• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

Punkrockcarl

I've installed Product Attributes - Option Type Feature into oscommerce and I installed the two .sql files that came with it to phpMyadmin.

Once I install the sql files I get this error when I try to view the front end of my store, "Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in .../functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!"

I've no idea what has happened, I really need this to work in order to list products on my site.

The way I add the sql files to phpMyadmin, are I click on the table "products_options" then click the SQL tab at the top and then browse for the file, option_type_feature.sql. and then it says that the file has been installed successfully.

I do the same procedure for the table products_options_values with the insert_text_option_value.sql.

If anyone can offer any insight to what is happening I would br greatful, I've started with fresh copies of osCommerce and still the same problems.

Thank You,

Carl

I've installed Product Attributes - Option Type Feature into oscommerce and I installed the two .sql files that came with it to phpMyadmin.

Once I install the sql files I get this error when I try to view the front end of my store, "Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in .../functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!"

Hi Carl,

Just so that you know...I am no expert and am trying to learn this myself.

I also installed the option type contribution and had the same problem. If you go to your catalog/includes/configure.php file, you will see where you need to define your database connection...when you overwrote the file for the contrib, you canceled out all the settings.

If you go to your admin/includes/configure.php you can find what the settings should be and just copy them over.

Hope I helped,

Linda

Archived