• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Complete Revamp - Tear it to shreds - iPod Xtras

mijman2

Hi everyone,

I have been working very hard to revamp my website to something that is not so "out of the box" ordinary.

Hopefully you will see that I have made drastic improvements and can help me to even further improve the design, layout, fix any typos, and anything else!

The new revamped shop is:

http://shop.ipodxtras.com/customer/

Thank you so much for peeking and please tell me how I can improve my store even more

Note to admin (please remove before posting): I added the requirement I previously overlooked.

Hi everyone,

I have been working very hard to revamp my website to something that is not so "out of the box" ordinary.

Hopefully you will see that I have made drastic improvements and can help me to even further improve the design, layout, fix any typos, and anything else!

Thank you so much for peeking and please tell me how I can improve my store even more

First impressions is that it looks good, nice clean crisp image. Love the logo, good colours.

Only thing I would criticise is the Grand Opening image on the front page is the grey parts behind the lettering. I would just keep it as a blue gradient to the top with rounded corners at the top (pretty much same as your header)

Love the site... just one think that kind of got to me...

it looks really flat, as in 2 dimensional and I expected something that would have jumped out at me..... other then that its awesome

Thanks for the feedback.

I will take those into consideration and play around with it. I will be back to start implementing suggestions around monday (this weekend is a trip!)

Keep the feedback rolling I TRULY appreciate it!

You need a thumbnail contrib. There is nothing that can beat nice clean crisp thumbnails. Right now it looks like you just squish your origional pictures.

Jud

Note to admin (please remove before posting): I added the requirement I previously overlooked.

Hi everyone,

I would use more compatible buttons.

get rid of the firefox compatible logo, it is too big and as a customer I couldn't care less.

Treasurer MFC

It really reminds me of mozilla's color scheme.

The most annoying part of the front page, other than FireFox logo(Which, IMO everyone by now realizes it rocks), is the negative space to the left of "Choose your iPod".

Other than that Nice job, clean and pleasant.

I can't really judge the lay out of your site, because it's atleast 10 times better than mine currently, but perhaps it would be an improvement to also sell iPods instead of just the extra's, I'm pretty sure people who would come across your site thinking "hey I must get one of these, look at all the extras I can get", would love to purchase the iPod together with their extra's.

That's just my 2 cents though.

mikeq: Hmmm... I will fool around with the design a bit more and see what I come up with. Thanks for the input!

indicaz: Flat is a good wat to describe it i suppose. Do you think it is better to enhance the design and try to make it more 3d or to leave it simpler as it might draw more attention to the content? What do you think?

Jud: Just implemented a thumbnail contribution. The extra pictures on some products are not yet adjusted by it as the code is not taking images through the tep_draw_image or what ever command it is. I will start to fix this soon. thank for your opinions!

boxtel: Firefox logo is now gone - see your point. More compatible buttons... Howso?

leandroc76: Firefox logo is now gone... Is the white space better now? I added a little SSL sign.

FalseDawn: In proccess of spell checking site. As for SSL also in proccess of adding it. Will be on before release for sure.

Han_: iPods are tricky to resell because of regulations apple has. Will look into it however.

Everone: Thank so much for your opinions I truly appreciate them. Still looking for more feedback!

Thank so much!

this site has no appeal to me, sorry. When I first go onto a site and if it doesnt flow very well then I usually go on with another link through google. I dont like to mimic sites or copy them, I do look at sites for inspiration. I love iPods myself and usually dont buy anything online for it but one site too look at for some possible inspirations is www.everythingipod.com the site has good color and flows well. best of all it is a very basic concetp.

Also, I think you should take out the name iFi and put in Klipsch for your external speakers since some customers will understand that it is a decent set of speakers and not some cheap taiwan set.

this site has no appeal to me, sorry.  When I first go onto a site and if it doesnt flow very well then I usually go on with another link through google.  I dont like to mimic sites or copy them, I do look at sites for inspiration.  I love iPods myself and usually dont buy anything online for it but one site too look at for some possible inspirations is www.everythingipod.com  the site has good color and flows well.  best of all it is a very basic concetp.

Also, I think you should take out the name iFi and put in Klipsch for your external speakers since some customers will understand that it is a decent set of speakers and not some cheap taiwan set.

Hi Demon,

Thank you for your feedback. If you could elaborate on some of the following points I would very much appreciate it:

?What about my site doesnt flow well? How could I make it flow better?

?You mention mimicing/copying websites. What do you mean by this in relation to my site?

?I agree with your point on the iFi

Thanks so much!

-Steve

Hi Demon,

Thank you for your feedback.? If you could elaborate on some of the following points I would very much appreciate it:

?What about my site doesnt flow well? How could I make it flow better?

?You mention mimicing/copying websites.? What do you mean by this in relation to my site?

?I agree with your point on the iFi

Thanks so much!

-Steve

Steve,

The one major flaw I see in your site is the gradients you are using. They are not consistent throughout the site especially with that wierdness in the grandopening image you have in the center. I think it is possible to get away with a blue orange gradient and blue grey is even easier, but the splatter effect you have going there isnt working for me. Also when you radiused boxes you should try to have a 1px border around them to give them distinction from the #ffffff background you are using or change the radiused boxes to a darker color like a #999999 and you can ditch the borders aroud the radiused boxes if you use that dark of a color.

I would never copy a site, but I do look at other sites for inspiration. Actually I watch a lot of TV for inspiration and just look at the designs of everything in general. The main point is to find a theme and run with it. I personally think that if you go with the orange on your site and plastic all of the boxes and then add the same color orange to a grid for a background and run it at about 15% opacity and you will have a dynomite site.

**Remember this is just my opinion and you should go with what you like, if you like your site then keep it.

if you want to talk more Im on almost all the time (I have no life) and you can reach me on msn messenger @ (i think).

Have to agree with demon_510 i'm afraid. The site is definitely not stock looking, but there is something not quite right somewhere.

I like the logo, links and search in the header.

I don't like the Grand opening bit, i would just get rid of that all together and put whatever else you can advertise there and don't tell everybody your new.

You have no SEO for header tags, metas and URL's. Need an image contribution aswell.

I didn't like clicking on the image in the product info and it sent me to more info, i expected to view the larger image.

When i did enlarge an image in the more info page, it wasn't much bigger or that impressive an image to make me decide whether to buy or not.

I know you are selling ipod extras, but i think you would benefit from selling ipods aswell or by having an affiliation with an ipod seller.

The "contact us" in the questions part of your shipping should be clickable.

I always think shortened words are wrong to use on websites, the English should be correct. ie in shipping again, at the start it says "You'll never have to worry" i think this should be "You will never have to worry" etc.

This doesn't make sense in shipping, "We Use" iPod Xtras uses any and/or any combination .

Actually looking more at it, i don't understand half of your shipping page.

I don't like the boxes/column on the right hand side. I think it would look better if the whole page was central. The right column goes off screen dependant upon your screen size and you end up scrolling across. Nobody likes doing that.

The product info page looks a bit weired to me with the image to the left of the description. I think it would flow better with the image on the right.

Your contact us page has a little telephone gif in the corner, but you don't have a telephone number showing anywhere i can see.

Quite a lot of little spelling and punctuation stuff, like this in your testimonials. "We do not a support a "Cash for Comment" "

Quote form your Returns page:" Plain and simple, if your not happy, neither are we. Send back your items, used or unused for a full refund." Does that mean i can buy one for my holiday and send it back when i get home and get a full refund? :D Coooool! Are there no conditions attached to the refund, 30 days unconditional seems a long time for someone to decide they don't like what they have bought.

Anyway, the sites not as bad as all that above looks, just comments on what i have noticed and hopefully may help you out.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Everyone,

Thank you for your help and continued support. i have been adjusting and changing things that you guys have pointed out. i really value your opinions and comments.

i will be making a few more changes.

if there is anything else that you see that could be improved please let me know

thanks

Archived