• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting Rid Of "Create An Account"

Develonet

Is there a way around the "Create an Account" feature? I would like my cart to just have a simple checkout process where they simply fill in the shipping, billing and payment info and then conclude their order.

Thanks

Is there a way around the "Create an Account" feature? I would like my cart to just have a simple checkout process where they simply fill in the shipping, billing and payment info and then conclude their order.

Thanks

Jeez, this was answered at 10:03pm already. Do you people not search or have a look around before posting

Sorry if that seems a little short with you but its the same questions all the time, that and "How do I get rid of What's New" and "How do I get rid of the little corner images".

Arrrggghhhh, we really need some sticky threads on here.

Easiest method is to install the PWA contribution. You can find it by clicking the link in my sig then searching.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The PWA is a complete waste of time. Don't even bother.

Instead, install the 'Log in on Create Account Page' contributrion,

Remove all unneccesary fields from the account creation page like dob, gender, newsletter, company, etc.

Rename the 'Create Account' page to 'Your Shipping Address',

and Remove the 'Create Account Success' page from the checkout.

That's the easiest and quickest way to shorten your checkout, and make it a little more user friendly.

The things I don't like abou the PWA contribution are 1, I don't like the additional option on the login screen. This is confusiong to customers, and most don't understand the difference, and 2, I don't like the customers information being removed from the database. This may be important demographic information for me to report on in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

The PWA is a complete waste of time. Don't even bother.

Instead, install the 'Log in on Create Account Page' contributrion,

Thanks for you time in answering this. Just installed and got my first OS Commerce site running. Appreciate your time!!!

Thanks,

Kirk

Archived