Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Collation in tables currencies and orders_total


Guest

Recommended Posts

After restoring a backup in de DB I've found out the the euro-sign (?) has been replaced by two questionmarks (??) in the tables currencies and orders_total.

In the dump the euro-sign is correct.

So it has to be something to do with filling the DB with the dump.

After altering the tables with PhPMyAdmin (the euro-sign in currencies can be changed in Admin too) I have no problems. The shop itself works fine.

 

I know now that the collation value of the tabel currencies and orders_total is latin1_swedish_ci.

Probably this collation doesn't support the euro-sign. So during importing the euro-sign it is replaced by two questionmarks.

 

My understanding of MySQL is limited so maybe someone with more understanding can help out.

 

To which value do I have to change the collation to import correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Addition:

I tried to import from a text-file and the problem occurs..

when I copy the contents of the text-file and paste is as sql-statement in phpmyadmin it works fine..

So probably it is a problem of phpmyadmin and not a Oscommerce question :'(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Addition:

I tried to import from a text-file and the problem occurs..

when I copy the contents of the text-file and paste is as sql-statement in phpmyadmin it works fine..

So probably it is a problem of phpmyadmin and not a Oscommerce question :'(

 

More likely it is apache using the wrong character set, this is set in the httpd.conf. If you do not have access to this I suggest you speak to your hosting provider.

 

I know I had to add this

 

AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1

 

to my servers httpd.conf file and that cured the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More likely it is apache using the wrong character set, this is set in the httpd.conf.  If you do not have access to this I suggest you speak to your hosting provider.

 

I know I had to add this

 

AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1

 

to my servers httpd.conf file and that cured the problem.

 

Opening my local file shows this:

#

# Specify a default charset for all pages sent out. This is

# always a good idea and opens the door for future internationalisation

# of your web site, should you ever want it. Specifying it as

# a default does little harm; as the standard dictates that a page

# is in iso-8859-1 (latin1) unless specified otherwise i.e. you

# are merely stating the obvious. There are also some security

# reasons in browsers, related to javascript and URL parsing

# which encourage you to always set a default char set.

#

AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1

 

#

# Commonly used filename extensions to character sets. You probably

# want to avoid clashes with the language extensions, unless you

# are good at carefully testing your setup after each change.

# See ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/character-sets for

# the official list of charset names and their respective RFCs

#

AddCharset ISO-8859-1 .iso8859-1 .latin1

AddCharset ISO-8859-2 .iso8859-2 .latin2 .cen

AddCharset ISO-8859-3 .iso8859-3 .latin3

AddCharset ISO-8859-4 .iso8859-4 .latin4

AddCharset ISO-8859-5 .iso8859-5 .latin5 .cyr .iso-ru

AddCharset ISO-8859-6 .iso8859-6 .latin6 .arb

AddCharset ISO-8859-7 .iso8859-7 .latin7 .grk

AddCharset ISO-8859-8 .iso8859-8 .latin8 .heb

AddCharset ISO-8859-9 .iso8859-9 .latin9 .trk

AddCharset ISO-2022-JP .iso2022-jp .jis

AddCharset ISO-2022-KR .iso2022-kr .kis

AddCharset ISO-2022-CN .iso2022-cn .cis

AddCharset Big5 .Big5 .big5

# For russian, more than one charset is used (depends on client, mostly):

AddCharset WINDOWS-1251 .cp-1251 .win-1251

AddCharset CP866 .cp866

AddCharset KOI8-r .koi8-r .koi8-ru

AddCharset KOI8-ru .koi8-uk .ua

AddCharset ISO-10646-UCS-2 .ucs2

AddCharset ISO-10646-UCS-4 .ucs4

AddCharset UTF-8 .utf8

 

# The set below does not map to a specific (iso) standard

# but works on a fairly wide range of browsers. Note that

# capitalization actually matters (it should not, but it

# does for some browsers).

#

# See ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/character-sets

# for a list of sorts. But browsers support few.

#

AddCharset GB2312 .gb2312 .gb

AddCharset utf-7 .utf7

AddCharset utf-8 .utf8

AddCharset big5 .big5 .b5

AddCharset EUC-TW .euc-tw

AddCharset EUC-JP .euc-jp

AddCharset EUC-KR .euc-kr

AddCharset shift_jis .sjis

 

I see that the suggested addition is already in the file

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...