• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category problems

screege

Hi I am getting this error on some of my site categories when clicking directly on them:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /full/path/to/site/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 55

It gives me this error only on two of my categories the others when clicked show the products fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hi I am getting this error on some of my site categories when clicking directly on them:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /full/path/to/site/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 55

It gives me this error only on two of my categories the others when clicked show the products fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

How many products do you have in the cats that cause the error?

Dont forget to Search. Your problem has already been fixed before.<br>

Please visit Manchester-Fireworks.com.

I had a similar problem when I decided to add pictures for my links manager and I noticed there was a substantial delay when the code code was trying to fetch the pictures from the various sites. Now with products/categories if you have any references to other sites like manufacturers pictures it may cause something similar.

The core has a support function in general.php called tep_set_time_limit you can use to adjust the time-out of a script. If you set the input arg to 0 it eliminates the time-out alltogether but it will still controlled by the php.ini

Regards

Archived