• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Jeff

I heard paypal is having problems... I hope it's them and not us because I would hate to have to do this again...

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!! MY SITE IS READY TO GO EXCEPT FOR PAYPAL WONT WORK :(

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be way off here, but once again as those above mentioned,

Triple check (all lower case) both email addresses in the osCommerce admin panel for PayPal AND the profile setup in Paypal. Almost 100% of the google problems I looked at on this issue with this error message turned out to be mis-matched email addresses between the sites.

HTH

Tom

Could be way off here, but once again as those above mentioned,

Triple check (all lower case) both email addresses in the osCommerce admin panel for PayPal AND the profile setup in Paypal. Almost 100% of the google problems I looked at on this issue with this error message turned out to be mis-matched email addresses between the sites.

HTH

Tom

Done this like 20 times... :( But alas, I will check again...

what do you mean the profile setup in paypal? mine are all lower case...

I even switched primaries just to check! still no go!

Ignore my reference to "profile setup", I meant the email address that is your Paypal Account.

Don't know what else it might be. By any chance try your testing as a customer with a different email than the Paypal account. I rememebr someone not being able to buy via Paypal using the same email...go figure.

Hope you get this working. Eventually it will you know....

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

I also am not receiving ANY debug emails from the site... I fell this may be a clue... has anyone experienced that problem?

Calm down a bit. I posted earlier that you won't receive any debug e-mails whilst in test Mode, because all e-mails go to the Sandbox - under E-mails. If you try to run in Production Mode you won't get them either, because it's not accepting your e-mail address as valid.

Enable PayPal Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Business ID

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Selected Currency

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Pending Notification Status

Pending

Set Order Status

Pending

Synchronize Invoice

False

Sort order of display.

Background Color

White

Processing logo

yourlogo.gif

Store logo

yourlogo.gif

PayPal Page Style Name

Include a note with payment

No

Shopping Cart Method

Aggregate

Enable PayPal Shipping Address

No

Debug Email Notifications

Yes

Digest Key

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

Test Mode

On

Cart Test

On

Notification Address

[email protected]

PayPal Domain

www.sandbox.paypal.com

Return URL behavior

That's what it should look like in your control panel.

By the way, if I remember correctly PayPal do advise that it takes 24 hours to turn this feature on. When did you register for IPN with them?

Vger

Ignore my reference to "profile setup", I meant the email address that is your Paypal Account.

Don't know what else it might be. By any chance try your testing as a customer with a different email than the Paypal account. I rememebr someone not being able to buy via Paypal using the same email...go figure.

Hope you get this working. Eventually it will you know....

Tom

Well I tried using a different address... no luck...

looks like I'm going back and have to redo the install again...

:blink:

Calm down a bit.  I posted earlier that you won't receive any debug e-mails whilst in test Mode, because all e-mails go to the Sandbox - under E-mails.  If you try to run in Production Mode you won't get them either, because it's not accepting your e-mail address as valid.

That's what it should look like in your control panel.

By the way, if I remember correctly PayPal do advise that it takes 24 hours to turn this feature on.  When did you register for IPN with them?

Vger

Well I have not waited 24 hours yet... I will try again tomorrow... I give up for tonight. I think it's time for a beer... lol...

Thank for all your help... I will try again in the morning and check back here.

By the way, if I remember correctly PayPal do advise that it takes 24 hours to turn this feature on.  When did you register for IPN with them?

I didn't think it was necessary to register for an IPN with PayPal?

According to the IPN docs...

# Do I need to enable IPN in my PayPal account profile.

No.

# What url should I specify for the IPN feature to be used.

You don't need to, it will automatically be specified.

Jeff

Edited by TulaneJeff

Hi,

I have just install the new verion of Paypal IPN version 2.9 - with docs, however I am not able to locat those code you have below, they do not exist.

$paypal_fields = tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_BUSINESS_ID);

It is possible that it got deleted by error resulting an error translated to paypal that the seller's account is not correct? see error below

"Error Detected

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com. "

I am not sure if I am the only one with this problem, I have just installed downloaded and install, but have no clue why such as error as everything else is error free.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-kelina

In the file

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

change the following code at around line 231 from

$paypal_fields = tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_BUSINESS_ID).tep_draw_hidden_field('mrb', 'R-5X478387L4986632G').tep_draw_hidden_field('pal', 'ZH3UM7MDRAMCG');

To

$paypal_fields = tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_BUSINESS_ID);

Hi,

I have just install the new verion of Paypal IPN version 2.9 - with docs, however I am not able to locat those code you have below, they do not exist.

It is possible that it got deleted by error resulting an error translated to paypal that the seller's account is not correct? see error below

Yes, you are correct - my mistake :blush:

Use the file in the MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun/includes/modules/payment directory.

A new package has been uploaded to the contributions download section.

Thanks!

Matti

Edited by Johnson

I can't seem to get the standard Paypal module in 2.2 MS2 to complete an order through the site. Might be due to customers not hitting Continue or not.

The Check / Money Order orders work like a charm. Invoices, emails and all.

I tried using the Sandbox but when I manually change the address on the paypal.php page to use the sandbox, it tries to open the address as part of my site instead of going to the sandbox. When I change it back to the paypal page it works fine.

Setup Auto Return at Paypal 2 weeks ago and have tried mysite/mystore/checkout_prosess.php and checkout_success.php as the address since you have to enter one in the setup at Paypal.

I'm guessing I'll have to get Paypal IPN to work if I'm going to have any luck getting orders to complete wether the customer does or not. I've already got it setup on Paypal, just need to get the shop to speek.

I used some code from here to modify the paypal.php so it sends the cart contents along with the payment. Can at least keep track of what they ordered that way and manually remove it from stock on the site.

Ok, the Q's

I can get the whole Paypal IPN contrib setup, but I haven't the slightest clue on how or where to put the paypalipn.sql file. There isn't any import option on my servers MySQL admin and nothing in phpMyAdmin where I can figure to create the file.

If I use cpanel 9 to create a new db to work with, it names it myname_paypalipn which I don't believe will work. Won't let me remove the myname_ from it.

There's nothing in the contrib that tells anything on installing the sql file other than processing it through phpMyAdmin or what-not...

If I upload the file through my FTP proggy to the main domain folder will cpanel see it?

Sorry for the silly Q's but I'm a complete noob at this. Doing a crash course in all this stuff just to get this kickin shop to work. :blush:

Love everything about OSC, just hung up on getting the Paypal thing to work since its my main payment preference.

Thanks for any help.

Ok, I'm playing around with phpMyAdmin.

Decided to go with PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN 2.9 since .981 isn't supported very well.

Found the option to process the text file, but it's not working. Gets hung up on the first line to ALTER TABLE orders... since the db I created 'paypal' is empty.

This really bites, but I guess I'm used to figuring things out the hard way. ;)

Guess I put this in the wrong place. It got moved. :blush:

Sorry.

You can all point and laugh now.

Finally figured out that I had to process the paypal.sql into the osc.sql database after trying to create a non-existent paypal.sql from scratch.

I need stuff explained in plain english. :P

Might have this thing working by tomorrow morning. Weee...

Arg, no edit. Guess I'll add 'nother post.

Got the sql figured out, did the quicky MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun with the latest update, configured and gave it a few test runs.

Works like a charm and has all the functions I wanted.

OSC is some awesome work. You guys rock!!!

Thanks for all the help. :-" :D

Yes, you are correct - my mistake  :blush:

Use the file in the MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun/includes/modules/payment directory.

A new package has been uploaded to the contributions download section.

Thanks!

Matti

Huh? excuse me but I am not following this... my thread was moved... is this the solution to my problem? Can someone please explain?

Thanks...

Wally

Huh? excuse me but I am not following this... my thread was moved... is this the solution to my problem? Can someone please explain?

Thanks...

Wally

Ok sorry for the confusion... I got it...

Now for another question... does the sandbox not update the paypal info? because my order says pending... oh well... i guess i will go live with this thing and deal with the fallout... lol

Hi,

I have 2.9 installed and everything is working fine except if a customer buys a gift voucher, the voucher doesn't get added to the voucher queue and therefore never gets to the customer.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Peter

Hello every one.

I just installed the PayPal Ipn Version 2.9

It is giving me an error on checkout saying the following.

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

I double checked my email addies and all is correct.

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this error.

Thanks

Dave

As a workaround,  you can create a new GV and email it to them.  You don't *have* to activate the one they purchase.  You can make a new one instead.

-jared

Thanks Jared, I had thought of that, it just causes a few potential problems - If that's what I have to do, that'ts what I have to do though!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Peter

I finally got my IPN working, however there is an unresolved order email issue.

When a customer places an order, they get an invoice from PayPal. However they DO NOT get an order confirmation from osc.

Can someone please help me get the order emails working again?

Thanks!

Jeff