages/english/ level, overwriting the index.php there. The first file at the root level is called, and then the second file is called, and you get just that error.

Vger

I installed the module and get the following error when i goto Oscommerce>Admin>Modules>payments

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 20