• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Initial Contacts in Customer Address Book

christien

I would like to input some of my own contact information in all my customers' address books.

Is there a way of adding information to the master address book table in order to give all account holders a list of usefull addresses to start with which they can add to and which I (the store owner) can add to or update when need be?

I would like to input some of my own contact information in all my customers' address books.

Is there a way of adding information to the master address book table in order to give all account holders a list of usefull addresses to start with which they can add to and which I (the store owner) can add to or update when need be?

sue, that can be custom coded. You'd need to setup a dummy account for yourself and that special address book. Then enter all the addresses you want to be having for the customers as default in that address book. That is the place where you can change it too.

On account_shipping_address, you have to copy line 337-403 and modify them for selecting from that dummy customer the addresses, being to display them but not make default. Add the dummy customers addresses right below the real customers addresses.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived