• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

The question about gift certificates being used at osC checkout and a real store AND stop customers using them twice is a difficult one to answer.

As far as online sales go the customer can email a partial or full amount to anyone and still retain some balance for themselves so I would advise you apply a simple logic... don't let in store customers use their osC vouchers.

The way the CCGV is set it is possible to make it do something similar to what you want by using the coupons codes instead but then the customer cannot use partial discounts to send to friends etc (and cannot make a partial reedemption)

If you post an image how are you protected? You aren't.

I don't really think our gift certs are going to be split...they are basically always used as gifts. I do like the idea of not using them instore but some will be gifts for services in our Center, massage, etc as well as products. I will try to see how I can use it with coupon codes.

Thanks!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think our gift certs are going to be split...they are basically always used as gifts. I do like the idea of not using them instore but some will be gifts for services in our Center, massage, etc as well as products. I will try to see how I can use it with coupon codes.

Thanks!

I apologize for posting in both CCGV and CCGV(trad). I have CCGV(trad) installed and will be more careful when posting.

Marcia

I added Credit Class & Gift Voucher 5.18 with success.

I did have to do the fix for the paypal error: (Fix in ot_gv.php)

But HOW DO I ADD A COUPON PRODUCT I CAN SELL? :-"

Thanks! :rolleyes: (and happy holidays!)

-=grig

Is there a way to only allow customers to use 1 coupon if they have 2 valid coupons?

I was wanting two different coupons being advertised in different places, but I do not want the two combined on checkout should a customer get their hands on both of them. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Shawn

Is there a way to only allow customers to use 1 coupon if they have 2 valid coupons?

customers can only redeem one coupon at a time. in your scenario they have to purcahse items applying 1 coupon code and then buy more items with the second coupon code - in that case you cannot resrict the useage unless you create your own code and add it to the CCGV

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I am interested in using the latest version of CC/GV/DC but I do cannot find any installation instructions for editing existing files. Is there a link I am missing that has instructions for editing existing files?

Also, I try to download the latest version 5.18 and the file extension is both .tar.zip and I cannot get either winzip or powerzip to open it.

I am interested in using the latest version of CC/GV/DC but I do cannot find any installation instructions for editing existing files. Is there a link I am missing that has instructions for editing existing files?

Also, I try to download the latest version 5.18 and the file extension is both .tar.zip and I cannot get either winzip or powerzip to open it.

there is no way to add the files to your existing store unless you manually text-diff the files - there is no other way.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Edit the file:

catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

At line 60 find:

[...]

Here is another solution, that I think looks a bit nicer as it pushes the REDEEM button to the right.

$selection_string = '<tr><td> </td><td class="main">';

$selection_string .= tep_draw_form('checkout_payment_gift', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post');

$selection_string .= '<table width="100%"><tr><td class="main"> ';

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code', '') ;

$selection_string .= '</td><td align="right">';

$selection_string .= tep_image_submit('button_redeem.gif', IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER, 'onclick="return submitFunction()"');

$selection_string .= '</td></tr></table></form></td></tr>';

there is no way to add the files to your existing store unless you manually text-diff the files - there is no other way.

That is what I want to do-a manual install. So any new files for this contrib I would upload. Any existing files I will need to edit manually. But I cannot find any instructions like all the other contribs that gives you step by step instructions on what files to edit.

Sorry to jump in, but isn't there a flaw in this Contribution ?

If I inspect the $order['total'] value in checkout_process.php

after:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

echo $order['total'];

a Discount Coupon used for Free Shipping is not considered in the Order Subtotal or Total.

Shouldn't there be a change in change order.php -> function cart() to consider the Coupons and Gift Vouchers ?

Sorry, if I am wrong here, but I thought I'd rather ask.

Stefan

a Discount Coupon used for Free Shipping is not considered in the Order Subtotal or Total.

Shouldn't there be a change in change order.php -> function cart() to consider the Coupons and Gift Vouchers ?

No there should be no change because free shipping overrides the coupon discount. (read the install file)

as it stands, a customer can't have both it is one or the other per transaction.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

That is what I want to do-a manual install. So any new files for this contrib I would upload. Any existing files I will need to edit manually. But I cannot find any instructions like all the other contribs that gives you step by step instructions on what files to edit.

there aren't any because no-one made them. you have to upload the files and then manually text-diff the others.

CHOOCH

No there should be no change because free shipping overrides the coupon discount. (read the install file)

as it stands, a customer can't have both it is one or the other per transaction.

I understand this with both Coupons, but if I only use a Discount Coupon as Free Shipping there is no code

in order.php -> function cart() that would deduct it from the Order Total.

Stefan

I understand this with both Coupons, but if I only use a Discount Coupon as Free Shipping there is no code in order.php -> function cart() that would deduct it from the Order Total.

does it really matter where the answer lay? as long as it works the way the designer said it would, i think there is no problem if the override function is from the database or from the orders file.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I have spent two hours reading through the forum. I installed 5.18. The first thing I noticed was that the treeview wasn't there. I also noticed that the popup in the shopping cart is commented out. I added the treeview, which I think could have been a problem, considering that code is from 2005, and when the window pops open for either categories or products, it hangs until the browser complains. So in my reading, the only exchange I see about a solid version are the 5.15a1 and 5.15a2. However, I notice many fixes and sub-versions after it.

Can someone please post a brief message as a beginning recommendation for 2007 as to which version to download and what needs to be added afterwards, if anything -- and whether it uses the treeview :'(

I have a problem. Want someone help, please!!!

In admin/Order Total

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers (-) 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 800

Sub-Total 1

Tax

Total 900

When I checkout

Sub-Total: $179.00

Gift Vouchers (-) : $37.00

Shipping: $10.00

Total: $115.00

The total is not correct. Gift Voucher is double calculate -37*2=-74

How can I solve this Problem?

Help Me!!!

hello all i jst installed this latest ccgv mod ~ look good but hav some question to ask

what is BOX_REPORTS_CREDITS <-- this actually is for using on what ? cos it just showedd up at the admin report place.

and Gift Voucher Queue Seem is not work ..... this thread is too long n very hard to let me look over it bcos ... u know the international line is break down cos the taiwan earthquake ...

sigh .. ~

if there is any already hav the solution please giv me the links there. .

thanks alot!!!

Jikey

Edited by jikey

i installed the CCGV today, all is working great except one minor problem on checkout payment, when clicking the redeem button nothing happens. can someone paste a known working checkout_payment.php? or give me insite to what is going on? thx!

i installed the CCGV today, all is working great except one minor problem on checkout payment, when clicking the redeem button nothing happens. can someone paste a known working checkout_payment.php? or give me insite to what is going on? thx!

do any error codes show up in a red banner when you:

leave coupon box empty and click 'redeem'

enter incorrect copun code and click 'redeem'

enter correct coupon code and click 'redeem'

does the page refresh... i can go on so it would help if you can be a little bit more specific.

CHOOCH

what is BOX_REPORTS_CREDITS <-- this actually is for using on what ? cos it just showedd up at the admin report place.

I can't recall now but does it not show customers who have a gv balance? Why don't you try it out and update the forum :thumbsup:

CHOOCH

I have a problem. Want someone help, please!!!

In admin/Order Total

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers (-) 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 800

Sub-Total 1

Tax

Total 900

When I checkout

Sub-Total: $179.00

Gift Vouchers (-) : $37.00

Shipping: $10.00

Total: $115.00

Help Me!!!

Why are you panicking? There is a logical solution, your order total settings in admin are incorrect!

Breathe in... slow down, now set up order totals like this:

Discount Coupons: 9

Gift Vouchers: 740

Low Order Fee (leave blank if not using)

Shipping: 2

Sub-Total: 1

Tax: 3

Total: 900

Now, if you still have questions please read this thread looking for an answer before asking because in the 215 pages, these order total questions have been answered many times by myself and others - thanks

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

do any error codes show up in a red banner when you:

leave coupon box empty and click 'redeem'

enter incorrect copun code and click 'redeem'

enter correct coupon code and click 'redeem'

does the page refresh... i can go on so it would help if you can be a little bit more specific.

hello, it doenst matter the page just stays there, you click redeem and nothing happens as if there is a javascript error. what other pages in the script have javascript functions that could effect this? thx!

btw the page doesnt refresh

Then it is probably a javascript error... do you get any yellow triangle errors in the bottom left of your IE at anytime during your time on the checkout_payment page?

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH