• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email problem

Debbie

i posted the other day about an email problem.

Its still not resolved and now it seems i cant send through the store.

I try to email a gift voucher and it says its been sent but hasnt arrived, at first this was limited to just AOL so i set up an hotmail account and sent myself a voucher through that, i also didnt recieve it, BUT if i send emails directly (without using the shop) to both those email addys it goes through.

So something must be wrong in the settings, because i am not blocked from emailing the hotmail account and my AOL account.

What should my email settings in the admin section be? and what chmod should my settings be?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

i posted the other day about an email problem.

Its still not resolved and now it seems i cant send through the store.

I try to email a gift voucher and it says its been sent but hasnt arrived, at first this was limited to just AOL so i set up an hotmail account and sent myself a voucher through that, i also didnt recieve it, BUT if i send emails directly (without using the shop) to both those email addys it goes through.

So something must be wrong in the settings, because i am not blocked from emailing the hotmail account and my AOL account.

What should my email settings in the admin section be? and what chmod should my settings be?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Debbie,

The return code that the mail function receives just informs PHP that the email has successfully been place in the email queue on the server, it doesnt unfortunately indicate if it was successfully sent.

You really need to speak to your host and ask them to check their email logs, giving them as much info as possible such as the senders address, receivers address, date time sent.

They should then be able to see why it failed.

Are you using sendmail or smtp?

Hi Debbie,

The return code that the mail function receives just informs PHP that the email has successfully been place in the email queue on the server, it doesnt unfortunately indicate if it was successfully sent.

You really need to speak to your host and ask them to check their email logs, giving them as much info as possible such as the senders address, receivers address, date time sent.

They should then be able to see why it failed.

Are you using sendmail or smtp?

i have tried it with both.

i dont know much about the email bit, so i tried using both ways. and nothing.

I just find it weird how it can go direct, but not if i send it from the shop.

i have tried it with both.

i dont know much about the email bit, so i tried using both ways. and nothing.

I just find it weird how it can go direct, but not if i send it from the shop.

i forgot to add i can also recieve emails through the contact us page, and they arrive with no problem.

So incoming is ok but ooutgoing isnt, as far as i know its only hotmail and aol users affected, as i can email to my shop email with no problems through the shop.

Archived