• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

chooch,

all text displayed should be held in language files, these are located in catalog\includes\languages\english. For the email sent see gv_send.php there are lots of text items entitled EMAIL_GV_...

also there are 3 files in the admin area catalog\sysadmin\includes\languages\english gv_...

HTH

Si.

thanks, got that.... trying to work out where the text should go and then see if a new sign-up generates that welcome coupon code/voucher in the email

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oblivion77,

The "Coupon Redeemed" is most likely the message that is returned once you have successfully ? just check that the value is now displayed on the right under the totals. To change this look in the language folder for the ccgv item.

The cc info will always disappear if you click a button since this is sensitive info you do not want it to be stores where it can be accessed by others. I found it more logical to move the redeem section above the cc entry to stop anyone doing what you have described.

Also see the contributions extra mod provided to make the checkout more logical.

Scranmer,

The discount does work, I just dont like the red box. How would I remove the red box on checkout_payment.php? Also why does it say "error" in the URL is this normal or did I configure it wrong?

checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Congratulations%2C+you+have+redeemed+

Thanks ;-)

Scranmer,

The discount does work, I just dont like the red box. How would I remove the red box on checkout_payment.php? Also why does it say "error" in the URL is this normal or did I configure it wrong?

checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Congratulations%2C+you+have+redeemed+

Thanks ;-)

oblivion77,

This is a "feature" of osc and part of the fundamental workings of checkout_payment.php and cc processing. I don?t like this either but to stop it you would have to know what you are doing in PHP. In cc & ccgv processing you would have to do something like :- create a new variable to hold any warnings as numbers, pass this back instead of the std error and then in checkout_payment.php display the associated errors instead of the numbers.

Hope that make sense.

Si.

This sounds like a problem with the cc contribution. I have noticed and fixed this in mine but not got around to rereleasing it yet. I suspect if you look in your catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php you will find the error thats being returned so just need to ensure if you have not cc info you do have a voucher.

HTH

Si.

Im not using vouchers, only coupons. so when i enter the coupon and click reedeem it wants the cc info first. i type it in but it then erases it all.

I'm preparing to print and give out 1000 free 99? download cards at a major event to promote my store. The thing is i don't want to have to sit there and generate 1000 unique discount coupon codes with Credit Class & Gift Voucher, which i'll have to supply to the printer to put on back of the cards.

I don't want the customers to be able to use the card more than once.

Is there a simpler way to handle this?

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

I'm preparing to print and give out 1000 free 99? download cards at a major event to promote my store. The thing is i don't want to have to sit there and generate 1000 unique discount coupon codes with Credit Class & Gift Voucher, which i'll have to supply to the printer to put on back of the cards.

I don't want the customers to be able to use the card more than once.

Is there a simpler way to handle this?

Mediajuggle,

You can create a single voucher in admin with a time period and set the flag to only allow 1 use per user logon. Not sure if you can limit the number of uses but I would not expect all the receivers to use them so you should be OK.

oblivion77,

As I said before this red message is a "feature" of osc and part of the fundamental workings of checkout_payment.php and cc processing. I don?t like this ?error? either but, unless anyone else knows differently, to stop it you would have to know what you are doing in PHP. In cc & ccgv processing you would have to do something like :- create a new variable to hold any warnings as numbers, pass this back instead of the std error and then in checkout_payment.php display the associated errors instead of the numbers.

Hope that make sense.

Si.

Mediajuggle,

You can create a single voucher in admin with a time period and set the flag to only allow 1 use per user logon. Not sure if you can limit the number of uses but I would not expect all the receivers to use them so you should be OK.

thanks.. that'll work... and it'll be cheaper to print since i'm not using 1000 unique numbers.

I am concernced that if i give them out to say two friends at the concert and they notice that the download code is the same, and they go and give the code out to others....

that will cause problems down the line as someone who actually has a valid card won't be able to redeem the download....

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Wow, I saw strider here again a few pages ago-welcome back!

The gift vouchers work fine for me, after a few hours of tweeking some months ago. Now I need the coupons to work. For some reason, when I enter the code on the payment page, the message "The coupon code has been successfully applied for" shows up (I'm guessing it should read "The coupon code has been successfully applied for XX% off your purchase") but on the confirmation page, the discount hasn't been applied.

Anyone?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Hey all, I just finished installing the CCGV contribution on our site and everything seems to be OK on the admin end (although some of the stuff is in French for some strange reason), but I can't get anything to show up on the cart end. How are customers supposed to be able to enter in discount coupon codes or redeem gift vouchers if there aren't any fields to do so? Am I just missing something -- what page should these fields be showing up on?

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Hey all, I just finished installing the CCGV contribution on our site and everything seems to be OK on the admin end (although some of the stuff is in French for some strange reason), but I can't get anything to show up on the cart end. How are customers supposed to be able to enter in discount coupon codes or redeem gift vouchers if there aren't any fields to do so? Am I just missing something -- what page should these fields be showing up on?

Thanks for any advice you can share.

texaroo,

Have you read and followed all the install instructions?

Including seting up the modules->order total?

If so then you need to create a voucher (either in admin or buying it through the catalog and "sending it to a friend") before the payment module will allow you to enter any redeem details.

Usualy its just one of the above.

HTH

Simon.

thanks, got that.... trying to work out where the text should go and then see if a new sign-up generates that welcome coupon code/voucher in the email

i did my best but cannot get the welcome email to show my discount coupon or voucher?

i did this on a fresh install too (just to check)

i know the following files have to be modified for the welcome amounts to appear:

i) SQL

ii) create_account

can anyone PLEASE tell me what other modifcations are needed to what files in order to get the welocme email to show the 'welcome discounts and vouchers'

many thanks for any help that you give me

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

i did my best but cannot get the welcome email to show my discount coupon or voucher?

i did this on a fresh install too (just to check)

i know the following files have to be modified for the welcome amounts to appear:

i) SQL

ii) create_account

can anyone PLEASE tell me what other modifcations are needed to what files in order to get the welocme email to show the 'welcome discounts and vouchers'

many thanks for any help that you give me

i got it working

CHOOCH

A short post, for those with problems using the credit class gift voucher with the paypal IPN mod, and the discount not being sent to Paypal. Several thousand of us, by the forum posts......

Verify your settings, and set the Shopping Cart Method to Aggregate and NOT itemised !

Worked for me......

I got this along with treeview installed and working, but am having one issue.

If I create a % off coupon and apply it to multiple products, the discount gets applied to all relevant products. If I do the same with a flat rate coupon, it only gets applied to one relevant product (one use per cart). Is this a known thing (I didn't find it in any of the many pages in this thread that I've read)?

Help will be appreciated!

Thanks for all of the contributions, contributors!

I got this along with treeview installed and working, but am having one issue.

If I create a % off coupon and apply it to multiple products, the discount gets applied to all relevant products. If I do the same with a flat rate coupon, it only gets applied to one relevant product (one use per cart). Is this a known thing (I didn't find it in any of the many pages in this thread that I've read)?

Help will be appreciated!

Thanks for all of the contributions, contributors!

chooch,

well done hope all your project now works as requested. It may be useful to others to post here what changes you had to make.

otgrouch,

I?m afraid there are a few known problems with the % discount, if anyone has a full list it would be useful to post here, I also remember some people having problems with entering % discounts and finding it applied it as a value discount.

Si.

chooch,

well done hope all your project now works as requested. It may be useful to others to post here what changes you had to make.

this mod was installed for me ages ago and until i accessed someone elses catalog/admin to help out with their CCGV problem i didn't even know that welcome vouchers/coupons even existed.

i then looked at the SQL that was used and it didn't have the required text, so i manually typed that text in to my SQL

i also checked the welcome emails to see if the CCGV discounts etc showed up properly and they do, it is fine.

i do have one problem, when the welcome email is sent out, for some reason 2 welcome emails are set. One has the full CCGV welcome dicounts on it with all the relevant links - but the other is the basic welcome email with the CCGV text at the footer missing.

can anyone advise on how to get this working please, so that only 1 welcome email is sent?

many many thanks

CHOOCH

chooch,

I've seen this too.

For me, it seems that duplicate emails are sent if 2 ore more customers have the same email address.

I'm trying to look into it, as soon as real life gives me a break.

my create account rejects a new account being created if the email is duplicated - so i don't know how your account allows tow email addreses being the same... unless you mean [email protected] and then [email protected]

CHOOCH

Gift vaucher doesn't work (coupon yes)... :(

I setted it in admin section, but when I go to buy I only have this message in checkout_payment.php page:

"Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance ->"

with radio button

But I don't have the possibility to insert the gift number.

Anybody has the same problem?

P.S. I noticed this in the "/classes/order_total.php" file:

$use_credit_string = $GLOBALS[$class]->use_credit_amount();
		if ($selection_string == '') $selection_string = $GLOBALS[$class]->credit_selection();
		if ( ($use_credit_string !='' ) || ($selection_string != '') ) {

The problem is that this code is in a while loop, and in the second loop the "selection_string" variable doesn't have blank value, therefore the "credit_selection" method is no more called.

my create account rejects a new account being created if the email is duplicated - so i don't know how your account allows tow email addreses being the same... unless you mean [email protected] and then [email protected]

Some variations of PWA (purchase without an account) allow duplicate email addresses.

Does yours send two different coupon codes in the two emails or is it just a duplicate email?

Because mine actually generates two unique codes, instead of 1.

Some variations of PWA (purchase without an account) allow duplicate email addresses.

Does yours send two different coupon codes in the two emails or is it just a duplicate email?

Because mine actually generates two unique codes, instead of 1.

i dont have PWA and my 2 emails are like this:

the first is a simple normal welcome that you get with default fresh oscommerce.

the second is the same as above but with the discount voucher and coupons text and links at the bottom of the email.

CHOOCH

Please GOD help.

My gift voucher balance does not reduce when the gift voucher is successfully used. This allows the customer to use the gift voucher an infinate amount of times.

Please any pointers suggestions ive been at this for 2 weeks

Jon :blink:

Chooch:

Obviously, duplicate emails are bad. See bug report #252.

I'm going to fix PWA's problem with that. But I was just wondering if you were in the same boat for why ccgv is sending two emails.

But your welcome email is being sent separate from the create account email. That makes sense because the ccgv code is doing exactly that. See around line 86 in gv_send.php

tep_mail('', $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'], $gv_email_subject, nl2br($gv_email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

I don't like it either. I'll look into adding it to the create account email.

Please GOD help.

My gift voucher balance does not reduce when the gift voucher is successfully used. This allows the customer to use the gift voucher an infinate amount of times.

Please any pointers suggestions ive been at this for 2 weeks

Jon :blink:

oscommerceking ,

That?s not to good :'( , I would suggest you are missing some code as this is the first time I have heard of this problem. Here is a few pointers :-

(I think) All account updates us the code in

\includes\add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

\includes\modules\order_total\ot_gv.php and the reduction is in apply_credit()

This should then be called just before the checkout email is send in checkout_process.php around line 335 with

$order_total_modules->apply_credit();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

HTH

Si.

Chooch:

Obviously, duplicate emails are bad. See bug report #252.

I'm going to fix PWA's problem with that. But I was just wondering if you were in the same boat for why ccgv is sending two emails.

But your welcome email is being sent separate from the create account email. That makes sense because the ccgv code is doing exactly that. See around line 86 in gv_send.php

tep_mail('', $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'], $gv_email_subject, nl2br($gv_email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

I don't like it either. I'll look into adding it to the create account email.

ok, found it... it was my create account php file that i coded wrong. i had the email send function twice

i now get just the one email with all correct info in it!

sorted for now

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH