• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Displaying delivery charges and tax on cart page

Enzo_UK

I would like to have the delivery charges and tax included on the shopping_cart.php page so people will have some idea of the total cost, before they register as a customer.

As a temporary measure I made a small table with the delivery charges in it, that I have displayed on the bottom of the page http://www.vwspares.co.uk/shopping_cart.php but would like it to include the charges in the calculation.

I have set up 5 different UK delivery zones, and delivery charges depend on which zone....

But as 95% of orders just go to mainland UK I am happy for it to just use the ?5.95 as a guide, and then if someone from another zone wants to place an order it will show them the correct delivery charge on checkout_shipping.php and again on checkout_confirmation.php

Even though I have the delivery charges shown on there, and elsewhere in the site, I still get people emailing and asking what the delivery charges are, before they register as a customer, so is probably losing me sales.

Are there any contribuions that will do this, or will it be quite simple to do by editing the shopping_cart.php page?

As I dont export parts to outside the UK I just have a single flat rate for tax, which is 17.5% so atleast that part should be fairly simple!

Archived