• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I put a bg color in footer.php ???

kingkahn22

Would someone be kind enough to post the very simple piece of code, I require to make footer.php have a back ground color?

It doesn't seem to work with Html code. I do not know PHP, and couldn't find a referance for this simple code bit.

Thank you

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to change the background color of that footer area? (the area that says "Copyright 2003 oscCommerce Powered by osCommerce"

What is the code and where does it go?

thanks!

To change the footer color behind the osc bit is best done via the style sheet, 1st off give the table that holds the info a class by going to about line 22 in the footer.php

<table border="0" class="footertable" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText">

<?php

/*

The following copyright announcement can only be

appropriately modified or removed if the layout of

the site theme has been modified to distinguish

itself from the default osCommerce-copyrighted

theme.

once you have added in the bit highlighted in red above go to the stylesheet and add this

.footertable{

background: #ff0000;

}

That it, just change the color to what you want.

Regards

Ian

Cool. Thanks, that worked. I did'nt realize there is another area below the footer area which remains white. Do you know how to change that area's background color? (It must be the very bottom strechable area of the page)

Thanks again!

To change the footer color behind the osc bit is best done via the style sheet, 1st off give the table that holds the info a class by going to about line 22 in the footer.php

<table border="0"  class="footertable" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText">

<?php

/*

The following copyright announcement can only be

appropriately modified or removed if the layout of

the site theme has been modified to distinguish

itself from the default osCommerce-copyrighted

theme.

once you have added in the bit highlighted in red above go to the stylesheet and add this

.footertable{

background: #ff0000;

}

That it, just change the color to what you want.

Regards

Ian

Well, I followed the instructions, but apparently the background that I am using overrides the footer. I would like the footer and header to have completely different looks as opposed to the main body. Can I do this when using an image as a background?

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i did the following but online the line along the copyright text changes colour?

i want everything underneath the bread crumb to change colour. so i have a solid background.

any ideas?

any more ideas?

Here's a link to the stylesheet definitions, it might be helpful.

OSC Stylesheet Definitions

I use an image in the body background and do it by setting a new class in the stylesheet,

.bodybg {background-image: url(images/mdbluebg.jpg);margin: 0;padding: 0;}

And added the class to teh body tag in each appropriate catalog file (basically almost everything under catalog. I did this because I was having trouble with getting netscape and moz to see the background image just using an image for background in the body section of the stylesheet.

Lauren

Archived