• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

missing order detail

I had a 1064 error on my site when new orders were processed using paypal. Customer would register & place order, but I couldn't see the order info, only the customer registration file- got the 1064 error when trying to look at the order detail. Looked through the forms for code fix & thought we fixed it. We processed a test order confirming the fix. It went through fine - although it was using an existing customer file. Got a new order today from a new customer - shows customer registration file, but no evidence of order. Not even the 1064 error. If I look under customers, I see the person listed. If I look under their orders, there is nothing. Not even the 1064 error. The only way I know there was an order placed was when paypal emailed me the transaction notification. Any suggestions? www.trevorstreats.com thanks. Kelly :unsure:

I had a 1064 error on my site when new orders were processed using paypal.  Customer would register & place order, but I couldn't see the order info, only the customer registration file- got the 1064 error when trying to look at the order detail.  Looked through the forms for code fix & thought we fixed it. We processed a test order confirming the fix.  It went through fine - although it was using an existing customer file.  Got a new order today from a new customer - shows customer registration file, but no evidence of order.  Not even the 1064 error.  If I look under customers, I see the person listed.  If I look under their orders, there is nothing.  Not even the 1064 error.  The only way I know there was an order placed was when paypal emailed me the transaction notification.  Any suggestions?  www.trevorstreats.com  thanks. Kelly :unsure:

I have had an order placed today paid by paypal but did not recieve an order, the coustomer details are avaivble but no order, Is there something changed today at Paypal or something?

David

I had a 1064 error on my site when new orders were processed using paypal.  Customer would register & place order, but I couldn't see the order info, only the customer registration file- got the 1064 error when trying to look at the order detail.  Looked through the forms for code fix & thought we fixed it. We processed a test order confirming the fix.  It went through fine - although it was using an existing customer file.  Got a new order today from a new customer - shows customer registration file, but no evidence of order.  Not even the 1064 error.  If I look under customers, I see the person listed.  If I look under their orders, there is nothing.  Not even the 1064 error.  The only way I know there was an order placed was when paypal emailed me the transaction notification.  Any suggestions?  www.trevorstreats.com  thanks. Kelly :unsure:

Check through your phpmyadmin (or whatever you use to administer the database) that the orders status field is being filled in. One that is null will cause it to not show up

I have just been doing a few checks and sending payments through PayPal it appears unless the client clicks return to merchant the order is not made but the Paypal payment is still made.

Has anybody come accross this before or know if there is a fix

David

David

I have just been doing a few checks  and sending payments through PayPal it appears unless the client clicks return to merchant the order is not made but the Paypal payment is still made.

Has anybody come accross this before or know if there is a fix

David

I hope someone might have an answer or a fix for this. I have no way of knowing what item(s) a person has ordered unless I can get them to email me!

A couple of quick fixes so you can get the order details, until you find out what the problem is....

Either,

A. Install the master password contribution which will let you log in as though you are the customer, using their email address and the new master password, and what they ordered will still be in their basket, and then complete the order again yourself, but select a different payment method, such as cheque.

B. Install the manual order entry contribution, and basically do the same as above.

I somtimes get payments but with no orders, and is normally when people do the payment and leave the site thinking the payment has gone through, before they get sent back to osc for the confirmation page.

The other thing is that depending on some peoples browser settings it will warn them that after they have made the payment they are being sent to a page that is not secure, and will be asked if they want to continue or not? Obviuosly some people panic and click no, and it doesnt send them back to the conformation page.

Check through your phpmyadmin (or whatever you use to administer the database) that the orders status field is being filled in.  One that is null will cause it to not show up

when at phpmyadmin, what folder do we check for order status? There are several folders that show an order status field. When looking in the Order status field, it is set to no under null, and 0 for default.

when at phpmyadmin, what folder do we check for order status?  There are several folders that show an order status field.  When looking in the Order status field, it is set to no under null, and 0 for default.

there are 2 reasons I know of for orders not showing up

1) The table orders_status does not have any records in it. Go into Admin|Localization|Orders Status

If none in there add some, such as Pending, Processing and Dispatched.

2) and this will happen if they were missing from 1 above. The orders dont have a status attached to them. In the table Orders there is a field orders_status which gets its value from 1 above. If this field is null then they wont show up.

How to resolve this? First you MUST setup the orders status in 1 above.

If you have the order id (which you should from the email you were sent) you can go into Admin|Customer|Orders, top right there is a box to enter order id for searching. Put in the order id, then when order comes up pick one of the status and update the order.

if you dont have the order id go into phpmyadmin browse orders_status table, take a note of the first records orders_status_id, it will be a number probably 1.

then run a SQL query (click the SQL tab then enter the following into the Run SQL Query box)

update orders set orders_status = 1 where orders_status = 0

the number in red is the number you read from the table

A. Install the master password contribution which will let you log in as though you are the customer, using their email address and the new master password, and what they ordered will still be in their basket, and then complete the order again yourself, but select a different payment method, such as cheque.

Im going to attempt to install the master PW contrib. In reading the install docs Its telling me to do 2 things, i can handle editing the .php files but I have no clue on the SQL stuff.

| RUN THE SQL |

-------------

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('188', 'Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', MD5('yourpassword'), 'This password will allow you to login to any customers account.', 1, 23, '2004-06-15 07:10:52', '2004-06-15 07:10:52', NULL, NULL);

How and/or where do I do this? myphpadmin?

Thanks so much for your help.

Im going to attempt to install the master PW contrib.  In reading the install docs Its telling me to do 2 things, i can handle editing the .php files but I have no clue on the SQL stuff.

How and/or where do I do this?  myphpadmin?

Thanks so much for your help.

Is your other problem solved?

Is this a new problem/thing you are doing I would suggest starting a new thread.

I wouldnt install anything until you have resolved your other issue, you may just compound the problem. Then who knows what is causing the issues

there are 2 reasons I know of for orders not showing up

1) The table orders_status does not have any records in it. Go into Admin|Localization|Orders Status

If none in there add some, such as Pending, Processing and Dispatched.

We do have pending (default), processing & delivered under order status. So we are all set there. The site was working fine until we switched to paypal for cc processing. Has it been confirmed what David 3733 suggests, where unless the client clicks return to merchant the order is not made but the Paypal payment is still made? We are wondering if this is infact the true problem.

Kelly

Archived