• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Can anyone tell me the difference between the CCGV and CCGV9trad)?

I want to be able to offer gift certificates and have them downloadable...just one per customer.

I may use the coupon option at some time.

Any advice???

Marcia

They are mostly the same - CCGV has slightly more functionality for front end customer use and the other one CCGV(trad) has a much better response on the forum.

For what you looking to do, any would suffice.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have installed CCGV5.18.

On the admin side, everything looks fine. But on the customer side there is no place for the customer to put the redeeming code on the checkout page.

Here is a jpg of what it looks like now.

coupon.jpg

I'm told that there should be a coupon redemption box after the shipping option.

I have double uploaded checkout_shipping.php, so now what?

Suggestions?

tx,

Brad

Apparently, the coupon redemption box is supposed to be on checkout_payment.php. It still does not appear on my page.

tx,

brad

Hi,

I have installed CCGV5.18.

On the admin side, everything looks fine. But on the customer side there is no place for the customer to put the redeeming code on the checkout page.

Here is a jpg of what it looks like now.

coupon.jpg

I'm told that there should be a coupon redemption box after the shipping option.

I have double uploaded checkout_shipping.php, so now what?

Suggestions?

tx,

Brad

I got it. Apparently I didn't have it installed correctly. I guess it takes about 3 full installs before contribs are going to work for me. 8-)

b

Apparently, the coupon redemption box is supposed to be on checkout_payment.php. It still does not appear on my page.

tx,

brad

I got it

It did show up on checkout_payment right, not checkout_shipping?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi I have just installed the version by mauriziomagnino from8th nov and am getting the following error message when accessing the payment modules page in the admin area:

Warning: main(/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc2.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc2.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cc in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/cc2.php on line 13

Can anybody help....? Many thanks!!

Kerstin :thumbsup:

I am in the process of designing the gift certificates for my site. I am making them in different denominations. The idea would be to have them downloaded and given or emailed to gift recipient to use either in the shop in person or on the online shop. Is there any way the certificates need to be marked so that it just isn't copied and used again in person? If I am just posting an image, how am I protected?

Marcia

Can anybody help....?

It is looking for the language file 'cc2.php' - is it even installed at: catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc2.php

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I am in the process of designing the gift certificates for my site.

The question about gift certificates being used at osC checkout and a real store AND stop customers using them twice is a difficult one to answer.

As far as online sales go the customer can email a partial or full amount to anyone and still retain some balance for themselves so I would advise you apply a simple logic... don't let in store customers use their osC vouchers.

The way the CCGV is set it is possible to make it do something similar to what you want by using the coupons codes instead but then the customer cannot use partial discounts to send to friends etc (and cannot make a partial reedemption)

If you post an image how are you protected? You aren't.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I heard there is code some where to get the CCGV to work with the points reward module. Right now i am getting a fatal error when i try to send a Gift Cert as a customer or even when i try to go to gv_faq.php page. The error says Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_make_cat_ullist() (previously declared) I have looked everywhere for a solution for the past 10 days with no luck. If anyone coudl point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Brad

Hello!

I have installed 5.18 and it works fine :thumbsup:

But I have one Problem:

I have installed the Wire Card 3 Module for Credit Cards, when a customer pays over it and submit the order, the full amount was charged to the credit card (without discount), but the amount on the invoice is correct (with discount), .

Could anyone help me, please :(

I have installed the Wire Card 3 Module for Credit Cards, when a customer pays over it and submit the order, the full amount was charged to the credit card (without discount), but the amount on the invoice is correct (with discount), .

Did the payment module supply you with any code specific to CCGV? I'm pretty sure that codes need to be applied in order to get the discount to apply correctly.

CHOOCH

Hi

On start I would like to apologize for my bad English smile.gif

I have a big problem and maybe someone has already solve it.

Few days ago I installed "Fast Easy Checkout (v. 3.2)" contribution and it works great.

Today I wanted to install the "CCGV (Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons - v. 5.18)" and had some problems. Generally after installation FEC still works great (I think) but CCGV not.

On my checkout_shipping page everything looks great, CCGV table is visible, I can enter the code and click redeem and... problems are begun from this place. There is no info about the redeemed code (accepted or not), and if i choose payment and shipping method and try to click "continue" nothing is changed, checkout_shipping.php looks like be refreshed and nothing more. I can't go forward.

I know for sure that i do something wrong smile.gif but I don't know what exactly and what i should search.

There is no info how to install this two contributions together and I think that maybe someone solve this problem and could give me some advices...

I will be very thankful for any help.

Salute

Kajko

I have a big problem and maybe someone has already solve it. Few days ago I installed "Fast Easy Checkout (v. 3.2)" contribution and it works great. Today I wanted to install the "CCGV (Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons - v. 5.18)" and had some problems. Generally after installation FEC still works great (I think) but CCGV not.

The best thing to do is to keep your GV redemptions box in checkout_payment.php for the registered customers and not add it to the FEC as the gv box is mean't for cusotmers with accounts.

I fully understand the concept about allowing non-registered customers to use coupons but how are they supposed to use vouchers? Save yourself a lot of hassle, abandon the idea of using FEC and CCGV because if you get it working you still have too many things on the admin end to deal with with regards to tracking and fraud prevention etc

CHOOCH

Did the payment module supply you with any code specific to CCGV? I'm pretty sure that codes need to be applied in order to get the discount to apply correctly.

Hallelulja i have it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found this code and it works :thumbsup:

CODE

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

to this:

CODE

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

Since the search function isnt all that good. I need help.

coupon.jpg

I need my Coupon Box to be above the "Payment Method Text". Also the Enter Code Below text should be near the top of the coupon box.

Saw the same thing after installing 5.18 and it clearly is poor HTML code and incomplete table structure. I am playing with it now and will post fix if I can figure it out.

Edited by BTBlomberg

Ok, here is at least an initial solution for the problem above.

Edit the file:

catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

At line 60 find:

function credit_selection() {

global $customer_id, $currencies, $language;

$selection_string = tep_draw_form('checkout_payment_gift', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post');

$selection_string .= '<div><br />';

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code', 'redeem code') ;

$selection_string .= tep_image_submit('button_redeem.gif', IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER, 'onclick="return submitFunction()"');

$selection_string .= '</div><br /></form>';

return $selection_string;

}

Replace this with:

function credit_selection() {

global $customer_id, $currencies, $language;

$selection_string = '<tr><td></td><td class="main">';

$selection_string .= tep_draw_form('checkout_payment_gift', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post');

$selection_string .= '<div><br /><!-- what -->';

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code', 'redeem code') ;

$selection_string .= ' ';

$selection_string .= tep_image_submit('button_redeem.gif', IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER, 'onclick="return submitFunction()"');

$selection_string .= '</div><br /></form></td></tr>';

return $selection_string;

}

This will put the instructions above the Redeem Code line and fix the Font issue with the text before the entry box "Enter Redeem Code". More may be able to be done to clean it more but this will get it working better than it was.

Example:

ccgv1.gif

Edited by BTBlomberg

I tried to edit my last message again but it would not allow it. I left a tag I used to debug and make sure the code was being used. It is in the line:

$selection_string .= '<div><br /><!-- what -->';

and is clearly the <!-- what --> tag. This is not needed so remove when you patch.

I have read over each post in this threat dated after November 11 which is when the Credit Class & Gift Voucher 5.18 was uploaded. Where are the instructions people are using to install this contribution? Are you using older instructions or what?

Hi there, i have Credit Class & Gift Voucher 5.18 installed it seems to work fine however, i was wondering if the discount is meant to display after the total as a line and is not actually taken off the total?.

for instance it will look like:

$204.95

Coupon : $10 dollars off Promotion

where as it hasnt taken 10 dollars off the 204.95 and just displays the coupon title below.

I have this payment credit card module installed as well: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,web+advantage

and it doesnt take the discount through, is there a way for it to take the discount off the products or total before it reaches the gateway?

thank you

Serious Emergency!!!

I sent a gift voucher accidently to 1000 customers and already over a 100 have started redeeming them. I sent out another email telling people not to and I can of course delete any false orders that come through, but can i just delete the vouchers manually somehow??? I don't care if I have to go into the database to do it, I do not want to be dealing with this for the next few weeks.

Serious Emergency!!!

Hmmm, you are in wierd situation. It must be a pain to have to individually delete every order containing GV balance that shouldnt be there!

CHOOCH

Hi,

is there a way the credit card information is retained, when the customer clicks the REDEEM button ?

In other words, the customer enters his credit card details and then the Coupon Code, hits the REDEEM button,

the page refreshes and the credit card details are all empty again.

Passing the credit card info in the command line is obviously not an option, any other ideas ?

thanks

Stefan

I just tried to test shopping cart with an item, not a gift cert and I got this error on my Delivery Information page:

1146 - Table 'lgussack.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas???

Marcia