• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

The order gets created (or updated if already exists) around about the same time that the customer is transfered to PayPal, e.g. when you the Checkout Splash page.

The order info will exist in the main orders table, some session info will also exist for that order in the orders_session_info.

So once you see the checkout splash screen, in osC Admin you should then see the PayPal Transaction Activity box and a message saying 'No Transaction History Available (sdofjhphepi23h321323piu)' the digest number is show in between the parenthesis, this is then copied and pasted into the custom field and transaction id field per IPN Test Panel guide notes etc...

Hmm. apols. might not be so easy as cutting n pasting now, and I don't have any integrated versions to hand. It should be ok, the notes found for integrating the 2 contribs, should still work, the only real change required is in catalog/incldues/affiliates_application_top.php. where the edit should also have '&& $affiliate_id !=0'. Although now you would need to coherce class/osC/Order.class.php so that it recalls the stored affiliate info, and makes these vars global prior to including checkout_update. Will try and post more when have more info etc...

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've developed 2 problems with the IPN and I have no idea why:

1) CCGV gift vouchers do not get put in the gift voucher approval queue, although they do if I use any other payment method

2) Although I'm receiving IPN's, and in the order, the paypal box shows 'complete' the order status is not getting updated.

Has anyone come accross these issues?

If so, HELP!!!

Thanks

Peter

---

Server Requirements Status 

PHP version up to date ok! 

URL fopen allowed ok! 

CURL Installed Curl is installed! Do make sure that it is compiled with SSL support however. 

Zend Optimizer Installed ok! 

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions concerning the data presented in this diagnostics page.

These entries must all read 'ok!' to be eligible for our system guarantee.

---

Ok, I think I understand why this is happening, but I don't know how to fix it. It may be related to me using my host's secure server instead of having my own SSL certificate. Here is a description of the problem.

When I am done at PayPal, I click on continue. This brings me back to my web site's checkout_success.php page. The URL is

https://my_hosts.server.com/~coolcree/check...d284c448459a6a7

Notice the "~coolcree" in the URL.

Now, when I click continue on this page, the URL becomes

https://my_hosts.servers.com/index.php?action=notify&notify[]=&osCsid=64fd1e87e396231e53f84ca784d946c7

Notice that "~coolcree" is missing from the URL. Since my host has an index.php (the whois.cart pre-installation server diagnostics script) at that URL, I get the "Server Requirements Status" page mentioned in my previous post.

Why would "~coolcree" be stripped off?

In addition, neither the customer nor the store get a confirmation email. Instead, the store gets about 6 emails with the following contents:

---

------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from 66.135.197.164 was received.

Are you running any tests?

----8><----snip

I am starting to believe that this problem is unrelated to the "Server Requirements Status" problem. It appears that I keep getting posts from PayPal, but they aren't handled properly by my site. My email box is filling up with the debug emails because they keep coming at regular intervals for about 12 hours. :o My next plan of attack for this problem is to try the test panel.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

David

Now I'm getting

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: paypal_ipn_debug in c:\apache\htdocs\yopete\ipn.php on line 35

when I try to test ipn.

Here's line 35 in catalog/ipn.php

$debug = new PayPal_IPN_Debug(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG_EMAIL, MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG);

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Tim

Nevermind the correct class is Paypal_Debug.The correct modules are PAYPAL_DEBUG_MAIL and MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DEBUG.

Tim

Nevermind the correct class is Paypal_Debug.The correct modules are PAYPAL_DEBUG_MAIL and MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DEBUG.

Tim

Oops, maybe I'm wrong. After making the changes above, I get a test complete, but no other information about the transaction. There is also no debug email being sent to the address I provided or a database entry. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and energy,

Tim

Ok, I think I have it figured out (guess I should read a bit better in the future :huh: ). Just want to make sure everything is how it should be.

When I successfully test the IPN, the order transaction activity changes to No PayPal Transaction Information Available (). Is this correct? Would there be transaction information during a real order?

Thanks

Tim

I think there is a misconfiguration in your catalog/includes/configure.php file, You may have to force the /~coolcree/ dir to occur for SSL connections, the problem with the continue button, is not of this contribution, but of a general osC configuration.

When you place the order as a customer and see the splash screen just before arriving at PayPal's site, this is when the order is created and in the admin you'd see Transaction Information Available (sdfsdf7897sd9f8df), the transaction signature in the parethesis can then be used in the IPN Test Panel to finalize the order, see the help page in the IPN Test Panel.

Right, I've read and searched back through this thread - apologies if this has already been answered and I just can't find it.

I've got the contribution installed, and it works fine with the IPN test panel. However when I try to test against paypal sandbox, although I get to the sandbox with all the information set correctly, it appears that my store isn't receiving the IPNs correctly. All I get is 5 indentical debug emails, with

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from xx.xxxx.xxx.xx was received.

Are you running any tests?

There is no paypal response, and my store is not getting any further than pending, although the test account in the sandbox is quite happily logging the payments.

Any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong here?

Thanks

Jax

Goto dnsstuff.com and look up the ip address, hopefully it should be a paypal/ebay domain.

The unknown post emails occur when the transaction payment type is not either ('Instant' or an 'eCheck') or if the paypal transaction id is not 17 chars in length.

I've heard PayPal have had some disruptions recently, so for example if there was a change in their API, e.g. the transaction lengths are now 19 or so, then this causes a problem for everyone. Similiarily if they are now not including the payment type with any of their IPNs.

A sureway to debug, in catalog/ipn.php, there is some commented code at the top of the script which will dump the posted info into a file that would need to be created in the root catalog directory called, ipn.txt and must be chmod 777.

Thanks for the prompt response!

The IP does indeed belong to ebay, so that's one thing sorted.

Followed your suggestions to have a look at the debug output, and if the transaction id is txn_id then I'd guess that's the problem, as it's coming back as 0.

So what do I do next? Is this just because I'm using the sandbox - do I need to try it live (thinks, must put some cheaper items in cart ;) ) and see what is happening?

Jax

I think there is a misconfiguration in your catalog/includes/configure.php file, You may have to force the /~coolcree/ dir to occur for SSL connections, the problem with the continue button, is not of this contribution, but of a general osC configuration.

Right you are! I changed my HTTPS server define in configure.php to include /~coolcree and now the continue button works great.

Thanks,

David

The IP does indeed belong to ebay, so that's one thing sorted.

Followed your suggestions to have a look at the debug output, and if the transaction id is txn_id then I'd guess that's the problem, as it's coming back as 0.

I am having the exact same problem. I checked the IP address and it is owned by Ebay. I turned on the debug output and am getting txn_id = 0 in ipn.txt.

In the sandbox, the details of the transaction show

Name: [email protected] (The recipient of this payment is Unregistered)

Email: [email protected]

The transaction completes fine when using the Test Panel.

David

Edited by novakd

All users of the IPN contribution should view the following announcement.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118130

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

I have just installed the Paypal IPN contribution. All appears Ok but when the order is transferred to paypal.com to pay, I get the following error from Paypal:

'We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem'

I've tried with different Paypal accounts and I know they are valid. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I am using the updated version of the Contribution loaded today.

Please help

Thanks

Karen

:'(

HELPPPPPP!!!

I just installed this contrib... and it seems to work great... up until I am going over to the paypal site... then it tells me my email address is not a valid paypal address... blah blah blah... I KNOW I HAVE THE CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS SET... I am at my wits end with this today. I have searched these forums and cannot find anything on this error.

I also cannot bring up the IPN test panel... it just sits there forever with a white screen....

I was very careful when I did this install.. I am assuming that I missed something or did not do something right, although I would have thought I would be getting errors... and I'm not... is there something I am missing in my paypal account? I turned on IPN.... do I need a different account ( I have a business account)? I am also not getting the debug emails???

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks!

You say you 'turned on' PayPal IPN, but did you then enter the necessary details once it had been installed? Such as - entering the Primary PayPal e-mail address you set your account up with (this is the one the IPN will use).

You don't receive any e-mails when you are in Test Mode and operating in the PayPal Sandbox. Look under E-mail in the Sandbox and you'll find them there.

Vger

You say you 'turned on' PayPal IPN, but did you then enter the necessary details once it had been installed?  Such as - entering the Primary PayPal e-mail address you set your account up with (this is the one the IPN will use).

You don't receive any e-mails when you are in Test Mode and operating in the PayPal Sandbox.  Look under E-mail in the Sandbox and you'll find them there.

Vger

Yes... I turned it on in the paypal site and entered my site as the IPN address... Yes I also just test the sandbox with the same result... it did not recognize my sandbox address!!!

Yes I did enter the details in the admin page... It has been set to my primary both addresses as a matter of fact... actually all three! the ID, the paypal address, and the debug emails all send to the same place...

Any other ideas on what it could be? :'( :'( :'( :'(

You do not say which ipn contribution you are using but one thing you need to check is your use of case. I have had a problem with the email address being case sensitive for some reason.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

BTW this is the error I get:

"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com. "

But I KNOW MY PAYPAL ID IS CORRECT AND ENTERED INTO THE ADMIN AREA!!!

:blink: :'( >_<

Yes... I turned it on in the paypal site and entered my site as the IPN address... Yes I also just test the sandbox with the same result... it did not recognize my sandbox address!!!

Yes I did enter the details in the admin page... It has been set to my primary both addresses as a matter of fact... actually all three! the ID, the paypal address, and the debug emails all send to the same place...

Any other ideas on what it could be?  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

I am using version 9 ... the latest one as far as I can tell... or at least that what is on the zip file... as far as I know my email addy is not case sensitive...

this sucks.. :(

Ok... please... I hope I can find one of you who has a solution to this...

I have changed my primary address even, because I suspected the old primary was too long, and STILL paypal tells me that I am not using a valid address...

This is crazy... I do not know what else to do...

should I restore to where I was before and try the PayPal Contrib again?

I also am not receiving ANY debug emails from the site... I fell this may be a clue... has anyone experienced that problem? I have tested my email addresses and they can recieve email... the site does send new users email when they sign up... so I don't think the site is NOT sending any email...

Thanks...