• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Replace Manufacturers with Artists?

domaky

Dear all,

I am working on a store that sells Native American Art. We would like to showcase the artists and I thought that could be "easily" done by replacing "manufacturers" with "Artists" globally.

But before I got to do a global "replace all" I wanted to ask the more experienced folks here whether this makes sense and what problems I might get into.

Many, many thanks for all and every thought/s!

Greetings,

:: doris B)

ps. in case you would like to look at the stuff: http://www.bearcanyongalleries.com. The link to Gallery is the link to the old store that will be replaced with the new one I am working on.

I thought that could be "easily" done by replacing "manufacturers" with "Artists" globally.

Just a question from one of the more _inexperienced_ ...

Maybe I've misunderstood but if it's just the word "artists" that you want to display rather than the word "manufacturers" wouldn't it be better just to start by changing "manufacturers" in catalog/includes/english.php then have a look through the site to see if anything else needs changed?

around line 76

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Manufacturers');

change it to read:

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Artists');

Hi, Im trying to do the same thing but im not finding the right file. Do you mean english, then index.php file? I cant find the wording..Box_Heading_Manufacturer. Or is it under the boxes???

Just a question from one of the more _inexperienced_ ...

Maybe I've misunderstood but if it's just the word "artists" that you want to display rather than the word "manufacturers" wouldn't it be better just to start by changing "manufacturers" in catalog/includes/english.php then have a look through the site to see  if anything else needs changed?

around line 76

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Manufacturers');

change it to read:

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Artists');

Posted this on your thread Diajejo but here ya go again

The term Manufacturers actually appears in quite a few places.

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php - twice

catalog/includes/english/advanced_search.php - once

catalog/includes/languages/english.php - once

and don't forget you will need to change it as well for other languages if you are using them.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Posted this on your thread Diajejo but here ya go again

The term Manufacturers actually appears in quite a few places.

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php - twice

catalog/includes/english/advanced_search.php - once

catalog/includes/languages/english.php - once

and don't forget you will need to change it as well for other languages if you are using them.

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing (replacing the word "manufacturers" with another word.

Are the three files mentioned all the files I need to change to replace the word "Manufacturers" with different title?

If yes, does this include reports and all the places that the word "Manufacturers" may appear in?

thank you

Archived