• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Maybe not you, but someone was asking if it works, the link demostrates that it does.

If you ran the proper sql's then the DB is not in error most likely a code update is the issue.

No, Xmas and family trump all things that need doing. This is non-negotiable for me.

Merry xmas all, I'll be back at it after the holiday

Chris

yes, merry xmas Kittmaster Chris

thanks for all your help so far on the issues that have caused us headaches, especially the checkout skip > voucher issue that went on for maybe a week before i noticed it and a good few days before you finally sorted it ....

you seem to make time for those of us who arent too clued up on the php malarky

many thanks

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chooch @ Dec 4 2005, 02:05 PM) *

Hi Si

i just noticed a bug in your super-fantastic contribution for the ccgv checkout payment

if the total final payment is less than the gift voucherrt balance then it affects the final payment confirmation page because even if nochex/paypal are selected it just bypasses them and confirms a non-existent payment and confirms the order

if the final order including shipping is greater than the gift voucher balance then it works fine, no matter what method of payment is used.

it is possible that the fault lay with my coding, if so i can PM it to you or post it here but if you or anyone else that has installed this add-on please check it out for yourselves first then i shall we shall all know.

if possible can you please place an order on your website that has a final grand total value LESS than whatever your gift voucher balance is......

...... then use paypal on checkout and do NOT use the voucher balance. What happens when you confirm the order? does it take you to the paypal payment page or just confirm the order there and then even though paypal was selected?

looking forward to your reply

thanks

---------------

No its not your coding, its the same issue that I'm having. I'm looking into the payment module, but I'm not sure I have a final answer yet. It's a weird bug, but should be fairly easy to trace. Hopefully I can get an answer for us all, unless someone else gets it first.........

:-"

Chris,

I just experienced this issue also during my testing. I thought I would better clarify the issue with some screen shots so the problem is fully identified and easier to understand. I did recently installed the "Easy 2 Understand Payment Module v1.2" contribution. However and unfortunatenly, I do not yet know if this issue was present before this latest awsome add-on contribution was installed. I may restore a previous backup to find out when able.

Example #1 (good):

-This is a standard purchase.

-No Gift Vouchers are available or used.

-Authorize.Net Payment Module Used.

-Note that the "Payment Information" section is displayed at Order Confirmation.

-This is a good purchase.

006.jpg

Example #2 (good):

-This is a purchase using a $100 Gift Voucher Balance.

-The grand total purchase is MORE than the $100 voucher. Therefore, additional payment is required to complete purchase.

-The $100 voucher is used and applied to the total purchase.

-Note that the "Payment Information" section is displayed at Order Confirmation.

- This is a good purchase.

005.jpg

Example #3 (bad):

-A $100 gift voucher is available for use.

-The grand total purchase is LESS than the $100 voucher.

-The $100 gift voucher is NOT used for this purchase even though it is available.

-Payment is required to complete purchase since the voucher is NOT used.

-Note that the "Payment Information" section is NOT displayed at Order Confirmation. The order is confirmed and the payment is NOT processed through the payment module.

-The sale is completed and the customer did not pay for the items!

- This is a BAD purchase.

004.jpg

I will try and work on this but it may be beyond my skills. It definately is a show stopper. It would be great if someone could the above scenarios and let me know if they also have this issue and if they have the "Easier 2 Understand Payment Module v1.2" add-on contribution installed or not.

Thanks,

Joe

QUOTE(alienation2005 @ Dec 7 2005, 09:58 PM) *

seriously, though, i know theres a lot of questi/probli floating around, but ive seen 3 posts of this nature go unanswered. It seems like a bug(s) somewhere in the contrib, that might affect lots of people, especially those using other contribs [i use QBI and thats how I found the bug]. WORSE YET- this bug might create a situation where your totals are SOMETIMES wrong. It seems to me that order total, tax, and proper discount calculation/reporting issues are good things to think about when releasing new versions.

argh...lets lift one to the light at the end of the tunnel... may it appear soon and not be a train.

-allen

----------------

Hey, any ideas for us order total sufferers? .....please? we're rapidly losing blood over here :S

thanks

allen

Chris,

After some major testing today, I have found I have the same order total bug as mentioned above. In the below example the order total is one penny off. I also use the QuickBooks Import (QBI) module and that is how I also found the issue.

If you add up the total here and subtract the coupon amount, you should get a total of $161.52. However, the order total and e-mail confirmation to the customer shows a total of 161.53. The coupon used here is 10% and is configured to only apply to the total amount for items purchased (not against tax or shipping). So, the total purchase in the example below is $164.95. 164.95 x 10% = 16.495. You would expect this to round up to 16.50 so rounding of the 10% coupon seems correct. The issue seems to be located when performing the order total.

I will try and look into this issue but may need help here. I think this is a serious problem and it likely extends to the Gift Voucher when it is configured to use percentages instead of fixed amounts.

007.jpg

Joe

Chris,

I just experienced this issue also during my testing. I thought I would better clarify the issue with some screen shots so the problem is fully identified and easier to understand. I did recently installed the "Easy 2 Understand Payment Module v1.2" contribution. However and unfortunatenly, I do not yet know if this issue was present before this latest awsome add-on contribution was installed. I may restore a previous backup to find out when able.

Example #1 (good):

-No Gift Vouchers are available or used.

-Authorize.Net Payment Module Used.

-This is a good purchase.

Example #2 (good):

-This is a purchase using a $100 Gift Voucher Balance.

-The grand total purchase is MORE than the $100 voucher. Therefore, additional payment is required to complete purchase.

-The $100 voucher is used and applied to the total purchase.

- This is a good purchase.

Example #3 (bad):

-A $100 gift voucher is available for use.

-The grand total purchase is LESS than the $100 voucher.

-The $100 gift voucher is NOT used for this purchase even though it is available.

-Payment is required to complete purchase since the voucher is NOT used.

-Note that the "Payment Information" section is NOT displayed at Order Confirmation. The order is confirmed and the payment is NOT processed through the payment module.

-The sale is completed and the customer did not pay for the items!

- This is a BAD purchase.

I will try and work on this but it may be beyond my skills. It definately is a show stopper. It would be great if someone could the above scenarios and let me know if they also have this issue and if they have the "Easier 2 Understand Payment Module v1.2" add-on contribution installed or not.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Chris,

Damn...I just figured out that you just addressed this exact issue and posted contribution: 5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount. I attempted to implement your code fix but am now getting this error when making any purchase and using a payment module and displayed on the Checkout Confirmation page:

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0. in d:\server\apache\htdocs\includes\modules\payment\authorizenet.php on line 205

Commenting out these lines as shown in the fix (below) seems to have caused this issue. All payment modules seem to need to execute "$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();" to work. The Pre_Confirmation_Check takes the credit card number and XXXXXX's out numbers and other things so bypassing this seems to be an issue when using a credit card to purchase.

// if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

// $payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

// }

What am I missing here?

Joe

Hey Chris,

Damn...I just figured out that you just addressed this exact issue and posted contribution: 5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount. I attempted to implement your code fix but am now getting this error when making any purchase and using a payment module and displayed on the Checkout Confirmation page:

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0. in d:\server\apache\htdocs\includes\modules\payment\authorizenet.php on line 205

Commenting out these lines as shown in the fix (below) seems to have caused this issue. All payment modules seem to need to execute "$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();" to work. The Pre_Confirmation_Check takes the credit card number and XXXXXX's out numbers and other things so bypassing this seems to be an issue when using a credit card to purchase.

// if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

// $payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

// }

What am I missing here?

Joe

just to say Kittmasters fix worked for me but i dont use credit cards....

maybe it is a problem specific to that payment module?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Could someone please help me with some table problems. I just installed this contrib and everything works perfectly. The only problem is on the checkout_payment.php page where is looks like this:

ccgv_table_problem.gif

Is this controlled by the file /catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php ? It seems as if there are two tables being created. One on the left that contains the "enter redeem code" and one on the right for "gift vouchers". After a while of picking through the code, I've had no luck getting this to look right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Could someone please help me with some table problems. I just installed this contrib and everything works perfectly. The only problem is on the checkout_payment.php page where is looks like this:

ccgv_table_problem.gif

Is this controlled by the file /catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php ? It seems as if there are two tables being created. One on the left that contains the "enter redeem code" and one on the right for "gift vouchers". After a while of picking through the code, I've had no luck getting this to look right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

For Gift Vouchers, I believe this code is located in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php in the following function:

function use_credit_amount() {

global $cot_gv;

// $_SESSION['cot_gv'] = false; // old code - Strider

$cot_gv = false;

if ($this->selection_test()) {

$output_string .= ' <td align="right" class="main">';

$output_string .= '<b>' . $this->checkbox . '</b>' . '</td>' . "\n";

}

return $output_string;

}

For Coupons, I believe this code is located in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupons.php in the following function:

function credit_selection() {

global $customer_id, $currencies, $language;

$selection_string = '';

$selection_string .= '' . "\n";

$selection_string .= ' </tr><tr><td class="main">' . "\n";

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code') . ' and click ';

$image_submit = '<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="return check_form(), submitFunction()" src="' . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" class="contbutton" alt="' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '" title = "' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '">';

$selection_string .= '';

$selection_string .= '' . $image_submit . '</td>';

$selection_string .= '';

return $selection_string;

}

I am no big expert here and I did not test to be sure but I think this is what you are looking for. See if that helps.

Joe

I'll take a closer look at this. Maybe include a trapable error fix and rebuild this section of the code to avoid this problem all together

Chris

Chris and all,

After trial and error testing trying to learn how the /catalog/checkout_confirmation.php code works and a few gray hairs later, I believe I have come up with a solution to the "Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount" problem. As I posted previously, I found that your (kittmaster) contributon "5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount" produced an error when using any credit card module:

Example:

Chooch indicated that this contribution fixed this problem with the PayPal payment module but I believe when implemented, it produced the above error when using credit card modules. To prevent the "str_repeat()" errors when using credit card payment modules, I had to back out the "5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount" contrubution. Then I made this modification to /catalog/checkout_confirmation.php:

Find this line:

$order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

and replace it with this:

// BEGIN >>> Contribution: CCGV v5.15 + "Easier to Understand" Payment Addon v1.2 - Custom fix.

// Description: Voucher is active and covers total but is not used: Order is placed by customer without actual payment.

//$order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

$gv_query=tep_db_query("select amount from " . TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER . " where customer_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");

$gv_result=tep_db_fetch_array($gv_query);

$gv_payment_amount = $gv_result['amount'];

if ($order->info['total'] - $gv_payment_amount <= 0 ) {

$credit_covers_total = true;

} else {

$credit_covers_total = '';

}

if (!$credit_covers_total && !$cot_gv) {

} elseif (!$credit_covers_total && $cot_gv) {

} elseif ($credit_covers_total && !$cot_gv) {

// Do not perform Order Totals pre_confirmation_check if the voucher total

// is more than the grand total but the tick box is not used (unchecked).

// $order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

} elseif ($credit_covers_total && $cot_gv) {

}

// END <<< Contribution: Credit Class and Gift Voucher "Easier to Understand" Payment Addon v1.2 - Custom Fix.

Here are some boring details: What I found is that the problem occurs when the $credit_covers variable is true (the voucher covers the total) but the $cot_vt variable is not true (the use voucher tick box is not checked), if the $order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check(); function is called in this scenario, the customer completes checkout without processing the credit card module. So I added logic to not call the $order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check(); function only when this scenario exists.

Because the $order_total_modules->pre_confirmation_check(); function is the function that sets the $credit_covers variable, I had to make a separate call to the database in checkout_confirmation.php to check credit voucher balance against the total and I set this new variable $credit_covers_total to true. I am sure this is clear as mud.... :-"

This has only been tested on the credit card modules. Since the original "5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount" contribution is removed to get this working for credit card modules, I would bet that the problem now exists in the PayPal module. What we need Chris is a total fix for all modules and I know you are working on it. In the mean time, this may help your efforts and also should help those using credit card modules now.

If someone could test this and let me know how it works for them, or if you have a better way to code this fix or if I have made some kind of gross error here, please assist.

Thanks,

Joe

For Gift Vouchers, I believe this code is located in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php in the following function:

function use_credit_amount() {

global $cot_gv;

// $_SESSION['cot_gv'] = false; // old code - Strider

$cot_gv = false;

if ($this->selection_test()) {

$output_string .= ' <td align="right" class="main">';

$output_string .= '<b>' . $this->checkbox . '</b>' . '</td>' . "\n";

}

return $output_string;

}

For Coupons, I believe this code is located in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupons.php in the following function:

function credit_selection() {

global $customer_id, $currencies, $language;

$selection_string = '';

$selection_string .= ' </tr><tr><td class="main">' . "\n";

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code') . ' and click ';

$image_submit = '<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="return check_form(), submitFunction()" src="' . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" class="contbutton" alt="' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '" title = "' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '">';

$selection_string .= '';

$selection_string .= '' . $image_submit . '</td>';

$selection_string .= '';

return $selection_string;

}

I am no big expert here and I did not test to be sure but I think this is what you are looking for. See if that helps.

Joe

Thanks for your help Joe. I had a few mistakes in the gv file and that cleared it up. I really appreciate it.

Hi!

At my shop we do not use the checkout_payment.php file, we just run the first lines and then we jump directly to the checkout_confirmation.php.

This causes a problem when using GV or DC because you can only use your Coupons in the checkout_payment.

Anyone that knows how to get around this, I have tryed to include the code in checout_payment in checkout_confirmation but I can?t get it to work.

// Magnus

Question,

I was looking to implement something like this on my store:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/marketing/customcards/

Can credit card and gift voucher be used to give a discount only on a specific song?

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Question,

Can credit card and gift voucher be used to give a discount only on a specific song?

I have not used it yet but I found that the coupons do have this feature in the administration area. It looks like you can enable coupons to be active for specific products or entire catageories as follows:

Valid Product List - A comma separated list of product_ids that this coupon can be used with. Leave blank for no restrictions.

Valid Categories List - A comma separated list of cpaths that this coupon can be used with, leave blank for no restrictions.

I have not found that for the vouchers so I think the answer is yes for coupons only.

Joe

Question,

I used this with a promo on the local radio station where people got a coupon to get a $100 discount on a new computer system.

All I did was list the categories that I wanted the coupon to apply to and it works very well. I also have the option of only having it on specific products (ie save $10 on a Benq FP71V with the code "123") as long as I have that code associated with the product number.

Cheers,

Glenn

Hi everyone ..

have installed the contrib & am getting the error message

Call to undefined function: clear_posts()

on the checkout_payment.php ...

any suggestions would help .. thanks:)

sammi

I used this with a promo on the local radio station where people got a coupon to get a $100 discount on a new computer system.

All I did was list the categories that I wanted the coupon to apply to and it works very well. I also have the option of only having it on specific products (ie save $10 on a Benq FP71V with the code "123") as long as I have that code associated with the product number.

Cheers,

Glenn

primadude and sandmanracing,

thanks... I don't know how I missed this feature.

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Chris,

After some major testing today, I have found I have the same order total bug as mentioned above. In the below example the order total is one penny off. I also use the QuickBooks Import (QBI) module and that is how I also found the issue.

If you add up the total here and subtract the coupon amount, you should get a total of $161.52. However, the order total and e-mail confirmation to the customer shows a total of 161.53. The coupon used here is 10% and is configured to only apply to the total amount for items purchased (not against tax or shipping). So, the total purchase in the example below is $164.95. 164.95 x 10% = 16.495. You would expect this to round up to 16.50 so rounding of the 10% coupon seems correct. The issue seems to be located when performing the order total.

I will try and look into this issue but may need help here. I think this is a serious problem and it likely extends to the Gift Voucher when it is configured to use percentages instead of fixed amounts.

007.jpg

Joe

I believe I have found the source of the incorrect total amount being calculated and I believe I have a resolution. It seems to have resolved the problem on my site. I need others that are having incorrect totals when Coupons are used to please test this simple code fix and post back their testing results.

I found the code that calculates the Coupon amount in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php is located in the function: "function calculate_credit($amount)". I found the return statement "return $od_amount;" was returning three characters after the decimal point, e.g. 16.495 instead of 16.50. This extra decimal would throw off the total amount in certain circumstances. So, just before the return statement, I rounded the last decimal place off and this fixed the problem on my end.

To implement this fix, edit your /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php file. Find this code:

return $od_amount;

replace it with this code:

// BEGIN >>> CCVG v5.15 Custom Modification - Round Discount Coupon amount

// Round Discount Coupon amount to currency configured number of decimal places to correct order total amount.

global $currency,$currencies;

$od_amount = tep_round($od_amount, $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']);

// END <<< CCVG v5.15 Custom Modification - Round Discount Coupon amount

return $od_amount;

Please, someone test this and reply.

Thanks,

Joe

I believe I have found the source of the incorrect total amount being calculated and I believe I have a resolution. It seems to have resolved the problem on my site. I need others that are having incorrect totals when Coupons are used to please test this simple code fix and post back their testing results.

I found the code that calculates the Coupon amount in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php is located in the function: "function calculate_credit($amount)". I found the return statement "return $od_amount;" was returning three characters after the decimal point, e.g. 16.495 instead of 16.50. This extra decimal would throw off the total amount in certain circumstances. So, just before the return statement, I rounded the last decimal place off and this fixed the problem on my end.

To implement this fix, edit your /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php file. Find this code:

return $od_amount;

replace it with this code:

// BEGIN >>> CCVG v5.15 Custom Modification - Round Discount Coupon amount

// Round Discount Coupon amount to currency configured number of decimal places to correct order total amount.

global $currency,$currencies;

$od_amount = tep_round($od_amount, $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']);

// END <<< CCVG v5.15 Custom Modification - Round Discount Coupon amount

return $od_amount;

Please, someone test this and reply.

Thanks,

Joe

I have found another bug in CCVG v5.15 that has this added contribution: Credit Class and Gift Voucher "Easier to Understand" Payment Addon v1.2. In certain circumstances, the Checkout Confirmation page displayes the incorrect grand total amount when a Gift Voucher is applied to the balance. As shown below, the total gift voucher is applied to the total. Therefore, the grand total should be $0.00 but shows a penny off. I found that this is due to the fact that the grand total and the gift voucher total were using more than two decimal places. In the example below, this is the calculation that was occurring causing the issue. I pulled these values using echo statements:

Grand total: 83.255 - Gift Voucher 83.26 = -0.00500000000001

008.jpg

This problem only shows up when the subtracted total has a decimal value of $0.005+ causing a rounding error. The code in error comes from the addon contribution and not the original GGVG v5.15 contribution. Here is how I resolved the problem. If someone finds a better way to resolve this issue please speak up.

In /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php

Find this code:

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - $od_amount;

Replace it with this code:

$order->info['total'] = tep_round($order->info['total'],2);

$od_amount = tep_round($od_amount,2);

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - $od_amount;

Hope this helps...

Joe

hi there, well i think i finally got the ccgv working but in the admin section in

modules>order total

the information for the voucher is french.

I ran the sql that turns the french to english but this part did not change.

Any thoughts?

ok, outside of the french problem in the admin, i only have one other problem and it is all working.

What might I have missed to get this on the checkout_payment.php

TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE

thanx

:)

Hey everyone, Just a quick question here, I used 5.11 with no problem in my other website, but on my new website I used 5.15 Total repack 17th December version.

Does Valid categories list bug fixed? can we use it now? I cant.

whenever i try to make it give discount only on a category, I get the error

"""""""Congratulations, you have redeemed <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***""""""""

with no category restriction everything seems to be fine.

Second problem, a bit stupid actually,

In Configuration

Enable download true

Download by redirect false

Expiry delay (days) 7

Maximum number of downloads 5

In product

MYR25.00 Gift Vaucher

Products Model:GIFT25

Products Weight:0.00

When buyer buys, they still need to pay shipping ......... how to disable shipping for this one? Thanks.

I even change package tare weight to 0 still no success.

God Bless

Syafi

www.mrjaytee.com

with no category restriction everything seems to be fine.

well with no category restriction, it says the same error message but the discount is shown in the next page. and if I try to hit back and reenter the coupon then it says i got the discount.

hi,

i am getting a error ONLY when i am logged in in the frontend.

The right column does not display, instead it says:

1146 - Table 'matthias.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

I did install the SQL. I did check to be sure and the table COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER does exist.

What is wrong?

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--