• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Thanks ..i cant believe i have been trying to find the sollution myself...I used to hang out here in the forums helping more than searching ...HOw did looking in the forums ...Not occure to me ... on my latest project???..

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks...for the solution...I'll fix it now...

I was about to remove the whole thing entirely.

Same thing ... can buy a voucher... receive a voucher...send to to just about anyone....but cant spend it....seeing the amout add with every test as a personal piggy-bank ..was nice and gives ideas....

ever thought of just double installing the point-redeem system and renaming all the Titles...+ text...

then use the settings ...as minimum #of points needed for purchase to a large amount .. so people can "save-up" their shopping bonus's To be spend only on a "duplicate+rename" special's page....kind of like the GAS-Station ...gift shop corner where you can spend ..your "collected stamps"...and buy a koffie-maker????... (the points sys. can be assinged specifically a group of products)

Anyway.... Thanks,

alx

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea im glad i found it too.

Was going around all confused.

Thanks again.

Also i just found that the REDEEM button DOES NOT belong to the voucher-balance!!!! amount at all.... in the checkout_confirmation.php file the contributions places the "tick for voucher amount use"...tick-button right above the REDEEM for "NEW certificate"button .....

Trick is ... yes the 740(sortorder->admin) too...but either USE redeem button ,..if you have separate giftcoupon.....or use the TICK-button...(green little ok thing-y)

Do your self a favour and and split that TABLE in HTM in 2 parts.....to make it less confusing...

ALx

I just noticed that when I set the Welcome code for 10% it shows up in the admin panel as follows

Senders Name Voucher Value Voucher Code Date Sent

Admin $10.00 Welcome2005 06/27/2005

Why does it show up as $10.00 instead of 10%, it does work properly at checkout and deducts the percentage, but I would like it to reflect in admin corrctly as well. Anyone have this problem and a fix for it? Thanks

Maddie

Last post for this evening promise *giggles*

I noticed something else strange and not sure how to fix it. I have enabled the Welcome discount coupon and it is sent correctly in the welcome email.

What is strange is after it is sent and I check it in the admin panel under gift vouchers sent it shows the same info for all of the coupons sent and they are all on the 'same line' so to speak.

No matter when it is sent or to whom they all have this and they are all grouped together:

Date Redeemed: 06/22/2005

IP Address: 68.97.117.59

Customer Id: 86

Does anyone know why? I did migrate servers and do some testing and thought I had cleaned up the database but could I have missed something? Anyone have any ideas to fix it so each one sent is associated with it's own line and id?

Thanks

Maddie

Edited by MzBeanz

Creating a redeem box off homepage.

I can create a box fine, etc.

**If you know the code snipet to create a form field to redeem a coupon code, please email me or post here!

I'm carrying this persons post forward:

"gawddd.. I am gonna get some sleep now.. 3am yesterday, after 1am today, and probably gonna be 2am... uugghhhh..

but.. another question on the redeem aspect of this great contribution.. anyone know how to show a redeem box on the left/right column ?, I have seen it on a site which is so using oscommerce, so it is possible, I am too tired to look at that tonight.. so anyone who has managed that, I would appreciate the help..

here is the site with the box http://www.inkcycle.co.uk/

regards

John. "

Creating a redeem box off homepage.

I can create a box fine, etc.

**If you know the code snipet to create a form field to redeem a coupon code, please email me or post here!

I'm carrying this persons post forward:

"gawddd.. I am gonna get some sleep now.. 3am yesterday, after 1am today, and probably gonna be 2am... uugghhhh..

but.. another question on the redeem aspect of this great contribution.. anyone know how to show a redeem box on the left/right column ?, I have seen it on a site which is so using oscommerce, so it is possible, I am too tired to look at that tonight.. so anyone who has managed that, I would appreciate the help..

here is the site with the box http://www.inkcycle.co.uk/

regards

John. "

catalog/ checkout_payment.php. Could I pull the needed code from here?

Could I put this code into a box?

<?php // #################### Added CGV ######################

echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

// #################### End Added CGV ###################### ?>

Hello. First of all, thanks for the great mod! The patience of the creator seems nearly endless(or maybe that's just what I'm hoping for to resolve my case).

My issue is that the $cc_id is being "forgotten" on the checkout_confirmation.php page. Actually, in the ot_coupon.php class methods, the $cc_id is empty.

I echo the $cc_id var out at different places in checkout_confirmation.php and find that as it runs through the pre_confirmation_check methods, the ot_coupon.php simply loses the ability to access the coupon code value.

I've even explicitly set a session variable to the gv_reddem_code value from the form in the checkout_confirmation.tmp.php and attempt to echo it back out from within the ot_coupon->pre_confirmation_check... but I must be missing something very rudimentary to php! I'm going out of my mind wondering why a class method can't reference a global session var.

Yikes! Any help very much appreciated.

klyder

After waiting patiently for the time to install this terrific contribution, I now have one small problem. When I go to admin and install the modules, they install in French. Although I am from New Orleans, my French is not that great. What did I do wrong?

sorry, posted original in the wrong place:

i have installed the ccgv (as per maddie msbeanz) and followed some other advice and got it working fine.. all the discounts etc seem to work.

just a quick question, in the admin page, in the configure link it says :

check coupon discount

coupon discount offer

what do these do?

please advise

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Rick - I am having this problem as well! can't figure out what the deal is. Have you gotten any responses?

Still Trying to figure this one out. Are you having any luck? No one seems interested in helping on this issue....don't know why.

Question: Does your checkout screen have a tick radio button across from the gift/discount Voucher line? Mine does not, but when I point to that line it highlights just like it does when I am about to select another payment method. I am thinking the error in my install has to do with getting this radio button to appear so I can check it.

Rick

Totally new question....

I'd like to run a promotion similiar to the iTunes/Pepsi thing where....

1. a unique coupon code is generated allowing a free download to the holder of a ticket

2. once he/she redeems the download with the ticket, it's wiped clean. So that the coupon code can only be used once by one person.

Is this something that this contribution can do?

If not... any recomendations?

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Still Trying to figure this one out.  Are you having any luck?  No one seems interested in helping on this issue....don't know why.

Question:  Does your checkout screen have a tick radio button across from the gift/discount Voucher line?  Mine does not, but when I point to that line it highlights just like it does when I am about to select another payment method.  I am thinking the error in my install has to do with getting this radio button to appear so I can check it.

Rick

If you do not see the check box my guess is your sort order is not right. There has been a great deal of discussion on this topic throughout this thread. I had this problem myself. HOpe this helps you narrow it down.

maddie

After waiting patiently for the time to install this terrific contribution, I now have one small problem.  When I go to admin and install the modules, they install in French.  Although I am from New Orleans, my French is not that great.  What did I do wrong?

Please read back a few pages.

When the package was updated the files in the package had the french language files.

The French Translation

Discussion and fix for French in Admin

The way I fixed it:

What I did was to use Rigadins download and opened the same file(s)

catalog/includes/modules/ot_coupon.php around line 556

catalog/includes/modules/ot_gv.php around line 321

and after this line of the following in those 2 files

function install() {

I copied the english from this file to the updated one that portion if the files.

Then I uploaded these files... but then you have to go into admin panel and remove the module and reinstall it by clicking on the green plus sign... then you should see it in english. Hope you were able to follow that.

Update: I was told by Gyakutsuki who prodived an update 24 May 2005:

"Just a little update in ot_coupon payment. Now you can use free shipping with an amount. It does'nt work before"

He said this was this file was the only one altered. So using the previous versions files should fix it. A bit easeir then how I did it.... less room for error.

Maddie

If you do not see the check box my guess is your sort order is not right. There has been a great deal of discussion on this topic throughout this thread. I had this problem myself.  HOpe this helps you narrow it down.

maddie

Thanks for your help. Turns out that it is a sort issue - Voucher Must be higher than the discount coupon or the tick box does not appear.

Thanks again,

Rick

Ps. There is also some misunderstanding going on as to when to use the redeem button on checkout. I had a few e-mail exchanges with Alx and he corrected my misunderstanding on that point. The redeem button is only used to move the amount of the gift voucher to your shopping cart as available funds, not to use it as a payment option. You must only use the Voucher Tick box to apply funds to the purchase, without htting the redeem button. When you check out it works fine that way. Thanks to Alx for setting me straight on that!!

Rick

Your welcome rick and yes I agree I have been looking at the code to move the redeem button closer to the Gift Vouchers/Coupon Discounts sectin.. I have also asked rigadin to look into it for the next release.

Maddie

this is driving me crazy!!!!

i just installed this module..... went straight and installed the "30 May 2005 - CCGV v5.13d" version.....

and the problems are as follows...

1. the french thing. I know there have been solutions posted on this in this forum, but really, can someone just upload a version that has the English version in it? I'm not really comfortable messing with SQL tables and such. Though I have been since I installed this contribution.

2. When the Gift Vocher is enabled in the module section... and i add a product to my shopping cart and proceed to checkout... I get the following error....

1146 - Table 'TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '12'

[TEP STOP]

So checking MYPHPADMIN i see "coupon_gv_customer" is there but the "browse" icon is ghosted. Are these things case senstive? I can't figure out what the heck is going on here.

3. So I uninstalled the Gift Voucher module and enabled the Discount Coupon module. I can get to the "checkout_confirmation.php" page and then I get this error:

1146 - TABLE_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select coupon_code from TABLE_COUPONS where coupon_id=''

[TEP STOP]

but looking at MYPHPADMIN... there is "coupons". So I can't call it.

4. If I enable both modules, on the "checkout_payment.php" page I get:

TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

I really don't understand what's going on here.....

can someone help??????????

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Another issue with my ccgb-513d installation onto a heavily modded MS2.2 which uses a table rate for shipping based on price:

Purchases of GVs (a virtual item) are still being charged shipping. 

Based on what I've read here in the forums, I have

1) enabled downloads

2) enabled free shipping

3) set the weight of the gift voucher product= 1;  all other products weight=0

Still, shipping is charged even if a gift voucher is the only item purchased.  Any suggestions?

Hi Leslie... Gift Vouchers weight should be set to zero

GV=0; all other products to their weights

Maddie

2. When the Gift Vocher is enabled in the module section... and i add a product to my shopping cart and proceed to checkout... I get the following error....

1146 - Table 'TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

So checking MYPHPADMIN i see "coupon_gv_customer" is there but the "browse" icon is ghosted. Are these things case senstive? I can't figure out what the heck is going on here.

3. So I uninstalled the Gift Voucher module and enabled the Discount Coupon module. I can get to the "checkout_confirmation.php" page and then I get this error:

1146 - TABLE_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select coupon_code from TABLE_COUPONS where coupon_id=''

[TEP STOP]

but looking at MYPHPADMIN... there is "coupons". So I can't call it.

4. If I enable both modules, on the "checkout_payment.php" page I get:

TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

I really don't understand what's going on here.....

can someone help??????????

Well perhaps it is a sessions problem. I had that happen and when I emptied my sessions table (not drop but empty) it resolved it for me.

Go into phpMyAdmin and click on the database for your store. On the right side is all the tables, put a check mark in the box for sessions then scroll down and select Empty.... do not select Drop!

Then go back and see if it cleared up your error.

Maddie

Edited by MzBeanz

Hello,

I installed the contributions , i like it very much . But i have two strange problemes :

1.i can only 1 time send a voucher as a client to someone else from the shop , and when i tried to do this a second time nothing happend :( I clean up the database tables and tried it again , and the same thing happend 1 times it is possible to send from the shoppincart to someone else and the second time nothing. The most of the time i get then an error like this:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/xxxxx/catalog/includes/functions/database.php

2. The other problem is , when someone received the mail for the gift voucher there is no number in the mail ? It gets something like this

http://www.mydomain.nl/catalog/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=

When you clicked on the link the gift is in the card ?? is this normal ?

Please help so i can used it for real :)

Thanks,

Joost

GUYS >>>GALS>>>!!!!...attention..After reading 128 pages of about the same problems..and having a working version ..I will Add my knowledge, K.

I browses ..all forums ..and combined two separate topics...of solutions and figured the whole redeem voucher thing out...

It's with the settings .

it's with the istalations...

and the use .. (or what you assume ..= wrong on "how to")

I had emailed backa nd forth with RGStephens He! what's up!

and evemntually he too got it working ..and all other issues .faded away after wards..

First ..Istall the contribution Giftvoucher +redeem class...You have a -c and a -d version....

Attention!!! => after installing you will get weird errors...about tabvles ..ect...

Check to see which version you installed .. the -c version is done the old way ..and the -d version uses the same code just moved some files around and combined a vew things...compare the two foldes...make sure yo aren't missing anything ....(realise that -d version is an update to -c ... and some mistakes ..happen)

After that..: do this...and all will be fine.

this is what i wrote to Rick Stephens.....worked for me ..worked for him ..if it does not work for you..youmight have to reinstall..manually ...follow the install.txt..

mostly you just forgot one line...or part somewhere..to sort it out...

here goes!

--------------------

i used the voucher/coupon...and installed the points/rewards system first

FIRST===> after adding contribution...in admin/totalorders...|DO NOT press Instal-button yet!!!! first do this:

GOTO catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php

approx...Line 268:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_SORT_ORDER', '740', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '2', now())");

From '740' TO: '0' it lets me assign any sort order in admin and still works fine.

GOTo...admin/totalorders...

for both discount coupons+ gift Voucher==>press install...

Make sure DISCOUNT module is lower number than giftvoucher!..

i have this order=> subtax(1),shipping(2),loworderfee(3),tax(4),pay at pickup(5)redemptions(6),Discountcoupons(9),GiftVouchers(10) and TOTAL=11

settings discount->

true,9,true,true,none,none

Voucher settings ->

true,10,true,true,true,none,none,false

(this is just basic default settings i think..but if doesn't work for you..you have code problem..?...might reinstall copy paste style...jsut incase..missing comma..ect in code...usually helps doing same install of files twice...

anyway...now for the trick!

Go to ADMIN/VOUCHERS/MAIL COUPON

Select your own email adres...or what u use to test site and login..

Type 25 in the amount box...

Add a little text so you can see what the auto-email-'you received a gift" looks like...with text ...

NOw...

a) go to email and use code to redeem...+link...

press link...takes you to login...use same email adres..and then you get to "you redeemed..xxx$...page" ...NOw look at shopping CART!...

it now sais...

voucher worth: 25$

send a gift voucher(link)..i really like this addon.!!!..fill in any amount available...and subtracts it nicely from your own account...Super coding GUYs! ...

Anyway ..now you have 25 bucks to spend!

go to shooping page ...and select any small cheap gift less than 25$...

Add to cart...

Checkout...

when you get to second checkout page...

under ..Choose Payment...you have three things!!!

a)Input field..for voucher code...(you already used this..once..will not work using email code twice)

'vink'-button...for "Use voucher ballance"

c)redeem button!

Now here's the thing ...The redeem button BELONGS to the inputField!

Has nothing to do with "Use voucher balance"

ok!!!...that's the problem...you think you you have to 'Vink'=ON...AND press redeem button to work!!

ONLY press redeem button...if you stiull have unused voucher code!...form email! ok.

If you select payment...and use 'Vink'-use balance (radio-box)

and then press CONTINUE on the bottom of the page....

THings Go a smooth as a baby's bum!...

So I suggest ... go in to the checkout page ... and take the HTML-TABLE for this block apart!....so the input field+redeem button..are on one line...and the USE BALANCE text+radio button...are LOWER and underneath!...preferably a seperate tr-td-table /table /td /tr...

Will also be less confusing for customers ...if it takes us so long to figure out ...imagine your clients frustration!?...exactly...

If you need help with the html block...let me know...maybe i upload a update ...just for that part...?...k...

But that's really it....then everything was working fine...

If you have done all this and still nothing...

also let me know what's up ..maybe i have a good idea...depending on the problem ..lol...

---------------

To 'cure' this desease....i editedthe function that places the TICK on the same line as the Header..(lights up behind)...into two lightup on mouse over headers /..it's now ..more understandable that they ARE Separate ..!!

Anyway .. I found it and came with a quick fix....I?ll add the code that you need to replace ...just one function at the end of the email, K..

Look for same beginning and end ... and just paste over....

Doesn?t do much ..just takes the block you had....header that lights up...plus...input+button...

And splits the header i8nto two headers that light up!, K?

Atleast now whith it lighting up ... you get a feeling that they are two different choises....just use define to add a bit explanaition text..

Look at the function you are to copy ... somewhere in the middle i wrote:

// ALX ADDon text

$output_string .= 'This is explanation text for clarity....edit this,Rick...or turn into define..k'

// end alx add on text

... just edit the text .... you can wrap html around ..it ...doesn?t matter it?s just there to give you perspective...on what does what in the function...k...

Hope it helps....

GOTO....catalog/includes/calsses/order_total.php...

Look for this...(approx. Line 91-145)

And replace...with

function credit_selection() {

$selection_string = '';

$close_string = '';

$credit_class_string = '';

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {

$header_string = '<tr>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '  <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' . "\n";

$header_string .= '      <tr>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '        <td class="main"><b>' . TABLE_HEADING_CREDIT . '</b></td>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '      </tr>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '    </table></td>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '  </tr>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '<tr>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '  <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">' . "\n";

$header_string .= '    <tr class="infoBoxContents"><td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' ."\n";

$header_string .= '      <tr><td width="10">' .  tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') .'</td>' . "\n";

$header_string .= '          <td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' . "\n";

$close_string  = '                          </table></td>';

$close_string  .= '<td width="10">' .  tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') . '</td>';

$close_string  .= '</tr></table></td></tr></table></td>';

$close_string  .= '<tr><td width="100%">' .  tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') . '</td></tr>';

reset($this->modules);

$output_string = '';

while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));

if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled && $GLOBALS[$class]->credit_class) {

$use_credit_string = $GLOBALS[$class]->use_credit_amount();

if ($selection_string =='') $selection_string = $GLOBALS[$class]->credit_selection();

if ( ($use_credit_string !='' ) || ($selection_string != '') ) {

// first part of header...USE BALANCE....

$output_string .= '<tr align="keft"><td colspan="4" width="100%">' .  tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10') . '</td></tr>';

$output_string = '<tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" >' . "\n" .

'<td width="10">' .  tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') .'</td>' .

'<td class="main" colspan="2"><table><tr>' . $use_credit_string . '</tr></table>';

$output_string .= '<td width="10">' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') . '</td>';

$output_string .= '</tr>' . "\n";

$output_string .= '<tr><td colspan="2"><table><tr><td></td></tr></table></td></tr>';

// second part of header ....REDEEM new Voucher

$output_string .= '<tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" >' . "\n" .

'<td width="10">' .  tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') .'</td>';                     

$output_string .= '<td class="main" colspan="2"><b>' . $GLOBALS[$class]->header . '</b>';

// ALX ADDon text

$output_string .= '<br>This is explanation text for clarity....edit this,Rick...or turn into define..languages..good luck, k';

// end alx add on text 

$output_string .= '</td>';

$output_string .= '<td width="10">' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') . '</td>';

$output_string .= $selection_string;

}

}

}

if ($output_string != '') {

$output_string = $header_string . $output_string;

$output_string .= $close_string;

}

}

return $output_string;

}

Should work fine now....make sure you have Voucher-cash ..in balance...(or you wont see..the USE_BALANCE ..)

So send yourself ...and Voucher email ..and redeem through email...go to site ...and check.

Oh buy the way... the USE_BALANCE line...is somehow <center>,...I looked ..got little confused..with what is controlling what ..and made a cup of coffee instead...lol..but will have to edit that other time ..

When i do .. i?ll mail ya... and tell ya how, K

Let me kow ..how that worked out for ya.

That shouls work for ...almost everything...

Again ....use the de-install button ...in /admin/modules...so it's turned off...

set the 740 to 0...(see top of this reply)...(change the French text at the same time...) ...the press install buitton an follow the rest of the instructions ...

K..ALX

GUYS >>>GALS>>>!!!!...attention..After reading 128 pages of about the same problems..and having a working version ..I will Add my knowledge, K.

I browses ..all forums ..and combined two separate topics...of solutions and  figured the whole redeem voucher thing out...

It's with the settings .

it's with the istalations...

and the use .. (or what you assume ..= wrong on "how to")

I had emailed backa nd forth with RGStephens  He! what's up!

and evemntually he too got it working ..and all other issues .faded away after wards..

First ..Istall the contribution Giftvoucher +redeem class...You have  a -c and a -d version....

Attention!!! => after installing you will get weird errors...about tabvles ..ect...

Check to see which version you installed .. the -c version is done the old way ..and the -d version uses the same code just moved some files around and combined a vew things...compare the two foldes...make sure yo aren't missing anything ....(realise that -d version is an update to -c ... and some mistakes ..happen)

After that..: do this...and all will be fine.

this is what i wrote to Rick Stephens.....worked for me ..worked for him ..if it does not work for you..youmight have to reinstall..manually ...follow the install.txt..

mostly you just forgot one line...or part somewhere..to sort it out...

here goes!

--------------------

i used the voucher/coupon...and installed the points/rewards system first

FIRST===> after adding contribution...in admin/totalorders...|DO NOT press Instal-button yet!!!! first do this:

GOTO catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php

approx...Line 268:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_SORT_ORDER', '740', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '2', now())");

From '740' TO: '0' it lets me assign any sort order in admin and still works fine.

GOTo...admin/totalorders...

for both discount coupons+ gift Voucher==>press install...

Make sure DISCOUNT module is lower number than giftvoucher!..

i have this order=> subtax(1),shipping(2),loworderfee(3),tax(4),pay at pickup(5)redemptions(6),Discountcoupons(9),GiftVouchers(10) and TOTAL=11

settings discount->

true,9,true,true,none,none

Voucher settings ->

true,10,true,true,true,none,none,false

(this is just basic default settings i think..but if doesn't work for you..you have code problem..?...might reinstall copy paste style...jsut incase..missing comma..ect in code...usually helps doing same install of files twice...

anyway...now for the trick!

Go to ADMIN/VOUCHERS/MAIL COUPON

Select your own email adres...or what u use to test site and login..

Type 25 in the amount box...

Add a little text so you can see what the auto-email-'you received a gift" looks like...with text ...

NOw...

a) go to email and use code to redeem...+link...

press link...takes you to login...use same email adres..and then you get to "you redeemed..xxx$...page" ...NOw look at shopping CART!...

it now sais...

voucher worth: 25$

send a gift voucher(link)..i really like this addon.!!!..fill in any amount available...and subtracts it nicely from your own account...Super coding GUYs! ...

Anyway ..now you have 25 bucks to spend!

go to shooping page ...and select any small cheap gift less than 25$...

Add to cart...

Checkout...

when you get to second checkout page...

under ..Choose Payment...you have three things!!!

a)Input field..for voucher code...(you already used this..once..will not work using email code twice)

'vink'-button...for "Use voucher ballance"

c)redeem button!

Now here's the thing ...The redeem button BELONGS to the inputField!

Has nothing to do with "Use voucher balance"

ok!!!...that's the problem...you think you you have to 'Vink'=ON...AND press redeem button to work!!

ONLY press redeem button...if you stiull have unused voucher code!...form email! ok.

If you select payment...and use 'Vink'-use balance (radio-box)

and then press CONTINUE on the bottom of the page....

THings Go a smooth as a baby's bum!...

So I suggest ... go in to the checkout page ... and take the HTML-TABLE for this block apart!....so the input field+redeem button..are on one line...and the USE BALANCE text+radio button...are LOWER and underneath!...preferably a seperate tr-td-table /table /td /tr...

Will also be less confusing for customers ...if it takes us so long to figure out ...imagine your clients frustration!?...exactly...

If you need help with the html block...let me know...maybe i upload a update ...just for that part...?...k...

But that's really it....then everything was working fine...

If you have done all this and still nothing...

also let me know what's up ..maybe i have a good idea...depending on the problem ..lol...

---------------

To 'cure' this desease....i editedthe function that places the TICK on the same line as the Header..(lights up behind)...into two lightup on mouse over headers /..it's now ..more understandable that they ARE Separate ..!!

Anyway .. I found it and came with a quick fix....I?ll add the code that you need to replace ...just one function at the end of the email, K..

Look for same beginning and end ... and just paste over....

Doesn?t do much ..just takes the block you had....header that lights up...plus...input+button...

And splits the header i8nto two headers that light up!, K?

Atleast now whith it lighting up ... you get a feeling that they are two different choises....just use define to add a bit explanaition text..

Look at the function you are to copy ... somewhere in the middle i wrote:

// ALX ADDon text

$output_string .= 'This is explanation text for clarity....edit this,Rick...or turn into define..k'

// end alx add on text

... just edit the text .... you can wrap html around ..it ...doesn?t matter it?s just there to give you perspective...on what does what in the function...k...

Hope it helps....

GOTO....catalog/includes/calsses/order_total.php...

Look for this...(approx. Line 91-145)

And replace...with

Should work fine now....make sure you have Voucher-cash ..in balance...(or you wont see..the USE_BALANCE ..)

So send yourself ...and Voucher email ..and redeem through email...go to site ...and check.

Oh buy the way... the USE_BALANCE line...is somehow <center>,...I looked ..got little confused..with what is controlling what ..and made a cup of coffee instead...lol..but will have to edit that other time ..

When i do .. i?ll mail ya... and tell ya how, K

Let me kow ..how that worked out for ya.

That shouls work for ...almost everything...

Again ....use  the de-install button ...in /admin/modules...so it's turned off...

set the 740 to 0...(see top of this reply)...(change the French text at the same time...) ...the press install buitton an follow the rest of the instructions ...

K..ALX

Yep - It sounds like it's hard but actullay it is not. I did not have to install the "point rewards" mod to get this to work. It has to do with, as ALX said, settings in Admin and MOSTLY understnding of how the redeem button at checkout is to be used.

After thinking this through, I have (will complete today) done several things. to make sure that the client is not confused during checkout and with the Voucher process.

1. (and this is just a preference thing for me) I went through and renamed all my displays from saying "Credit Voucher" to "Gift Certificate".

2. I renamed the Redeem Button at check out to say something like "Apply Discount".

3. In the Voucher (Now Gift Certificate e-mail sent to the client) I removed the reference to being able to use the checkout process to redeem your "Gift Certificate" as well as the link to the web sites home page. Instead I want to force the customer to use the "Redeem" link in the e-mail to get back to the web site. By doing so, I have also added language to the Redeem Gift Certificate screen that refers to the fact that he/she now has been given a CREDIT in his/her shopping cart for the "Gift Certificate" instead of you have redeemed a voucher tye language.

4. Which is the other thing I changed (again only as a preference to me). I removed references to "Redeeming" and replaced it with "Credit Balance". To me when I redeem something I immediately get something for it....ie, "here is a coupon that I want to redeem for 10% off the product" I know that technically the customer is redeeming his/her "Voucher" (Again Gift Certificate) but nothing is really given in return until a purchase is made which could be sometime later. That is why I opted to call it a credit balance on his/her account.

5. At checkout, I changed the reference to the Voucher/Discount input area to refer only to redeeming a discount. I did not change any logic in the code so it can still be used as designed to redeem a voucher, but that is going to be my little secret (or back door if you will). Now that I am forcing the customer to return to the site by going through the reedem confirmation screen, there is really no need for this as a Voucher redemtion area.

So the result is this. A Gift Certificate is sent to a customer, the customer must use the return link in the e-mail sent out to gain credit for the gift certificate. The confirmation screen tells the customer that there is a credit balance now in his/her account. All references to redeeming a voucher is now gone. When the couster checks out, the "Tick" box now saya "Apply Credit Balance to Purchase". The other box referes to applying a discount to the purchase and most of the confusion is eliminated. Most people who shop on the internet understand how to apply a discount code at check out and this presentation is a little more familiar to them.

One of the real drivers for me was when I asked my wife, who does not do a lot of internet shopping to test the original process. I painstakenly placed a lot of explanation in every spot I could to make sure the customer (in this case my wife) understood how to make the Voucher work. After all of the detailed explanations at every step of the way, she still did it wrong. When I asked her what I could say in the explanation to get people to do it right her response was "I did not even read that stuff!" And neither will the customer. I felt the best thing to do was to hold their hand and force them to do it a single way.

Of course all of this is basically presentation and not code changes, so if you find these ideas helpful, I glad. If you disagree with me that's ok too. However, please don't ask me to supply you with my changes. I simply did a search and replace in all of my cde for the language changes. If you have installed this mod, you know there are about a trillion places and modules that must be changed. You are on your own here.

I really appreciate the exchanges from ALX to help clarify why it was not working for me. It is that kind of support that makes this project valuable. Thanks ALX!!!

Rick

Hello forum,

I?m using this great contribution for some days now and am really satisfied with it.

But there is one thing I would like to change but not in the position to realize for myself because less of knowlegde.

I?m sure it has already been discussed. I also found some threads asking for that but I didn?t found a concrete answer.

That?s the problem:

Using Discount Coupons I want the coupon value to be deducted and then the VAT(tax) to be adjusted after the coupon amount was taken off.

I couldn?t realize that changing the settings in Admin->Order Total to several tax options and sort orders.

That?s my total calculation for the moment:

Sub-Total: 16,90?

Shipping: 4,95?

Discount Coupons:85bdc8: -5,00?

Tax 16%: 3,01?

Total: 16,85?

The total amount which the customer has to pay is completely correct. But the Tax is calculated from 21,85(sub-total + shipping) but should be calculated from 16,85?(sub-total +shipping -discount).

I hope someone can help me to fix this. I think calculation in ot_coupon has to be changed. But as I said I?m not able to do it myself.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Hondo

Edited by Hondo

hi

I am having problems with the ccgv (like most people!!)

i) when i send a gift voucher (from shopping cart) to an unregistered member, they click the gv link and it takes them to login page but once registered they dont automatically get the vouvher - they have to go back to previous email and click the link or enter the voucher number to get the gift voucher

ii) also, the damn shopping cart displays coupon: more info (allowing the previously used coupon details to be seen) even when i log off and a new user logs on!!

iii) no discount coupons are allowed to be used when redeemed against gift vouchers. it still says' congrats... redeemed but one the next page it doesn't minus anything

iv) why does it automatically charge shipping fees for gift vouchers?

please advise

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

nevermind, I got it to work.  I do have a question on selling gift certificates though.  I have my admin set up to put GC orders into the queue.  I just placed a sample order for a $25 GC and I received the order confirmation but nothing showed up in the queue.  I have my product name set to GIFT25 as recommended, how am I supposed to get the GC code to my customer?

Thanks!!

I am having the "cannot redeclare class payment" problem - how did you get it to work?