• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

any joy on this one please?

Nothing yet, but definetely not forgotten, a workaround is when the email is sent that you EMPHASIZE to who ever the receipient is, that they are made aware their purchase with the voucher added should be greater than the voucher value or the order will not process.

It sucks for now, but until I can figure out what the hardcode error is doing this, it allows the contrib to be used if needed. My store doesn't send many vouchers out anyway do to the nature of our business. But this bug does need stompin

I'll keep updating as I find more or the final fix

Chris

Edited by kittmaster

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing yet, but definetely not forgotten, a workaround is when the email is sent that you EMPHASIZE to who ever the receipient is, that they are made aware their purchase with the voucher added should be greater than the voucher value or the order will not process.

It sucks for now, but until I can figure out what the hardcode error is doing this, it allows the contrib to be used if needed. My store doesn't send many vouchers out anyway do to the nature of our business. But this bug does need stompin

I'll keep updating as I find more or the final fix

Chris

there is another problem...

the gift voucher selection checkbox and text still shows up on the original coupon redemption box.... do you know how to get rid of that?

BTW, what if the 'new' gift voucher checkbox was removed and the original was kept where it was before (in the coupon redemption box)... does the gift voucher checkout probllem still persist?

if i knew how to remove the 'new' checkbox and keep the original in tact i would have tested it myself :D

... and you are right, this bug does need stompin'

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Do you have a link to your site so I can confirm my thoughts on what your saying.

It seems as long as there is a voucher balance, if the order is below that value, the problem persists regardless if its checked or not

Chris

Edited by kittmaster

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to double check something.

I have the error: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code relating to the general.php file.

I take it that if I remove the code from the file in includes/functions/ and leave it in the admin/includes/functions directory that it will correct the problem permanantly?

Needed to check after spending some stupid hours with other jobs, brain isn't exactly in gear right now!

Cheers,

Glenn

Hey everyone, I hate to jump in here, especially when I have only searched through pg 60 of 160 (LOL). But, I need to go to bed.. im sick sick sick

I have a simple question I hope. I am using the SMC Shipping by Percentage contribution, which takes the ttl pricing and tallies the shipping from there, and I am trying to NOT have shipping on the vouchers.

I have a temporary fix for tomorrow. I set the weight at "0", and everything else to "1" and activated the download. This would be perfect if when a voucher is purchased THAT is the ONLY thing purchased. However, when you purchase something else with the voucher in the shopping cart, it charges shipping on ALL the items in the cart.

I have set the VOUCHER so that is is 740 and Ttl is 800, but that still isnt working. Can someone help me on this? Or, does someone know how or can help me change my shipping contribution to draw from the weight instead of the price. I can get away with setting the voucher to a weight of zero, but DEFINATELY not the price. LOL

Thanks for ANY help that can be offered. AND, I hope I am making sense. anyone that wants to IM with me I have hotmail: irishcavan, just let me know you are from here so i can accept. i will be around for most of tomorrow.

For now, nite all.... and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Irish

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to double check something.

I have the error: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code relating to the general.php file.

I take it that if I remove the code from the file in includes/functions/ and leave it in the admin/includes/functions directory that it will correct the problem permanantly?

Needed to check after spending some stupid hours with other jobs, brain isn't exactly in gear right now!

Cheers,

Glenn

Decided it was time for no guts, no glory and went ahead and tried it. This solved the problem and allowed me to get into the shopfont again.

However, when I use a coupon it doesn't come off the total.

I think that chooch had this problem a few days ago, but I didn't see a solution.

Any tips?

Cheers,

Glenn

Hi Si

i just noticed a bug in your super-fantastic contribution for the ccgv checkout payment

if the total final payment is less than the gift voucherrt balance then it affects the final payment confirmation page because even if nochex/paypal are selected it just bypasses them and confirms a non-existent payment and confirms the order

if the final order including shipping is greater than the gift voucher balance then it works fine, no matter what method of payment is used.

it is possible that the fault lay with my coding, if so i can PM it to you or post it here but if you or anyone else that has installed this add-on please check it out for yourselves first then i shall we shall all know.

if possible can you please place an order on your website that has a final grand total value LESS than whatever your gift voucher balance is......

...... then use paypal on checkout and do NOT use the voucher balance. What happens when you confirm the order? does it take you to the paypal payment page or just confirm the order there and then even though paypal was selected?

looking forward to your reply

thanks

i've not had much going on with regards to a solution.... anyone else with these issues? it is referring to the

CCGV Easier to Understand Payment Addon v1.2 for 20th November

am on the verge of giving up and reverting back to theoriginal... shame really as this is a really good piece if work

anyone please?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

seriously, though, i know theres a lot of questi/probli floating around, but ive seen 3 posts of this nature go unanswered. It seems like a bug(s) somewhere in the contrib, that might affect lots of people, especially those using other contribs [i use QBI and thats how I found the bug]. WORSE YET- this bug might create a situation where your totals are SOMETIMES wrong. It seems to me that order total, tax, and proper discount calculation/reporting issues are good things to think about when releasing new versions.

argh...lets lift one to the light at the end of the tunnel... may it appear soon and not be a train.

-allen

Hey, any ideas for us order total sufferers? .....please? we're rapidly losing blood over here :S

thanks

allen

well, i gave up on fixing the coupon help popup, so i just got rid of it from the cart. if anybody wants to know how, i'll try to remember what i did and post it up.

note: it also says "coupon: (coupon code)", it just doesn't say "more help"

kyao888,

Think you are saying that if there is enough credit you have to still enter cc info, if not it may be the same style of bug so you may need to mod your cc section. I previously posted changes to this I think you need to look in \includes\classes\cc_validation.php & maybe \includes\modules\payment\cc.php.

InnocentlyWiked,

The references to vanilla site are two fold. The first reason is that contributions are created for newbies to drop in (and therefore may not have any of the mods commented properly for you to reaply to your version) and secondly because when you start mixing lots of mods they can conflict. I would take a copy of your site and apply v1.14 + the extras you mentioned.

scottsw,

I would use 2 and change your status description to something like payment completed.

GV work by using an account, do not logout.

Chooch,

you sill suffering?

HTH

Si.

Edited by scranmer

alienation2005,

Dont have many other contributions from here as most are mine. Testing is imperative but don?t forget that there are millions of combinations of addons and cannot all be tested. Can you make a summary of your problem again.

Si.

good day, i was just about to install the CCGV 5.14, when i unzipped it, the install.html said 5.10 but then there was a file called 5.14 Install Insructions.txt

and it had this in it

Insert this file into the following directory and replace the file:

STORE_ROOT = the root folder of your store

STORE_ROOT/includes/modules/payment/

but what exactly is this?.... what should i be putting in the STORE_ROOT/includes/modules/payment/

ty

T

Lovely contribution :D But I have two strange problems..

1. When sending a Gift Voucher to a friend using the page gv_send.php in storefront the gv-link in the recived mail is outputted like this:

http://localhost/store/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=

In other words, no ID/number is added at the end of the trail. :blink:

If I send a Gift Voucher trough admin the url is generated properly, eg:

http://localhost/store/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=6eb0e4

2. If I try to send the same Gift Voucher once again, or trying to send a new Gift Voucher to a friend using the page gv_send.php in storefront the server stops responding :blink: :blink:

When I drop/recreate the Gift Voucher database tables the server start responding again. <_<

I'm using Gift Voucher version 5.14 on MS2.2. I've also reinstalled Gift Voucher contribution several times. I've also tested this on a clean shop, I did overwrite the stores files whit the changed files whitin this contribution, and it's still not working when trying to send Gift Voucher to friends. Very strange to me :(

I have searched trough the web and this support tread and did find one other storeowner that had the exact same problem, but no one had replayed to the user.

Please somebody, give me hint about what could be wrong :'(

Edited by petsk

Lovely contribution :D But I have two strange problems..

1. When sending a Gift Voucher to a friend using the page gv_send.php in storefront the gv-link in the recived mail is outputted like this:

http://localhost/store/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=

In other words, no ID/number is added at the end of the trail. :blink:

If I send a Gift Voucher trough admin the url is generated properly, eg:

http://localhost/store/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=6eb0e4

2. If I try to send the same Gift Voucher once again, or trying to send a new Gift Voucher to a friend using the page gv_send.php in storefront the server stops responding :blink: :blink:

When I drop/recreate the Gift Voucher database tables the server start responding again. <_<

I'm using Gift Voucher version 5.14 on MS2.2. I've also reinstalled Gift Voucher contribution several times. I've also tested this on a clean shop, I did overwrite the stores files whit the changed files whitin this contribution, and it's still not working when trying to send Gift Voucher to friends. Very strange to me :(

I have searched trough the web and this support tread and did find one other storeowner that had the exact same problem, but no one had replayed to the user.

Please somebody, give me hint about what could be wrong :'(

1. I expect you have a coding issue with this (may also be missing in that version) check it against the code in "Clickable link in Email Fix" contribution.

2. I would have said that you may have another coding issue and somewhere you have a SELECT that is missing some joins (in the trade its know as creating a cartesian join) and this will mean mySQL is spending ages trying to select everything from the DB.

tec,

ignore the STORE_ROOT/includes/modules/payment/ reference just put all of the files into your STORE_ROOT or apply all of the changes to each corresponding file.

HTH

Si.

tec,

ignore the STORE_ROOT/includes/modules/payment/ reference just put all of the files into your STORE_ROOT or apply all of the changes to each corresponding file.

HTH

Si.

thnx Si. thought i was lost again...hmm.seems to happen to me alot :blush:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!! (yes I know, most of us are working through most of it):(

hey, why dont they add christmas smileys this time of year????? :D

I have a problem. I log into my admin and the discounts are not applied to the orders. I am looking at the install instructions and I see NO mention of ANY edits made to the orders.php file...

...so...what I'm wondering is why on earth is my admin/orders.php not showing the correct amounts? Everything works perfectly (I assume) from the customer side but my invoices do not reflect the proper amounts. It shows everything as normal.

I have a problem. I log into my admin and the discounts are not applied to the orders. I am looking at the install instructions and I see NO mention of ANY edits made to the orders.php file...

...so...what I'm wondering is why on earth is my admin/orders.php not showing the correct amounts? Everything works perfectly (I assume) from the customer side but my invoices do not reflect the proper amounts. It shows everything as normal.

Nevermind. I thought a customer wasn't given the discount....when in fact she forgot to enter the code! lol. OOPS!

Chooch,

you sill suffering?

HTH

Si.

well yes and no mate....

my original CCGV is fine... i have no probs at all, it is just this new checkout posted in november that is raising a fault in the checkout procedure. it is such a nice layout.

Kittmaster is looking in to it as i have reverted to the original and will only update when someone finds a solution because i have given up!

thanks

CHOOCH

hiya again....

can someone look at

http://64.182.27.156/

at the bottom left in the Customer Support box, if you mouse over the gift voucher faq, you will see that the link is not proper. What did i forget to do?

thanks

T

you forgot the edit in includes/filenames.php. You need to add define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ', 'gv_faq.php'); before the closing tag.

On an unrelated to GV note, you have this line showing up on your product_info.php page:

// ITN Replace code //old /* */ // old // ITN end Replace code

It's not commented out properly. You can just delete the whole line if you want.

You also have 2 add-to-cart buttons on that same page. Just a little FYI in case you hadn't noticed.

Edited by cdi-buy.com

you forgot the edit in includes/filenames.php. You need to add define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ', 'gv_faq.php'); before the closing tag.

On an unrelated to GV note, you have this line showing up on your product_info.php page:

// ITN Replace code //old /* */ // old // ITN end Replace code

It's not commented out properly. You can just delete the whole line if you want.

You also have 2 add-to-cart buttons on that same page. Just a little FYI in case you hadn't noticed.

thank you for the heads up on the product info page, i will get that fixed, and thanks for the fix also, there was no mention of it in the install.

I am having the same issues in the admin, but i have edited the filenames.php

now i know i should not post an admin URL here, but i will be putting a password on as soon as i get this part fixed.

http://64.182.27.156/admin/

thank you for the heads up on the product info page, i will get that fixed, and thanks for the fix also, there was no mention of it in the install.

I am having the same issues in the admin, but i have edited the filenames.php

now i know i should not post an admin URL here, but i will be putting a password on as soon as i get this part fixed.

http://64.182.27.156/admin/

The admin section is protected

For those waiting for the voucher fix, I'm still actively working on the solution. Part of the problem is finding where it passes the data to paypal module. I'm seeing most of error detects but nothing that points to

If voucher < than total = dump data>check_success.php which is invalid.

I'm still pluggin away to find the issue.