osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I just did a fresh reinstall of the shop and implemented ccgv, after that I implemented RMA systems and auto-backup.

All seemed to be working OK until I tryed to create an account.

after creation I get a blank screen, then when I get back the account IS created ( so far just a little problem I guessed )

But after logging in on that account I get an error stating a Db called ".table_coupon_gv_customer' " does not exist.

I know IT DOES EXIST and I looked for it with my sql manager and found it ( knew it should be there )

Why do I keep getting this error, I've completely distroyed my previous shop looking for the problem and therefore I've set up a clean install to test various problems with, but as it seems now this one is been made useless too by installing one of the above together with ccgv.

PS. The error is only visible in the right box at the top, all other boxes now are unvisible.

gr. Jans

The problem seems to be in the shopping card.php file which selects the table ?

I got this same problem on a first install, and what I did was double checked my application_top.php file to make sure I'd added the references I needed, and I'd forgotten to do that. You need to check the one in catalog/includes as well as admin/includes.

This post is what helped me figure it out.

You might also want to drop your table in phpMyAdmin and run the sql query again to make sure it was installed correctly. And this goes without saying, but make sure you're always uploading .php files in ascii mode through ftp, and not through http.

I've checked and double checked everything, dropped the table and recreated it again with the tabl_naam.sql file

Nothing helped ( as I expected )

I also found your last upload is still missing files ( if compared to v 5.13c )

application_top.php now is missing from the catalo\includes as well as some other files.

I've copied them to my maps from the 5.13c version, but it did not do the trick.

I've read the post you've mentioned but that Is not a very helful suggestion the guy made, checking and double checking untill I way an ounce isn't gonna help me on this on, I've been doing that for 3 days now and I still can't find the answer ( and I know I've got eveything done A-OK on this one )

So if there is anyone who knows what he/she is doing regarding the ccgv in combination with the RAM module pleas contact me or post here please.

gr. Jans

PS: again I've got a totally screwed up shop left with all these testing.

I've checked and double checked everything, dropped the table and recreated it again with the tabl_naam.sql file

Nothing helped ( as I expected )

I also found your last upload is still missing files ( if compared to v 5.13c )

application_top.php now is missing from the catalo\includes  as well as some other files.

I've copied them to my maps from the 5.13c version, but it did not do the trick.

I've read the post you've mentioned but that Is not a very helful suggestion the guy made, checking and double checking untill I way an ounce isn't gonna help me on this on, I've been doing that for 3 days now and I still can't find the answer ( and I know I've got eveything done A-OK on this one )

So if there is anyone who knows what he/she is doing regarding the ccgv in combination with the RAM module pleas contact me or post here please.

gr. Jans

PS: again I've got a totally screwed up shop left with all these testing.

Contributions are to be used at your own risk. Or did you read that part?

This is a difficult contribution to install, and 99% of the time something doesn't work, it is user error.

People work hard on contributions, and they aren't entirely perfect. So before you bite the hands that feed you, perhaps you should be a little nicer.

Application_top.php only needs to be edited, not copied over, and was not in the original version that was modified. Did you read the instructions?? I think application_top.php was added in an earlier mod, but I never copy over the store as mine is heavily modded. All you have to do is perform the edit, LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS TELL YOU.

Tell me, which other files were "missing"?

You're missing some files.  You need the files for v5.13, not 5.11.  The new update has the missing files that are current.  Also, check the instructions in v5.13 to make sure you edited the catalog/includes/functions/general.php correctly.  That file is in v5.13d too.

I seem to have the same problem as epsilongroup. I installed OSC 2.2ms2, then copied the catalog folder(ccgb-513d) and made the 9 edits listed in the 'Easy Installation' part of the instructions. Finally, I installed the sql file (order_total_gv.sql).

When I go to catalog/admin/ I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/one/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:18) in /home/one/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 25

Line 25 for add_ccgvdc_application_top.php is:

function create_coupon_code($salt="secret", $length=SECURITY_CODE_LENGTH) {

When I go to catalog/index.php I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/one/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:17) in /home/one/public_html/catalog/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 36

Line 36 for add_ccgvdc_application_top.php is:

function create_coupon_code($salt="secret", $length = SECURITY_CODE_LENGTH) {

I don't think I've changed catalog/includes/functions/general.php and I couldn't find anything about what to edit it to, in the installation instructions.

I installed the credit class & gift voucher straight from v5.13d(ccgb-513d), bypassing 5.13, is this OK?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Cube, many thanks for your reply.  That if statement seemed to have fixed the two warnings that were listing for each(), but I still see errors listed under each product which do not use attributes:

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /hsphere/local/home/diskolog/diskology.com/catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php on line 83

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /hsphere/local/home/diskolog/diskology.com/catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php on line 84

Could it be getting some incorrect variable settings from /catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php?

Thanks again!

Can you post that section of your order_details.php - I haven't got that file, so I guess its from a different contrib?

Quentin

Hi, ok i have installed Credit Class & Gift Voucher 5.13d as per the instructions, and now i cant load the admin it doesnt even give me an error to go on just comes up blank white.

i made a back up of my old site and restored that and the admin works so it has to be something in the Credit Class & Gift Voucher module.

just so you know i have not installed OsC to the catalog directory it is directly under the root not sure if this makes a difference. I have updated configure.php in admin and in the root includes directorys.

any ideas?

hmmm this is intresting.

if i got in to application_top.php in admin/includes and comment out the line that says

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

my admin loads, so obviously its some where in there

help?

++++EDIT+++++

ok that was on a fresh install if i revert back to my orginal install it does nothing :-(

Edited by n1codemus

ok im getting very annoyed with this, why cant i load my admin page i have followed the intructions!! some one help me out please!!!!

ok after getting very annoyed with this contrib i decided to do a fresh install of OSC 2.2MS2 and a fresh install of credit class 5.13d and guess what same result, i cant access my admin just appears blank and i can access my site either same again just blank.

not sure if this is any help but heres some info on my server

System Windows NT WEBSERVER 5.2 build 3790

Build Date Mar 30 2005 17:32:35

Server API ISAPI

Virtual Directory Support enabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS\php.ini

PHP API 20020918

PHP Extension 20020429

Zend Extension 20021010

Debug Build no

Thread Safety enabled

Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

running IIS6

i know Osc does funny things under windows so im wondering if this plug in does too but to be honest im not smart enough to sort it out myself

Contributions are to be used at your own risk.  Or did you read that part?

This is a difficult contribution to install, and 99% of the time something doesn't work, it is user error. 

People work hard on contributions, and they aren't entirely perfect. So before you bite the hands that feed you, perhaps you should be a little nicer.

Not biting any hand dear Watson, just expressing my frustration ( or is that a thing only Dutch people are used to do ? )

As I said I clean installed the shop with the 3.15d ccgv and this time I know I am doing it the right way, but I am missing at least a few files in the 3.15d for example;

catalog\includes

application_top.php, not present but, present in 3.15c

database_tables.php, also

filenames.php, also

Wher application_top.php is mearly the main file that holds the configuration of the total thing I am told

Again, not biting, just trying to solve a problem, and if it can be solved I only hope others can benefit from it in the true sence of the open source movement

gr. Jans

// Gift Voucher 31-05-05

define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_QUEUE', 'coupon_gv_queue');

define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER', 'coupon_gv_customer');

define('TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK', 'coupon_email_track');

define('TABLE_COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK', 'coupon_redeem_track');

define('TABLE_COUPONS', 'coupons');

define('TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION', 'coupons_description');

Adding this to both database_tables.php files ( locale\includes\ and admin\includes\ ) seemes to do the trick, although I can not find it in the install file ( look again and better in a few minutes )

Thanks to Rigadin for pointing my nose in the right direction ;-)

Jans,

How did you fix the french problem you had before? I also have french text inside the admin menu for the coupon module just like you did.

And also I have Vouchers/Coupons menu twice like you did (but that is not a big problem)

I really want to get rid of hte french text , please help!

also, im wondering if thers a way of showing the actual total minus the coupon discount?

right now the way it shows in the checkout confirmation is as follows:

Sub-Total: $119.94

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $124.94

Discount Coupons:TEST: -$29.99

Id perfer it to show the total with the discount already included...

// Gift Voucher 31-05-05

Adding this to both database_tables.php files ( locale\includes\ and admin\includes\ ) seemes to do the trick, although I can not find it in the install file ( look again and better in a few minutes )

Thanks to Rigadin for pointing my nose in the right direction ;-)

Just an update on how to do it correctly,

Includes\application_top.php, add - require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

As Rigadin said.

Then, and this is important;

// CCGV

Add this to the database_includes.php in the admin folder and DO NOT add the require line as per install file because you'll end up with a white screen admin center

Hi,

I tried that sequence

CCard Info & voucher -> Redeem -> CCard Info -> Continue

and the voucher details showed correctly in Order Confirmation.

Not sure what to suggest :(

Quentin

Hi Quentin, thanks for checking into this... my current coupon expires today, so once it has, I'll look into this and see if I can figure it out. I thought I had installed it according to the instructions, but since my coupon is below the credit card, perhaps I messed something up. Will let you know!

Janet

Jans,

How did you fix the french problem you had before? I also have french text inside the admin menu for the coupon module just like you did.

And also I have? Vouchers/Coupons menu? twice like you did (but that is not a big problem)

I really want to get rid of hte french text , please help!

I did'nt fix it ( yet ), but if someone is wiling to help I'd be much appreciative.

Not only I get a working CCGV now but also double lines of CCVG menu options in both english and french

I guess it is a double declaration somewhere in application top or in the boxes somewhere ( just a guess though )

Edited by jans

I did'nt fix it ( yet ), but if someone is wiling to help I'd be much appreciative.

Not only I get a working CCGV now but also double lines of CCVG menu options in both english and french

I guess it is a double declaration somewhere in application top or in the boxes somewhere ( just a guess though )

I have to correct myself on this one- I ONLY HAVE FRENCH option and everything twice, it gets crazyer by the day

the sql file provided with the package has french text within it, that is why this shows up in the admin as french

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Offrir un chèque cadeau', 'NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0', 'Veuillez indiquer le montant du chèque cadeau que vous voulez offrir à un nouveau client.<br><br>Mettre 0 si vous ne voulez pas offrir de chèque cadeau<br>', 1, 31, NULL, '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Offrir un coupon de réduction', 'NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '', 'Pour offrir un coupon de réduction a un nouveau client veuillez entrer le code du coupon de réduction.<br><br>Laisser vide si vous ne voulez pas offrir de coupon de réduction<BR>', 1, 32, NULL, '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL, NULL);

hello,

i have a pretty new installation of osC with the CCGV contribution (plus a couple others). i have not made any design or other modifications of my own but I have added the following contributions (which all appear to be working): CCGV, category descriptions, product sort order, PayPal IPN, and the how did you hear of us contributions.

i am going to sell downloadable products (PDFs of games to play at parties) but cannot seem to get a successful download.

I have enabled downloads in the admin panel

I have added the products to the catalog and set the product attribute with the corresponding filename

i have put the PDF file to be downloaded into the download folder

i have set the pub folder to 777 and the download folder to 755 ... i think i've covered all the bases! at least the ones that are mentioned in the documentation for product downloads

however, when i check out, (using the test cc and paypal IPN) no download link appears -- it just gives the default "your products will be delivered in 3-5 business days" message

i have installed the PayPal IPN contribution (the one that is developed and supported by the OSC team), but i do not think the problem is related to that contribution as I also do not get a download link when I use the test credit card to check out.

i disabled the gift voucher module in hopes that it would make the product downloads work, but no luck.

did i miss something in enabling and setting up downloadable products ... or setting up the coupons and gift vouchers?

any hints or shoves in the right direction would be appreciated

thanks!

~Snowboard Mommy

PS: sorry if this has already been covered in this forum. i did several searches of all forums and nothing really came close. the search for a particular topic kept giving me an "overflow" error.

ok, i sorta answered my own question, and i'm not sure if this is a CCGV issue anymore ... i had to add an option name and option value to the downloadable product in order for the system to recognize the download filename attribute. ... now both the gift vouchers and the downloads work, but the product description for the downloadable product has an unnecessary and potentially confusing product option drop down.

if this isn't a CCGV issue and anyone knows of a forum or support doc I can get more help one, please let me know. thanks.