The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xwaroth,

Just comment the functions out of includes/functions/general.php. PHP works by "including" pages of code and the CCGV functions already exist in the CCGV file (includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php I think).

HTH

Si.

meister,

Sorry dont use the discount yet, I will shortly and I have already noticed a problem with % values discounts being treated as ? discounts.

Si.

ok i uploaded my original backup general.php in the functions, i setup a coupon code with certain cpaths, but now when i add them to my car and go to checkout i dont see the coupon code box to redeem it, anybody have any suggestions?

xearoth,

Have you turned on all of the admin settings? setup the order totals in admin correctly (if not reread the documentation that was in the zip)?

Si.

Yes, but I am getting this error on the order total admin module page

Warning: main(D:/www/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_tax2.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\www\ecommerceadmin\modules.php on line 132

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'D:/www/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_tax2.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\www\ecommerceadmin\modules.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_tax in D:\www\includes\modules\order_total\ot_tax2.php on line 13

xearoth,

you have a none CCGV error and I would now suggest you have made a mistake with the install. A couple of things here :-

1. Did you take a copy of the file ot_tax before you started? if so this MUST be removed from the directory since oSC reads the directory contents to see what modules are installed.

2. Check what other payment modules you have also installed, I think they should be the same as mine and I dont ever remember seeing a ot_tax2.php before

ot_subtotal.php

ot_shipping.php

ot_coupon.php

ot_gv.php

ot_tax.php

ot_total.php

ot_loworderfee.php

HTH

Si.

Edited by scranmer

ok awesome i got it fixed, thanks alot. I have two other small questions, when you try to edit a coupon the ending date defaults back to a year from today, so I have to change it back everytime I change it. Also when i put in a particular product id # or cpath # that only the coupon code can get applied to it doesnt work. Or maybe that confuses me, because it still has teh coupon code box there for products that i dont want free shipping applied to. So i tried just one product id #, tested a product that it shouldnt ahve worked for and it showed up and also i put in the coupon and it accepted it too, anybody help me with why that is still working? when you have multiple does ti need to be like 21,22,23 or 21, 22, 23?

well i saw it accepted it but wont apply the discount though, now my other question is that if you have it only on a select products you can add that to the cart and say shipping should be $9.67, well that is subtracted from the order total, but then if you go back and add a product that is NOT suppose to get free shipping it moves the shipping charge up to $18 and then if you go checkout instead of coming back with -9.67 like before it now comes back at -$18 which is not what this is suppose to do, so therefore it is applying that discount code to the wrong products in this case. Somebody please help explain this.

Ok, I've skimmed through this post and I hope I'm not opening a can of worms but there are so many pages on here and I'm lost.

I want to be able to accept coupons that I pass out and Gift Cert's. I'm assuming this is a contrib I have to download. From what I'm reading in some parts of this posts, it's a hard one. Is this correct? If so, I just won't take coupons but if it's not, can someone just tell me how to do it so that I can relay this to my web guy? I've been giving him a lot lately and want to make things easy for him. BUT, if it's too much, I just won't do it.

Input anyone???? :thumbsup:

Dear Mr Dog (because yow mydoggie just sounds wrong),

Since you have a technical person to help you there should be no real problems. I?m also taking it for granted that you shop is live and he has setup a full test area on the machine to allow you to install this and check all mods anyway ? What do you mean NO? Joking aside there seems to be a few issues with offering % discount vouchers or applying vouchers to specific product categories. Not sure if anyone has tried to resolve these yet but I think like my customer most people are only really using this contribution to sell and distribute gif vouchers which works perfectly well.

Also if you have any install/config issues you could always get him to post on here as there always seems to be someone hanging around.

HTH

Si.

Ok I need help. I read through the posts but still have a problem. I have no coupon code box and after reading this post http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...54entry720154

I went in and looked in my admin>modules?order total and I have no option for gift vouchers or discounts. Did I miss something n the install?? Can someone help.

yes if you have nothing in the admin section you have not installed the admin section. Look down 2 posts and you will see a list and dir location. Go and check whats in here as this is where OSC looks to find out what order total modules are installed.

HTH

Si.

Ok I've looked all over the place and can't find an answer. I got everything set up and it all works now but I have one problem. I set up gift certificate as a regular catalog item but when I went to test it everything went fine through check out and after i let it go from the queue I got an email saying it was free to use but in that email it doesn't give the customer the code to use to redeem it. Any ideas?? I have the model set to GIFT25 or the amount and I followed the directions but still can't figure this out. Please help.

Ok I just noticed the gift voucher amount and the little check box you have to check at check out to use the amount but when clicking the check box and pressing redeem like the instructions say I get an error saying no coupon code was entered. I hope this helps.

Ok I've looked all over the place and can't find an answer. I got everything set up and it all works now but I have one problem. I set up gift certificate as a regular catalog item but when I went to test it everything went fine through check out and after i let it go from the queue I got an email saying it was free to use but in that email it doesn't give the customer the code to use to redeem it. Any ideas?? I have the model set to GIFT25 or the amount and I followed the directions but still can't figure this out. Please help.

Ok I just noticed the gift voucher amount and the little check box you have to check at check out to use the amount but when clicking the check box and pressing redeem like the instructions say I get an error saying no coupon code was entered. I hope this helps.

Greenwolf,

You may want to install the extra contribution mod by ckyshop.co.uk (see the contribution page) which changes the layout slightly and makes it more "user friendly". What you have to do is either

a) enter a ticket reference and click redeem

or

B) click the tick box to use the credit and then click CONTINUE to post the page

In a week or two I will complete and post another checkout mod which should elevate this by making the tick box a js post and displaying a total breakdown next to the cc info showing if the total is used and how much is left to pay.

HTH

Si.

Joking aside there seems to be a few issues with offering % discount vouchers or applying vouchers to specific product categories. Not sure if anyone has tried to resolve these yet but I think like my customer most people are only really using this contribution to sell and distribute gif vouchers which works perfectly well.

Hello scranmer,

I would exaclty need to offer discount coupons, that give the customer 10% of the total price. As I have read in your answer, this is not possible at the moment. Does anyone have a fix for the % discount bug, as this is the only function I really need? Or is there an other contribution, that offers a discount coupon code, that can be filled in during the checkout proccess, and will give you some percentage discount?

Thanks a lot for your answer and best regards,

pascal

Sorry I cannot help you as I have not properly used this feature yet. Please don?t get me wrong this is an excellent contribution and it may fully work BUT I was summarising all the latest remarks made and there have been a few questions asked on these subjects.

Si.

well i saw it accepted it but wont apply the discount though, now my other question is that if you have it only on a select products you can add that to the cart and say shipping should be $9.67, well that is subtracted from the order total, but then if you go back and add a product that is NOT suppose to get free shipping it moves the shipping charge up to $18 and then if you go checkout instead of coming back with -9.67 like before it now comes back at -$18 which is not what this is suppose to do, so therefore it is applying that discount code to the wrong products in this case. Somebody please help explain this.

still no help?

I think in this case you are asking too much of it. The discounts on specific products should only be used for products and not include things like shipping and taxes on top of that. When you have a discount on a specific product and apply the discount to shipping for that product and then add a product that does not have a discount on shipping it does not know how to calculate the total or allocate the partial shipping discount. Also doing it this way IMO is a bad business decission as shipping is a cost incurred by you and unless you mark up all shipping charges to make up the discounts you give some customers it is not a good policy to have.

I would set the discounts on products ONLY and then add shipping and taxes after the discounts have been applied (admin ->modules -> order total).

Sub Total - 1

Gift Vouchers - 2

Discount Coupons - 3

Shipping - 4

Tax - 5

Total 6

Then in the GV/Coupons section do not include shipping or taxes in the calculations (in the same section of the admin).

Include Shipping - False

Include Tax - False

This should give you the discount on the products (as they should be) but leave your stores standard shipping costs alone. This way (although not exactly what you were trying to do) will give your customers the discounts they deserve but also provide better accounting management practices for you as you will be able to cost the total value of the shipments to your customes more accurately.

Peter

I think in this case you are asking too much of it. The discounts on specific products should only be used for products and not include things like shipping and taxes on top of that. When you have a discount on a specific product and apply the discount to shipping for that product and then add a product that does not have a discount on shipping it does not know how to calculate the total or allocate the partial shipping discount. Also doing it this way IMO is a bad business decission as shipping is a cost incurred by you and unless you mark up all shipping charges to make up the discounts you give some customers it is not a good policy to have.

I would set the discounts on products ONLY and then add shipping and taxes after the discounts have been applied (admin ->modules -> order total).

Sub Total - 1

Gift Vouchers - 2

Discount Coupons - 3

Shipping - 4

Tax - 5

Total 6

Then in the GV/Coupons section do not include shipping or taxes in the calculations (in the same section of the admin).

Include Shipping - False

Include Tax - False

This should give you the discount on the products (as they should be) but leave your stores standard shipping costs alone. This way (although not exactly what you were trying to do) will give your customers the discounts they deserve but also provide better accounting management practices for you as you will be able to cost the total value of the shipments to your customes more accurately.

Peter

I disagree... IMHO i would do it this way:

EG: if your total is $110 and you have a 50% discount coupon, it is clearer to use the discount first as you will know long before you use your gift vouchers that you have $55 to pay - isn't that better?

Sub Total - 1

Discount Coupons - 2

Gift Vouchers - 3

Shipping - 4

Tax - 5

Total 6

up to you guys...

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I disagree... IMHO i would do it this way:

EG: if your total is $110 and you have a 50% discount coupon, it is clearer to use the discount first as you will know long before you use your gift vouchers that you have $55 to pay - isn't that better?

Sub Total - 1

Discount Coupons - 2

Gift Vouchers - 3

Shipping - 4

Tax - 5

Total 6

You are correct.

Hey, just a note to let whoever's reading this thread know that I'm currently trying to clean up the contrib and release a new version that incorporates more stuff into the admin interface instead of flat files.

As those who came before me know, this is a time intensive undertaking. I'm taking the same approach that brian175 took, which is starting with 5.13 Full Install by Rigadin 22 Apr 05 and looking at every contribution after that.

I plan to do the following:

• make and keep a nice changelog
  • incorporate into the install instructions line by line modification instructions for anybody that has modded osC files
  • document what I chose to implement from the contrib history post 22Apr05 and what I didn't
  • keep the 3 basic languages current and standardized (English, Spanish, and German)
  • possibly add a french translation (if I can get in contact with those who contribed here who speak it)
  • and like I said before, add configuration values to the admin interface

I would appreciate any ideas from you guys on things:

• you think are missing
  • you think are not working
  • you think could be better
  • you changed on your install that you think would benefit the rest of us

And I would GREATLY appreciate any language help. I only fluently speak english, so contact me (my user name at hotmail.com) and we can go from there. If I don't get contacted, I will do my best with online translator tools.

If anyone else is already undertaking this, let's talk so we can work together.

Sit tight, I'll try to move fast.