• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I am also getting this error:

I commented out the duplication in add_ccgvdc_application_top.php but I'm not sure if this is correct. I can get past the redeclare error but coupons are not reducing the cart total. I started with the 5.14 complete install, is there a known issue with the package or is it something else. I do have other contributions added to my site.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks for this post, it was just what I was looking for.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct.

i wish you success with this project of re-vamping and finally sorting out the CCGV

vger was right (on your other thread), ever since v5.10c - it has gone a bit LOOPY! i will be very happy to receive your zip file and upload and test etc to my sites to check out the functionality

this is a brilliant mod, truly brilliant but too many people hve come in and messed it up (with all due respect to all..) but you may find that as per the instructions to go back to rigadin's original and replacing the files suggested earlier - you rectify the 'French Language' problem and really, it doesn't need to much work after that

i have a few opinions of my own on how to proceed on the front end and admin end, so i would really like to put the views forward :-)

thanks peter

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Seems I spoke too soon two posts ago. Java Roasters is already planning to redo CCGV.

So, I will be helping him, any suggestions you guys have, still send and we will evaluate them.

I have this contribution on one of my sites, and never got it to work properly. The issue has been reported several times, but we've never been able to figure out why it isn't working. I use the contribution for coupons and when I try to redeem a coupon, the message says it accepts the coupon, but the cart box doesn't reflect the coupon, and the confirmation doesn't recognize the coupon. If I redeem the coupon TWICE it works.

My client would love to use this feature if we can get it working. I'm happy to be a beta tester for the rework, if you can include instructions on upgrading from one to the other.

Thanks for tackling this issue! If you need further info on this issue, just let me know.

Janet

Java Roasters and I have both seen this problem, and I'm sure it's already been tackled somewhere back in the forum. But the problem is that the confirmation checkbox doesn't show up on the checkout_confirmation page. You've redeemed the coupon but before you confirm the order, you have to click another box before the coupon is applied to the price. I don't like this feature, and in light of other people who might like it, I'd like to have an option in admin interface to toggle it.

But, if you say once you redeem the same coupon twice, it accepts it, that IS a problem and needs to be fixed. I'll look into it.

Keep suggestions coming.

Hey, just a note to let whoever's reading this thread know that I'm currently trying to clean up the contrib and release a new version that incorporates more stuff into the admin interface instead of flat files.

As those who came before me know, this is a time intensive undertaking. I'm taking the same approach that brian175 took, which is starting with 5.13 Full Install by Rigadin 22 Apr 05 and looking at every contribution after that.

I plan to do the following:

• make and keep a nice changelog

• incorporate into the install instructions line by line modification instructions for anybody that has modded osC files

• document what I chose to implement from the contrib history post 22Apr05 and what I didn't

• keep the 3 basic languages current and standardized (English, Spanish, and German)

• possibly add a french translation (if I can get in contact with those who contribed here who speak it)

• and like I said before, add configuration values to the admin interface

I would appreciate any ideas from you guys on things:

• you think are missing

• you think are not working

• you think could be better

• you changed on your install that you think would benefit the rest of us

And I would GREATLY appreciate any language help. I only fluently speak english, so contact me (my user name at hotmail.com) and we can go from there. If I don't get contacted, I will do my best with online translator tools.

If anyone else is already undertaking this, let's talk so we can work together.

Sit tight, I'll try to move fast.

If it's possible I wish there was a redeemation place in my account area

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

I disagree... IMHO i would do it this way:

EG: if your total is $110 and you have a 50% discount coupon, it is clearer to use the discount first as you will know long before you use your gift vouchers that you have $55 to pay - isn't that better?

Sub Total - 1

Discount Coupons - 2

Gift Vouchers - 3

Shipping - 4

Tax - 5

Total 6

up to you guys...

UK OsC users need to be careful with this because VAT on discounts is a bit complex, and gift vouchers are a payment-method and therefore not included in the VAT calculation.

In theory I'd do it like this:

Subtotal - 1

Discount code - 2

VAT (if applicable) - 3

Shipping - 4

Gift Vouchers - 5

Total - 6

:)

I would like to see the ability to use two different coupon codes in the same order. (Unless there is a way, and I've missed it!) Right now if I enter a second coupon code during checkout, it negates the first one that was entered...

I have this contribution on one of my sites, and never got it to work properly. The issue has been reported several times, but we've never been able to figure out why it isn't working. I use the contribution for coupons and when I try to redeem a coupon, the message says it accepts the coupon, but the cart box doesn't reflect the coupon, and the confirmation doesn't recognize the coupon. If I redeem the coupon TWICE it works.

My client would love to use this feature if we can get it working. I'm happy to be a beta tester for the rework, if you can include instructions on upgrading from one to the other.

Thanks for tackling this issue! If you need further info on this issue, just let me know.

Janet

I have the exact same problem... :(

Were you able to solve this?

I have the exact same problem... :(

Were you able to solve this?

'Fraid not... :( I've seen at least two other people who have reported this problem as well. One person thought it was a global registers off issue. I tried testing it via the Global Registers contribution test code, but couldn't find anything. Maybe another of the contributions is causing the problem. On the site, I also have running STS, Easy Populate, Small-med-large images, Purchase without Account, Attributes Sets, Featured Products, Product Listing Select, and Cross Sell. Are you using any of these?

Janet

Janet

I got it the error (i hope).

It doesn't save (the first time) the "cc_id" variable in the session. The second time yes.

This is the code to modify:

file: includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

line: 132/133

Replace this:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('cc_id')) tep_session_register('cc_id'); //Fred - this was commented out before
$cc_id = $coupon_result['coupon_id']; //Fred ADDED, set the global and session variable

With this

$cc_id = $coupon_result['coupon_id']; //Fred ADDED, set the global and session variable
if (!tep_session_is_registered('cc_id')) tep_session_register('cc_id'); //Fred - this was commented out before

Edited by Giacomo79

hello

I just installed CCGV 5.14 and it seemed to work fine up to one point when I reached the checkout_confirmation step.

I have the following error message :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /home/patator/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 20

On line 20, I have :

class paypal {
var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
function paypal() {
  global $order;
  $this->code = 'paypal';
  $this->codeTitle = 'PayPal';
  $this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE;
  $this->description = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
  $this->sort_order = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER;
  $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
  if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
	$this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
  }
  if (is_object($order)) $this->update_status();
  $this->form_paypal_url = 'https://' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DOMAIN . '/cgi-bin/webscr';
  $this->cc_explain_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL_INFO, '', 'SSL');
  }

I'm using PayPal_ShoppingCart_IPN 3.1.15.

Could somebody help me, somebody who is running these 2 contributions perhaps ?

Is there any fix, update to use both contribution together (my Paypal contrib is the one from Devosc and not from the Osc Team)

thanks

patrice

www.clubfitting.net

I'm having issues with this mod. i think i installed it right. but when i click redeem and it says to select a payment method first. how can i fix this?

Can anyone tell me how to get this running right? For some reason when i enter in the code and click redeem it wants me to enter in credt card info first. once i do it it and click redeem it erases all cc info and i have to enter again. How can I fix this?

Thanks

No discount for product with attribute ?

I found a solution to this question in a previous thread (author-hobzilla)

For those who have the same problem than me : if discount coupons are not taken into account for product with attributes, use the following patch :

replace the line

//Fred 2003-10-28, fix for the row above, otherwise the discount is calc based on price excl VAT! */

$pr_c = $this->product_price($pr_ids[$ii]);

with the following line

$pr_c = $this->product_price($order->products[$i]['id']);

Also in the same function below

I replaced the line

$pr_c = $this->product_price(tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']));

(The function tep_get_prid was creating problem)

with the following line

$pr_c = $this->product_price($order->products[$i]['id']);

Why is this patch not taken into consideration in version 5.14 ?

Will the above amendments involve other issues ?

Thanks for your comments

Pat

Edited by patator

I have another question

I hope I will have some help from somebody....

My shop is in both french and english.

When I send a coupon via email through the admin console, it works great as long as I want to send it in french.

If I switch the admin console in english (to send coupons to english customers), then the customer doesn't receive any email, despite the fact the coupon_admin.php file confirms that the email was sent.

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks

Patrice

PS : if I do the same operation for a voucher, it works 100% perfect, bearing in mind that the gv_mail.php file to send vouchers via emails

i have a problem with my voucher system

it does all work BUT i have no function in the admin/configuration.php for the two option (welcome coupon and welcome voucher)

i have seen these work in the admin of another store and not only that, the welcome email DOES have the options in it

at the moment all i have is 'check coupon offer' and 'check voucher offer' - and if i ignore the text and put in ?5.00 welcome email it does not show in the welcome email

please can someone advise where to start looking to fix it

many thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have a client who is using ccgv with the table rate shipping module. I realized that anyone with a mixed cart - virtual and non-virtual items - would be charged shipping for a gift voucher. So I thought I would change the shipping mod to subtract the total_virtual. But then I looked at the calculate() code for shopping_cart:

$gv_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
	  $gv_result = tep_db_fetch_array($gv_query);
	  if (ereg('^GIFT', $gv_result['products_model'])) {
		$no_count = 0;
	  }

The ereg condition looks like it is just the opposite of what it should be, or am I crazy? Well, maybe I should say am I wrong?

I was really worried about installing this contribution on my heavily mod'd shopping cart. I'm still very new to PHP and no nothing about SQL but as long as you follow the directions and go slow you will be fine. I thought it would take at least six hours to install and I did it in a hour and a half. This is really a great contribution.

The only problem I am having is on the checkout payment page. When I enter the Redeem Code and click on the Redeem button it clears out the credit card info that I just entered. Also there is a red box at the top of the page that says nothing, above the red box it does say Coupon Redemption. Should the red box say something in there like, "Coupon Redeemed?" The red box appears to be a error box but the coupon/voucher code works fine and I am able to check out. Other than that it works great.

Anyone have a similar problem with the credit card info being erased or having a red box at the top of the payment checkout page?

I was really worried about installing this contribution on my heavily mod'd shopping cart. I'm still very new to PHP and no nothing about SQL but as long as you follow the directions and go slow you will be fine. I thought it would take at least six hours to install and I did it in a hour and a half. This is really a great contribution.

The only problem I am having is on the checkout payment page. When I enter the Redeem Code and click on the Redeem button it clears out the credit card info that I just entered. Also there is a red box at the top of the page that says nothing, above the red box it does say Coupon Redemption. Should the red box say something in there like, "Coupon Redeemed?" The red box appears to be a error box but the coupon/voucher code works fine and I am able to check out. Other than that it works great.

Anyone have a similar problem with the credit card info being erased or having a red box at the top of the payment checkout page?

oblivion77,

The "Coupon Redeemed" is most likely the message that is returned once you have successfully – just check that the value is now displayed on the right under the totals. To change this look in the language folder for the ccgv item.

The cc info will always disappear if you click a button since this is sensitive info you do not want it to be stores where it can be accessed by others. I found it more logical to move the redeem section above the cc entry to stop anyone doing what you have described.

Also see the contributions extra mod provided to make the checkout more logical.

pdumpert,

The ereg is correct, in php ^GIFT means check the item starts with the characters GIFT so will return to for GIFT25 and fail on 25GIFT.

HTH

Si.

Edited by scranmer

oblivion77,

The "Coupon Redeemed" is most likely the message that is returned once you have successfully ? just check that the value is now displayed on the right under the totals. To change this look in the language folder for the ccgv item.

The cc info will always disappear if you click a button since this is sensitive info you do not want it to be stores where it can be accessed by others. I found it more logical to move the redeem section above the cc entry to stop anyone doing what you have described.

Also see the contributions extra mod provided to make the checkout more logical.

pdumpert,

The ereg is correct, in php ^GIFT means check the item starts with the characters GIFT so will return to for GIFT25 and fail on 25GIFT.

HTH

Si.

I too had this issue with the check out and cc info being redeemed. I moved the coupon up but it asks me to enter the cc info before I can redeem. How can I fix this?

I too had this issue with the check out and cc info being redeemed. I moved the coupon up but it asks me to enter the cc info before I can redeem. How can I fix this?

This sounds like a problem with the cc contribution. I have noticed and fixed this in mine but not got around to rereleasing it yet. I suspect if you look in your catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php you will find the error thats being returned so just need to ensure if you have not cc info you do have a voucher.

HTH

Si.

my CCGV install has been working like a dream for over 8 months. just wanted to note that before i recommend changes/additions ;-) LOVE IT

these are things i wish for the next update

-admin to delete vouchers sent to customers

-when they have a voucher balance, customers try to type the code in again and it comes back invalid because it was already redeemed.. then i get emails about how to use the voucher.. another option, place the balance in the redeem area (instead of shopping cart box) with its own box, to avoid confusion

-option to have a percent discount NOT applied to sale items

-easy to edit email templates (for sending gift vouchers)

i have a problem with my voucher system

it does all work BUT i have no function in the admin/configuration.php for the two option (welcome coupon and welcome voucher)

i have seen these work in the admin of another store and not only that, the welcome email DOES have the options in it

at the moment all i have is 'check coupon offer' and 'check voucher offer' - and if i ignore the text and put in ?5.00 welcome email it does not show in the welcome email

please can someone advise where to start looking to fix it

many thanks

ok - i didnt have the sql that contained the coupon or voucher code for the configuration, i have installed it properly now

i have it appearing properly in my admin/configuration (admin home page) BUT it does not contain that info in the 'welcome email'

does anyone know what text to put where - in order to get the welcome voucher and coupon appearing properly in the welcome email

please advise

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

ok - i didnt have the sql that contained the coupon or voucher code for the configuration, i have installed it properly now

i have it appearing properly in my admin/configuration (admin home page) BUT it does not contain that info in the 'welcome email'

does anyone know what text to put where - in order to get the welcome voucher and coupon appearing properly in the welcome email

please advise

chooch,

all text displayed should be held in language files, these are located in catalog\includes\languages\english. For the email sent see gv_send.php there are lots of text items entitled EMAIL_GV_...

also there are 3 files in the admin area catalog\sysadmin\includes\languages\english gv_...

HTH

Si.