• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint issues: Could not execute curl

davidj

when i attempt to run a credit card using the Linpoint payment module i get the following error: There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again : Could not execute curl

-it seems that others have had this problem but I have not found a definitive solution in the forums as of yet. any help is greatly appreciated.

my hosting company has confirmed that php is compiled with curl. any more suggestions? i have tried some of various tweaks listed in the forums but none have wroked as of yet.

You host needs to provide cURL support - some do not. Specifically, PHP needs to be compiled with the cURL libs.

Sometimes that error message about could not execute curl is because curl returns a null response from the site being contacted and the linkpoint code assumes that curl failed, but curl is just fine.

Check that your ISP has allowed port 1129 to be open, this sometimes is one of the problems.

HTH

Tom

• 8 months later...

I am having the same problem. The following steps have been taken, but still receiving the error:

1. checked permissions on .pem file

2. opened port 1129

Any other suggestions?

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." Katherine Hepburn

Which version of link point are you using I got had the same thing happen and the reason was that it didnt have a failure page built in to the contrib so I had to make one and that seem to do the trick for me.

when i attempt to run a credit card using the Linpoint payment module i get the following error: There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again : Could not execute curl

-it seems that others have had this problem but I have not found a definitive solution in the forums as of yet. any help is greatly appreciated.

I use linkpoint and had the same problem in the beginnnig. You need to make sure that your checkout_confirmation.php does not show the session id. In order to do so, make this change to checkout_payment.php:

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL', false), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Added false to tep_href_link(checkout_payment) link so Linkpoint wont see sid-. Note: I added a third parameter to the tep_href_link function so that it would not append the session id when transferring to the checkout_confirmation page.

Hope that helps!

• 2 months later...
I use linkpoint and had the same problem in the beginnnig. You need to make sure that your checkout_confirmation.php does not show the session id. In order to do so, make this change to checkout_payment.php:

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL', false), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Added false to tep_href_link(checkout_payment) link so Linkpoint wont see sid-. Note: I added a third parameter to the tep_href_link function so that it would not append the session id when transferring to the checkout_confirmation page.

Hope that helps!

I am having the same problem. When I apply the "fix" above, it "breaks" in that it takes me back to the login screen.

Suggestions?

Archived