- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking a bit different: having the redeem box and its button before the payment options, pressing the button will not go to checkout_confirmation but again to checkout_payment with a message like "coupon code  redeemed" or "invalid coupon code" or whatever error. Once coupons are redeemed, customer can click on the "continue" button. It will not disturb if you use the "order total in payment page" contribution (is it a contribution or a mod found in the forum by the way?).

What about that?

- Rigadin

HI everyone,

I would say that if the redeem field is empty a error message could appear saying somthing like "no voucher code entered" or whatever, in the same fashion an error is dysplay if the code is incorrect.

So the users could not get to confirmation page unless a valid code is provided or the countinue button has been clicked (because the y dont have a voucher or dont want to use it at that point).

any suggestions on this? i am trying to tweak the error function to do this, but no success so far.... :blush: not proficiency at php

regards,

unai

"Dream as if you'll live forever...

live as if you'll die today."

HI everyone,

I would say that if the redeem field is empty a error message could appear saying somthing like "no voucher code entered" or whatever, in the same fashion an error is dysplay if the code is incorrect.

So the users could not get to confirmation page unless a valid code is provided or the countinue button has been  clicked (because the y dont have a voucher or dont want to use it at that point).

any suggestions on this? i am trying to tweak the error function to do this, but no success so far.... :blush:  not proficiency at php

regards,

unai

Is there any pictures anywhere to see how this contribution looks ?

I was thinking a bit different: having the redeem box and its button before the payment options, pressing the button will not go to checkout_confirmation but again to checkout_payment with a message like "coupon code  redeemed" or "invalid coupon code" or whatever error. Once coupons are redeemed, customer can click on the "continue" button. It will not disturb if you use the "order total in payment page" contribution (is it a contribution or a mod found in the forum by the way?).

What about that?

The issue with that idea, Rigadin, is that the redemption code checking is all in checkout_confirmation - you'd need to move that to checkout_payment, which may not be trivial. Also, if you tick 'use gift vouchers', and your balance exceeds your order total, 'credit_covers' ensures that you progress smoothly to the next stage.

I have moved the redeem box before the payment options, and also (in the past) have made Credit Card the default payment option (too many customers entering credit card data, and then selecting the next option down!). So now, when someone puts in a valid voucher code and hits redeem, they get ugly error messages to say that the credit card info is missing.

The obvious way to do this is to squash the CC error code if there was a voucher code entered, but no credit card number (i.e. still get an error if there was CC data entered), but to make the verification of one module (credit card) dependent on data in another (presence of a voucher code) seems a bit 'ham-fisted' - is there better way?

Quentin

Edited by cube

Hello all,

i have updated my CCGV to rigadin?s version, and running great now here.

But one i miss :

When a customer redeem his voucher he see the voucher in the

payment process, but without the - .

He see only :

Voucher: $2.50

In invoice and co is this the same, who is the - ?

Who can i add the - in the payment process at our shop for CCGV ??

Greets

Hobbes

Edited by Hobbes_TheReal

Hello all,

i have updated my CCGV to rigadin?s version, and running great now here.

But one i miss :

When a customer redeem his voucher he see the voucher in the

payment process, but without the    -    .

He see only :

Voucher: $2.50

In invoice and co is this the same, who is the    -  ?

Who can i add the      -    in the payment process at our shop for CCGV ??

Greets

Hobbes

Easily -

Change ot_gv.php, process() function:

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',
                          'text' => '<b>-' . $currencies->format($od_amount) . '</b>',
                          'value' => $od_amount);

Note the '-' after the <b> tag.

Haven't fully verified that this works, but looks OK at first glance.

Quentin

Hello cube :)

many thanks, but i have change it too :

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',
                          'text' => '<b> - ' . $currencies->format($od_amount) . '</b>',
                          'value' => $od_amount);

Looks a bit nicer, i think.

But thanks to help me so fast :)

Cheers

Hobbes

You are right, an error should be displayed and in my opinion we should never go to checkout_confirmation when using the redeem button. This should be implemented in both the coupon and the gift voucher modules (in case only one is used). The errors are generated in function collect_posts(). Anybody to do this?

Rigadin

In ot_gv.php, collect_posts, change the last section:

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && $gv_result['coupon_type'] == 'G') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL'));

to

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && !$HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code']) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL'));

The sharp eyed amongst you will see that the new code has been (almost) ripped from ot_coupon.php, which correctly detects the non-entry of a coupon code!

Quentin

In ot_gv.php, collect_posts, change the last section:

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && $gv_result['coupon_type'] == 'G') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL'));

to

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && !$HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code']) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL'));

The sharp eyed amongst you will see that the new code has been (almost) ripped from ot_coupon.php, which correctly detects the non-entry of a coupon code!

Quentin

THnks quentin, that was it!!!!

however if you want to have the error displayed as a box insteasd an url as modified in 5.13....you would have to change:

to....

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && !$HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code']) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=' .$this->code.'&error=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL')); }

and thats it.

thanks all

regards,

unai

THnks quentin, that was it!!!!

however if you want to have the error displayed as a box insteasd an url as modified in 5.13....you would have to change:

? ? if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && $gv_result['coupon_type'] == 'G') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL'));

to....

?
if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit_redeem_x'] && !$HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code']) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=' .$this->code.'&error=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL')); }

and thats it.

thanks all

regards,

unai

Doing it that way I get the following error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_error() in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/checkout_payment.php on line 219

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Doing it that way I get the following error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_error() in /home/popthet/public_html/catalog/checkout_payment.php on line 219

its strange becuase i have tested the code i posted in 2 lives sites and in a production server with no problems whatsover..........

when and how do u get that error?maybe we can help u out, or maybe there some1 else with the same error.

regards,

unai

hi all,

dont know what to say, its working here, i have tested throughoutfully......

i got a heavily modified shop, maybe its because of that. i hav ethe 5.13 installed but no the paypal ipn.

sorry about that, i have it working here so i though i could helpout someone.

when do u get the error?

regards,

unai

I get it just by clicking on the redeem button and leaving the redemption code field blank. It does not matter if I have the payment option blank, checked or check to use a voucher balance. Same error comes up.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

what i did was to follow the same code as when the code is incorrect.

i merged what quentin posted with the existing code to display the error when a code is incorrect.

on my sites works both ways. i whish i could point u in the right direction, someone with better php understanding may post the answer.;)

sorry i can be more helpfull

regards,

unai

hey all

I'm still using ccgv510c, the bug fix version...

My main problem right now is that a 10% discount coupon on a specific item is only applying the 10% discount to the shipping, not the actual product. Anyone run across this? Has it been addressed in the newer version?

The install doc doesn't cover upgrading to 513 so not sure how to proceed. My store has many other contribs so I need to be careful...

thanks, bopp

hey all

I'm still using ccgv510c, the bug fix version...

My main problem right now is that a 10% discount coupon on a specific item is only applying the 10% discount to the shipping, not the actual product. Anyone run across this? Has it been addressed in the newer version?

The install doc doesn't cover upgrading to 513 so not sure how to proceed. My store has many other contribs so I need to be careful...

thanks, bopp

hi!

You are using 5.10c, so it will NOT work the code i posted before. the reason is that in the 5.13 the errors messages are display as a box in a different manner as the version you are using.

so i would recommend you to upgrade to 5.13.(there are also security fixes, this one is usability related)..

.i also upgraded it myself last week. i just went to the contrib area and installed one by one the bug fixes and improvements till today. it could be a simplier wasy to do it, but as i have a heavily modified shop i like to change things bit by bit, so its easier to trobleshoot.

hope this helps

regards,

unai

Hi all,

I have installed 5.13 and when trying to redeem a gift voucher I get

MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_TEXT_ERROR <-- This as a title

ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT$120.00 <-- This in the box

And I can not see any purchase voucher in the vouchers queue in admin... any ideas how I can fix this?

Alex

Hi,

I have recently installed Rigadin's v5.13 and it installed smoothly and seems to work for the most part.

I use PayPal_IPN (I installed the Jan 27th update for use with CCGV) and when it gets to paypal it doesn't register the tax amount or the voucher amount if I have PayPal_IPN using "Per Item" as the transaction type.

What makes this more frustrating is that if I switch over to "Aggregated" transaction type the voucher works yet the tax class doesn't show up.

I have verified that I am using the correct sort order (as according to earlier posts).

I understand that Rigadin doesn't use PayPal_IPN and can't test it.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do you fix it to work with either transaction type? At this point I don't care what transaction type; although, would be nice if I could use the "per item" at some point.

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thank you,

James

Hi,

I have registered the non display of the tax on the PayPal developer forum as i think the problem is there. When testing the IPN I noticed that the tax amounts are then displayed on the second page of the PayPal.

The gift Voucher part, I am not aware of as i do not have the module installed, I was actaully looking on the froum for something else.

Malcolm

Hi,

I have recently installed Rigadin's v5.13 and it installed smoothly and seems to work for the most part.

I use PayPal_IPN (I installed the Jan 27th update for use with CCGV) and when it gets to paypal it doesn't register the tax amount or the voucher amount if I have PayPal_IPN using "Per Item" as the transaction type.

What makes this more frustrating is that if I switch over to "Aggregated" transaction type the voucher works yet the tax class doesn't show up.

I have verified that I am using the correct sort order (as according to earlier posts).

I understand that Rigadin doesn't use PayPal_IPN and can't test it.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do you fix it to work with either transaction type? At this point I don't care what transaction type; although, would be nice if I could use the "per item" at some point.

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thank you,

James

thanks unai...i will do that drill...did  you install every update/bug fix of just the big ones, like version 511? I'm wondering if i can just do the 513 upgrade and have everything in there...

bopp

the first time i instlled this contrib was on 5.11, if you look in the contrib it may look threatening but there aremany minor fixes in languages files or in module that u may or not use.

personallyi just installed the bug fixes, till 5.13.....

on the 5.13 install file says: - Based on v5.12 Full package by Muibi (4 feb 2005).

so just go up there from your package and follow the instructions, whtch arewell written and easy to follow.

regards,

unai