• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bad Config preventing contrib installation

cujimmy

While trying to get "On The Fly Auto Thumbnailer using GD library" to work, I found that I had set up includes/configure.php wrongly - nothing wrong with the contrib (as usual) - but when I try to put the defines right, I'm messing up things that had been working perfectly!

Installed contribs (all were working OK with the bad config lines):

Advanced Cache

EasyPopulate

osC Categories (JS Cook Menu)

Auto Product Description in Product Listing

htmlArea for admin w/ image uploader

At the moment, these lines 'work' for everything _except_ the OTF Thumbnailer:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', '/store/images/'); // don't remember doing this!

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', '/store/icons/');

Changing the paths as below is, I think, correct and it allows the contrib to work:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

but this causes about a third of the images to be broken and the worst thing is that the (JS Cook) menu disappears completely. Is there a way out of this, short of starting afresh?

Apologies if I'm starting a new topic for something that's been dealt with elsewhere.

The latter is correct - I suppose the only thing you can do is to correct the paths to the broken images in their respective files. :-"

Matti

(decided just to start afresh with a new install of osC.) :rolleyes:

It's already been identified as a cPanel installation misconfiguration (I installed a fresh cart on my own server, just to be certain) - could probably help a lot of people with this and maybe some of the other image contrib installations if there was some way to let new users know about it _before_ they start populating their cart and installing other contribs.

Some people seem to have been able to correct the bad config without creating any new problems but I was just wondering if there's any way to draw a bit more attention to this and let it be more widely known that the first thing you need to do after a cPanel installation is check configure.php and, if necessary, correct the settings?

For anyone that's interested, here's the original thread.

Archived