• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I was wondering how you install this contribution if you are not using a pure version of OSC. In the read me file it says

Easy Installation

The easiest way to do the ccgv install is to install a new copy of the osc 2.2 ms2 and copy these files on top of it. After  you have copied the files install the sql. That is it. Well you need to follow the how do you get it running elsewhere in the document.

However, there is no complex installation where you insert the code. I don't want to overwrite my old files. How do I install the installation.

Thanks in advance.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, there is no complex installation where you insert the code. I don't want to overwrite my old files. How do I install the installation.

The easiest way to do this I think is to use a program that I use called winMerge. It alows you to compare and merge code together. You can get it a sourcforge.net and a few other places.

Hope this helps but as far as not a pure osc I am not sure of.

Ok,

This is probably the wrong spot to post this, but I've got a very beta css version of the shop running on my test server. This includes the ez checkout, ccgv and various other mods, but I'm not sure how the site is displaying in browsers other than firefox version 1.07 and IE version 6.03...

The CSS work has cost me well over 100 hours, and I'd love to get it solidified. :-"

If anyone is using IE 5 or a variant thereof, Opera, Mac based browsers or an earlier version of Firefox, can you quickly check out some of the pages? Please PM me or if this is worthy of another thread, let me know and I'll switch over to it.

You can check out the site at:

https://secure.sonicmend.com

(only money order payment is enabled in checkout, and please use sparingly)

FYI,

CCGV is not working properly for me yet, though it is the next priority for me (Wednesday of next week).

Thanks,

Darren

P.S. I'll be offline for the next couple days but expect me back mid week

Edited by _belly

Ok, I thought I had this running properly but now I have found another problem.

I have the free shipping contrib installed to get free shipping over $199

Now that option shows up even if the customer does not have the required amount in thier shopping cart, whereas it used to only show if they had $199.

Any ideas what may have caused this and where to look?

Does anyone know where I can get install instructions for this contributiion? I have a heavy modded site and overwriting files is out of the question. Using code compare software is out of the question as well.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Does anyone know where I can get install instructions for this contributiion? I have a heavy modded site and overwriting files is out of the question. Using code compare software is out of the question as well.

On a heavily modded shop your only choice is to compare and amend where needed. Why is it out of the question?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Because I have about 25 to 30 contributions installed and like other contributions I wanted to install I would be copying over other contributions just to install one. So I am just not sure what code is actually chnages or the orginal code, and if I come across code that needs to be replace I don't know how to amend it to the current contribution to make them both work. So is thier any install docs for this?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Ok, I thought I had this running properly but now I have found another problem.

I have the free shipping contrib installed to get free shipping over $199

Now that option shows up even if the customer does not have the required amount in thier shopping cart, whereas it used to only show if they had $199.

Any ideas what may have caused this and where to look?

I just deactivated the module via the admin and then reactivated it and it seems to work now.

Not too sure why that happened, but hey it's working now so I'm happy. :D

I feel very lucky to have this working. I'm no expert at PHP that's for sure. I used Beyond Compare 2 and simply modified the files by copying the code and pasting in my files where I thought it should go... and it seems to work for me.

I have a heavily modified store with a ton of contribs. If I was better at programming I would love to help everyone out. I truly mean it when I say Good Luck to everyone. I know how it is when you can't get the contribs to work, especially on a live store. I'll shut up now. :)

Big problem! Hope someone can help!

Every time a new customer registers at my site, the following error occurs:

1146 - Table 'd60136797.TABLE_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_COUPONS where coupon_code = 'a54aaa'

[TEP STOP]

There is a table called COUPONS, but I don't see "TABLE_" in front of it. This was created by the SQL file included in the contrib.

Do I need to change anything?

I gotta have this fixed quickly or I will lose a lot of business!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Big problem! Hope someone can help!

Every time a new customer registers at my site, the following error occurs:

There is a table called COUPONS, but I don't see "TABLE_" in front of it. This was created by the SQL file included in the contrib.

Do I need to change anything?

I gotta have this fixed quickly or I will lose a lot of business!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Did you modify catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php with????

// ##################### added ##############

// CCGV
define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_QUEUE', 'coupon_gv_queue');
define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER', 'coupon_gv_customer');
define('TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK', 'coupon_email_track');
define('TABLE_COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK', 'coupon_redeem_track');
define('TABLE_COUPONS', 'coupons');
define('TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION', 'coupons_description');

// ################## End Added ##############

Michael

Hi,

I installed CCGV a couple of months ago in a store and now have it active and a tricle of traffic coming through.

The problem I have is, a customer just created their account and proceeded with the checkout rather than going to their email and redeming their voucher.

Is it possible to add the GV staight in to their account?

Thanks,

ally

Hi,

I dont seeanything relating to: 'Configure Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?'

What exactly do I need to disable to stop the error message with seo enabled and redeeming a voucher?

Thx!

Admin list:

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Filter Short Words 3

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable articles cache? true

Enable topics cache? true

Enable information cache? true

Enable automatic redirects? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Enable SEO URLs?

You can turn SEO URLs back on, but make sure that in:

Admin --> SEO URLs --> Set 'Configure Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?' to False

This should fix the problem.

Hi,

So just to confirm...that would be the "Jun 8 2005" version?

Thx for the help!

Effour,

Use the last version by CHEMO... other authors have taken out this VERY IMPORTANT feature.

Good Luck,

Nate

Hello.

I'm trying to get this mod installed and working and seem to be stuck. Whenever I add an item to my cart and sign in to checkout I get this message:

Shopping Cart more

1146 - Table 'simplyclesha.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '3'

This is on the checkout_shipping.php page. Am I missing a line of code somewhere?

Thanks!

Clesha

I'm having problems with CCG v5.15. There seem to be two problems:

1) When the customer checks out and it forwards to paypal, the discount is not there. The customer will end up paying the original amount without the coupon discount.

2) When someone enters the discount code, a message at the top pops up with this message:

The coupon has been successfully applied for $0.12

However, this value is different than the actual discount shown, which has this amount:

Discount Coupons:<discount code>: -$0.44

I don't understand why there are discrepencies here. One takes into account 5% off from the actual product. The other takes into account 5% off the total price including shipping. How do I go about fixing both these problems?

Thanks!

I hope I am not stepping on anyones thread by adding this here...

I am using the CCGV5.56 contribution and it is working great from all the testing that I have put it through so far, I am making up 'discount' coupon codes for special customers that can be used on every purchase and are based on 'percentages' of the gross purchase.

The problem I have is that the percentage is also applied to the shipping cost when this is not desired. Is there a way to leave the shipping as a stand alone number such that it is not reduced by the discount percentage?

Thanks, and if this is the wrong location to ask this question, please let me know and I'll ask it elsewhere.

I have an issue with CGV Contribution.

Someone wants to purchase products from your site, has an active voucher, but chooses NOT to use it at the time of purchase because they are saving it for something else in the future.

They want to pay for an item via paypal or CC or MO, the bug would not pass the data to the proper payment module, yet an order is still placed in the database for something that hasn't been paid for.

I have tried with CC and the process did not even go thru the credit card validation.

I am using CCGV5.16

Any ideas

Thanks,

Uncas

I'm seeing this too.

When I first installed, when I went to buy something (anything) and select Paypal (standard not IPN) as the payment method, I got an error re. a missing class:

'payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php'

This is because the Paypal IPN files are missing from the CCGV5.16 release. I took these from the Paypal IPN and put them in place, and thats when I started seeing the behaviour you've mentioned i.e.

When I select Paypal as my payment method, I'm taken straight to checkout_sucess.php, without ever going near Paypal.

I'm looking at it at the moment. Someone else has mentioned uninstalling the Paypal module, replacing the module files with the original module and re-installing, which I am trying to figure out.

Other than that, I'm flumuxed.

Ack! I insatlled the June 8th version and it's even more buggy. Now if I turn off ultimate seo the products dont even display.

Does anyone have ultimate seo and CCGV working? What version did you install...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

Effour,

Use the last version by CHEMO... other authors have taken out this VERY IMPORTANT feature.

Good Luck,

Nate

I'm seeing this too.

When I first installed, when I went to buy something (anything) and select Paypal (standard not IPN) as the payment method, I got an error re. a missing class:

'payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php'

This is because the Paypal IPN files are missing from the CCGV5.16 release. I took these from the Paypal IPN and put them in place, and thats when I started seeing the behaviour you've mentioned i.e.

When I select Paypal as my payment method, I'm taken straight to checkout_sucess.php, without ever going near Paypal.

I'm looking at it at the moment. Someone else has mentioned uninstalling the Paypal module, replacing the module files with the original module and re-installing, which I am trying to figure out.

Other than that, I'm flumuxed.

I un-installed the Paypal payment module.

I replaced the includes/classes/payment.php and includes/modules/payment/paypal.php with files from a clean non-CCGV distribution.

I re-installed the Paypal payment module.

This fixes the Paypal problem i.e. when you select Paypal as your payment method you're directed to Paypal.

However, it obviously breaks the CCGv payment option. You now get a Javascript error telling you you haven't selected a payment option when you select to pay with a voucher.

Anyway, at least it shows that the bug is somehwere in includes/classes/payment.php.

Edited by qtman

I replaced the includes/classes/payment.php and includes/modules/payment/paypal.php with files from a clean non-CCGV distribution.

This fixes the Paypal problem i.e. when you select Paypal as your payment method you're directed to Paypal.

However, it obviously breaks the CCGv payment option. You now get a Javascript error telling you you haven't selected a payment option when you select to pay with a voucher.

Anyway, at least it shows that the bug is somehwere in includes/classes/payment.php.

OK. This behaviour is caused by the $credit_covers variable, which is created in includes/classes/order_total.php.

Basically, CCGV is set up so that if you have both available payment options *and* available credit, the selected payment option will be bypassed and the amount of the cart will be deducted from your credit. This happens when the $credit_covers variable is set to true in includes/classes/payment.php.

I don't like this, so what I've done is:

get rid of the Paypal module that comes with CCGV and install the original module (as described in a previous post)

edit includes/classes/payment.php and remove $credit_covers from :

// ############ End Added CCGV Contribution ##########

function pre_confirmation_check() {

// ############ Added CCGV Contribution ##########

global $credit_covers, $payment_modules;

so you have

global $payment_modules;

the result of this is:

if you have credit, and that credit covers you cart, you can either pay with credit or paypal

if you have credit, but not enough to cover the cart, all your credit will be used up and you'll be directed to paypal for the balance

if you have no credit, your only payment option will be paypal

Not sure what other bugs I've created in doing this, but time will tell.

OK. This behaviour is caused by the $credit_covers variable, which is created in includes/classes/order_total.php.

Basically, CCGV is set up so that if you have both available payment options *and* available credit, the selected payment option will be bypassed and the amount of the cart will be deducted from your credit. This happens when the $credit_covers variable is set to true in includes/classes/payment.php.

get rid of the Paypal module that comes with CCGV and install the original module (as described in a previous post)

so you have

global $payment_modules;

the result of this is:

if you have credit, and that credit covers you cart, you can either pay with credit or paypal

if you have credit, but not enough to cover the cart, all your credit will be used up and you'll be directed to paypal for the balance

so you have

global $payment_modules;

the result of this is:

one other thing. This issue really screws you up when you're buying Vouchers with existing Credit.

Say you have a Credit Balance of ?10, and you want to buy another Voucher for ?10 via Paypal rather than with your existing voucher.....you know, to bring your credit up to ?20.

If $credit_covers is true, your Paypal selection will be bypassed, ?10 will de deducted from your balance, ?10 will be added to your balance, your balance will still be ?10, and you'll start pulling your hair out, as I did.....

I hope I am not stepping on anyones thread by adding this here...

I am using the CCGV5.56 contribution and it is working great from all the testing that I have put it through so far, I am making up 'discount' coupon codes for special customers that can be used on every purchase and are based on 'percentages' of the gross purchase.

The problem I have is that the percentage is also applied to the shipping cost when this is not desired. Is there a way to leave the shipping as a stand alone number such that it is not reduced by the discount percentage?

Thanks, and if this is the wrong location to ask this question, please let me know and I'll ask it elsewhere.

From the install instructions

Explanations of Discount Coupon Configuration Parameters.

To edit configuration parameters click on the edit button in the right hand box of admin->modules->order total->discount coupon

Note: enabling and configuration values are similar to Gift Vouchers.

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

true <------------------------- change to false

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--