• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Additional Languages

Hi all,

I have installed some additional languages, but they do not change the language of the product description, or the category names - only the default oscommerce stuff.

Surely there is a way to do this?

Tanks

You have to do that manually when entering the categories and the product descriptions. If you have more than one language installed you should have multible boxes to fill out while entering the info.

I have also seen babelfish.altavista.com used to translate entire sites. They have a service, I believe but have never tried it. If you do not speak (or now how to write) a language you want to have on your site there are numerous translation sites/services out there.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

You have to do that manually when entering the categories and the product descriptions. If you have more than one language installed you should have multible boxes to fill out while entering the info.

I have also seen babelfish.altavista.com used to translate entire sites. They have a service, I believe but have never tried it. If you do not speak (or now how to write) a language you want to have on your site there are numerous translation sites/services out there.

I have tried babelfish, yesterday it worked well, translated the dhtml menu, today it doesnt lol

I guess I'll keep searching :)

Archived