• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL ERROR need help fast

demonz

hey,

i went to check my site out not so long ago and it gave me this error please help me fix it.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/content/d/e/m/demon99/html/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What does it mean and how do i fix it....i havent changed anyhing in the last 5 days or so.

Thanks,

Jonny

It means you are probably using a crappy shared host that caps the number of connections.

Make sure you are not using persistent connections, i.e. you have

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

in your configure.php files. If you do, it's time to move to a better host.

hey,

i went to check my site out not so long ago and it gave me this error please help me fix it.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/content/d/e/m/demon99/html/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What does it mean and how do i fix it....i havent changed anyhing in the last 5 days or so.

Thanks,

Jonny

have you checked with your host to see if they have a problem?

mine had some problems the other day.

i just sent them a report on the issue and may i ask who are you hosted with?

im with godaddy.

Thanks for your reply more help aprecciated,

Jonny

i am with heart internet, they are moving their server or something and during the migration it went down for a bit.

lol, you guys need to get proper hosts. "paying peanuts" and "getting monkeys" springs to mind...

Hey,

who are you with as im new to this whole paying for hosting thing. since i like to save money i used to use freewebs (yes i know it sh**) . neways the thing is who are the best hosts??

We should realy start a new topic.

(I got a new laptop WOOOHOOO :P)

Umm, do you think you oculd make your signature image a little smaller?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

lol, you guys need to get proper hosts. "paying peanuts" and "getting monkeys" springs to mind...

lol i definitley dont pay peanuts.

This is my first time using a host. And i have had a few problems but not all was their fault, i am on AOL and a few problems have been because of them.

Archived