• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simplied user registration

I'm looking to simplify the user sign up, in that, the only thing that is need to create an account is to enter an email address and password.

Address details should not be asked for until checkout, unless they have added such details manaully in their account

is this possible ?

thanks

Dan

I'm looking to simplify the user sign up, in that, the only thing that is need to create an account is to enter an email address and password.

Address details should not be asked for until checkout, unless they have added such details manaully in their account

is this possible ?

thanks

Dan

If you go into your admin area under configuration and define the minimum values, you can make thing required, not required or simple take them out.

HTH

Lori

so that will remove the options from the user registration page, but when "x customer" goes through the checkout, will they be prompted for the information then ?

so that will remove the options from the user registration page, but when "x customer" goes through the checkout, will they be prompted for the information then ?

Sorry, I just realized that I added a contribution to customize "create account".

If you do a search in the contributions for custom create account, it should bring it up.

Lori

thanks Lori for you reply, but the contribution is not one I'd like to use, firstly, because its designed for clean installs of OSc and also, i do not want to turn these features off completly, just have them required at a later stage in the checkout.

sorry to be awkward

Archived