• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Can someone help me with the sending of the cart amount to paypal.

Everything works fine and goes through apart from the user stil has to input the cart amount themself as it appears empty.

Can the total from the cart be sent to the paypal account.

I just cannot get it to work :(

Cheers for any help:)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The install I just did worked pretty well -- was able to pay via paypal but no record of the transaction found under "PayPal IPN" -- but it was in "Orders".

When I checked the orde (via the edit button) the addresses were there (which was good) but I did find this:

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (c692adab37bf558b297a47ace67e3ae5)

Which was a bit odd since I had followed all of the install instructions.

So paypal isn't passing the info back to OSCommerce? Has anyone run into this problem?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated!

Thanks -

King Snake

hi,

im having a little bug with my instilation of this contribution though everything seems to work perfectly

(thanks! ;) )

except for a little language problem

when my customers go to the Paypal payments page they see...

Pay to=my name

Pay for=my name

PayPal Shopping Cart IPN debug email notification says...

item_name=my shop name

item_number=my product

any idea how this jumble is being created.

also the telephone and address fields are blank on paypals page which means the customer has to fill them in again. How would i go about inserting this information

best,

dag

I have installed this contribution and everything seemed to be working wonderfully. I am so happy that it records the order even when the cusyomer does not hit "Continue" on PayPal.

/now /i have noticed 2 problems and hope you all can help.

1. Inventory is not being deleted when an order is placed.

2., No IPNs are showing up in the admin control panel.

Any ideas how to fix these 2 problems? I am not concerned about the IPN notification, but thought thst might have somethiung to do with invenrtory not being deducted.

Thank you!

-emiLy

http://www.choose-iwd.com

Replying to myself because I don't know how to edit my post. After more searching through this thread I see that the stock not substracting problem is caused by also haveing CCGV installed, which I do.

Does anyone know of the solution to this problem yet?

And, does the IPN page being blank have anything to do with this issue or is that a whole 'nother ball of wax?

Thanks!

-emiLy

Hello there. I was sifting through the last several pages of the topic and thre was mention of version 2.9. I can't seem to find it. Has it been released?

I am also getting the error in the order summery: No PayPal Transaction Information Available ()

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,

David

Please Please PLEASE someone answer this question. for 3 days I've been searching this forum looking for the answer and I'm sure its been answered somewhere but the question has been asked sooo many times without a responce I cant find it and I really need some help.

My Paypal IPN 2.8 is not feeding back into osCommerce and deleting the stock or sending the osC emails to either myself or the customer. Everything was fine with my origional paypal module as long as the customer clicked the continue button again after completing their transaction.

I Have my email addresses setup correctly and I have tested using the IPN Test module. It seems to work fine and the emails are sent and stock is reduced.

Here is the results of my test IPN

------------------------------------------------------

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN Debug Email Notification

[email protected]

[email protected]

verify_sign=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN-TEST_TRANSACTION-00000000000000

payment_date=07:38:19 Oct 14, 2004 EDT

digestKey=2a17199834101a01f08e5ca8868cb70e

first_name=John

last_name=Doe

payer_business_name=ACME Inc.

payer_email=root@localhost

payer_id=PAYERID000000

payer_status=verified

invoice=

address_name=John Doe

address_street=1 Way Street

address_city=NeverNever

address_state=CA

address_zip=12345

address_country=United States

address_status=confirmed

payment_type=instant

txn_type=cart

custom=175bdcbc4555acc8100700c2b336fbaf

txn_id=175bdcbc4555acc81

parent_txn_id=

num_cart_items=1

notify_version=1.6

memo=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN TEST

mc_currency=EUR

mc_gross=1.00

mc_fee=1.00

settle_amount=0.00

settle_currency=

exchange_rate=0.00

payment_status=Completed

pending_reason=

reason_code=

submit=Test IPN

PayPal Response

INVALID

Connection Type

curl: 1 transport: domain: www.paypal.com port:

Email and Business ID config

Store Configuration Settings

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]

Business ID: [email protected]

PayPal Configuration Settings

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]

Business ID: [email protected]

IPN INSERTED

IPN 6 has been inserted

I really dont understand a lot of this but does the IPN Test working prove everything is setup correctly this end? and, if so, then why isnt the info getting passed back by paypal??

Is there anything that has to be configured on the Paypal end?? ANY ideas?

I don't think there is error when they are combined, but we do need to make some more (probably minor) modifications to the IPN checkout_process file (maybe other files too?).

Hopefully Greg can give us some more info...  :rolleyes:

Did anyone find the answer to this? I'm not feeling generous enough to allow my customers to buy one gift voucher then use it over and over again!

Peter

Hi all,

I've installed the contrib IPN 2.8 and all works well except for 1 thing. The total amount does not get passed to paypal for one reason or another. I went through the installation twice now and all is correct.

I have enabled the IPN in my profile for Paypal but still the user has to enter the amount manualy.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for to fix this issue?

Sorry if this has been covered before but searching through 43 pages is ........ Kinda ......

Please Please PLEASE someone answer this question. for 3 days I've been searching this forum looking for the answer and I'm sure its been answered somewhere but the question has been asked sooo many times without a responce I cant find it and I really need some help.

My Paypal IPN 2.8 is not feeding back into osCommerce and deleting the stock or sending the osC emails to either myself or the customer. Everything was fine with my origional paypal module as long as the customer clicked the continue button again after completing their transaction.

I Have my email addresses setup correctly and I have tested using the IPN Test module. It seems to work fine and the emails are sent and stock is reduced.

Here is the results of my test IPN

** truncated for conciseness ** DG

submit=Test IPN

PayPal Response

INVALID

IPN INSERTED

IPN 6 has been inserted

I really dont understand a lot of this but does the IPN Test working prove everything is setup correctly this end? and, if so, then why isnt the info getting passed back by paypal??

Is there anything that has to be configured on the Paypal end?? ANY ideas?

Your test IPN seems fine to me (though I'm not the expert). The invalid test result is because the test IPN never goes to (or comes from) Paypal and can not be valid. It mainly is useful as a test of the intenal IPN handling code, I think.

What other contributions do you have installed?? There are some similar problems reported with CCGV installed.

Is there any way to integrate the PayPal Payment Module Fee(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1853/category,all/search,paypal) with the PayPal IPN to charge my customers an additional percentage fee for using PayPal? If you've done this or can do this let me know...I've been messing with PHP but i can't get it right.

Anybody want to know a quick fix for PayPal & CCGV problems?

Lemme know, I have the fix (well, it works on my development store wih only PayPal and CCGV installed).

I didn't want to take up space in the thread if nobody needs it... :-"

Or perhaps I can auction it off.... B)

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Hi all,

I've installed the contrib IPN 2.8 and all works well except for 1 thing. The total amount does not get passed to paypal for one reason or another. I went through the installation twice now and all is correct.

I have enabled the IPN in my profile for Paypal but still the user has to enter the amount manualy.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for to fix this issue?

Sorry if this has been covered before but searching through 43 pages is ........  Kinda ......

In the config, you need to set the cart test to true, like this:

Cart Test
Set cart test mode to verify the transaction amounts

Off
On

It should pass then....

Is there any way to integrate the PayPal Payment Module Fee(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1853/category,all/search,paypal) with the PayPal IPN to charge my customers an additional percentage fee for using PayPal? If you've done this or can do this let me know...I've been messing with PHP but i can't get it right.

Adding a fee just for using PayPal I believe is a violation of PayPal's TOS, may not want to do that. What you can do is say there is a discount for cash, check or MO though. But to answer your questions, I never installed that, so I don't know, sorry

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Anybody want to know a quick fix for PayPal & CCGV problems?

Yes please! Post it here - many people are having this problem (stock not being automatically deleted). I am SO tired of manually substracting stock.... PLEASE.

-emiLy

Ohhh, I didn't realize.... :lol:

I installed and tested this on a development site, with just PayPal and CCGV.

The fix is easy too. It was subtracting stock perfectly for my store, I can't guarantee the same for your store...

In \includes\modules\payment\paypal\catalog\checkout_process.inc.php

FIND: (The last line)

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_splash.inc.php');

Replace with:

$order_total_modules->apply_credit();// DEVOSC added for CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_splash.inc.php');

Wish I could tell you it was more, but thats it. Their account is subtracted when they go to pay. In the future I need to come up with something better, because if they change their mind at PayPal, their CCGV is still discounted. There is a better way, but it will take some time to develop properly.

Like I said, everything works great, stock is subtracted, the account is subtracted, the world is happy...

Oh, one thing, in order for stock to be subtracted, you have to click on accept in the PayPal area in the order.

Hope this helps... Many Ewoks died for this information, and PayPal has alot of my pennies now.... :o

Noel

I too have the problem of the final amount not passing to Paypal:(

Did you figure it out npereira or not could really do with some help.

nrlatsha i check the paypal settings in admin and Cart Test is on.

Anyone got any other ideas really effecting my site for the bad :(

Scratch this post, everythings working fine...

Edited by nrlatsha

HI Greg, in oscAffiliate integration with PayPal IPN that you have directed me to:

-------------------------------

//in paypal/application_top.php

-------------------------------

AFTER (approx line 93):

//$shipping = unserialize($orders_session['shipping']);

ADD:

$affiliate_ref = $orders_session['affiliate_id'];

$affiliate_clickthroughs_id = $orders_session['affiliate_clickthroughs_id'];

$affiliate_clientdate = $orders_session['affiliate_date'];

$affiliate_clientbrowser = $orders_session['affiliate_browser'];

$affiliate_clientip = $orders_session['affiliate_ipaddress'];

I would assume it is paypal/application_top.php.inc file ?

this file does not have

//$shipping = unserialize($orders_session['shipping']); line or anything that looks like that?

what to do?

nslatsha:

The cart test IS set to true. Anything else?

Jezthomp:

No, the problem is still occuring.

Hope to fix this issue soon as it's starting to be agrevating. Customers dont put the correct ammount so I have to send them a payment request which is time consumming on my part for the number of transactions I have everyday.... ! :angry:

nslatsha:

The cart test IS set to true. Anything else?

Jezthomp:

No, the problem is still occuring.

Hope to fix this issue soon as it's starting to be agrevating. Customers dont put the correct ammount so I have to send them a payment request which is time consumming on my part for the number of transactions I have everyday.... ! :angry:

Can't anyone provide some info on this and why it does not send the amount to paypal?

I am getting this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shoppingcart in /home/kountryd/public_html/main/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 13

Not being a php wiz I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be great. I have customers wanting to browse and cannot get this fixed.

TIA

Lib

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shoppingcart in /home/kountryd/public_html/main/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 13

Didnt know if you needed a bit more info on this or not.

Here is what line 13 says, mind you I did not change anything in this shopping_cart.php

class shoppingCart {
   var $contents, $total, $weight, $cartID, $content_type;

function shoppingCart() {
     $this->reset();
   }

Again TIA

lib

Not being a php wiz I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be great. I have customers wanting to browse and cannot get this fixed.

TIA

Lib

In the file look for multiple instances of something like this:

class shoppingCart {

var $contents, $total, $weight, $cartID, $content_type;

If it is there more than once delte one. Good luck Craig :)

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Didnt know if you needed a bit more info on this or not.

Here is what line 13 says, mind you I did not change anything in this shopping_cart.php

class shoppingCart {
? ?var $contents, $total, $weight, $cartID, $content_type;

? ?function shoppingCart() {
? ? ?$this->reset();
? ?}

Again TIA

lib

Or keep an eye out for multiple instances of $shoppingCart = new shoppingCart;

Hi Folks,

Since Tuesday, my site has not been recieving updates from paypal. I am using the Paypal IPN contribution.

Normally, when payment is recieved by paypal, the order status is updated to processing and the order appears in the IPN admin page but since paypal's problems on tuesday this is no longer happening.

If anybody knows how to fix this pleeeease let me know :D

Brian