• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

White Space - Can't Remove Welcome Message

Sowdy

Hey peoples,

Having a bit of drama removing the 'Welcome Guest' message, i've followed instructions to edit the includes/languages/index page....but to no avail.....i still get "TEXT_GREETING_GUEST" on the top and a heap of white space.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also...where would i find the code to edit what background images are displayed for the right hand column???

If you have a look here: http://covaltperformance.com.au/shop/index.php you can see that the button images are being replicated from left to right but i cant find the code to edit it!!!!

Thanks every1,

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave,

You actually didn't need to change the includes/languages/english/index.php - that is just calling the text.

What you do need to change is the index.php in the root directory of your OSCommerce store.

Find the code with "TEXT_GREETING_GUEST" and comment it out completely. That will get rid of the call all together. Now it's still calling that DEFINE function, but isn't finding any text in the file you changed.

Hope that helps :D

Adrienne

Hey peoples,

Having a bit of drama removing the 'Welcome Guest' message, i've followed instructions to edit the includes/languages/index page....but to no avail.....i still get "TEXT_GREETING_GUEST" on the top and a heap of white space.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also...where would i find the code to edit what background images are displayed for the right hand column???

If you have a look here: http://covaltperformance.com.au/shop/index.php you can see that the button images are being replicated from left to right but i cant find the code to edit it!!!!

Thanks every1,

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi! Look at your includes/languages/english.php near the bottom:

Comment out or remove text. Use [Cntrl F] to find if needed.

// define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', ' REMOVE TEXT HERE ');

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

Archived