• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

mailserver

Hi Could someone advise please

Can outlook express or outlook be used on the server as the localhost for mail?

or has a proper mailserver got to be installed?

I have had a try with oe I get the errors below when catalog/checkout_process.php executes.

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:500) in C:\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

Thanks

So can Osc be setup to use a remote mailserver?

sorry about the previous blank page im new to this bb stuff

Thanks.

So can Osc be setup to use a remote mailserver?

sorry about the previous blank page im new to this bb stuff

Thanks.

Probably could use an external smtp server, your php.ini file would need to point to it. You may also run into smtp authentication problems with this setup, if you do do a search here as authentication has been answered a few times.

add this line to your .htaccess file

php_value SMTP xxxx.xxxxx.xxx

where xxxx.xxxxx.xxx is the your outgoing smtp server in outlook express.

Do you mean the next .htaccess file down fom where  email.php  sits ??

Thanks i will try it,

:thumbsup:

I put it in the catalog directory. You will need it for admin also. If in cat directory it will cover Admin if you have typical setup.

I needed this for my test apache web server in my house. This should not be happening at web hosting server. They should have smtp server set up. You should remove from .htaccess on web hosting server.

Changed .htaccess

restarted apache etc

outlook express running on server & tok

Help?

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 unknown user <[email protected]> in C:\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 unknown user <[email protected]> in C:\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:500) in C:\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

I want to make sure you put your mail server next to SMTP, it should not be your email address. Just checking because error message said xxx@xxx.com

Changed  .htaccess

restarted apache etc

outlook express running on server & tok

Help?

This is the authentication I warned you about in my other post. The mail server does not know who you are and relaying is not allowed through that server.

You will probably need to use the PEAR mail objects to authenticate and send your mail. Do a search it was answered fairly recently.

If you did a search in Google on SMTP +error +550 you would have seen 136,000 results telling you relaying denied

Yes thanks it is the smtp server addres i used.

sorry i did not see the extra info in your post yesterday untill after finding it failed.

I will have a work through it soon and post the results.

Archived