• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi,

I've tried installing this following the install instructions word for word on a fresh install and it's all gone horribly wrong. Can anyone help me at all with installing contributions because I just can't get these things right.

All help GREATLY appreciated.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

sorry first for my broken English, I?ll give my best to make you understand what i want.

I?ve installed ccgv 5.10 and it seems to work fine, but after installing ccgv 2 of my 4 payment-modules are unavailable.

The 2 modules are banktransfer and cod_fee and I?ve no idea whats wrong. I started searching in the checkout_payment and classes/order_total but I haven?t found anything ... :blush:

Anybody an idea???

Can somebody tell me -- honestly, mind you -- how much of a drag it is to install this mod in combination with Separate Pricing per Customer?

I really want to be able to have Coupon Codes (for discounts, and/or one-off free shipping options, etc.) but I don't want to spend three full 16-hour days installing this.

Sounds like people have nothing but headaches with this thing. Is it a case of "only the vocal minority complain" ??

Hi,

sorry first for my broken English, I?ll give my best to make you understand what i want.

I?ve installed ccgv 5.10 and it seems to work fine, but after installing ccgv 2 of my 4 payment-modules are unavailable.

The 2 modules are banktransfer and cod_fee and I?ve no idea whats wrong. I started searching in the checkout_payment and classes/order_total but I haven?t found anything ...  :blush:

Anybody an idea???

Well you reshuffle the sort order and check

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

just takes patience to install, and logical reasoning of how things work

Can somebody tell me -- honestly, mind you -- how much of a drag it is to install this mod in combination with Separate Pricing per Customer?

I really want to be able to have Coupon Codes (for discounts, and/or one-off free shipping options, etc.) but I don't want to spend three full 16-hour days installing this.

Sounds like people have nothing but headaches with this thing. Is it a case of "only the vocal minority complain" ??

just takes patience to install, and logical reasoning of how things work

I am a logical, patient person. What I am not, however, is an expert on how all the osC php modules interact with each other, how various database variables get assigned different names in different files or functions, and so forth.

I have done a decent job so far integrating most of my added contribs with SPPC, but I am very wary of CCGV because I've been told that, other than SPPC, it is the second HUGEST most invasive module in all of osC contrib-dom.

I really don't see why it should be so problematic (at least not as problematic as SPPC, which has to radically alter all the calls to obtain pricing, has to add fields in the DB for every product, etc.)

Is there, perhaps, another contrib out there with a very simple function -- the ability to make redeemable coupon codes, either use-once, or ones that don't expire until you tell them to? A customer could simply enter this on checkout and get a simple cash discount, no muss no fuss. The only thing that should probably be altered is checkout_payment.php.

CCGV seems to be a bit more comprehensive and ambitious than I really need. I don't think I necessarily need shipping options to become available as a coupon (though it might be useful). I don't think I need the gift voucher either -- though that would also be nice.

Really the main thing is to be able to give discount codes.

How many files does CCGV alter?

Well you reshuffle the sort order and check

Satish

I?ve tried it, but nothing happens, still only two payment modules...

I?ve found something...

a the modification from

includes/classes/order_total.php

// ############ Added CCGV Contribution ##########

//

// This function is called in checkout payment after display of payment methods. It actually calls

// two credit class functions.

is it possible that only 2 paymentmodules were called??

Hi

I am getting confused and have had to stop accepting discount vouchers while I try to resolve this issue as it is affecting my customers.

I have set up a number of discount vouchers which are printed on the bags of coffee I sell, so if a customer returns and places a follow up order, they receive a discount of $0.50.

Initial problem was it didn't take the discount off the total. I fixed this by playing with the sort order. so on the screen it all works perfectly :D

Then I notice a couple of customers have used a coupon, and the invoice looks good, as the discount is removed. Then I notice when I reconcile the Credit Card processing statement at the end of the day, and see that the FULL amount was charged to the credit card, not the amount shown on the invoice with the discount. :blink:

Here is what was shown on the invoice...

Sub-Total: $24.95

Courier Post (Track'n'Trace): $2.50

Discount Coupons:R1002A1101: -$0.50

Total: $26.95

But the banks received a payment from the customers credit card for $27.45. I am using the payment module DPS PxPost Payment Module

How do I fix this, I have 500+ voucher codes out there which can not be redeemed until I fix this.

Hmmm..... :blush:

I found the problem.... It was in the DPS payment module. It was usingthe wrong variable to obtain the order total. Looks like someone else had a similar problem and released a new version of that module.

Thanks guys

Hi

I am getting confused and have had to stop accepting discount vouchers while I try to resolve this issue as it is affecting my customers.

I have set up a number of discount vouchers which are printed on the bags of coffee I sell, so if a customer returns and places a follow up order, they receive a discount of $0.50.

Initial problem was it didn't take the discount off the total. I fixed this by playing with the sort order. so on the screen it all works perfectly :D

Then I notice a couple of customers have used a coupon, and the invoice looks good, as the discount is removed. Then I notice when I reconcile the Credit Card processing statement at the end of the day, and see that the FULL amount was charged to the credit card, not the amount shown on the invoice with the discount. :blink:

Here is what was shown on the invoice...

But the banks received a payment from the customers credit card for $27.45. I am using the payment module DPS PxPost Payment Module

How do I fix this, I have 500+ voucher codes out there which can not be redeemed until I fix this.

:blush: :blush:

I have a slight problem with this mod.

I have installed it and i have to say this is the worst mod i have ever had the pleasure of installing!

Thank you very much for making it and it does the job great but the install was bad.

I missed a lot of mods in files off because of the bad layout to modding and and didnt fully understand what to do.

I am not stupid either, i do a lot of coding with VB and have started with php so i know at least what things should and shouldnt be there!

Anyway, i am having problems with my shipping, for some reason it will not calculate the shipping at all?

It gets to the checkout and completely ignores the shipping?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry to have troubled you all, i have sorted it, it was because nothing had a weight in it, it treat them all as virtual items!

Right - I have had major probs trying to get this mod to work but I won't let it beat me!!! :D

I have installed this on a new install of osC and still can't make it work properly...

I can get the gift voucher and the coupons to redeem, but they stay in the shopping cart for that account even after the order has been completed and there is no credit due.

If you log out, the gift voucher is removed, but the coupon is still there to be redeemed as many times as you like...

It is really annoying me as I can't work out which file I should even be playing with!!

Any help from out there would be gratefully received! :thumbsup:

well after hours of messing with it, I finally got things working....to a point.

My problem is at checkout there isn't anywhere to redeem a coupon. I st up a 10% coupon....but where does the customer enter this?

Hi,

First of all for the install I would say if you have downloaded a fresh download(lates one) from the site and followed the instruction step by step there should not have been a problem.If you miss a file or miss pasting some lines as there are lot of files then this might happen.

Rgarding Redeem box it will appear only if the customer(member) who has logged in has been issues one and the couopn is still valid.

Satish

quick question:

one of my clients has CCGV and would like to bypass the payment page if the clicking on redeem makes the order total go down to zero. He thinks it's silly to still collect CC info in that case ... and I agree.

Before I sit down to code this anew, I bet it has been done before ... anyone willing to share?

TIA

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks to Lewis Hill for the latest improvement to the checkout_payment display-MUCH more intuitive!

For those who install it, you can change the dividing line color by editing this line in catalog/includes/modules/order_totals/ot_gv.php line 32:

$this->checkbox = $this->user_prompt . '<input type="checkbox" class="radio" CHECKED onClick="submitFunction()" name="' . 'c' . $this->code . '"><hr size="1" color="#cccccc"></tr>';

In this example I'm using the color code #cccccc to match the default grey borders. Also note that I have added "CHECKED" to this line so that the page loads with the "tick this box" checked-which is more intuitive IMO-change to suit your needs.

Also, to fix the slight alignment issue with the button_redeem.gif, I added the align tag to line 152:

? ? ? ?$image_submit = '<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="submitFunction()" src="' . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" class="contbutton" align="absbottom" alt="' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '" title = "' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '"></td>';

I've installed the above but my screen now looks like:

ApplyGV.jpg

Can some one please tell me where to align=left "Apply Gift voucher to purchase" the above text and get the line to take up 100% like in the original post,

Thanks,

Ally

I'll try this again... is it possible for a customer to be able to redeem TWO different coupon codes during checkout? During testing, I can only get one code to be redeemed...if I enter a second code, it overwrites the discount from the first code.

I appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

quick question:

one of my clients has CCGV and would like to bypass the payment page if the clicking on redeem makes the order total go down to zero. He thinks it's silly to still collect CC info in that case ... and I agree.

Before I sit down to code this anew, I bet it has been done before ... anyone willing to share?

TIA

I Think it is there as I did come acdross it once.I will also need to search so if your search for that is not successful please let Me know so that I will check and paste it over here.

Satish

so if I give out coupons at a show then they can't be used?

Well presently that is how CCGV is built you need to modify code a bit to get it work your way.

Satish

I Think it is there as I did come acdross it once.I will also need to search so if your search for that is not successful please let Me know so that I will check and paste it over here.

Satish

Hi Satish I saw a bunch of references to it but no solution ... if you see one please provide the link!

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I'm trying to find the code for stuff that appears in the Admin Under Configuration -> My Store

At the very bottom, right under "Display Prices with tax" I have the following to entries:

"Offrir un ch?que cadeau"

"Offrir un coupon de r?duction"

I've figured out its french, roughly translated into

" Offer a check gift"

And

"Offer a reduction coupon"

My site will be an English only site, not even sure how I got that in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

tammy

quick question:

TIA

I also need that feature. Anyone? Thanks.

I also need that feature. Anyone? Thanks.

luckily enough, now that I changed the sorting for order total back to default, not like in the install instructions suggested, I not only get a cute little checkbox to use my funds from gift vouchers but also the bypassing of the payment happens if the checkbox is checked ... gotta love it!

only 3h of work to figure out the sort order was the culprit :-)

Monika

luckily enough, now that I changed the sorting for order total back to default, not like in the install instructions suggested, I not only get a cute little checkbox to use my funds from gift vouchers but also the bypassing of the payment happens if the checkbox is checked ... gotta love it!

only 3h of work to figure out the sort order was the culprit :-)

Could you help me with that please? What is the sort order supposed to be?

Could you help me with that please? What is the sort order supposed to be?

coupon 9

gv 740

order total 900

Monika